Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 7, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2008
I don't even care anymore.
Mar 7, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
Wtf just happened?
Mar 7, 2014 8:35 PM

Oct 2013
I don't know if it is a dream or not, but my personal impression is that in the light of what Kouko said in the episode 17:

she wants to push him to figure out who he is on his own and she doesn't want to hold him back if he chooses not to be with her. She probably thinks that him giving her the ring is not the whole Banri, because the conflict with his old self isn't figured out yet.

Of course, this is a speculation on my part, but in light of her speech from the ep 17. it sounds like one plausible explanation.
Cemeteries are full of past winners.

Hypocrisy is about being your own marketing department.
Mar 7, 2014 10:18 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
that ending
wow
but the preview sorta ruins it... everyone looks happy.
Mar 7, 2014 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
lijenstina said:
I don't know if it is a dream or not, but my personal impression is that in the light of what Kouko said in the episode 17:

she wants to push him to figure out who he is on his own and she doesn't want to hold him back if he chooses not to be with her. She probably thinks that him giving her the ring is not the whole Banri, because the conflict with his old self isn't figured out yet.

Of course, this is a speculation on my part, but in light of her speech from the ep 17. it sounds like one plausible explanation.

It's a very good explanation. We know Koko loves Banri, so she didn't leave him. So you may be right she might be pushing him. Though the interesting things is, Koko seems to be apart of his being regardless if it is his old self or current self.

It's also possible that could have been a dream sequence, something about the exchange seemed off. Given Koko said she would stay by his side earlier in the episode, it would make little sense for her to end the episode by saying she was leaving him.

Nice cliff hanger.
Mar 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Feb 2014
QuasWexExort said:
This is one of my favorite and i swear to god, if the ending sucks(Banri-Linda or Banri Single), I quit watching anime

How the fuck can you say Banri x Linda's relationship is bad? It was originally their relationship to caught off as the series began. Even I find Linda is quite bitch to letting Koko have Banri. Well it can't be helped since Banri is suck as being a person as well.

More manlytears to come..
Mar 7, 2014 11:27 PM

Dec 2013
...did KoKo really do that? I mean come on that's like a slap in the face to the entire fan base of the series. There's no way this will hold up.

In other news, it was hard for me to feel sad for Chinami when I keep saying in my head. Yes it was your fault.

This episode was kind of a drag.
Mar 7, 2014 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
shimada_m said:
QuasWexExort said:
This is one of my favorite and i swear to god, if the ending sucks(Banri-Linda or Banri Single), I quit watching anime

How the fuck can you say Banri x Linda's relationship is bad? It was originally their relationship to caught off as the series began. Even I find Linda is quite bitch to letting Koko have Banri. Well it can't be helped since Banri is suck as being a person as well.

More manlytears to come..

Repeat after me BANRI AND LINDA WERE NEVER IN A RELATIONSHIP. They were just friends. Linda has repeated that ad nauseum. Just let it go.

So yes it would be a crap ending if Banri ended with Linda - who has shown no interest what so ever in having any kind of romantic relationship with Banri. Now, if Linda was shown to be rival, that would be a different story. But all she has been is a big sister to Banri. Nothing more.
Mar 8, 2014 1:16 AM

Dec 2013
Gawdayum them feels!

The beef party all ruined by the memory return.
I think Banri's getting a bit paranoid here. Every single time he suffers a relaps it's always been Koko's name that has pulled him through, every single time. Given how she's always said that she'd be there for him, I highly doubt that she would just reject him the way she did at the end of the show without any reason.

Whilst I'm not too sure that the end of this episode was a dream sequence as some have mentioned, I do believe that if she had said those words for real, that Koko had a reason behind it.

I love the way they marketed this show to coincide with the last novel. If the novels had been translated to English I would have bought the entire series already!

Can't wait to see what happens next, as always. Bring on next week!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 8, 2014 1:31 AM
Aug 2013
team linda but that was a pretty shitty way to break off kouko lol
Mar 8, 2014 1:32 AM

Jun 2013
WHAT THE FUUUJFNEDIRGNEFOGNJRWGNRG

And then the previews immediately diffused the tension. -___-
Mar 8, 2014 3:40 AM

Mar 2010
Characters in anime always LIE when they hide their eyes.

Although it seemed to be obvious, i believe that Koko lied.
Mar 8, 2014 4:34 AM

Aug 2012
I just. I dunno. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I'm a huge Koko fan and if she doesn't end up with Banri after the series basically shipping them for most of it's episodes, I'm done watching anime in general. I only keep watching this because Koko is awesome and Banri was a real man for two seconds when he decided to be with her. Sadly, after that, it all went down hill with the amnesia BS. Guess they gotta fill 24 episodes with -something-, right?

Romance anime seems to be afraid to give a good ending, and one of the few exceptions to that was ToraDora, which came from the same creator as Golden Time, so I'm still hopeful. Sadly however, the industry as a whole seems to favor endings where the MC either chooses no one, or they go for a "bad end" where the MC gets their heart broken, or one of the mates doesn't survive for some reason, etc.

I'd provide examples, but I don't really want to spoil other series here. All I can say is that I'm really tired of being let down and I wish that I could just get a simple ending where a couple can overcome their little drama BS and stay together with a happy ending. There's enough depressing things out there in modern media, including anime, there's no need to monopolize it into "romcoms" too.

On another note, I'm -really- tired of writers resorting to amnesia, time travel, or parallel universes to try to put together a story. I have NEVER seen it work to any reasonable extent. Even the simple "Oh we were friends when we were kids but I forgot you" stuff is getting old and never works. Writers please; just quit it and tell a straight-up story, or give up writing.

EDIT: So I just watched the ending again. I think she's probably going to another college... in Paris! XD Banri better follow her...
ChaospanMar 8, 2014 4:44 AM
Mar 8, 2014 4:54 AM

May 2013
wtf just happened
Mar 8, 2014 7:01 AM

Jun 2010
2d-kun best support char.

Well, it's Toradora all over again..
Mar 8, 2014 8:27 AM

Oct 2009
Just when I was starting to like Kouko, she pulls this.
2D-kun still the best char!
Mar 8, 2014 9:14 AM

Aug 2012
Hahahahahahaha, oh wow, was I supposed to feel something at the end?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2012
plot twist: at the end he wakes up from coma and everything that happened since the start was just a dream...

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 8, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2009
TADA BANRI

5layer said:
Mar 8, 2014 1:26 PM
Jan 2014
Am I the only one who thinks she has seen the video on the Okamera where Banri got his memories back?
(The part where he was like "don't tell Koko *sob**scream*" was filmed)
And maybe she remembers the talk at her house where he said he still had feelings for Linda?

Or maybe he's dreaming....

I'm thinking too much...
Apprentice Otaku
Mar 8, 2014 3:29 PM

Dec 2012
Well, just as I was thinking that episode was quite good...BAM! Unnecessary Koko-drama. I don't even care what grand reason they might concoct for it.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Mar 8, 2014 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
2D-kun and Nana-senpai >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All

besides that
5layer said:
Mar 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2010
wait.... wtf just happened?!?
Mar 8, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2009
God. This show is awful.
Mar 8, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2010
Episode itself was ''ok'', but I kinda started to giggle at the end...
Also, i cant believe people think this is for real.
incompleteAEGISMar 8, 2014 6:38 PM
Mar 8, 2014 8:08 PM

Aug 2010
Shocked by the ending. I don't believe Koko meant what she said at the end though.
Mar 8, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2011
What.The.FUCK.
Mar 8, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
Matthz said:
What.The.FUCK.

+1

Koko pulls this shit, WTF!!!?
Mitsu and 2D-kun true bros!!!!
Mar 8, 2014 9:07 PM

Mar 2012
Funny ending
Mar 8, 2014 9:18 PM

Dec 2009
I apologize to Oka thinking she was a bitch.
And past Banri appearing again was awesome! Kinda interesting that Koko's name turns himself back to normal.
And did she really just dump him at the end of the episode? I wonder if he'll ever come back after that when his past self comes out.

If her dumping Banri is real... then that means all that time they were together was an act.. damn. But why? I can't really see it as making Mitsuo jealous because would she of waited that long for a reaction from him when he never gave one from all that time that they've dated?
waalex11Mar 8, 2014 9:21 PM
Mar 8, 2014 9:59 PM

Feb 2014
This anime was supposed to be a Masterpiece..... That fucking episode ruined it..

Banri should try to text everyone that contains something like "Goodbye Everyone... It was nice knowing you all but I can't take this pain anymore.. So Bye! :)". <=====In short.. I want him to try and commit suicide and all of his friends will try and stop him. And then, Koko comes and confesses her real feelings for Banri. Then, the two makes up and they lived happily ever after...

BTW I see people saying that he should go back to Linda... "Past is past.. What matters is the present"..

Don't hate me. This is only my opinion..
LOL
Mar 8, 2014 10:09 PM
Jan 2013
TheMeatwad said:
With Banri's panic attacks, I don't think it would come as a surprise to anyone if he gets in another accident and we get... Banri #3! But would we have 2 Ghost Banris then? Fascinating!

LOOOL. I feel bad for laughing but this is hilarious xD
Mar 8, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
I suppose I don't really understand Koko's motivations here. I mean, she could legitimately no longer have interest in a relationship with Banri - but that seems incredibly unlikely. It seems much more plausible that this is some sort of gambit to try and make Banri stronger... but that guy has the mental toughness of tissue paper. Is it really the best idea to just throw him in the metaphorical deep end and say "sink or swim"?

Well, I am sure we will see how this all plays out in the last couple of episodes; still, regardless of the result, I can't say that I would want Koko as my therapist.
Mar 8, 2014 11:32 PM

Jan 2014
Idk if that was just his dream but if its not then whatever. I guess that's the best thing to do if I were in Koko's shoes. I don't even know what is going on in this anime, kinda awful to watch Lol. Anyways, I wonder how things will end.
"Even if it's only one person go out and find someone unique"

Anime ListManga List
Feel free to recommend me some anime! Thank you! (o⌒.⌒o)

Mar 9, 2014 1:41 AM

Dec 2013
Nice actual drama....until the PV shows them being lovey dovey and smiling in the next episode again.

Who comes up with these PVs that spoil everything completely.
Mar 9, 2014 3:08 AM
Feb 2014
OOOOH!!!
Such an unexpected turn! Now looking forward to see the next episode and trying to guess, what will happen next...
Mar 9, 2014 3:11 AM
Jan 2014
E_1999 said:
Nice actual drama....until the PV shows them being lovey dovey and smiling in the next episode again.

Who comes up with these PVs that spoil everything completely.

Well that's probably to mislead people, trust me for people who don't want to watch the sad bits is probably stay away from the next 2 episodes and wait till the last lol I mean something bad is obviously going to happen, I already know what's coming next episode of it follows the light novel
Also the title for the next episode should make it obvious "paradise lost"

The fact is this is coming to the peak of the drama to finish it off, the 8th an hopefully final light novel comes out tomorrow so hoping for a happy ending like toradora, I mean if its not I really don't understand what the hell this story is lol
To me Barni just becomes annoying, and yes koko may be annoying but its her personality and she develops through out the series even if she's being selfish I think she wants what's best for Barni
Mar 9, 2014 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
outkastfox said:
What...I can't believe Koko said that...:(

I can believe that because why can Koko suddenly change her feelings from Mitsuo to Banri? She always hunts Mitsuo since the childhood...and now?
In my mind Banri is just a replacement of Koko because Koko didn't get back the love from Mitsuo.
Mar 9, 2014 5:29 AM

Sep 2013
i finally caught up with this series and wtf with that ending man i know koko plotting something but damn that must be hurt for banri
Mar 9, 2014 7:59 AM

Dec 2009
I was about to write how Koko growed from the first episode to here. But, after watch this ending I have only one word do say:

BITCH!

Could be a dream? I really don't know, but I cheer to no. I would like to see how the novel author can explain this. Can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 9, 2014 12:39 PM

Oct 2013
PauloDDD said:
I was about to write how Koko growed from the first episode to here. But, after watch this ending I have only one word do say:

BITCH!

Could be a dream? I really don't know, but I cheer to no. I would like to see how the novel author can explain this. Can't wait for the next episode!

Bitch is exactly what I was thinking to. The last 3 episodes will be interesting if nothing else. A great anime which deserves a great ending. Fingers crossed they have done a good job.
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Mar 9, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2009
ltspfan said:
plot twist: at the end he wakes up from coma and everything that happened since the start was just a dream...

plot twist: we all wake up and slowly, we come to realize that anime was a dream so we didn't watch it irl.

Sorry but I have to quote lyrics from a song and I think it really fits to the ending in this episode: "The hottest love has the coldest end". Though we do not know how it will end yet.
dayoooooonMar 9, 2014 2:46 PM

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Mar 9, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2010
What.

What.

The heck just happened?

This anime is getting more and more fucked up. I expect nothing but an incredibly bad ending to be entirely satisfied now.
Mar 9, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2012
though is was a little over the top with Nana's slap and all, think the impact and emotions would be better if there were little less crazy screaming
Mar 9, 2014 5:30 PM
Jan 2014
Well the last novel is out, and guess what? Haha nah don't want to ruin it for anyone, but happy or sad ending I can guarantee that there will be some sad raging moments lol
Mar 9, 2014 5:39 PM

Mar 2009
This... Wow...What the hell? Now, I wonder....
Mar 9, 2014 6:21 PM
Mar 2014
I love the show....I hope Koko will recognize she is his link back to the present. I hope he will give her the scenic honey dipped moment to specially offer the heirloom ring...anime love has not jarred me or made my heart ache like the last scene, writers addiction...Im guessing. I will keep watching till the end...hope for the promise of that ring for all of us
Mar 9, 2014 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
I think Kokou is planning something to help Banri.
However, What Banri really need is to see a real psychologists.
He is suffering from Panic attack, Anxiety disorder, Personality Disorder, PTSD, and memory disorder. Professionally, I think he should be in psych ward for his own and other safety until he recover under proper treatment.

This manga is going from Romance into struggle with mental illness, remind me of story schizophrenia suffers, which I don't mind much as I studied the subject, but not sure about regular auidence
Mar 10, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
Sennengoroshi said:
I really don't like where this anime is going...

Me too like seriously!!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.