Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2014 4:17 AM

Nov 2011
Am I the only one that's glad Koko finally broke it off? Ever since the episode where Linda ripped up that picture of her and Banri, I've just been rolling my eyes at all the Koko/Banri fluff. Also, that opening song is horrid.
Mar 7, 2014 5:24 AM

Feb 2008
Jonesy974 said:
Damn, this rollercoaster is never ending!

It looks like maybe Koko saw the tape, which had him calling for Linda, then had him saying he didn't want Koko to know his memories came back because he wanted be with her. Then in response, Koko broke it off to keep both of them from being hurt.

I have a terrible feeling that this I going to end with like them together, but then all of a sudden one day he totally forgets himself and all his college memories and Koko ends up being by him as a friend of something sad. Like some old person with Alzheimers. Though this is the same writer as Toradora so I hope a nice cute happy ending gets pulled out of somewhere!

Also am I the only one who thinks Banri should stop being a pussy and just tell everyone about his memory loss already? Like seriously, they're his good friends who support all of his crazy ass breakdowns, and it is absolutely no help if all he says is "I feel like I'll disappear and no one will notice". Literally all he would need to do is say, "hey, I lost my memories after HS graduation, and started my life over as a new Banri because my whole self vanished. Now lately I can feel the memories coming back and I'm scared I'll lose all my current memories". Boom. Everything is now so much smoother.

Yeah, I'm starting to get tired of all this amnesia drama, and Banri is grating on my nerves with his indecisiveness and unwillingness to come out clean about his past. Is he really the same guy who had the balls to force himself out of Koko's friendzone ? Not to mention the fact that he should really see a doctor. It looks to me like a possible case of multiple personality ( the first one holds his past memories, the second one is the current Banri).
The ultimate trolling would be if the real Banri was still in a coma and the entire series was just his dream.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Mar 7, 2014 5:35 AM

Oct 2009
Eh? What? O_O
Mar 7, 2014 5:38 AM

Aug 2013
was clear that Chinami liked Mitsuo ..
Banri has seemed weak and frail in recent episodes
I hope he returns with the force that had earlier in the anime
but in the end he was kicked by Kouko
I hope the situation improves for him

estava claro que Chinami gostava de Mitsuo ..
Banri tem parecido mais fraco e frágil nos últimos episódios
espero que ele retorne com a força que tinha no começo do anime
mas no final ele foi chutado por Kouko
espero que a situação melhore para ele
Mar 7, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2010
This was strong, I loved the scene where Banri helped out Yana gather the leaves and stumbled on Oka chan using her plastic bag

The coming out of Banri with the help of Koko went so wrong
It was good to know Chinami loves Mitsuo after all, but for her to feel to late

Then the memory overload on Tada struck, he ran away which probably disappointed Koko
Yana and 2d kun catching him and gathering at the bench later on was such a nice bromance scene

Koko rejecting Banri at the end did surprise me for a bit
But I got the feeling she is testing him, since he hasn't be honest to her at all about his memory recalls
Mar 7, 2014 6:39 AM

Sep 2010
hokoritsuki said:
SandyBoi said:
Oh wow dat ending.
Caught me way off guard.
Just what is going on.. is it just a dream or is Koko planning something?
Liked this episode though.

I know this is unrelated but YOUR AVATAR is beautiful . WHO is that ?
Maybe Koko will have to go abroad to study so she dumped Banri .
Poor Banri ! I wish this Anime will have a good ending.
hokoritsuki said:
SandyBoi said:
Oh wow dat ending.
Caught me way off guard.
Just what is going on.. is it just a dream or is Koko planning something?
Liked this episode though.

I know this is unrelated but YOUR AVATAR is beautiful . WHO is that ?
Maybe Koko will have to go abroad to study so she dumped Banri .
Poor Banri ! I wish this Anime will have a good ending.

That's Maki from Love Live
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 7, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2010
Heavy episode, laughed at 2D-kun 'catching' Banri.

Wtf at the end..
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 7, 2014 7:36 AM

Jul 2010
Kami_no_Kage said:
Wongseifu said:
ExOsc2 said:
I could see it not being a dream sequence, but Koko dealing with how Banri "ran away" from himself (and in Koko's mind) from her again.

It's my understanding that this is where the source material is currently at. Does anybody know when they are releasing the final volume, and if the anime will be following that or will we have an anime-only ending?

Think the anime is ending on its own rather than the novel series. Its wouldn't make sense for this ending coming out before the novels ending

I don't know, there's some anime that end with the source ending before the source aren't there?

Anyway, like everyone else said, either it was a dream at the end or she saw that video we all saw filming. Everything looks fine in the preview for next episode though, so I'm not too worried.

The final volume of the light novel series comes out today (or tomorrow, but it will be today in my time zone...). They are doing it exactly like they did Toradora!, with the final novel coming out a few weeks before the end of the anime. The difference is that they have left three full episodes to finish the eighth volume of the light novels instead of cramming it into two. That is the amount of space they have, in general, given to each novel in the series. (8 novels, 24 episodes, a couple of side-story plots tossed in for flavor, but mostly just from the main storyline novels.)

As for the ending of this episode:

Did it not strike you that Kouko didn't seem at all like herself in that final scene? She didn't sound like herself at all, either. It started with her comment, relayed by Oka, after finding out Banri ran away. Banri ran away, so she is too! Remember back when Kouko had locked herself in her room? Remember what she said then? What was her fear? She feared that Banri would lose his memory again, forget her, and run away from it leaving her behind. What did he do? He freaking ran away! She sees her greatest fear, the nightmare that kept her awake for days and days, preventing her from being an active participant in life, coming true before her very eyes. Banri is going to leave her, forget that she ever existed, and run from his fear of the whole thing. What she doesn't realize is what brings him back every time he has an episode. One word: Kouko! Yes! Kouko! I have to stay here for Kouko! If I leave, she'll be alone... All she sees is her fears coming true and she can't handle it, so instead of waiting for the man she loves to disapear before her eyes, she took proactive measures and disappeared before his.

Sayonara!

(Does that make sense now? Mitsuo has no meaning in it other than as an excuse for why she would be leaving college: because she never really wanted to go to this college in the first place. It was just a means to an end thet NO LONGER MATTERS! She doesn't want Mitsuo anymore, if she did, she would stick around.)

Another option that I just thought of...

Who did Kouko have dinner with last night? Linda, Nana, and Oka! All of them are concerned about Banri in their own way, right? I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a plan hatched by Linda to snap Banri out of his funk and get him to really deal with his inner demons. I can see her asking Kouko to help Banri by giving him a shock to the system, telling him that there is no way she can plan a future with him the way his is now.

However, that probably isn't the case, since the way Kouko worded things she entirely painted herself as the bad guy, so I will go with my initial interpretation: She is running just as much as Banri is. She can't handle the potential of him leaving her, so she will do the leaving instead.

Now, Banri, you need to get your crap together and chase her!

I will also say that, even though I had read the spoilers about the ending of novel 7 and knew it was coming, it still hit me like a swift open-hand thrust to the solar plexus. I bawled the first two times I watched it. The third time I managed to just whimper a bit.
zensunniMar 7, 2014 7:40 AM
Mar 7, 2014 8:05 AM

Jul 2013
Basically I will reserve judgement on this until they show us what is behind it all. They can go so many directions here and it IS important as to what one they take before getting up in arms like some people. Yes the show can go full stupid if they play it out wrong but I usually have optimism for at least competent writing from the source author.
Mar 7, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
I refuse to accept the ending of this episode as something that actually happened.

It was fake, falsely done, it was Banri's dream. Fuck
What are you looking here for
Mar 7, 2014 8:15 AM
Nov 2010
Aerensianic said:
I usually have optimism for at least competent writing from the source author.

It's not the source that's the main issue from what I understand, it's the way the anime was adapted and directed.
Mar 7, 2014 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
OMG
WTF are you doing, Kouko???
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 7, 2014 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
ooh kill em ooh kill em
Mar 7, 2014 8:54 AM
Jan 2014
Madara31 said:

Oh well, hopefully Chinami confesses to Mitsuo in the last three episodes, cuz I still don't really like the idea of Mitsuo and Linda.

This ^. I'm rooting for Mitsuo x Chinami, I mean they both changed their hair styles because of one another (Chinami cut her hair so Mitsuo would notice her, and Mitsuo changed his hair color because of him getting rejected by Chinami). Those 2 are perfect for each other :p.
Mar 7, 2014 8:58 AM
Jan 2013
Wongseifu said:
fezzy_2004 said:
what the heck is going on she was just so sweet to him the previous night then that ????? like WTF is going on????

that cant be real .....no its not like he can just be like ..."oh well guess ill go back to linda" right ???

I thnik she saw the video tape of him essentially calling out for linda. Remember it was still running when he had his little mental breakdown. That was kinda hard to see even If I am for Linda and Banri. But yeah that could be an explanation

No. If she'd seen the video tape, she'd have known what was going on in its entire. It's more likely that either A. She thinks he's running away from everything again after promising her he wouldn't, and thus she's at her limit, or B. It's some plan to try and fix him that everyone cooked up.

It's likely A, and the video tape is going to be what Koko sees and brings her back to him. They wouldn't have lied to Koko and then just showed her the video tape for shits and giggles, and it's clear the video has some import later on. If Koko hadn't dumped Banri, I would've assumed it would have something to do with bringing back Banri's memories later.
Mar 7, 2014 9:17 AM
Feb 2013
Oh C'mon Kouko how you do that to Banri?
Mar 7, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2012
All can think is this.... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?!?!
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Mar 7, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
I really hope that last part is real and not a dream, banri needs to get rid of that bitch and go for linda. Also, this anime needs more proper drama, and thats the way to go!! I really liked this episode, no bullshit and straight to the story line.
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Mar 7, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
That must be really hard, a fight between 'present' Banri and 'old' Banri.

What Kouko? What was that? 10 minutes before you told him how much you love him and now pass? Poor Banri....
Mar 7, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
I can't predict where this anime is going and it's scaring me.
This show is just too good!
Mar 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
zensunni said:

Did it not strike you that Kouko didn't seem at all like herself in that final scene? She didn't sound like herself at all, either. It started with her comment, relayed by Oka, after finding out Banri ran away. Banri ran away, so she is too! Remember back when Kouko had locked herself in her room? Remember what she said then? What was her fear? She feared that Banri would lose his memory again, forget her, and run away from it leaving her behind. What did he do? He freaking ran away! She sees her greatest fear, the nightmare that kept her awake for days and days, preventing her from being an active participant in life, coming true before her very eyes. Banri is going to leave her, forget that she ever existed, and run from his fear of the whole thing. What she doesn't realize is what brings him back every time he has an episode. One word: Kouko! Yes! Kouko! I have to stay here for Kouko! If I leave, she'll be alone... All she sees is her fears coming true and she can't handle it, so instead of waiting for the man she loves to disapear before her eyes, she took proactive measures and disappeared before his.

Sayonara!

You make the most sense among the "wtf" comments here. So here, take this rock as a sign of my gratitude.

*throws rock*
Mar 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2009
The ending had me like: OMG WHAT!? O.O

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Mar 7, 2014 12:21 PM
Dec 2013
Say what you will about the show, but you have to admit it's unique, unlike most cliche and overused themes in anime these days.
Mar 7, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
Rooting for Linda.
Mar 7, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
I think that some people are really guilible to think that what Koko said at the end was her real feeling. It was obvious that she seemed to hurt herself even more that she was hurting Banri. Here is what I think happened : Recently, she saw him cracking too time, during the festival and with Oka-chan. She understand what is going on, that nowadays Banri is slowly dissapearing and that it is innevitable. If she accepted the ring, it was as if she was promising to always try to catch him and prevant the old Banri to live, something that she couldn't do since she know that old Banri was madly in love with Linda. In fact, accepting this ring would symbolise the incompatibility between old Banri and Koko and their innevitable rupture.

So what I'm trying to say is that she could not accept the ring from the man she love if it was to symbolise the fatality of Banri ''death''. The ring should be suppose to symbolise their eternal love, not some sad memories. But yeah, that scene hurted, a lot :(

I'm pretty sure that those camera scene will come back in the last episode. I don't think that this anime will have an happy ending. I don't think they will pull out a deus ex machina, I'm pretty sure nowadays Banri will dissapear and so his relationship with Koko, even if she doesn't want it. Maybe, maybe, while looking through the records, he will get some feeling back. I don't know, Golden Time really like to play with our feelings :/

Chinami finally have been honest with herself and Banri. It was kinda obvious that she loved Mitsuo and you can't blame her for having not accepted his first confession, it was so random and out of nowhere.

The bro scene was heartwarming. 2D-kun making a bit too much by K.O.ing Banri xD

I wonder if the festival club will dissapear. I hope not, Banri would feel so guilty :(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 7, 2014 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
It's obvious that Koko is just trying to separate herself from Banri, thinking the old Tada will come back to search for Linda.
Mar 7, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
Some people taking that end at face value...rufl
Mar 7, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
I have to say that this is the first episode that makes me wonder what is going to happen next. but then I saw the preview and that feeling dissapeared when I saw them happy.
Mar 7, 2014 1:58 PM
Feb 2012
What a very interesting episode. I was highly entertained. But the preview kinda gives it away that Kouko won't leave him.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 7, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, this episode was pretty intense. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Mar 7, 2014 2:12 PM
Jan 2014
WAAAAAHHH T.T Banri why did this happen :(
Mar 7, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
So dense...it didn't even occur to me that Chinami cut her hair to be more Linda -like i.e. attractive to Yana.
Mar 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
Bad I idea to watch back to back anime that gives me FEEELSSS!!!

OMG she saw the video. She broke his heart AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH T___T

But the preview they are back. TwT.
Mar 7, 2014 3:21 PM
Oct 2013
Oh my god... that ending...
Oh right, before i say anything, better to warn you about spoilers. None of this is confirmed, im only speculating, take it or leave it.
Mar 7, 2014 3:29 PM
Jul 2013
More emotional crises and other than that, Koko Banri rejected the motion, this series is going down.
Mar 7, 2014 3:34 PM
Mar 2014
The end was promising but I really need to stop watching the previews :s
Mar 7, 2014 3:44 PM

Oct 2012
Mullegun said:
Sennengoroshi said:
I really don't like where this anime is going...

Like he said. I don't know what else to think now. Especially the ending of the episode it just..WHAT IS HAPPENING?

I'm as confused as you guys can be. My only reaction to the ending was just "WTF ?!?". Why did Koko said that when Banri had finallt set his mind ? I simply don't understand ...

I really hope that the 3 remaining episodes will bring me the answers to those questions I currently have and that everything will end with a happy ending, because if not it'be a waste.
Mar 7, 2014 4:13 PM
Mar 2014
In my opinion i think koko knows whats going on with barni and wants to try and help him which causes break up... that or she saw the video on her cam
Mar 7, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
WTF at the ending... All that BS they have been together for 10+ episodes, and dropping the breakup bomb....

Well I think she saw the video when the camera was recording it for quite awhile and Banri shouting Linda all the time. Also I could tell that Koko is losing her trust to Banri when he is always running away in the beginning of the episode.

Sidenote: I think that wraps up Oka's feelings towards Yana and her motivation to cut her hair. Wonder how the ending will look like for the show.

Mar 7, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
Banri should probably go seek medical help like right now.

What I wonder is how come they let him out of the hospital knowing he has memory problems without medical supervision. Shouldn't he meet up with his therapist once a week or something?

Anyway, dat Koko rejection was like a nuclear bomb. She probably saw what okamera recorded when Banri was being a little girl and calling for Linda in his room.
Mar 7, 2014 4:33 PM

Nov 2012
"Goodbye." No,this isn't happening ;___;

Hmm,I wonder if Kouko really didn't see that tape and that's the real reason they "broke up"?

On a lighter note lol'd @ 2-D-kun headbutting Banri and Nana slapping him.
Mar 7, 2014 5:16 PM

Jan 2012
For God Sake I cant stand this show anymore. I can't believe how ridiculous this become. You lost memories and so what. You don't need to have past in order to have future. The way he is scarred and keep crying is just too absurd to me.Its not like he fought in the war and had seen or experienced terrible things so he is afraid to remember those memories. I spend my childhood sleeping with my neighbors in basement while my city has been under artillery and air attacks. I still remember the sound of shelling and the feel of vibrations and didn't get any trauma .I hate how the feelings are way too exaggerated. So what if my friend lost memories and didn't tell me. I couldn't care less. Everyone are so super bitchy to the point that it irritates me endlessly.
Mar 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Mar 2012
This ending made my left eye cry :( (yeah, only my left eye)

ecimir said:
For God Sake I cant stand this show anymore. I can't believe how ridiculous this become. You lost memories and so what. You don't need to have past in order to have future. The way he is scarred and keep crying is just too absurd to me.Its not like he fought in the war and had seen or experienced terrible things so he is afraid to remember those memories. I spend my childhood sleeping with my neighbors in basement while my city has been under artillery and air attacks. I still remember the sound of shelling and the feel of vibrations and didn't get any trauma .I hate how the feelings are way too exaggerated. So what if my friend lost memories and didn't tell me. I couldn't care less. Everyone are so super bitchy to the point that it irritates me endlessly.

That's why you don't understand it. If you had amnesia or any shit like that, losing your present memories for you would be like dying, cuz you wouldn't know anyone, you had no one who you could ask for help, you had NOTHING, yeah NOTHING, you wouldn't even know who the fuck you were before. You wouldn't who was your girlfriend, your parents, your friends... Can you imagine that? Not having memories means you have no present, it would make you feel like a big baby that had recently born and didn't know anything about the world... That would be fucking scary for me and most of the people (thought, I bet there are people that would like to have this). Banri's past is not a trauma, he just wants to live the present that he created with time, and knowing that this present could vanish is scary for him.
Mar 7, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2009
Iolo said:
If that wasn't a dream about Koko, then she has turned into a real bitch.

I feel bad for Banri.

My thoughts exactly. But I don't think it's what the cliffhanger is trying to make us think. Either its a dream or she means something else. This episode was just a train wreck, it hurt to watch.

BTW does Yana actually know his past yet?
Mar 7, 2014 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
Wow this was the first ep I've seen of this that makes me want to see the next one.
Mar 7, 2014 6:05 PM
Dec 2013
This is one of my favorite and i swear to god, if the ending sucks(Banri-Linda or Banri Single), I quit watching anime
Mar 7, 2014 6:37 PM
Mar 2014
Pretty sure it's either Koko is planning something or she really broke it off to avoid hurting Banri or herself anymore. Though I have a feeling she's thinking of something. There's no way she would just break it off for real after spending that much time with him, so yeah not all that worried.
Mar 7, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
bigzzcobzz said:
This ending made my left eye cry :( (yeah, only my left eye)

ecimir said:

That's why you don't understand it. If you had amnesia or any shit like that, losing your present memories for you would be like dying, cuz you wouldn't know anyone, you had no one who you could ask for help, you had NOTHING, yeah NOTHING, you wouldn't even know who the fuck you were before. You wouldn't who was your girlfriend, your parents, your friends... Can you imagine that? Not having memories means you have no present, it would make you feel like a big baby that had recently born and didn't know anything about the world... That would be fucking scary for me and most of the people (thought, I bet there are people that would like to have this). Banri's past is not a trauma, he just wants to live the present that he created with time, and knowing that this present could vanish is scary for him.

This. That would be so much more scary than just living through a war or something - hes not scared that his past will come back, he's scared that when his past does come back, he'll lose his present. He'll lose who he is and go back to who he was before he lost his memories. That's what he's scared of - that this is happening and there's nothing, nothing he can do about it. He can't go to someone for help - he can't run away from it. He's slowly losing who he is and there's nothing he can do about it. That's pretty fucking scary if you ask me - his present self would be dead, gone. He doesn't want to lose who he is now, what he has made in the last few years. That'd be the same as his present self dying.
Mar 7, 2014 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
according this series, if you had amnesia, you should start thinking about yourself as of guest in the other's body, ran from your past and be afraid to remember it, because for whatever what reason if you remember, then previous body owner come back and you'll dissapear. or, this guy besides amnesia has serious mental issue.
Mar 7, 2014 7:52 PM
Oct 2012
fezzy_2004 said:
what the heck is going on she was just so sweet to him the previous night then that ????? like WTF is going on????

that cant be real .....no its not like he can just be like ..."oh well guess ill go back to linda" right ???

Highly agree. Only a complete idiot would think of wasting a whole 15~ episodes of progression between Koko and Tada to just throw it all away in 1 second without even a hint that they would throw it away in the first place...

ALSO, Tada and Koko are perfect match :3
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.