Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 3, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2011
This episode actually had me on the edge of my seat! The fight with Gekkou was pretty good, now to wait for the ass-kicking to be reversed.
Apr 6, 2014 5:23 AM

Jul 2009
It's kinda a shame that Isoshima never uses her power, I wish the girls were more like Momoka...even Mui who used to fight a lot, after her brother came back she is all "weak"
Apr 17, 2014 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that deserves the praise, if it were not for the poverty of the study Madhouse that makes it so bad on a technical level the episode.
Plot that suffers from mood swings, nothing to bets and wagers and inprovviso in a single, anything goes, and more; not bad though.
Narration irritating sometimes, Takeshi slept instead of training? The reactions then him at the beginning of the unrest in the school seemed so stupid.
Design and animation really mediocre.
A real shame ...
Jun 16, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
Isoshima has to be one of the most useless characters I've ever seen!

I hate Gekkou but watching him beat the shit out of Takeshi was enjoyable. Hopefully now he'll stop acting like a coward.
Jun 26, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
See... what did I fucking tell you. This school is not a great place to bring your little sister!

Dumbass! You. Are. A. DUMBASS!

I do, however, love the headmistress' reaction to seeing Violet.

"Sigh... you're fired."

Alright, that was pretty awesome.

But it's brought down by Gekkou's shitty motives. Seriously, you've lost nothing. All you got was a big scar on you leg that you can easily conceale. And flip everything around? It was you're fucking fault! Because you misunderstood the situation and acted irrationally! He's no villain (at least not a good one), he's just a whiney little prick, and now he's gonna kill his mother? Fuck off.

And you know, the ED sequence really is too good for this anime. I've even kinda made up my own anime based on it about two girls who are at war with each other in a post apocalyptic city.
Sep 2, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
Gekkou is so insane wooooooooooooooooooo

I love insane characters. Best episode of the anime so far.
Sep 5, 2014 6:22 PM

Aug 2014
I just can't get myself to hate Gekkou X.X Since I kinda hate Takeshi, well it seems the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

"Takeshi can't stand it unless everything belongs to him" Well, that seems about right.

Momoka swinging around that huge sword like it was nothing, so cute <3 :D
Jan 4, 2015 1:54 PM

Dec 2014
Best episode so far. Enjoyed watching Gekkou's brutal victory over Takeshi while having Isoshima witnessing all of this.

fubuki211 said:
"Takeshi can't stand it unless everything belongs to him" Well, that seems about right.

QFT.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 24, 2015 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
The headmaster's fight was alright. Still so below average though.
Jun 12, 2015 6:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Skyguardian said:
Okay let's make this quick...
Things I liked:
Gekkous power. It looked really cool and those wings!
Kurumi kissing the idiot.

Things I loathed:
Gekkou. What an annoying character... No reason, just pure yandere behaviour. Annoying like no tomorrow.
Miu. She is only good if she doesn't speak.
Takeshi. Can you get more pathetic as a main character? Acting all high and mighty and getting trashed that fast.
Pendragon attacking out of nowhere. Not only did two or three months just pass like that, they just attacked and killed innocent students. Way to go.
The principal acting all high and mighty just to be defeated by another trailer... <.<
The pacing. I'm not kidding. How can you destroy a story like that?

I feel you so much there... I enjoy the setting, and while I dont care for the MC, the heroines are enjoyable, they are not that annoying plus they are cute, but they are your average heroine type. The pacing, had problems with while months being skipped, but dont it all catchs up. Gekkou has a character is SOO FUCKING ANNOYING!! We have no contexr for his actions, so the whole "I will stole everything from him"blabla, only makes him being more annoying. I dont know if it is also lacking on the original material, but he fails has a villain character, so bad, such an obnoxious asshole!
Jun 21, 2015 10:08 PM

Feb 2013
Well it looks like shit went down this episode. The school was attacked unexpectedly. Gekkou seems to have won that match way too easily. Doesn't Takeshi have like a whole year of experience ahead of him? Looks like he took Isoshima with him. What an asshole Gekkou is.
Jul 30, 2015 5:43 PM

May 2012
Intense episode! Really impressive development if you ask me! But it's actually quite sad with the whole brother battle, and then that ending with that future sight of his mother and what not! Either way I like where this is going so I do wonder what will happen next.
Sep 4, 2015 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
Can Kurumi do anything? She's so useless. Gekkou may even be worse. What an awful character.

I'd rather have this show be Wizard Brace vs Ghost Trailer. Takeshi and his group would be in the middle. Get rid of this love triangle crap.
Jan 23, 2016 12:51 AM

Dec 2012
Gekkou whoop dat ass. He must have been training in secret because Takeshi struggled like a motherfucker.

Dat Kurumi x Takeshi kiss then turn into Kurumi form of Takeshi x Takeshi kiss for yaoi fans.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 23, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
Yet again another painful episode to watch.

- Despite Momoka saying at the beginning that the Trailers won't attack the Academy, it seems fairly easy to invade it considering that the enemies have also breached their walls during the Exam episode.
- That's what you get Ida for being irresponsible with your actions and carelessly turning your little sister into a magician and enrolling her into a school that trains magicians for war. Now that your sanctuary has been invaded, if anything happens to your sister, you only have yourself to blame for that.
- Momoka doesn't act surprised at all over Violet-sensei's betrayal. It's as if she knew it all along.
- Aaaand she got OHKO-ed by Violet. Anti-climatic just as Violet said.
- Mui's character is reduced to only revolve around her Nii-san.
- Takeshi already knew from his nightmares that Gekkou was a backstabbing bitch yet here we are.
- This anime just shamelessly falls into your typical anime fight. The enemy utters some long ass incantation and what does our heroes do? Stand there and wait for their opponent to finish their spell. They literally just do nothing about it and it's utterly exasperating screaming in my mind that they had to at least interrupt their enemy before shit gets real but no, they had to patiently wait and get the their asses beaten the shit out of it.
- Power level is too damn confusing. Takeshi's still too weak for someone who's been in the Academy for two semesters training his magic intensively and got hilariously overpowered quickly by his brother who only became a magician recently.
- One thing that truly infuriates me with this anime is the fact that they didn't make Kurumi a fighter-type magician like the rest of the cast. She has been a useless damsel in distress the entire time who only serves to fuel Gekkou's childish jealousy towards his brother over a worthless woman.

Also... Takeshi! Takeshi! Takeshi! Takeshi! Takeshi! Takeshi! Takeshi! Shut up bitch.

- And Gekkou continues to be a whiny obnoxious bitch. God, make it stop.
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Mar 2020
Well, for a 2014 anime, I should have expected it. Yeah, you see this story, he gives you the basic rules and then decides to talk shit, going against his own rules. The man isn't supposed to see the future a little bit so even if he goes fast, he should still be able to react and I know how it's going to end he's going to use his power in a totally normal way and he's going to be able to beat the classic shonen xD
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

158 by rezasaputra27 »»
Feb 17, 2021 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.