Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 5, 2009 3:58 AM

Jun 2008
Hool said:
For the first time, I liked the Alice, I felt sorry for her mainly because of the comment of the blonde girl and useless, of their village, that Alice has always supported, I hate that girl -.-
I think this would have been a good episode for the first kiss between Alice and Welkin =x
Selvaria is sentimental oO I hope she has more power to confront Alice. Selvaria the best Valkyria ;~~

What kind of subs are you watching? Her name is Alicia. Not Alice.
Sep 5, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Hool said:
For the first time, I liked the Alice, I felt sorry for her mainly because of the comment of the blonde girl and useless, of their village, that Alice has always supported, I hate that girl -.-
I think this would have been a good episode for the first kiss between Alice and Welkin =x
Selvaria is sentimental oO I hope she has more power to confront Alice. Selvaria the best Valkyria ;~~

What kind of subs are you watching? Her name is Alicia. Not Alice.

I was going to say the same, but I decided not to do that : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 5, 2009 9:03 AM

May 2008
Stubborn Alicia DX She's doing EXACTLY what Welkin did now. Trying to change the way she is and act differently towards everyone. She's no better. And she was the one telling Welkin all that stuff, and then she goes and pulls this ._. Lovely.

Sep 5, 2009 8:26 PM

Aug 2008
akuma2002 said:
So they assumed Alicia was in the research factory with Selveria ? Nice idea, but no real proof behind that...

I skipped ahead to watch this scene and I was really disappointed with this link. Seems like a bad assumption and a clumsy attempt to try to emotionally connect Selveria and Alicia.

Not really specific enough to be a spoiler, but a slightly different game interpretation...
Sep 6, 2009 1:44 AM

Jun 2008
shinkeikaku said:
akuma2002 said:
So they assumed Alicia was in the research factory with Selveria ? Nice idea, but no real proof behind that...

I skipped ahead to watch this scene and I was really disappointed with this link. Seems like a bad assumption and a clumsy attempt to try to emotionally connect Selveria and Alicia.

Not really specific enough to be a spoiler, but a slightly different game interpretation...

They don't have to assume anything. If they made it like that then that's the way it is. You people must stop expecting them to follow by heart everything in the game. It's there story now, if they want to make Welkin shooting laser beams from his eyes then that's what it is. Ether you like the anime or you don't but don't dislike it just because is not exactly the same as the game.
If it was a manga or a novel where details and staff are described by the author very carefully to make a wonderful story then it's logical for people to want anime based on them to be faithful(still if the anime is good they should at least recognize that, even if it's not faithful).
But games never were exactly that much great in telling stories. If i was an anime creator i would probably change game stories with my shit every single time trying to make them better while i will probably never do it for novels or manga except from very very small details.
Sep 6, 2009 1:49 AM
Aug 2008
For a lack of a better word....and explanation.....

This episode sucked. This anime sucks.

This is all just getting old an annoying really fast. Honestly its not that hard to say the right thing to her but whatever drag the show out with stupid drama and just ugh.

I really hate the show now. But Im this far in might as well finish it.
Sep 6, 2009 9:22 AM

Aug 2008
Monad said:

They don't have to assume anything. If they made it like that then that's the way it is. You people must stop expecting them to follow by heart everything in the game. It's there story now, if they want to make Welkin shooting laser beams from his eyes then that's what it is. Ether you like the anime or you don't but don't dislike it just because is not exactly the same as the game.
If it was a manga or a novel where details and staff are described by the author very carefully to make a wonderful story then it's logical for people to want anime based on them to be faithful(still if the anime is good they should at least recognize that, even if it's not faithful).
But games never were exactly that much great in telling stories. If i was an anime creator i would probably change game stories with my shit every single time trying to make them better while i will probably never do it for novels or manga except from very very small details.

So I'm guessing you didn't read it? I'm saying it sucks because it's worse than the original story. Changes are fine and necessary at times, but yeah.. I'm not going to like it if it makes the product worse. It's such a tired old anime crutch too.. two enemies that used to know each other in childhood, shared a moment, and now are facing off! Ooh! The game did tell the story better in this part.
Sep 6, 2009 9:27 AM

Jul 2009
Please don't compare between the anime and the game
Sep 6, 2009 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
"Please" get over it. It is based off a game, after all. Not like it's not mentioned in other threads.
Sep 6, 2009 11:36 AM

May 2008
It seems to me that Alicia's breasts have awakened too.
Sep 6, 2009 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
canephalanx said:

They did?: o
And on a side-note, and not really related to this episode, just confirming what I saw long ago in a previous episode thread: Selveria has smaller boobs in the game than in the anime O.o Although that's not really unexpected : o (And yeah I started playning the game recently : D)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 6, 2009 10:01 PM

May 2008
Oosran said:
canephalanx said:

And on a side-note, and not really related to this episode, just confirming what I saw long ago in a previous episode thread: Selveria has smaller boobs in the game than in the anime O.o Although that's not really unexpected : o (And yeah I started playning the game recently : D)

Its definitely larger compared to the past 20 episodes or so. rofl.
Sep 6, 2009 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
canephalanx said:
Oosran said:
canephalanx said:

Its definitely larger compared to the past 20 episodes or so. rofl.

K, gotta be more observing in the next episode then, just to see if it's true xD.
Sep 6, 2009 10:58 PM

May 2009
Guh. It was okay, but they ruined one of my favorite parts in the story.

Oh well, here's hoping they at least keep one of the most beautiful scenes coming up soon.

Sep 6, 2009 11:45 PM

Feb 2009
Okay I learned something today. When you're in a research facility with other uberpowered orphans, never give bread to the girl next to you if she doesn't have any. That way she'll starve, fall off the stairs for being too hungry, break her neck and die, and you won't meet her on the battlefield and get pwned because she ate one more piece of bread than you.

Is it me or does Gallia's technology seem more advanced before than now?

Squad 7 is full of bitches. Not surprising considering it's the worst roster ever in the game, except for Marina. That's probably why she's the only one, other than the officers, that didn't spit shit.

The episode itself was pretty boring. I guess 3 exciting episodes in a row is just too much.
Sep 7, 2009 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
Alexstratz said:
Squad 7 is full of bitches. Not surprising considering it's the worst roster ever in the game, except for Marina.

True xD Almost, there's one or two more that are quite good in the game : p
Sep 7, 2009 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
*sigh*
As others already mentioned, this episode felt predictable, full of chliche and contrived.

Fortunately there is still the character Faldio. For me he is the actual hero of the show. And as in real life people often dont get what they deserve.
If he wouldnt have acted like he did, they would have died alltogether already. But maybe thats what Welkin would have prefered:

Dying together heroically > Alicia leaving the squad
Laughable. ;P
Sep 8, 2009 8:49 PM
Feb 2009
w0w almost cried T_T on this ep
Sep 9, 2009 6:40 PM

May 2009
Poor Alicia...
Sep 10, 2009 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
Quite the sad story. The Alicia that I know is not a monster and is still in there. Damon is a douche.
Sep 10, 2009 5:48 AM

Jan 2009
yakyuu-addict said:
Damon is a douche.

^This
Sep 10, 2009 4:13 PM

Jun 2009
^ +1.
Sep 12, 2009 2:16 PM

Jul 2008
a sad ep about alicia leaving squad 7. when i first saw this anime i never thought that it would have this kind of development. always think it is the more cheerful one where nobody die. and what will happen to faldio? wonder if he will play a important role too.

Sep 14, 2009 8:19 PM

Jun 2007
Not bad ep... now if Damon could drop dead or be maimed for life..
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sep 17, 2009 12:14 AM

Aug 2009
its such a nice sad episode ..
feel so sad for Alicia ..
called as monster by her comrades ..

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 17, 2009 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
wow alicia without squad 7 thats depressing, only being thought of as a weapon, so sad
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 20, 2009 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
Season 2! :D

Oct 4, 2009 8:31 PM

Apr 2009

i agree with absolutely EVERYTHING you have just said... although the anime is still epic in my eyes =P
Oct 6, 2009 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
Sad episode, Alicia must feel so betrayed. :(
Dec 4, 2009 5:30 PM

Apr 2009
What the ?? Faldio saved them all. U guys should just punch yourselfs and Welkin should've go after Alicia.
Dec 20, 2009 3:18 PM

Jul 2007
Part of me feels bad that I prefer Faldio now he's a broken man but the other part of me is just glad he's less annoying.

Welkin is a wet as usual. Just confess to alicia already dammit!
Feb 25, 2010 12:21 PM

Nov 2008
Stupid damon and stupid regulars,i hope alicia kill all the stupid corrupted regulars dogs.
Mar 10, 2010 2:41 AM

Mar 2007
Shower Scene FTW :P

LOLI ALICIA and SELVARIA FTW!!!!111!!1!

BTW this outcome is way more believable than the game. I still don't completely understand how he got the sword and shield in the game, butt his makes complete sense. And i love these rediculous tank designs that just look so impractical.

I have a feeling she wanted him to go after her even though she said stay away. Typical girl saying one thing expecting something else.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 26, 2010 3:38 AM

Feb 2010
WHAT ?!? our tank got blown up. BIGGER. Get a BIGGER TANK !!!!!!1111one...

also. Welkin finally grew some balls, but it was too late. Poor Alicea seeing herself as a monster and an outcast from her "family". :(
TasolthApr 26, 2010 3:51 AM
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
May 2, 2010 4:16 PM
Mar 2010
very good episode, there is no doubt!!! any Alicia's expressions are great!!! like that she says:"I'm a monster!".... oh welkin seems more resolute now... I like this version XD
Jul 15, 2010 1:25 AM

Sep 2008
This was such a sad and painful episode. ): I feel so bad for Alicia... Having her squad saying those things... Ugh.

Alicia taking off her bandana and calling herself a monster with that frozen expression was also really powerful. D: D: I hope things still manage to turn out well...
Sep 13, 2010 11:52 PM

Aug 2010
I love the part when Welkin asked Faldio why he did what he did. Faldio wasn't even sure of which outrageous thing Welkin was referring to.
Sep 14, 2010 3:35 AM
Jul 2009
I don't think a real general would act so retarded. He's just too goofy to be taken seriously.
Oct 17, 2010 4:08 PM
Mar 2010
So Alicia leaves Squad 7, the moment with her and Welkin was really well done. Maybe Welkin should have used the 'i love you' line but i'm guessing he'll do that soon, or at least i hope he does rather than just leave it open ended.
Again what i love about this series is that it isn't all happy parts, the return of Alicia would be difficult and i liked this ep ^^
Jun 13, 2011 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
So that's why Selvaria had a flashback of Alicia last episode since they really meet each other before. Ahh Alicia you got it bad... :(

Curious what the hell is the "Fantastic Beast", an even bigger tank than the Batomys?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 10, 2011 3:29 AM

Apr 2009
Great, just what we need, more melodrama. I'm surprised at the attitude of her squad mates, I expected them to cheer and be proud of knowing and having such a powerful comrade who might just singlehandedly win the war. I even wanted to see them boast about being her comrades. Squad 7, I am deeply disappointed. Alicia too, embracing the very lies that she heard about her.

Even so, what I just really couldn't stand was, that fraud of a general, Damon, is still alive and throwing his weight around. Someone really needs to put that lowlife where he belongs, six feet under preferably, as he's complete and utter scum and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He'd better not still be in charge by the time this series ends or it'll affect the final score I'll give this show.
Jan 11, 2013 1:31 PM

Jan 2012
I wonder, what would've everyone done if they were Faldio? Would they face total annihilation including the death of his squad, the army, the fall of Galia, and his loved one Alicia?

To me, it seems that people are avoiding the fact that what Faldio did was completely logical and he saved everyone, BUT himself and his squad. Welkin is my favorite character hands down in terms of male characters (in fact I hate Faldio's atittude), but what Faldio did was right.
Oct 16, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
It's one thing to be scared of her it's another to shun her completely :(
Mar 14, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2011
a Sergeant can become a Captain? wtf maybe I'm missing something here lol
Aug 11, 2015 6:04 AM

Oct 2012
Stupid Alicia, I really prefer Alicia in game now
I mean come on! She isn't that easy to be manipulate!!
"Signature removed"
Sep 6, 2015 11:03 PM

Dec 2013
noteDhero said:
What a horrible episode.
The story just turned so dishearteningly contrived that I'm speechless.
Suzie and the runts should be especially ashamed of themselves.
Terrible.

This is what i was thinking. Particularly the part where the squad suddenly acted like the only Alicia they knew was the one man army Valkyrur Alicia. Not only should the characters be both embarrassed and ashamed of their behavior, but so should the writer(s) who wrote that stupid shit. This is a girl that they have supposedly spent 6+ months fighting side by side with. Even longer with Suzie.

What a terribly contrived episode (much like the rest of this series). I sat through a majority of the episode while face palming.

As a side note. I'm still waiting an General Lard ass to kick the bucket. This guy is a shining example of military incompetence, and I'm surprised that he hasn't been relieved of duty after his first battle shown earlier in the series.
Kuro_YuukiSep 6, 2015 11:16 PM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Apr 29, 2016 10:10 PM

Mar 2014
It is good when they awakened but the fact that they forcibly awakened it .
The Mixed feelings .. in the atmosphere .
The State of confusion and momentum .
Twin-tails .. as usual the top brass are full of bastards .. can't help that though .
Great episode . Alicia , you're definitely not the one they're referring to !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2014
This was a bit more disappointing than I thought it would be. Chiefly, it is an immense disservice for Squad 7 to instantly lose their trust in Alicia, one of them going as far to call her "scary". After all the hardships they've had to endure together, not only is it dumb, but simply illogical to toss their most trustworthy comrade to the wayside. It was also what ultimately prompted Alicia to accept her transfer to the army.

At least they expounded a bit on Alica's background regarding her bloodline, and it made Selavria's flashback from her 1v1 with Alicia make sense. The fact Alicia's one of the Valkyur isn't too flagrant of an asspull, and I appreciate that.

The final confrontation between her and Welkin was pretty sweet though, considering the obvious "symbolism" of her taking off her bakery ribbon thing. Seems as if Alicia has really come to terms with this new image of her's... ah for all we know she'll be back; only 4 episodes left, and how could those events transpire without our precious main heroine?
KatoBytesMay 22, 2016 8:06 PM
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Apr 25, 2020 5:02 AM

Mar 2019
Wow, things are quite different from the game. It's not a bad thing, it's more realistic this way.

Seems like the anime makes Alicia one of the children from the Valkyrur research faciliity, together with Selvaria. To be honest both of them are pretty cute. It's a potential to create Alicia x Selvaria relationship.

Since Damon was present in the battlefield, Alicia got special "treatment" from Damon. Just as expected from the pig he is.

The other members of the squad 7 were confused as well, and Alicia overheard them, thinking that she had lost her comrades' trust.

A little disappointment was that Welkin being so insensitive towards Faldio. It's okay to unleash his pent up anger to Faldio, had the situation as peaceful as the one in the game, but Faldio was just out of hell, watching his comrades got wiped out before his eyes. The least he could do was leave Faldio alone. Poor Faldio, the anime kept doing horrible things to you.
Apr 3, 2022 10:43 AM

Apr 2020
argilium said:
i kinda predicted what was going to happen at every scene in this episode and i can't help but be angry at what's happening before it even happened.. because the episode was about the a cliched event that i personally hate so much but feel that it should be there (sudden discovery of monster-like abilities, get thrown out by some friends, then when somebody consolidates, refuses and become a moster, and run away)..

but throwing my feelings aside, this is a nice sad episode..
hope it won't be a rush ending.. i like how this anime is going so far..

I agree with this 90%
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.