Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
As for me im getting sick and tired this pointless fan service, filler with no plot or story what so ever. There are only 2 episodes I enjoyed and that was the one were Haruko lost her memory and the one with Takeru and Aki.

To Love-Ru may have a but load of fan service, but at least it stays faithful to the source material and has plot.

P.S. I will watch the rest of the 2nd season, but it better do something good at the end or im giving a low rating.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2010
I like it better. They shouldn't attempt a story because it's shitty anyways. At least now we get some curvy women ecchi scenes.
Mar 5, 2014 2:58 PM

Feb 2008
If you had asked me before episode 8, I would have said I was fine with it. But episode 8 was so bad that it gives me serious second thoughts.
Mar 5, 2014 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
Episode 8 was better than anything S1 did.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 5, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
At least this episode was better than the last two.
Mar 5, 2014 5:29 PM
Mar 2012
As much as I enjoy fanservice, I must admit the second season is getting pretty ridiculous with it. They should have just adapted the manga series because to be honest, it actually gets really good later on with a great plot.
Mar 5, 2014 6:32 PM

Nov 2008
alexpte said:
As much as I enjoy fanservice, I must admit the second season is getting pretty ridiculous with it. They should have just adapted the manga series because to be honest, it actually gets really good later on with a great plot.
I so agree.
Mar 5, 2014 9:00 PM

Sep 2013
Knows it's heavy ecchi no plot, still complains - typical.
Mar 6, 2014 12:14 AM

Mar 2013
Why would you ruin this with plot? That's what was wrong with the first series! The fanservice and jokes in this show are great, so they took the great stuff and made it the whole show. Not every anime needs a fucking plot twist filled dramatic plot, jesus christ.
Mar 6, 2014 8:01 AM

Sep 2009
This is soo much better in the manga. There is 2 brilliant arc they could have done including the Venus arc and the Yamato Takaru arc. both are epic (for the series at least) fighting storyline that make a whole pile of sense and use Service with it.

This series is a insult to the franchise. Even the second ova had stuff from the manga and that had more service then this.
Mar 6, 2014 8:09 AM

Jan 2009
Im not one for only ecchi, but Ecchi + comedy = win, for me. I just hate when ecchi's try to have a story (besides To love-ru) they just flat out suck. But I do wish there was some form of fighting Don't really care how, but atleast use your powers. I mean it's what the entire show is based around.

Everyone might aswell go home if they aren't ever going to use their powers.
Mar 6, 2014 1:45 PM
Jan 2012
I think the biggest reason why they wont adapt the manga is simple, the yamato arc is technically relatively short and so maybe difficult to adapt without disapointment and proper ending which will just lead to crappy AOEs and may also need retcon. they wont take the risk of fuckin up the story through adaptation so they will take the easy route.

i persinally am fine with it, i expected this to be not serious and this provide a good comedic relief, which is wat i think they want to do. the manga had lots of comedy and this could be just a way for the author to show all the jokes he coulcdnt make in the manga
Mar 8, 2014 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
1)this season has no story
2)show dont has a good ecchi enough to entertain you
3)it is censored(unlike highschool DxD example)
4)No comedy,No action,nothing to set you free of your boredom

and they had the chance of using one of the two good arcs from manga....i dont know what hey are trying to do...they give no reason for an ordinary person to watch this crap
Mar 10, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
I'm considering dropping it. I've been on episode 5 because I have absolutely no motivation to watch the next episode.
Mar 10, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2014
i will finish the season because i want to see how worse an anime can get
LoneWizzyMar 11, 2014 5:48 PM
Mar 12, 2014 7:39 AM
Oct 2012
only reason I'm still on it is because I've watched 8 and i might as well finish. i don't remember much about the first season but i do know it was not garbage like this. I'm sorry producer but this was a huge waste of money.
Mar 12, 2014 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
jaxjaxk said:
only reason I'm still on it is because I've watched 8 and i might as well finish. i don't remember much about the first season but i do know it was not garbage like this. I'm sorry producer but this was a huge waste of money.
Exactly
Mar 16, 2014 7:59 AM

Sep 2009
jaxjaxk said:

agreed. ruin a perfectly good manga with this shit.

granted the franchise is all about the service but at least the manga has some of the most intense and heartbreaking storylines to date.
Mar 16, 2014 10:28 PM

Mar 2011
while I agree to the fact that this second season is kinda a letdown (i expected more from based XEBEC, some of the episodes are Rio: Rainbow Gate-tier with the script), i can't help but be amused by reading people that complain about the lack of plot in this. what part of Maken-ki's plot is that inspiring, original and great to follow for you to want it at all costs? we're talking about an author that can't even make decent doujinshi, guys.

also, just lol @ the OP for saying that To Love-Ru has a plot. if you really think that what's going on in Darkness isn't only an excuse to show tits and asses as usual, I might have bad news for you.
Mar 17, 2014 9:14 AM

Feb 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
I like it better. They shouldn't attempt a story because it's shitty anyways. At least now we get some curvy women ecchi scenes.
Pretty much this. Not everything needs a damn plot.
Mar 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
morshuwarrior said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you are utterly wrong,why do you think MAL reviews has a vote section named "Story" all anime needs a story(even it is a shitty one) unless it is a hentai...even some hentai has better story than this...
Mar 19, 2014 8:54 AM

Jan 2014
Season 1 was 100 times better then season 2,they schould called this an OVA and season 2 to have a story.Thats the problem about echii animes it needs a story so it will have better chances for a next season just look at High school DxD it has an awsome story and its preaty damn echii.
Mar 19, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
LonelyWizard said:
morshuwarrior said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you are utterly wrong,why do you think MAL reviews has a vote section named "Story" all anime needs a story(even it is a shitty one) unless it is a hentai...even some hentai has better story than this...
Nope, I'm always right. Well lets say a shitty overarching story. Each episode has a little self contained story and that's fine. But the overarching story is shit so they shouldn't push it.

And this anime has better girls and art than a lot of hentai.
Mar 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
IntroverTurtle said:

And this anime has better girls and art than a lot of hentai.

no objections to that,you are right... still it is not an hentai and the show needs a plot or it gets 6.77 score on MAL(even to love-ru season one had a better story than this,which may be the biggest insult regarding to this)...and one thing if you dont try you cant achieve anything,you cant just say that the story may be shitty so f**k the story lets make an anime without a story...

MrEpicMichael said:
Season 1 was 100 times better then season 2,they schould called this an OVA and season 2 to have a story.Thats the problem about echii animes it needs a story so it will have better chances for a next season just look at High school DxD it has an awsome story and its preaty damn echii.

yea the producers has a lot of things to learn from Highschool DxD and its not just the boobs(which we learnt after maken-ki two)
LoneWizzyMar 19, 2014 9:22 AM
Mar 19, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2010
LonelyWizard said:
and one thing if you dont try you cant achieve anything,you cant just say that the story may be shitty so f**k the story lets make an anime without a story...
Yes I can. I'd rather have and would rate higher a good mindless full ecchi rather than some ecchi and a sucky story.
Mar 19, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
its a good thing that majority on MAL think different than you....
Mar 19, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2010
The thing is they don't, that's why TLR Darkness is rated so high and there's no ecchi with a crappy story rated high.
Mar 19, 2014 6:38 PM

Jan 2014
i still dont get what your point is...why are you starting conversation with the assumption the story MUST be crappy %100 thats why there shouldnt be any story at all...are you simply saying there is no ecchi with good story?
Mar 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2013
its ok but i was hoping for it to be close to the manga
Mar 20, 2014 2:44 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't even realise this was a sequel...
Mar 20, 2014 3:55 AM

Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

The thing is the manga actually got an interesting plot with some epic fighting scene with Takeru going all badass.
Making this season a fanservice festival is an insult to the manga.
Mar 20, 2014 8:33 AM

Nov 2010
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:

The thing is the manga actually got an interesting plot with some epic fighting scene with Takeru going all badass.
Did you consider the first season as having an interesting plot?
Mar 20, 2014 8:36 AM

Nov 2012
Dropped this after the second episode.
Mar 20, 2014 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:

right word is not "interesting",maybe "bearable" or "promising"...there was a plot with a promise that takeru will get his maken and start fighting or something like that...and i dont remember falling asleep watching 1st season...i hoped that 2nd season would add to the story and be an average anime...didnt expect this shit
Mar 20, 2014 11:20 AM

Mar 2013
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Manga =/= anime. You can't just adapt the majority of mangas straight because it's a different media, exact same as how movies aren't exact adaptations of books. Even if they *had* adapted the manga's story for this season, the story/layout would've been changed regardless and you'd still be complaining. You may as well just enjoy the show for what it is (which is an anime, not just an animated manga) instead of nitpicking or you're never going to like the majority of manga-sourced anime.

Actually, why do you care about plot in Maken Ki anyway? It's hard ecchi - I'm here for boobs. If you want plot and fighting, watch an action anime.
Mar 20, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2014
straggy said:
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Manga =/= anime. You can't just adapt the majority of mangas straight because it's a different media, exact same as how movies aren't exact adaptations of books. Even if they *had* adapted the manga's story for this season, the story/layout would've been changed regardless and you'd still be complaining. You may as well just enjoy the show for what it is (which is an anime, not just an animated manga) instead of nitpicking or you're never going to like the majority of manga-sourced anime.

Actually, why do you care about plot in Maken Ki anyway? It's hard ecchi - I'm here for boobs. If you want plot and fighting, watch an action anime.

if this was a brand new anime you would be right but this is a 2nd season and people tend to compare it with season 1 and they see that season 1 was so much better in more than many ways....and another thing,did you watch any shaft anime,nisekoi as example...they made nisekoi just like the manga so its not that hard to make a anime as good as manga
Mar 21, 2014 12:44 AM

Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Of course no. And it was the same with the manga. The first part was a fanservice festival.
But the manga greatly changed after that. Why didn't the anime follow the same way ?
Mar 21, 2014 3:11 AM

Mar 2013
LonelyWizard said:
straggy said:
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:

if this was a brand new anime you would be right but this is a 2nd season and people tend to compare it with season 1 and they see that season 1 was so much better in more than many ways....and another thing,did you watch any shaft anime,nisekoi as example...they made nisekoi just like the manga so its not that hard to make a anime as good as manga

Because season 1's best aspect was its comedy and its ecchi. The plot dragged it down, as a lot of the reviews say. I don't even remember the last episode because the plot was that uninteresting. When they make a second season of something, they're expected to improve - they saw that plot was being ill-received, so they concentrated on the comedy and ecchi that people liked instead. It's not that hard.

Yeah, I know, I've seen more Shaft than you have. The thing here is that Shaft don't adapt pure ecchi - the most ecchi thing they did really was Dance in the Vampire Bund, which is a really plot heavy thing right from the start. It's hardly comparable to a series that had a first season that had about 2 plot points that weren't located on a girl's chest. Not all mangas are the same either - some mangas like Sakamichi No Apollon are easy to just adapt straight to anime but others, like Berserk, need to be edited and cut to fit in.
Mar 21, 2014 3:50 AM

Jan 2014
ok,everyone i admit defeat making ecchi enthusiats angry wont make any good for me :I...i dont and wont understand the concept of "pure ecchi" i mean i like boobs but watching some random boobs doing random sexy things is not my thing,even when i watch ecchi i dont watch it for "pure ecchi"(world would be a much better place if all anime had ecchi element in it,instead of grouping:ecchi-and others)...so without understanding that feeling i cant defy you...

(@ straggy i never said i watched more shaft anime than anyone,i just like their style...and as you can see i started watching more and more of their works)

one more thing when you give example you should go look their anime list and give an example they watched like i did.But what you did?you check every anime in my list to see how much shaft anime i watched then gave examples from 2 anime i didnt watch...dont be so greedy man
LoneWizzyMar 21, 2014 3:57 AM
Mar 21, 2014 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
The arguments saying this show doesn't need plot are ridiculous. Seriously just watch hentai. This is a TV show, TV SHOW PEOPLE! It needs to have a plot otherwise whats the point? I heard comedy be a reason, by comedy do you mean frantic yelling and beat downs because of a dumb MC and constant misunderstandings? Maybe that shit flew way back in Love Hina days but its incredibly stale now. It sure as hell doesn't have clever dialogue. Art? Nah, the arts substance is destroyed by ridiculous huge tits flopping around everywhere (having one loli character doesn't make up for it).

I liked the 1st season decent enough, not the biggest fan of fan service but im not against it. The plot wasn't anything special but necessary to not make you feel better like a complete degenerate. Haha just admit it lechers, you just watch this show to spank the monkey. Its sad that a show has to do this to sell in Japan. Damn you, perverted Japan. Ultra perversion destroys creativity. True story.
Mar 22, 2014 4:52 AM

Jan 2014
Dazedonthemoon said:

Seriously just watch hentai.

Dazedonthemoon said:
by comedy do you mean frantic yelling and beat downs because of a dumb MC and constant misunderstandings?

Dazedonthemoon said:
Art? Nah, the arts substance is destroyed by ridiculous huge tits flopping around everywhere

True story.
This,This and This
Mar 22, 2014 8:16 AM
Jul 2013
oh I was so much sick of this that I stopped watching after 2.25 episodes
Mar 22, 2014 9:42 AM

Nov 2010
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Arlia said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Of course no. And it was the same with the manga. The first part was a fanservice festival.
But the manga greatly changed after that. Why didn't the anime follow the same way ?
That changes things a little, idk if I would like how the story changes.
Maybe because they didn't think fans would see the story the same way you did.

Dazedonthemoon said:
The arguments saying this show doesn't need plot are ridiculous. Seriously just watch hentai. This is a TV show, TV SHOW PEOPLE! It needs to have a plot otherwise whats the point?
Even hentai have a plot and ecchi anime are tv shows. Light episodic story =/= continuous story. Nobody was saying that it shouldn't have a plot, just that it shouldn't go with the manga's continuous plot and instead focus more on an episodic ecchi comedy.
Mar 22, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Even hentai have a plot and ecchi anime are tv shows. Light episodic story =/= continuous story. Nobody was saying that it shouldn't have a plot, just that it shouldn't go with the manga's continuous plot and instead focus more on an episodic ecchi comedy.

there is just one problem with that:"this anime dont have any comedy" so it cant be an ecchi comedy
Mar 22, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2010
LonelyWizard said:
IntroverTurtle said:

there is just one problem with that:"this anime dont have any comedy" so it cant be an ecchi comedy
It does have some light comedy. And anyways what a weird thing to pick at, comedy is one word that you can just leave out and it would be the same thing. Just replace it with "light hearted stories and a heavy focus on ecchi" and it would be the same thing.
Mar 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2013
LonelyWizard said:
one more thing when you give example you should go look their anime list and give an example they watched like i did.But what you did?you check every anime in my list to see how much shaft anime i watched then gave examples from 2 anime i didnt watch...dont be so greedy man

lol I just gave examples from two mangas I've read and watched anime adaptations of. I didn't even check your whole list, I did a find search for animes I know are Shaft to see if you'd actually seen any besides Monogatari. You'd be surprised how many people act like Shaft masters when that's all they've seen. :/
Mar 22, 2014 12:03 PM

Jan 2014
straggy said:
LonelyWizard said:

lol I just gave examples from two mangas I've read and watched anime adaptations of. I didn't even check your whole list, I did a find search for animes I know are Shaft to see if you'd actually seen any besides Monogatari. You'd be surprised how many people act like Shaft masters when that's all they've seen. :/

its not quantum physics,its simple: among the all anime i watched lately the 2 of them had the best art for me : nisekoi,monogatari,so shaft is good and i must watch more anime they made was a simple logical approach for any sane person
+if you have time to check any shaft anime in my list you may spend 2 more seconds to check the anime you will speak of.speaking about an anime i have no idea wont help to back up your argument...
Mar 22, 2014 1:25 PM

Mar 2013
LonelyWizard said:
straggy said:
LonelyWizard said:

its not quantum physics,its simple: among the all anime i watched lately the 2 of them had the best art for me : nisekoi,monogatari,so shaft is good and i must watch more anime they made was a simple logical approach for any sane person
+if you have time to check any shaft anime in my list you may spend 2 more seconds to check the anime you will speak of.speaking about an anime i have no idea wont help to back up your argument...

I literally just said I was talking about animes I know the mangas of, I don't care if you've seen them. This isn't even important omg calm down.
Mar 22, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:

The crazyness of this statement baffles me. Saying that a show should drop the source material just to focus of perverted senselessness just shows how deep your depravity goes sir.
Mar 23, 2014 12:02 AM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

The crazyness of this statement baffles me. Saying that a show should drop the source material just to focus of perverted senselessness just shows how deep your depravity goes sir.
Yes if the source material is crap I'd rather see some good ecchi and lighthearted episodic stories. Especially from Maken ki, rarely do we get curvy lady ecchi. It's usually lolis and skinny high school girls.

And thank you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

36 by GoodAkuma »»
Yesterday, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

26 by Warriorofthor »»
May 28, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2014

37 by LAKool-AidGang »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

81 by Dhfuiffjkhfvv244 »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

52 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 8, 2022 4:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.