Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2014 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Healing magic huh? Now that can come in handy.

But seriously, these parasites trying to find human hosts are pissing me off now. I'm more interested int he Seven Sages this volume tbh. Seems like they are big shots of the world.

Lina's conversation with Miyuki during Valentine made me chuckle a little. In some ways, Miyuki probably does....[never mind]. I kinda feel sorry for Honoka though because she got rejected. I think she just move on since I doubt Tatsuya will ever be interested in her as a boyfriend.

I also did not know that parasites can take on the host of a machine like Pixie. Well, actually I think it was more of Honoka's thought waves when it was questioned by Tatsuya. Weird. I guess that means Honoka is still in love with Tatusya based on that conversation. The final chapter felt a little weak imo. I was also wondering where Lina went..
Mar 3, 2014 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
By healing magic... do you mean Tatsuya's regeneration or what? Cause that's been covered in Vol 7 already so you shouldn't be surprised about it. It's been a long time since I've read it anyway so forgive me if I'm mistaken.

About Honoka, Tatsuya only stated that he can't return her feelings in Vol 5. So Honoka asked if it's okay to keep loving him until she finds someones as an excuse which Tatsuya okay'ed it. Though her feelings only intensified since that day lol.

I also didn't remember which vol but it's stated that Honoka was a descendant of Elements' lineage. One of the Elements' popular trait, as I have taken from a wikia; "It was mentioned that they introduced a factor of 'absolute obedience' in their genes and so the descendants are excessively loyal, often to a person of the opposite gender, which may explain her attitude towards Tatsuya." :)

Mar 10, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2014

ROFL! Poor Honoka, her innermost desires were revealed by a harmless robot. (while being pinned down by erika and miyuki, lol, didnt expect miyuki to be this naughty).

As for Lina... Muspelheim vs Niflheim, amazing she can rival miyuki's magical power. too bad she cant win against tatsuya tho :P

Nice Valentine-locker scene btw.
"Though we strike at you from the shadows, do NOT think that we lack the courage to stand in the light." - Zeratul
Jun 5, 2017 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
This volume was okay. Lina and Miyuki's scene in the locker room was really funny. It must've been so embarasing for Honoka to be "exposed" like this in front of everyone, the last chapter also had a really interesting cliffhanger, and according to the author's afterword next volume will conclude this arc - Vol. score: 2.7/5.
Jul 24, 2017 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
Drunk Shizuku lol Tatsuya should praise her more......

That illustration of Miyuki and Lina... it was amusing seeing Honoka's reaction.

Poor Honoka. Her true feelings and innermost desires were revealed.

Interesting cliffhanger.

Dec 29, 2017 7:18 PM
Jan 2010
I'm not against having a 'rival' for Miyuki, but I don't think the author did a good job with Honoka. I think her friends have really done her an injustice. Rather than lead her on in what is obviously a lost cause, they should help her move on. But all we've seen is continual encouragement, even though no one seems to think it will ever go anywhere. I would try and find some better friends if I were her, or at least some more honest ones.

EasyGo-er said:

I also didn't remember which vol but it's stated that Honoka was a descendant of Elements' lineage. One of the Elements' popular trait, as I have taken from a wikia; "It was mentioned that they introduced a factor of 'absolute obedience' in their genes and so the descendants are excessively loyal, often to a person of the opposite gender, which may explain her attitude towards Tatsuya." :)

This is actually explained in the next volume, and it almost seems like the author made that up after some backlash against Honoka in this volume. It's like he thought, "how can I explain away this idiotic behavior? Oh I know, let's make up this new suspiciously specific genetic reason for her, then never mention it again. Sounds good to me!"

One thing I didn't quite under stand is, why did Tatsuya immediately give her a return gift? It mentions white day in passing right after, but isn't that when your supposed to give return gifts? Why give two return gifts?
Aug 13, 2020 11:18 AM
Jul 2019
Now with the Parasites out of the way (for now), Valentines, that was pretty fun.

Tatsuya is secretly building a harem without him knowing (Not really, I'm sure he's aware like usual). Gee I wonder why Mayumi is being treated as a kid by Tatsuya. She's so mad about his "terrible" personality that she created the bitterest chocolate you can make and even include Hattori. Not only that but she was so persistent at forcing Tatsuya to eat it. I hope she's satisfied now.

Honoka, I know you like him so much, to the point that you awakened a Parasite but why? Surely any normal person would move on but you, you're very stubborn. Sure it's great to be in love, but that love will be painful because you know he will never reciprocate. Whatever floats your boat Honoka.

I was laughing my ass of with Pixie. You really like him so much huh, Honoka? I wouldn't be surprised if you already did it with him in mind. Your passion is so strong that it affected someone and influenced them. I feel bad for her after Pixie revealed everything. It's basically a confession (Though she already did that).

So even Lina is starting to develop feelings for him. I'm not surprised as he is the god himself. But with that thought in mind, I wonder how you'll fight him? Speaking of fights, the last one was awesome. 5 on 1, with Naotsugu being support though I'm sure Tatsuya can take care of them. And the finale with Angie Sirius, I'm excited how this battle will play out.

And yes author, Lina is very cute.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 32 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 12, 2020

19 by StarZone1 »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 24 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 21, 2018

2 by StarZone1 »»
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 PM

» English translations

dadroo - Jan 26, 2023

2 by dadroo »»
Jan 26, 2023 2:36 AM

» [spoiler] Shiba Tatsuya & Miyuki

Syureria - Aug 25, 2020

16 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:52 AM

» Mahouka Koukou no Retoussei Volume 16 Discussion/Spoilers *major spoilers*

Lolcats1997 - Jul 13, 2015

17 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.