Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Heh, a beach vacation volume...I guess this would be more like a breather from the Nine Schools Tournament arc so far. Shizuku has her own beach? What?!

Well, the girls looks cute I guess. Erika already showed part of her figure earlier in the series. Eh, this volume felt ridiculous with cliches, almost on harem levels with the way some of the girls are asking Tatsuya requests or Miyuki grabbing on his arm while in a swimsuit.
Apr 9, 2014 4:12 PM
Mar 2009
A "side stories" volume.

Honoka finally confessed and got rejected quick. Shinkurou is a lolicon but his relationship with the Ichijou family was explained. Hanzou is not totally useless, but ends up helping a future antagonist. And the Student Council gets a new President in the form of the petite Azusa.

This volume though...this author must have a hard on whenever he writes in Miyuki's parts. Fucking 50% of one chapter is used up just to describe how Miyuki is, "the most beautiful thing to ever grace this sad, little planet and would make Aphrodite herself look like a washed up prostitute past her prime."
Seriously? Okay, we get it. Every male bar Tatsuya wants a piece of DAT ASS, but man, does he overdo it...

Tatsuya is most OP while Miyuki is most beautiful. Gee, that's some great development room you left there.
Jul 11, 2014 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
Well, that rejection by tatsuya sucked. It pretty much guarantees a miyuki x tatsuya ending unless hes gonna be a giant a-hole.
Jul 16, 2017 11:22 AM

Aug 2013
A volume of short stories.

A beach chapter where Shizuku's family have a villa and a private beach. Too bad Honoka got rejected. Wan't surprised though. So Tatsuya was involved in an 'accident' that effected his mental state.

My opinion of Morisaki slightly changed in this volume. But I still don't like that guy.

I was surprised to learn that Tomitsuka Hagane can also use Gram Demolition, though only through body contact.

Masaki and Shinkurou are still feeling the impact of losing to Tatsuya. Only if they knew his true identities.

Mayumi, Mari and Katsuto have been forming theories on the Shiba siblings identities. They are quite close, but not there yet.

Sep 8, 2017 4:39 AM
Apr 2009
I was actually surprised by the beach vacation story. The beach scene itself was dumb (as expected), but the two scenes at the end were handled quite excellently, imo.

Basically my impressions: beach vacation story was very good (mostly because of the end); Morisaki story was better than expected, and the revelation at the end was interesting; Amy story was good (it was cool to see Tomitsuka show up); Masaki/George story was very good; Tatsuya/Miyuki "memories" story was pretty bad -- only good part for me was the confrontation in the shopping plaza and when the police magicians appeared; Student Council elections story was mostly quite good, although a few of the scenes were kind of pointless.
zeeroidSep 10, 2017 1:34 PM
Aug 8, 2020 11:23 AM
Jul 2019
Kinda stupid for this to not be in the anime since this volume was fairly important to the story. Azusa became president but didn't the process of how it happened.

There's also Mayumi becoming a smart cookie. I was seriously mind-blown by the Extras and the secret behind their names. I didn't realize till now that Shiba was derived from Yotsuba, meaning Four Leaves for both of them while also the possibility of it being related to FLT. Even though she got it wrong, it's basically in the bag. She now knows that the siblings are related to the Yotsubas, for the wrong reason.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 32 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 12, 2020

19 by StarZone1 »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 24 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 21, 2018

2 by StarZone1 »»
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 PM

» English translations

dadroo - Jan 26, 2023

2 by dadroo »»
Jan 26, 2023 2:36 AM

» [spoiler] Shiba Tatsuya & Miyuki

Syureria - Aug 25, 2020

16 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:52 AM

» Mahouka Koukou no Retoussei Volume 16 Discussion/Spoilers *major spoilers*

Lolcats1997 - Jul 13, 2015

17 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.