Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 10, 2010 2:14 AM

Mar 2007
Nayah said:
Besides the horrid animation and the fact that Lelou..I meant Maximillian escaped that death trap of a tank, the episode was okay.

LOL did you notice that too?? ^

But finally get to see Alicia's sxy side. Interesting how they managed to procure the princess' sword and shield. Its a real shame the animation was soo low considering how important this episode was for the series. Even the OP has a higher animation quality. I thought she was gonna pwn everything in sight but that didn't happen, shame. Although, she does remind me alot like Nyu from Elfen Lied. Needs more nakedness tho.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 3, 2010 8:49 PM

Sep 2008
See, Mamiko Noto is like the most useful character in this battle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2010 3:11 PM
Mar 2010
Alicia's valkyria power.... mhmhm not bad.... I see a fast flashback with a kid girl....mhmhmh
Next episode I hope welkin return the punch Faldio.... ahahahah
Jul 12, 2010 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
Awwwwesome episode. I would have felt bad for Faldio at the point where he seemed to realise how Alicia felt about Welkin, but I couldn't really get over the fact that he sort of shot her so as to awaken to Valkyria in her... just so that he could get revenge... (At least, that's how it seemed to me.)

Anyways, it's getting exciting~ Alicia was almost too amazing with her mad Valkyria powers/skills~
Sep 13, 2010 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
Alicia hardly did anything beside defend. It was still an overwhelming loss. This episode wasn't very surprising either because the opening kind of gave it away.
Oct 15, 2010 2:57 PM
Mar 2010
Loved the action in this ep.
And someone got hit without dying! ( Largo), at least we don't have another death xD
Wonder what will happen to Falidio, i thought maybe he shot her from going a bit mental and then remembered her valkyria powers, guess we find out next ep...

Can't wait to see what happens!
Mar 25, 2011 6:46 PM

May 2010
How the hell did Maximillion and Largo survive? Stupid how Selveria was defeated, it made no sense at all
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 13, 2011 6:35 PM

Apr 2009
Confucius said:
How the hell did Maximillion and Largo survive? Stupid how Selveria was defeated, it made no sense at all

Maximillion and Largo's survival after those Valkyrian "WMD attacks" are nothing sort of a miracle for me as well.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 10, 2011 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
And so, our heroine walks in to turn the tide just in the nick of time. Now it's Welkin's turn to return the favor to Faldio. I see a punch, and maybe more coming his way to knock him back to his senses. Faldio used an ugly, crazy method (suddenly shooting Alicia in the back) to awaken Alicia's powers, but he did what had to be done and only he knew how to do it.

It's nice knowing he isn't completely off his rocker yet, but now he's likely gonna have to face the music for the way he did things, especially with scumbags like Damon leading the military. There's going to be a huge uproar back in the camp for sure. The love triangle should also be dead by now, Alicia has already chosen, and Faldio has no real choice but to give up already. If he still doesn't, I will be disappointed in this show.
Oct 16, 2013 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
Alicia its me the guy who shot you :/

How did Maximilian survive that?!
Mar 14, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2011
It seems that not everyone dies when they are killed in this anime.
Jun 22, 2014 10:42 AM

Sep 2013
Alicia finally awakens her valkarur blood.

Im sensing lots of drama in the next episodes.

Faldio friendzoned! haha, you piece of ****
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 9, 2015 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
Selvaria just retreated with her shield & lance intact?
This will be.. confusing @.@
Alicia still OP!
I want to play her OP form in game! SEGA please??

Homer, you're a cool masochist! Edy give him a reward! xD

Next ep, "Welkin Punch" incoming!!
"Signature removed"
Apr 29, 2016 9:43 PM

Mar 2014
Alicia is a Valkyur ~ !! Alicia Sugoii !! as well as Severia . Valkyria Sugoii !!
Secret weapons and Desperate moves .
The Fate of the War is once again .. have changed .
Valkyrian battle ~ !! Awakened legendary blood !!
VERY GREAT EPISODE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 7:27 PM

Jul 2014
The fact Alicia only fully woke up to Welkin's name is indeed very telling. Faldio BTFO. If I recall correctly the fight sequence was very similar to that of the game, even though this was an adaptation of the manga.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Apr 25, 2020 3:51 AM

Mar 2019
Finally we witness how Edelweiss move around gracefully in the battlefield. It's nice to see Welkin got back in action.

In the game, Faldio's decision to awaken Alicia's power is a well prepared plan, while in the anime he did it out of desperation. And I see now why Cordelia came to the battlefield. The anime tries to use her lance and shield for Alicia to use.

I feel pity for Faldio, though. The anime first makes him into a relationship breaker, then devastates him by wiping out all his squad members.

One good thing that I should admit in the anime is that it depicts the battle well. All those explosions are just amazing, Especially the ones caused by the valkyrur's power.
Aug 12, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
Ok so Faldio did have a plan when shooting Alicia. Lmao I thought he just shot her because he was scared of Valkyries.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Feb 12, 2023 4:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Seeing that piece of SHIT Maximilion lose his cool was great, fuck him good, from here on out he will do even more hateful decisions and will be hard to watch...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.