Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2014 8:55 PM
Mar 2014
swordstriker21 said:

Anyway the both of them were acting and thinking really selfishly about their (assumed) "relationship" w/ Shiroe. They both were content w/ staying near him and assumed that he will reciprocate their feelings w/out them making any concrete steps to try to understand him more or to further their relationship w/ him. Minoris outburst was a concise example of their attitudes towards their relationship w/ Shiroe. Completely one sided and sefish. W/c is unfair for the guy regardless of who he ends up w/. The both of them will start to confront their feelings and insecurities more after this and hopefully change for the better.

you're right, but Minori wants to improve the public face of Shiroe, Akatsuki not.

Takuan_Soho said:

We don't know if Minori really wants to have a "romantic relationship", neither I bet does she. She has every reason in the world to love Shiroe, the person who rescued her brother and her from slavery, the person who is teaching her how to be a good person (this was back in episode 8 or so), the one person she can totally count on in this world, but that isn't the same thing as wanting to jump in the sack with him. This is her first love, and one of the elements of first love is its innocence.

my heart nnnnnnngnggnnghh

Takuan_Soho said:
acdneo said:
Azekura said:
You know, Minori is more mature than Akatsuki, she'll deal whit it in a great way, unlike the shitty useless ninja.

Just wait.

Akatsuki isn't exactly immature you know. Her problem is that she is a 23 year old girl who looks like she is 13 child (as explained in episode 3), it doesn't take too much imagination to begin to realize what a living hell that would create for a woman her age. There is a reason why she wanted to do the lone wolf assassin route.

As for being "useless", in the first 4 fights they did as a team, she dispatched more players than Shiroe and Nagotsu combined. The problem is of course as Shiroe rises in status, his battles are fought at a higher and higher level, which makes her combat skills far less important (in that Shiroe needs armies, not individuals). However, given that we know that there is another power center forming in West Japan, her value will suddenly increase (though she doesn't know it yet) as the battle between Shiroe and whoever that leader is becomes more personal and Shiroe's individual worth increases. Then a bodyguard/assassin will have a lot of worth.

but Akatsuki guessed that he had valued her based in her skills, when he dosen't (ep 21), she admire him but sadly she can't understand him.

Akatsuki: Tendery pats Shiroe's head
Shiroe: Chuunibyou?
Mar 3, 2014 9:51 PM
Jul 2013
Natr1x said:

But they already had forges and the like for producing armor and stuff. This includes furniture such as bathtubs which were already in the game for cosmetic purposes. Steel plating, bolts and etc. are probably crafting recipes which means that they can be crafted from a menu in virtually no time at all. The rest would be just assembling the parts along with the manual manufacturing of a few core parts that could not be created via a menu.

I think the timeframe they completed it in was about one to two months. Consider what you and some friends can accomplish in minecraft over a weekend of play and the steam boat is hardly even impresive.

Steel Plating can't be crafted like that anymore just like how they cannot create food anymore that they can eat. If you apply that concept, everything should be done manually, that includes mining the ore materials, melting it and creating it to usable materials. And also, not all players are workers of some Factory in the real world that creates steam boats. Some of them have different professions. If you think about how many workers there are needed to create such a boat in the real world, they couldn't have made that in such a short period of time without any difficulties.

Although I still like the show and the steamboat is still cool.
Mar 3, 2014 9:51 PM

Oct 2010
Akatsuki > Noob Girl. I find a relationship based on a one-sided reliance and dependence to be unlikely to work out. Noob Girl's sort of clingyness to Shiro in order to improve her own standing and skills also constitutes the archetype that Shiro hates. That and I just don't like Minori. Only half-filled bottles make sounds when shaken. The sauciness when she tries to imitate Shiro with her party members, despite not being only half filled is cringe-worthy, and her sudden outburst this episode certainly didn't improve my opinion of her.

One might argue that she "tried to improve Shiro's image" like the person above me, but when you're sitting alone crying and yelling stuff like "ずるいよ!" after only watching Akatsuki interacting with Shiro, then spending the remaining time conversing about her feelings for Shiro, that noble "goal" doesn't seem to be as important as she would like people to believe. Furthermore, if we're on the topic of usefulness, Akatsuki's been with Shiro since episode one, and has been imperative in the many missions and stratagems through the course of these 21 episode. These are actual results, not daydreams and wishes.

Or we can go hope for an ACTUAL female candidate to show up (groundbreaking, I know), not a noob, not a quiet midget, but maybe that quirky little Onee-chan they've been teasing for the previous twenty episodes who led Tea Party, and obviously had some relationship with Shiro. At this rate Shiro's going to end up worse than Crusty; the ザコchara at least managed to nab a princess, no matter how lazy or disheveled.
Mar 3, 2014 9:55 PM
Jul 2013
Man, Shiroe should be glad that girls even like him. But in the anime, it seems like he is not oblivious that these girls like him but still, he did not respond to their love. It just prolongs the torture that both him and the girls will endure.

Actually, in the real world, if you are a shut-in like Shiroe, you would be glad that a beautiful cute girl even likes you. Shiroe truly is a confusing character.
Mar 3, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
HowTragic said:
Akatsuki > Noob Girl. I find a relationship based on a one-sided reliance and dependence to be unlikely to work out. Noob Girl's sort of clingyness to Shiro in order to improve her own standing and skills also constitutes the archetype that Shiro hates. That and I just don't like Minori. Only half-filled bottles make sounds when shaken. The sauciness when she tries to imitate Shiro with her party members, despite not being only half filled is cringe-worthy, and her sudden outburst this episode certainly didn't improve my opinion of her.

One might argue that she "tried to improve Shiro's image" like the person above me, but when you're sitting alone crying and yelling stuff like "ずるいよ!" after only watching Akatsuki interacting with Shiro, then spending the remaining time conversing about her feelings for Shiro, that noble "goal" doesn't seem to be as important as she would like people to believe. Furthermore, if we're on the topic of usefulness, Akatsuki's been with Shiro since episode one, and has been imperative in the many missions and stratagems through the course of these 21 episode. These are actual results, not daydreams and wishes.

Or we can go hope for an ACTUAL female candidate to show up (groundbreaking, I know), not a noob, not a quiet midget, but maybe that quirky little Onee-chan they've been teasing for the previous twenty episodes who led Tea Party, and obviously had some relationship with Shiro. At this rate Shiro's going to end up worse than Crusty; the ザコchara at least managed to nab a princess, no matter how lazy or disheveled.

She's realized that through the course of these recent events. That's the context of her statement "I haven't done anything yet.". That's why she's now ready to choose her own path to support Shiroe instead of one sidedly admiring and relying on him while only staring at his back. Mamare Touno describes this as "Minoris first step in tempering a strong blade.". That will be the central theme of her development as a character.

Also, she's arguably one of the few people who can actually understand Shiroes aims and wishes later on in the series. Akatsuki notices this and hence is conflicted because she felt so distant to the person she thought she was the closest to. She slowly realizes all the things she could offer other people can easily replicate or do better than her. She has zero raid experience, she's level 90 but doesn't have any great equipment nor is she the best damage dealer or tracker (D.D.D. has a huge pool of them). She isn't knowledgeable on the more complicated aspects of running a player city and cannot offer any practical advice or support. Most of these are baseless worries as Shiroe doesn't really mind but she's still affected. Thus her insecurities and the theme of Akatsukis character development w/c is also basically finding her own worth.

swordstriker21Mar 3, 2014 10:14 PM
Mar 3, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2010
Akatsuki was adorable, I feel sorry for Minori but she can't get between Akatsuki and Shiroe.

Urek said:
Baddie007 said:
I wonder why kind of climax will in store for the last 3 episodes?

ohohoho, dont worry, it will end with everything resolved, but in a (massive) cliffhanger

Humm, a massive cliffhanger huh? If you are right, I really hope que next season comes out this year, this show is so good.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Mar 4, 2014 12:34 AM

Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
SimmianPrime said:
Minori can't be that bright if she believes that she (as a middle schooler) can have a romantic relationship with a university student (23 I think?)

First, I don't think she knows how old Shiroe is, second you really can't control love. There was a nice touch this episode, Minori didn't know what she was feeling (even though her brother did) until she felt jealousy towards Akatsuki (the whole "he is mine") and then the whole thing just flooded out of her. That is what love is like, it doesn't often come with trumpets and banners, it can suddenly knock your socks off.

We don't know if Minori really wants to have a "romantic relationship", neither I bet does she. She has every reason in the world to love Shiroe, the person who rescued her brother and her from slavery, the person who is teaching her how to be a good person (this was back in episode 8 or so), the one person she can totally count on in this world, but that isn't the same thing as wanting to jump in the sack with him. This is her first love, and one of the elements of first love is its innocence.

I'm not saying she can't have romantic feelings for him, but she should definitely be intelligent enough (we've seen that she's very intelligent) to know that nothing could possibly come from them. I mean, when I was in middle school I had the hots for some of my teachers, but I didn't think I could date them, and Minori is a fuck ton more mature than I was at her age.

I think it would have been amazing development for her to acknowledge that she knows nothing can ever come of it.
Mar 4, 2014 6:37 AM

Nov 2012
What a crap episode. I really dislike akatsuki. Really hope there to be no more moe crap on future episodes.
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Mar 4, 2014 8:31 AM

Jun 2008
Lol this isn't love. She just look up to him and that got deepened even more when he went out of his way to help her friend + saving her from slavery. It's like a puppy love scenario.

The triangle is totally unneeded imo. Especially when the two are loli-esque too...
Now I'm just expecting this show to have some open-ending and await for a second season that might never come... again.
Mar 4, 2014 9:15 AM

Jun 2008
r3birth said:
What a crap episode. I really dislike akatsuki. Really hope there to be no more moe crap on future episodes.

1 Volume dedicated to her coming right up next season.

SimmianPrime said:
I think it would have been amazing development for her to acknowledge that she knows nothing can ever come of it.

That's one point of her development in this Libra Festival....which some people just dismisses it completely just because "hey, it's not Log Horizon"

Tachii said:
The triangle is totally unneeded imo. Especially when the two are loli-esque too...

So your point is short people cannot love taller people, yes?
So poor Akatsuki must find a guy that's as tall as she is to finally look normal to you?

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 4, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2010
I don't think either of the two girls are good love interests for Shiroe. I don't see Shiroe developing any romantic feelings for either of them.
Mar 4, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
kaimax said:
r3birth said:

Does she develop or does she remain a moe style character?
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Mar 4, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
r3birth said:
kaimax said:
r3birth said:

Does she develop or does she remain a moe style character?

Oh yes, she does develop to be a stronger person (in multiple senses), which is the purpose of Volume 6 anyway. How exactly though would be spoiler territory, so you will have to wait for it.
Mar 4, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
Shiro you lolicon!
Mar 4, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2010
sigh, so from the "BUH I WANNA BE A REAL BOI" arc to the subpar harem arc...

what happened to you LH, you used to be cool.
Mar 4, 2014 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Well, it's ok changing the theme for 1-2 episodes but still meh.
Mar 4, 2014 3:12 PM
Jun 2010
The more I read this thread, the more I'm taken back to this image https://twitter.com/aka_NightingaIe/status/419634785657446400/photo/1/large lol
Mar 4, 2014 3:15 PM
Oct 2012
Something that strikes me is that if people have enjoyed the first 20 episodes, why would they think that one or two slow episodes are a portent of things to come? Hasn't the author built up any trust among the viewers? That maybe he or she knows what they are doing?
Mar 5, 2014 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
that was defs one of the funniest eps.

henrietta: 'my akatsuki sense is tingling'
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 5, 2014 3:18 AM
Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Something that strikes me is that if people have enjoyed the first 20 episodes, why would they think that one or two slow episodes are a portent of things to come? Hasn't the author built up any trust among the viewers? That maybe he or she knows what they are doing?

There are many factors. The factors that I can think of are:

1. They don't know the author style of writing a story
2. More of them expect to follow their though
3. For the sake of complaining, they complain
4. For the sake of debate, they debate
5. Some of them are overeacting or overthinking
6. They saw other anime better than LH anime and despise this anime because not to much action (and we know that this anime does not focus to much on action to begin with)
7. Overdemanding from them
8. And many other factor that you can see and think of and add this if you know more
deenszxMar 5, 2014 3:23 AM
Mar 5, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2012
Well, this anime really started to get so slow and boring...:(

When i watched the part when they were fighting to get Serara out, i imediately gave this anime a clear 10! I was so hyped and i looked forward to seeing what other awesome things it would bring to me!

But now, it looks like it started going the way SAO went... Almost no RPG elements and now its only about ordinary everyday stuff...>__> I wanted a friking online RPG anime we all craved for after .HACK series and SAO... No action, too much talking, and story isnt going anywhere...:/ They dont even try anymore to discover why or how they got into this world in the first place...

Some will say this is a "character development" but do you really think character development can only be done in slow episodes? Ofc not... I liked Shiroe and other chars much better while they were on a battlefield kicking bad guys arses and being cool. :D

I think this anime wasted so much potential...:( I wanted so much to keep this anime in my favourites list, but now its definitely gone.

Dont rage on me, this is after all just my opinion and how i feel.
Mar 5, 2014 7:35 AM

Jun 2013
Echelonex said:
They dont even try anymore to discover why or how they got into this world in the first place...

Actually, it is not that they do not want to discover, but rather they have no leads. Why do you think Shiroe spent most of time in his room (and got himself unfairly labelled as a shut-in)? If you watch his actions in the past few episodes you will notice he is actively trying to gather intelligence. As for action, unfortunately this season will not have any more action scenes in the traditional sense due to the structure of the light novels. There will be lots of them though in the second season if it is ever going to be released.
Mar 5, 2014 12:45 PM
Mar 2014
Echelonex said:
Well, this anime really started to get so slow and boring...:(

When i watched the part when they were fighting to get Serara out, i imediately gave this anime a clear 10! I was so hyped and i looked forward to seeing what other awesome things it would bring to me!

----

"But now, it looks like it started going the way SAO went... Almost no RPG elements and now its only about ordinary everyday stuff...>__> I wanted a friking online RPG anime we all craved for after .HACK series and SAO... No action, too much talking, and story isnt going anywhere...:/ "

SAO?

is there a magical baby?
is there a cliche evil guy?
is there a hax will power?
is there a girl of the week?

"They dont even try anymore to discover why or how they got into this world in the first place"

-can you give me a way to leave that world?

"Some will say this is a "character development" but do you really think character development can only be done in slow episodes?"

you need time in order to build tings
acdneoMar 5, 2014 2:23 PM
Mar 5, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Poor Shiroe: If he stays in the room, people thinks he´s a demon. If he goes out, they want to kill him because whe´s with 2 cute girls XD
Mar 5, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
Love triangle..wait what.

That Minori VA really sounding like Hanazawa there.
Mar 5, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Oh wow, I'd like to meet Minori and stick a middle finger to her face. I hate this kinds of characters. They don't realize their position. She is a fucking kid and Shiroe is already an adult! Somebody need to spell that out to her. It's not like Shiroe is like 30 and she is 20. That is different. She's still a gradeschooler, why would she cry and weep on the floor because Akatsuki likes Shiroe? Does she not realize that Shiroe would never hit on her because she's still a fucking kid or did she thought it wouldnt matter because they are just in a game or MAYBE SHE JUST LOST HER FUCKING MIND. I mean it is ok to have crush on Shiroe but she might as well know that there is no way that they would end up together right? So no need to overreact like you just lost your most important partner in your life.

I don't understand why are they pushing Minori as Akatsuki's rival. It's understandable if it's the teaparty's leader but man they didn't even show a hint or sign that Minori liked Shiroe in a romantic way in these past episodes. She just tried to suddenly confessed last episode and we are supposed to feel pity to her because she likes him soooooooo much? It was shown that Minori admired Shiroe as a mentor and a senior to the game but wow... Are they so desperate to progress Akatsuki x Shiroe's romance that they need to just suddenly put a rival right now? Akatsuki x Shiroe could have progressed with just them.

Anyways, I hope we great conclusion at the end of this series. I hope they stop with the Minori thingy.. She is on Akatsuki's way D:

Did you miss the episode where Shiroe saved her life? Of coarse she would have a major crush on him.
Mar 5, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2008
kaimax said:

So your point is short people cannot love taller people, yes?
So poor Akatsuki must find a guy that's as tall as she is to finally look normal to you?
Actually my main point for the unnecessity of a love triangle is the stuff I said before that statement.

Whether they're loli-esque is more of a personal taste. And I do believe the real person behind Akatsuki probably isn't that loli-esque (even Shiroe or Naotsugu were surprised she's supposedly the same age as Shiroe)
Mar 5, 2014 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
Nice love triangle.
I don't think Log Horizon is the best at comedic styled episodes.
Can't see a kiss scene happening.
Mar 5, 2014 10:30 PM
Mar 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Akatsuki isn't exactly immature you know. Her problem is that she is a 23 year old girl who looks like she is 13 child (as explained in episode 3), it doesn't take too much imagination to begin to realize what a living hell that would create for a woman her age. There is a reason why she wanted to do the lone wolf assassin route.

Akatsuki is 20, not 23.

Takuan_Soho said:

A lot of it is probably broken expectations at play. Some of the people that didn't like this turn of events are likely ones that kept hearing about how this series was nothing but OTPs. Only to have it made abundantly clear this episode that the author is as fond of love triangles and romantic drama as other authors are. Others were likely coming at the series entirely cold, and took it to be an action series based on the first few episodes. Things were slow in the middle, but perseverance payed off with the whole army thing, and the battles of the newbies. Only now instead of doing the logical thing and continuing on to finish off the Goblin King and complete the event to finish out the series, were clearly closing on a note of slice of life romantic comedy and drama instead with no real hope for action. Boom go the expectations.

deenszx's list of possible reasons is pretty good as well.

acdneo said:

Demikas. Hamelin. Goblin King.
Mar 5, 2014 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
GrayArchon said:
Takuan_Soho said:

A lot of it is probably broken expectations at play. Some of the people that didn't like this turn of events are likely ones that kept hearing about how this series was nothing but OTPs. Only to have it made abundantly clear this episode that the author is as fond of love triangles and romantic drama as other authors are. Others were likely coming at the series entirely cold, and took it to be an action series based on the first few episodes. Things were slow in the middle, but perseverance payed off with the whole army thing, and the battles of the newbies. Only now instead of doing the logical thing and continuing on to finish off the Goblin King and complete the event to finish out the series, were clearly closing on a note of slice of life romantic comedy and drama instead with no real hope for action. Boom go the expectations.

deenszx's list of possible reasons is pretty good as well.

acdneo said:

I believe it was explained clearly enough they are not going to just storm in and kill off the Goblin King straightaway so as to prevent the goblins from running amok. Instead, they are just going to besiege his forces (offscreen for the moment). About Demikas, as strange as it may sound that's not the last time we will see him. Though that is season 2's material >.>
Mar 6, 2014 1:04 AM

Jun 2008
MagisterArcanum said:
About Demikas, as strange as it may sound that's not the last time we will see him. Though that is season 2's material >.>

Yeah, the actual guys being evil because they're cliche is just the guys from Hamelin. The Goblin King is too offscreen to much to be an antagonist and he's just a scripted event boss, while Demikas has a lot more things to show later on.

Mar 6, 2014 3:53 AM

Mar 2012
kaimax said:
MagisterArcanum said:
About Demikas, as strange as it may sound that's not the last time we will see him. Though that is season 2's material >.>

Yeah, the actual guys being evil because they're cliche is just the guys from Hamelin. The Goblin King is too offscreen to much to be an antagonist and he's just a scripted event boss, while Demikas has a lot more things to show later on.

Well there is an actual real antagonist coming up in the later volumes or in a future second season, without spoiling it to much u can call it an the Anti-Akihbara but it is not a main villian. i aim not going to spoil anything else.

Truth be told there is no overall main villain of the show. The show rather focuses on the decisions people make when they are handed with a whole new experience and opportunity and how they adapt to it, some are more moral than others but u cant say there is true villianry,

It is how people cope with a new environment much like the real world.
Mar 6, 2014 8:41 AM
Mar 2014
GrayArchon said:

acdneo said:

Delicious returns in vol 7, so spoiler zone

Hamelin, Magus? nah, Schreider? the poor guy claims "You'are alone like us"

Goblin King? offscreen
acdneoMar 6, 2014 9:07 AM
Mar 6, 2014 11:39 AM
Mar 2010
MagisterArcanum said:
I believe it was explained clearly enough they are not going to just storm in and kill off the Goblin King straightaway so as to prevent the goblins from running amok. Instead, they are just going to besiege his forces (offscreen for the moment). About Demikas, as strange as it may sound that's not the last time we will see him. Though that is season 2's material >.>

Yes, it was explained that they were putting off the Goblin King. However, look at it from the viewpoint of someone that mistook the series for an action series. After episode 20, the next logical thing to do is continue on to a raid to kill the Goblin King. Instead we get episode 21, which starts with a time skip to a month later and an explanation that they're putting off the raid in favor of finishing straightening out things with the landers. Ok, well surely after that interlude the series will move on to the Goblin King, even if it needs a time skip for it. Nope, they instead get a time skip to the adventurers planning a festival just because. And this episode makes it clear that nope, the remainder of the series will definitely be about the festival and love triangles, not combat and raids.

As for Demikas, I'm well aware that isn't the last time we will be seeing him in the novels. In the mean time, in the first novel, and the anime, he's a big, hulking, stupidly easy to provoke, brute of a man, who leads a guild that has "brigand" right in the name of it. He uses them to instigate a reign of terror upon Susukino upon both players and Landers, complete with murder, rape, and enslavement, all in the name of "we were bored and needed a way to kill time". His interest in Serara is left murky in both the anime, and novel, but reading between the lines, and assuming the fan translation of the first novel is accurate, it is pretty clear that he attempted to enslave her, and less interested in her housekeeping skills than in her bedroom skills.

So, a killer, slaver, and would be rapist(might as well throw pedophile in there as well given Serara's age), leading a guild of murderers, slavers, and would be rapists. All for no better reason than self gratification - mere days after being abducted from the real world no less.

While Demikas will appear again in the future, I'm rather doubtful that he'll be given a decent reason to believably change his past actions to anything other than those of a cliche evil guy. Nor do I have any confidence he'll be anything other than a karma houdini who does not get a comeuppance commiserate with his crimes.

So yeah, cliche evil guy until and unless he manages to get development otherwise, and his odds there are pretty poor that he'll manage anything other than a change to cliche reformed evil villain guy.

kaimax said:
The Goblin King is too offscreen to much to be an antagonist and he's just a scripted event boss

The Goblin King is pretty much the definition of cliche evil guy. A monster that hides in his lair and sends his armies out to ravage the land for no other reason than to ravage the land. No name or personality beyond being evil for the sake for the sake of being evil, just an evil creature waiting around to be slaughtered.
Mar 6, 2014 11:55 AM
Dec 2013
I love festival episodes, there so fun. Akatsuki looked really cute with her hair down.
Mar 6, 2014 11:57 AM
Dec 2013
xchee said:
"They say that man does not live by bread alone. But with bread and fantasies, you can get over almost anything!"
Wise words, Henrietta. Wise words. Words to live by lmao.

Akatsuki overload. So cute O___O

No Minori, just NO! I can defend your imitating Shiroe's tactics and being emo but don't you dare come between Shiroe x Akatsuki aka OTP. NO! GO AWAY! SHOO! I'll sic Crusty on you if you keep on this path.

Hahaha, I think the same thing whenever there is a girl that gets in the way with my favorite pairings.
Mar 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
GrayArchon said:
However, look at it from the viewpoint of someone that mistook the series for an action series. After episode 20,

That's my problem with these guys though, It already reached 20 episodes and most of the novel readers and people familiar with Mamare's writing style already explained to these guys for more than 20 episodes that Log Horizon isn't just MMORPG and action.

It's one thing to dislike the episodes, but it's just full retard to discredit the whole series just because you don't like one episode and ignoring all the points in that episode. It's been clear that they said that their putting off the goblin king for logical reasons, but some just posted things like they never did watch the episode.

Mar 6, 2014 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
Akatsuki <3

Minori just got senpai-zoned lol
Mar 6, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2008
This anime really doesn't need love triangles or harem building. I hope it doesn't go down that path.
Mar 6, 2014 8:49 PM

Jun 2010
5layer said:
This anime really doesn't need love triangles or harem building. I hope it doesn't go down that path.

Agreed.
Atlantica Online~ is where I spend far too much time.

O.O Markiplier is my favorite youtuber, and you're welcome.
Mar 6, 2014 9:07 PM
Mar 2010
kaimax said:
GrayArchon said:
However, look at it from the viewpoint of someone that mistook the series for an action series. After episode 20,

That's my problem with these guys though, It already reached 20 episodes and most of the novel readers and people familiar with Mamare's writing style already explained to these guys for more than 20 episodes that Log Horizon isn't just MMORPG and action.

It's one thing to dislike the episodes, but it's just full retard to discredit the whole series just because you don't like one episode and ignoring all the points in that episode. It's been clear that they said that their putting off the goblin king for logical reasons, but some just posted things like they never did watch the episode.

Eh, there hasn't exactly been a litany of people talking about the author's writing style, and a lot of comments by novel reads would be avoided by people looking to avoid spoilers. So it would not surprise me for there to be a number of people expecting it to have an action end, instead of a slice of life end.

Like I said, yes the series explained why they weren't going after the Goblin King even after a one month timeskip. However the time skip to the festival could have easily been a time skip to the Goblin King raid instead.

Sure discrediting the whole series just because of one episode is kind of stupid, but Log Horizon would hardly be unique in that regard. Plenty of people drop or start bashing plenty of series based on a single episode that breaks their interest in it, or respect for it. A lot of the time those are just knee jerk reactions though and people either pick the series back up, or change their opinion based on what happens next. It's not exactly a reaction to get worked up over.
Mar 6, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2008
GrayArchon said:
Like I said, yes the series explained why they weren't going after the Goblin King even after a one month timeskip. However the time skip to the festival could have easily been a time skip to the Goblin King raid instead.

And skip directly to Volume 7? That's even stupider since it's skipping one of the most important plot points in the Libra Festival.

It's not exactly a reaction to get worked up over.

It's disheartening because that shows how little people put their trust upon the author, Just like Takuan_Soho said in a previous post. How many episodes do they need to finally trust the author?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just going to spoil it now since these people don't have any trust with the author's direction: No explicit details, separated by chapters
Episode 22 to 25 is an adaptation of Volume 5, which is about the events happening around the Libra Festival.
1st Chapter "Everyday Life of Shiroe"

2nd Chapter "Swallow and Starling"

3rd Chapter "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"

4th Chapter "Confusion"

5th Chapter "Libra Festival"

Interlude (Final Chapter)

To the moderators, if you feel that it's too spoilery feel free to delete it. I'm just tired seeing this low level of trust.
kaimaxMar 6, 2014 10:23 PM

Mar 6, 2014 11:58 PM
Jan 2014
GrayArchon said:

They'll raid the Goblin King later. The battle of Choushi and Sand leaf are the first major quest for Round Table Council and Akiba citizens. After a sucessful negotiation with Eastal.. for now, The Libra Festival is more important for Akiba because it's their first formal festival as a player city. Most of the battle guilds are needed to guard the city (or merely enjoying it to kill time).
Goblin King wouldn't be a real threat because he stays in his fortress, and his minions are defeatable because now the adventurers are taking the quests again, with some regulations from RTC.

Hmm.. about the love triangle thingy and what will Akatsuki and Minori do with their feelings, the preview from NHK anime blog for the next episode shows that Akatsuki will be more active in her approach to Shiroe, and Minori test her competence in another place. There's no direct competition to win Shiroe's attention after episode 22 because Minori will be busy with another things while Akatsuki stays by Shiroe's side. The Festival itself will become more important in the plot.
annettefeliceMar 7, 2014 12:05 AM
Mar 7, 2014 3:38 AM

Jun 2008

Aww...looks like they omitted the part of Henrietta and Krusty's Chat with Isaac, and mostly consists of Chapter 3, with an early bit of Chapter 4.

Mar 7, 2014 3:47 AM
Jan 2014
kaimax said:

Aww...looks like they omitted the part of Henrietta and Krusty's Chat with Isaac, and mostly consists of Chapter 3, with an early bit of Chapter 4.

Isaac & Crusty's chat will be there. it shown in the tv preview for episode 22. I don't know about henrietta, though.. but yes. I want that part. too.
Mar 7, 2014 4:03 AM

May 2012
MagisterArcanum said:
Echelonex said:
They dont even try anymore to discover why or how they got into this world in the first place...

Actually, it is not that they do not want to discover, but rather they have no leads. Why do you think Shiroe spent most of time in his room (and got himself unfairly labelled as a shut-in)? If you watch his actions in the past few episodes you will notice he is actively trying to gather intelligence. As for action, unfortunately this season will not have any more action scenes in the traditional sense due to the structure of the light novels. There will be lots of them though in the second season if it is ever going to be released.

Yeah i wasnt trying to say they arent trying but that its not shown to the viewers and thats to us the same as the chars are not even trying...>__> In both cases you dont see plot development.
Mar 7, 2014 4:56 AM
Jan 2014
Echelonex said:
MagisterArcanum said:
Echelonex said:

Yeah i wasnt trying to say they arent trying but that its not shown to the viewers and thats to us the same as the chars are not even trying...>__> In both cases you dont see plot development.

Well it was shown on episode 11 where he tried to gather inteligent about the old world along with the scribe thing by the conversation of both shiroe and nyanta. Don't you remember or you skip that part showing that you are not interest in the explanation?

For those who want to know what I am talking about is at the episode 11 For the specific part of video at 4:24
deenszxMar 7, 2014 5:32 AM
Mar 7, 2014 7:46 AM
Jan 2014
To bad they dont skip all of that ( which is the worst part of the light novel ) and go for the Murderer Arc ...
Mar 7, 2014 8:02 AM
Jan 2014
Echelonex said:

To say that they aren't trying, do you think that all of the Shiroe and Round Table's efforts to gather information, put some foundation like making akiba to be a comfortable town to adventurer, re-establish the connection with People of the Land and make it strong by forming a mutual alliance are useless as a long term plan to gather resources or a part of their journey to know more about the new world?. They can't do their adventure like when Serdesea is in a game named Elder Tale, they even need to play politics and build economic powers. After the apocalypse, Raiding is not only about glory anymore. it's become a necessity if they want to farm or confirm the new expansion. They must prepared to got hurt and die repeatedly especially if they doing a new major raid. Even for battle guild, they need to gather their courage to do this.

There's no guarantee that the answer lies in Yamato alone, and Serdesea is practically 1/2 size of earth. To find a lead via adventuring, it's a tedious and dangerous task. To make it more difficult, a sage like Regan is not easy to find.. and because of the massive information when Elder Tale is a game (20 years worth of history), plus the local history/legend like the Luquenje and the World Fraction.. only sorting the information alone can become a living hell.

Round Table also has the investigation of fairy ring as a main agenda (but they can't do this right away without proper strategy because it's suicidal),and trying to invent many things that useful for the next exploration like ocypete. It's logical when there are no significant development in that 2 section (reason of the Apocalypse, and how they got trapped)..because the adventurers in Akiba are busy with their preparation and settling down in their home base. They already live in Serdesea around 5 months, but they're not lazy bums because they need to do and testing many things before attempting to explore or challenging whatever the new expansion throws to them.

Aldaar said:
To bad they dont skip all of that ( which is the worst part of the light novel ) and go for the Murderer Arc ...

How do you think the anime will introduce a certain guild from the west and what it can do without this arc? This arc is also become a big trigger to Akatsuki's development in the murderer arc.
annettefeliceMar 7, 2014 8:10 AM
Mar 7, 2014 11:01 AM

Jun 2012
Funny episode; now I'm in the mood for cake :/

I'm all for that ShiroeXHenrietta. Dat massage at the beginning.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.