Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2014
Well, well. I'm sure some of you already saw the trailer to "Edge of Tomorrow" Live action Adaption

For those who did not yet,...
Edit: can't seem to figuer this out, does the BBCode still not work for this? somebody else feel free to post the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI

Doesn't seem to suck completely ... please don't ruin this Tom Cruise <.<

I did not read the Novel of "All You Need is Killl" yet, only reading the Manag that is currently publishing and I like the Manga a lot, but it doesn't seem to have a lot in common with the Movie.

I just thought I would bring this to everyone's attention.
ShylpFeb 28, 2014 3:38 PM
Apr 3, 2014 3:12 PM
Mar 2010
Shylp said:
Well, well. I'm sure some of you already saw the trailer to "Edge of Tomorrow" Live action Adaption

For those who did not yet,...
Edit: can't seem to figuer this out, does the BBCode still not work for this? somebody else feel free to post the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI

Doesn't seem to suck completely ... please don't ruin this Tom Cruise <.<

I did not read the Novel of "All You Need is Killl" yet, only reading the Manag that is currently publishing and I like the Manga a lot, but it doesn't seem to have a lot in common with the Movie.

I just thought I would bring this to everyone's attention.

same here read only the manga do you know where I can find the translated version of the novel
Apr 3, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
HELLSATAN said:

same here read only the manga do you know where I can find the translated version of the novel

I have no idea, somebody?
Apr 6, 2014 3:22 AM

Nov 2008
I have just read the novel and i'm currently reading the manga. Both of them are awesome.
I'm not expecting a lot from the live action movie but thanks to that maybe in the future it will get its own anime.

HELLSATAN said:

You can find translated novel. Just google it and you get pdfs ,mobi or epubs to download by torrent.
Apr 6, 2014 8:35 AM
Mar 2010
Blue_Qbe said:
I have just read the novel and i'm currently reading the manga. Both of them are awesome.
I'm not expecting a lot from the live action movie but thanks to that maybe in the future it will get its own anime.

HELLSATAN said:

You can find translated novel. Just google it and you get pdfs ,mobi or epubs to download by torrent.

edit: are you reading it n english caused all I found is untranslated novel that I can't understand I hope baka tsuki picks this up
Apr 6, 2014 8:37 AM
Mar 2010
Shylp said:
HELLSATAN said:

oh man we're so f**k I to read the novel
May 13, 2014 6:10 PM
Jul 2012
There is no fan translated version on the internet. But it has been official translated and distributed in English and on the USA (and some other places too). So you might find it in a book store.

If you have a smartphone, tablet, kindle, Ipad, or if download those applications in your pc/mac, you can buy the it in e-format on google play, ibooks, or amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/All-You-Need-Is-Kill/dp/1421527618

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/all-you-need-is-kill/id458461711?mt=11

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Hiroshi_Sakurazaka_All_You_Need_Is_Kill?id=izedAgAAQBAJ

So, since it's been officially translated you probably wouldn't see a free fan traslation on the internet, and you wouldn't be able to read it for free until someone pirates the book. By the way book piracy is pretty rare, like "probably never going to happen" rare.
Jun 7, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2010
OneWhoReadsBooks said:
By the way book piracy is pretty rare, like "probably never going to happen" rare.

It's definitely out there. But from my experience, pirated books are hosted on... Russian websites. There's really some dude out there that painstakingly types out every word onto an RTF file and sticks it somewhere. Them Russkies got way too much time on their hands.

BTW, I just saw the movie and I loved it. I have no idea how it compares to the novel, but that's why I just ordered it from Haika Soru's website so I can compare when it arrives next week.
Apr 11, 2022 9:35 AM

May 2020
A very nice and enjoyable movie in my opinion.

For those wondering, the movie is very far from being a one-to-one adaptation of the novel and makes quite a few changes from the original story. You'll definitely recognize it as an adaptation if you've read the novel but not reading the novel will not affect experience.

Also, in the novel, it is mentioned that they make a movie about Rita and the actress who plays her is a tall, well-endowed blond bombshell. And the actress who plays her is Emily Blunt, who kind of fits that exact description (Except for the well-endowed part, which ironically, makes it closer to the novel version of Rita). Just a neat little coincidence (or perhaps meta-commentary from the author ? Probably that actually)

More topics from this board

» Is the LN and Manga had a different story?

xxy_ - May 5, 2021

1 by paveljanik »»
Nov 30, 2022 11:01 AM

» Why All You Need Is Kill hasn't received an anime adaptation? ( 1 2 )

Azlan - May 2, 2014

60 by Alexioos95 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:16 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 4 Discussion

Kikoman589 - Jul 7, 2014

4 by Deago »»
Aug 23, 2022 6:49 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 1 Discussion

SideCharacterKal - Nov 8, 2021

0 by SideCharacterKal »»
Nov 8, 2021 4:04 PM

» How good is All You Need Is kill (Novel)

TheNoseOfDeath - Mar 6, 2015

3 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 2015 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.