Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 21, 2009 1:38 AM

Mar 2009
I just couldn't stop smiling the entire episode. So cute. :) Missed Horo so much.
Aug 21, 2009 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
Aaaah I'm late! >.<
Oh well, watching the episode now, since I all but forgot about it yesterday >.>
Done, and I genuinly smiled through almost every scene with both Horo and Lawrence : )
And hey when did they start introducing Zelda-characters ? xD
Otherwise, a very good episode, as with the whole series, as well as the prequel, and pretty much everything having to do with it : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 21, 2009 2:13 AM

Feb 2008
zerokill said:
Omg I think Shiek from Zelda made a cameo XD Well that "Woman" looked like Shiek sort of =/
lol That's exactly what I thought.

Honestly, I've been interested in this character ever since I saw her in the intro. She looked important, so I hope she'll have a good role.

Aug 21, 2009 2:51 AM

Oct 2008
WinterStormy said:
I lol'd at myself when for a second i thought the masked lady was Amarty stalking them xD anyway...it was only for a second...and then i realized how silly the thought was :P
lol

lolz laugh st myself as well tho, i actually thought like that too XP
this episode was really flirty :D but i guess the next episode the tension will be back again with the new mystery girl and it might be a long arc again anyway can't doubt it will be long arc or not.
Next episode Wolf and Enticing traveler O_o get my body tumble again >.< can't wait for the week
Aug 21, 2009 2:55 AM

Apr 2009
It was rather uneventful, but it had a nice subtle entertainment in it.

4/5
Aug 21, 2009 3:17 AM

Jan 2009
AddleBoy said:
She looked important, so I hope she'll have a good role.

Actually.. aren't characters that appear in the openings usually more or less important?
I get the feeling it's like that anyway.. Oh well, can't wait to see more : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 21, 2009 5:11 AM

Jul 2009
Couldn't stop smiling ^^ At last more Horo!
Too bad Lawrence didn't hug her on the wagon, that would be cute ;p
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Aug 21, 2009 5:12 AM

Oct 2008
saxophone said:
I can't stop grinning at their relationship. Now if they can just take it a little further...

My thought exactly xDDD
I was like MAKE OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
That traveller woman seems interesting.
Can't wait to see what happens.

The characters who appeared in the OP are the ones who will appear in this season. There are two left.
Aug 21, 2009 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
just watched it and personally i'm happy that they skipped volume 4.... not that it was a bad volume but i know myself along with many others wouldn't have been satisfied had it taken up the remaining episodes. as already mentioned, this part of the plot is currently unstranslated so to the majority of people here, we don't know what will happen, which is a good thing. hopefully the blond woman will become a rival for horo (it'll bring out horo's childish side which is kawaii.lol)

for those that want to know what happens in volume 4 in a minute-2 minutes, read this
Aug 21, 2009 7:28 AM
Dec 2007
Great introduction to the arc even though animation is getting sloppy. Holo is definitely the magic that makes the series work.

perseus87 said:
just watched it and personally i'm happy that they skipped volume 4.... not that it was a bad volume but i know myself along with many others wouldn't have been satisfied had it taken up the remaining episodes. as already mentioned, this part of the plot is currently unstranslated so to the majority of people here, we don't know what will happen, which is a good thing. hopefully the blond woman will become a rival for horo (it'll bring out horo's childish side which is kawaii.lol)

for those that want to know what happens in volume 4 in a minute-2 minutes, read this

Thanks for the description of volume 4, since I didn't plan to read the novels, it's appreciated :)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 21, 2009 8:04 AM
Aug 2009
One question....Why wasn't Lawrence eating. That scene was totally outta nowhere O_o.
Aug 21, 2009 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
Voiced408 said:
One question....Why wasn't Lawrence eating. That scene was totally outta nowhere O_o.
Lawrence fell asleep on that chair while waiting for Horo's clothes to get warm and dry; Therefore he made her wait the whole night while she was naked on the bed, he had to redeem himself with that many food, he couldn't afford to pay more than Horo's food.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 21, 2009 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
read post above, sorry didnt read that... -_-
Zilpzalp said:
Money.

Look at how many things Holo wanted to eat. Since he didn't want to disappoint her, he bought everything. But he didn't want to "waste" even more money, so he ate something cheap afterwards.

That's what I think, at least.
yeah i agree. Before they entered the town, Horo asked to have some kind of broth with beef and Lawrence said he had to ask his pocket first.
After they arrived, Lawrence took out Horo's cloth to dry and said they will have meal after that. But he fell asleep there and of course Horo isnt quite happy that he left her naked in bed. So in order to make up for that, Lawrence "had to" buy Horo everything she wanted :-)
Aug 21, 2009 9:51 AM

Nov 2008
Well, reading the volume 4 review above(thank you for that) I can say that i prefer whats happening in this one :P already posted here but wth, can't wait for next weeks episode ...again.

Aug 21, 2009 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
vinesage said:
read post above, sorry didnt read that... -_-
What do you mean?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 21, 2009 11:23 AM

May 2009
Great episode, I was smiling the whole episode at their continious teasing, It's just lovely <3
Aug 21, 2009 12:33 PM

Dec 2007
That episode was awesome it had alot of sweet moments though I am also curious about that woman. I wonder what exactly is up with her.
Aug 21, 2009 1:54 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode!

I believe my favorite wolf is aiming for the Queen of All Animes position right now. Go for it Horo!
Aug 21, 2009 4:46 PM

Aug 2007
wow lots of cute moments
Aug 21, 2009 7:28 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, the atmosphere between Horo and Lawrence just went through the roof. I enjoyed every scene of them together from beginning to end. My favorite of course being the stairway scene when Horo stumbled Lawrence caught her. She snuggled up nice and tight afterwards.

I also enjoyed how they both agreed there was something funny going on in the town. However Horo asked that they stop whatever it is that they are about to get themselves into before they get too deep. Seem Horo has learned a few things from the multiple incidents that have occurred because of them chasing the almighty coin.

Can't wait to see where this new adventure leads them. But at least there is no question now about what the two feel for each other even if kind of unspoken as Lawrence said its embarrassing.
Aug 21, 2009 10:56 PM

Jul 2008
What a cute episode! :D

BEGINNER
Aug 21, 2009 11:05 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode. Love how Horo and Lawrence's relationship is progressing.
Aug 21, 2009 11:20 PM

Nov 2007
Lawrence the smooth talker xD, so we finally get a glimpse of one of the characters from the ED, I wonder at her significance and what this arc will bring.
Aug 22, 2009 12:25 AM
Jul 2008
This was awesome! :D
Aug 22, 2009 1:37 AM

Jan 2009
The sexual tension between Horo and Lawrence is, at times, quit jarring. I really they get together in the end.

Aug 22, 2009 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
I like how Lawrence and Horo generally get more intimate as the show progresses. Many series will just keep the relationship the same after major arcs which is seriously disappointing, but this show seems to avoid that pitfall.
Aug 22, 2009 7:09 AM

Sep 2007
Loved the episode...
And thanks for the resume of the volume 4 !
Aug 22, 2009 7:47 AM

Jul 2008
There we go. Some Horo + Lawrence action that I've been desperately waiting for the last couple of weeks. Me sensing very good vibes from the two of them. And that wrapped up person keeps reminding me of Shiek from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Anybody else?
Aug 22, 2009 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
yakyuu-addict said:
And that wrapped up person keeps reminding me of Shiek from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Anybody else?

I think pretty much everyone here has thought along those lines now : D
Aug 22, 2009 8:47 AM
Aug 2008
Voiced408 said:
I'm pretty sure Horo is a virgin...

I don't know.

Her character might be more interesting if she turned out to have had physical relationships with the men she's talked about in past episodes.

We know she has talked about another man, years in the past, who resembled Lawrence somewhat.

Also, in this episode, she said to Lawrence, "You're too expensive. Has anybody even bought you yet?"

I.e., "You're too sexually inhibited. Are you still a virgin, at your age?"
formosanAug 22, 2009 8:53 AM
Aug 22, 2009 8:55 AM
Oct 2007
i didn't think the cloaked figure was a female either <.<
Aug 22, 2009 1:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Voiced408 said:

Highly unlikely. She had too many occasions, both with humans and other giant wolves.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 22, 2009 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:
Voiced408 said:

Highly unlikely. She had too many occasions, both with humans and other giant wolves.

I doubt it too, having lived for over 700 years, and considering .. for example, the mating tendencies among wolves, not to mention that she's also been running around in her human form.
Aug 22, 2009 2:03 PM

Feb 2009
chumchurum said:
i didn't think the cloaked figure was a female either <.<

I can't help but think it's Amarty stalking them.
Aug 22, 2009 4:21 PM

May 2007
Wow...Lawrence was flirting like there was no tomorrow.
Aug 23, 2009 12:52 AM

Jul 2008
a really nice pace ep. after that insane arc its ok to cool it a bit off.

Aug 23, 2009 1:51 AM

May 2009
Loved it.

Especially the staircase bit.
Aug 23, 2009 5:38 AM

Oct 2008
I'm with everyone else who thinks Lawrence needs to get the hint. That little tail wag when they went up to the room wasn't asking for a compliment, it was saying come here. Proof? The look she gave him in the morning when he didn't come to bed, and his over-willingness to buy her whatever she wanted to eat. The sexual tension is great. I was worried about this show when I watched the first episode, but I watch the rest up this episode last night and I also think that this season is on pare if not better than last season. I promise to watch religiously from now on. I don't know if this was discussed in a previous forum but Mazui's subs timing was off quit a few times. I'm switching to SFW.
Aug 23, 2009 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
to the ones who read my volume 4 review, no probs ^_^ as for horo being a virgin... hmm highly unlikely... man they really need to up the relationship between horo and lawrence... teasing is fine but if it goes on for 20 volumes or more... -_-
Aug 23, 2009 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
This was kinda like a filler episode but I'm glad that they are introducing new characters.
Aug 23, 2009 8:14 AM

May 2007
This episode really gave me a Kino's Journey vibe, something is not quite right with the town and it will take a bit to figure it out.

Love that Horo and Lawrence are almost there, just don't know what they could do with the story if they actually do do it.
My anime list
Aug 23, 2009 9:07 AM

May 2008
Dang, look at Lawrence now ;D Flirty.

Aug 23, 2009 5:27 PM

May 2008
Wow, Lawrence blushing non-stop made me "d'awwww" all over the place. :} Heh.
Aug 24, 2009 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
The number of Horo/Lawrence actions is so big, that I am so excited! During first season , I was desperately waiting for some romantic scenes with them, but there weren't much of them. Now, I think, it was good - their relationship is developing very naturally. As for me, it happens too rarely in anime, so I'm delighted ^^
I loved the episode, but it is a pity that this blond person is a woman, I wanted a bishounen (Amarty was horrible ><)
Aug 24, 2009 7:04 AM

Feb 2008
Blay said:

- their relationship is developing very naturally. As for me, it happens too rarely in anime, so I'm delighted ^^

I agree. Although there was no real progress storywise, the heartwarming moments between Mr. and Ms. Craft (...wouldnt that be nice) totally compensated for that. ^^

I LoLed. But who wished for a cuddling? Lawrence or Horo?
Overall I had some problems understanding the conversation at that point. Does someone have a clue?

DeathfireD said:
The new girl looks a lot more classy then most characters and normally when they look classy their either people of high class or animals. I wonder if she ran away and is in hiding and the 500 man meeting is really set up to search for her.

Interesting theory.... they also mentioned slave trader at the beginning of the episode!

perseus87 said:

Two important scenes from novel 4 that I was looking forward to:
Aug 24, 2009 9:06 AM

Jun 2008
Dawww I just can't stop smiling anytime there's little flirty moments between them. It's just adorable. Anyway this looks like an interesting arc, with that Shiek look a like from Zelda <3

Everything feels so normal now, it's great.
Aug 24, 2009 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
Kittenia said:
Dawww I just can't stop smiling anytime there's little flirty moments between them. It's just adorable. Anyway this looks like an interesting arc, with that Shiek look a like from Zelda <3

Everything feels so normal now, it's great.

Yup, at all your points there
Aug 24, 2009 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
FTGT said:

Overall I had some problems understanding the conversation at that point. Does someone have a clue?

I also didn't unterstand, what was going on in the beginning, but I suppose some of scenes were flashbacks, though I'm not pretty sure.
Aug 24, 2009 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
FTGT said:

that scene was what Lawrence was thinking (or planning to do but he didnt do it). And it was at the same time what Horo wanted, Lawrence refrained himself from hugging Horo that's why she looked displeased (Horo already said a few times that she wants Lawrence to be more "fiery" like the burning doll)
Aug 24, 2009 3:20 PM
May 2008
The relationship between Holo and Lawrence seemed to improve/deepen by a huge amount in just one episode which was kind of weird considering how little it depth was added from season 1.

Other than those cute scenes it appears that the next arc is already ready to go.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

211 by Ryudrake »»
May 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Sep 16, 2009

133 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.