Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 25, 2014 4:18 AM

Jun 2013
So I read some of the spoilers on the wiki, and apparently the 4th progenitor was actually created by the other 3 and the devas to fight the approach of some entity called cain. Incidentally Asagi is also connected with this individual.

Despite this info, there wasn't even a entry for the individual, so my question is, who is Cain? My guess is that they go the Vampire Masquerade route and that Cain is a. the first and most powerful vamp, and b. is Cain from the Bible, aka Cain and Abel.

Also side question, is the 4th really the strongest? I mean the other 3 made him/her to fight someone they clearly think is strong, but each Progenitor has more familiars than the 4th, with the Lost Warlord having as many as 72.
Feb 25, 2014 1:31 PM
Jul 2013
Kojou's familiars can curb stomp all the other Progenitor's one on one if he were to use his full power. Just because they have more doesn't mean they're stronger, remember, quality over quantity. The Lost Warlord has 72 because he needs 72, whereas Kojou only needs 12. Though, of course, that's just my speculation and is not in any way correct.

Cain is only rumored to exist, I don't think it's ever been said that he does. Though that's just from what I know and this is second-hand knowledge, since I haven't read the novels.
Feb 25, 2014 11:24 PM

Jun 2013
Edon613 said:
Kojou's familiars can curb stomp all the other Progenitor's one on one if he were to use his full power. Just because they have more doesn't mean they're stronger, remember, quality over quantity. The Lost Warlord has 72 because he needs 72, whereas Kojou only needs 12. Though, of course, that's just my speculation and is not in any way correct.

Cain is only rumored to exist, I don't think it's ever been said that he does. Though that's just from what I know and this is second-hand knowledge, since I haven't read the novels.

That is what I thought. I mean Koujo has basically control over all elements, plus a reality warping, time control, etc. So I agree they are probably better one on one.

But I do disagree with one thing. I think the Lost Warlord is the strongest of the 3, and his 72 are legit.

Also apparently ln states that the 3 progen knew of Cain, and Asagi is his priestess so he or she has to exist.
Mar 1, 2014 2:26 AM

Dec 2011

Cain has already being foreshadowed few times in the anime~ ep.12....Yaze and Kensei's conversation, ep.18....Yukina and Vatler's conversation.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Mar 1, 2014 4:19 AM

Jan 2013
Fritzion said:

Cain has already being foreshadowed few times in the anime~ ep.12....Yaze and Kensei's conversation, ep.18....Yukina and Vatler's conversation.

In Vampire lore just as Fritzion mentioned, Cain's curse for the first murder in time by a human (not counting God) is punishment as a "fugitive and wanderer".Cain's curse involves receiving a mark from God, commonly referred to as the mark of Cain.This mark serves as God's promise to Cain for divine protection from premature death, with the stated purpose to prevent anyone from killing him. It is not known what the mark is, but it is assumed that the mark is visible.
Some people believe Cain is the son of the Devil or a Fallen Angel as well. He created the first three vampires, from which came all the other vampires of the world. So maybe Progenitor 1,2,3?
Mar 1, 2014 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
Vooo said:
Fritzion said:

In Vampire lore just as Fritzion mentioned, Cain's curse for the first murder in time by a human (not counting God) is punishment as a "fugitive and wanderer".Cain's curse involves receiving a mark from God, commonly referred to as the mark of Cain.This mark serves as God's promise to Cain for divine protection from premature death, with the stated purpose to prevent anyone from killing him. It is not known what the mark is, but it is assumed that the mark is visible.
Some people believe Cain is the son of the Devil or a Fallen Angel as well. He created the first three vampires, from which came all the other vampires of the world. So maybe Progenitor 1,2,3?

Lol so Strike basically goes the Vampire the Masquerade route. Its an interesting one, though we also have had the first Vamp as Judas and as Vlad. And then we had Lilith as the first demon/witch.

I hope we get a sequel because I don't think we will get far enough in the first 24 eps to even show Cain, let alone any of the progens. I mean it took almost the entire series before they showed a vampire related to someone other than the warlord, let alone an actual progen.

Btw can someone clarify something. Valter is he a biological relation or is he descended from the first through vampirism. Same thing with the other guys. I got the impress that Valter was actually like grandson or something of his, while the rest of his "family" were through vamprism, which would also explain why he is that strong.
Mar 1, 2014 6:04 AM

Dec 2011
krownklown said:
Vooo said:
Fritzion said:

Lol so Strike basically goes the Vampire the Masquerade route. Its an interesting one, though we also have had the first Vamp as Judas and as Vlad. And then we had Lilith as the first demon/witch.

I hope we get a sequel because I don't think we will get far enough in the first 24 eps to even show Cain, let alone any of the progens. I mean it took almost the entire series before they showed a vampire related to someone other than the warlord, let alone an actual progen.

Btw can someone clarify something. Valter is he a biological relation or is he descended from the first through vampirism. Same thing with the other guys. I got the impress that Valter was actually like grandson or something of his, while the rest of his "family" were through vamprism, which would also explain why he is that strong.

Vatler is a direct descendant of the lost warlord/first primogenitor, maybe grandson or great grandson and so on.

primogenitor - anscestor/father of vampire
direct descendant - born from the primogenitor's lineage
2nd generation - former human turned into a vampire through vampirism by a primogenitor
Mar 1, 2014 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
Fritzion said:
krownklown said:
Vooo said:
Fritzion said:

Vatler is a direct descendant of the lost warlord/first primogenitor, maybe grandson or great grandson and so on.

primogenitor - anscestor/father of vampire
2nd generation - former human turned into a vampire through vampirism by a primogenitor

cool thanks for the clarification.
Mar 2, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2011
krownklown said:
Fritzion said:
krownklown said:

primogenitor - ancestor/father of vampire

cool thanks for the clarification.

In strike the blood, primogenitors defy some rules about vampires. Normally a child of a vampire and a human will be called a dhampir~ half human/vampire but in strike the blood, if the vampire is a primogenitor their child will be a pure-blood vampire.
Mar 29, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
Oh I read some good info here :D not even sure will we even get the chance to see him though.
ShanaFlameMar 29, 2014 10:17 PM
Mar 30, 2014 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
hopefully baka tsuki will update the light novel faster, so even if we get no sequel, we at least can read it.
Jul 17, 2015 4:14 AM
Jul 2015
I'm just wondering , if Asagi is a "Priestess of Cain" and Kojou was created to fight Cain, doesn't that imply that they will eventually be enemies? I really hope she doesn't have a complete personality reboot when Cain shows up , and she becomes some brain dead servant. I like her too much to see her go out like that.
Oct 23, 2017 10:10 PM
Oct 2017
This is only a guess of mine about the 72 familiars of the 1st primogenitor but I think that 72 familiar is based on King Solomon's 72 demons. Not sure its just a guess of mine XD

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.