Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2008 12:00 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this episode. After watching parts of a bunch of the older WMT series, it's really interesting to see modern animation techniques used to mimic the old WMT style. The beautiful painted backgrounds contrast a lot against the characters that are colored flat without any clothing shadows or detail. I haven't seen any Shoujo Cosette, so I don't know if they do this there too, but I found it interesting.

So far this show follows a bunch of the usual WMT themes- young children protagonists, waiting for a parent (in this case the father) to return, events that will result in separation and a long journey. This will probably bore action fans with the slow pacing compared to other modern shows, but I love the whole WMT series, so this familiar set up feels nice to me ^_^

I also liked the background music.
Jan 11, 2008 10:48 PM

Aug 2006
The animation style is definitely interesting, and the backgrounds are really beautifully done. I'll have to get used to the older style characters (unshaded), since it's a bit odd at first, though not entirely too displeasing.

Not quite sure what to make of it overall yet. Being a slice of life it's hard to tell how things will go at first, though It'll be one I'll keep watching for now.
#dontcare
Jan 12, 2008 3:38 AM

Apr 2007
I just hope someone subs this T_T ... and the rest of Les Miserables aswell...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2008 4:18 AM

Jul 2007
So far, this seems to me to be one of the weaker WMT series (I didn't like the book very much, either) but that doesn't make it bad. I'm quite enjoying it.

Siing said:
I just hope someone subs this T_T ... and the rest of Les Miserables aswell...

Word, yo.

oh, these little earthquakes
Dec 20, 2008 12:00 PM

Apr 2007
Is there hope yet for an English translation?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2009 4:23 AM

Jul 2007
HOLY CRAP SUBS.

I just almost choked on my toast.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 8, 2009 12:11 AM

Apr 2007
First episode was typical of a WMT series. I enjoyed the music but the animation seemed a bit weird. Nothing I can't get used to thou. Porfy apologizing to his mother was hilarious, a bit too cheesy for my liking, but it passed. Hoping these subbers can continue for the whole show.
Jul 11, 2016 7:52 PM

Jul 2011
I don't know how to feel about the stark contract of characters and background...

But wow, that opening totally caught me off guard! So catchy! Feels like an OP for a fantasy.
I've watched a few other WMT ones, but none have an OP like this. o.o

Sad to see this series have so few users and such a low rank. D:
MirorinJul 11, 2016 7:57 PM
Oct 15, 2021 10:13 AM

Jan 2019
An anime set in Greece. Porphy is a restless boy who is very interested in automobiles. It is a very different taste, but this comes from his father, who is in the capital doing his job. I like this rural setting and the pace of the show, so it seems to be a likable show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 50 Discussion

Akai_Shuichi - Sep 12, 2017

1 by Supercuecaaa »»
Mar 10, 2021 10:01 AM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 43 Discussion

Mirorin - Sep 11, 2016

2 by Supercuecaaa »»
Mar 9, 2021 6:34 AM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 30 Discussion

--Phantom - Jan 22, 2021

1 by amarcioz »»
Jan 22, 2021 9:52 AM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 52 Discussion

Akai_Shuichi - Sep 12, 2017

2 by amarcioz »»
Jan 21, 2021 5:16 PM

Poll: » Porphy no Nagai Tabi Episode 23 Discussion

--Phantom - Jan 20, 2021

1 by amarcioz »»
Jan 21, 2021 5:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.