Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2009 3:50 AM

Aug 2008
this came 6 ep overdue. While the subtle changes each time were amusing, I can't say that it was entirely enjoyable to go through all of them.

Speaking of homework, back to studying biochem. \o/
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Aug 7, 2009 4:11 AM

Dec 2008
phew, at last.
lets keep our fingers crossed that this anime wouldn't dissapoint us any further
yohohohoho, i've just wasted your time dude.
Aug 7, 2009 4:21 AM

Apr 2008
WOOHHHH can celebrate xD finally the endless summer is over !

Aug 7, 2009 4:44 AM

Jul 2009
crappy ending for a crappy arc
Aug 7, 2009 4:53 AM

Sep 2007
asdf1248 said:
Kyon's royal flush was win.

Only because it consisted of Spades.
Aug 7, 2009 4:59 AM
Jul 2009
Man I lol'd at Asahina's bawwwing. She sure went all-out this time.
Aug 7, 2009 4:59 AM

Oct 2007
I like to dedicate this moment to all the haruhi fans who killed themselves in the Endless Eight progress, may thysouls floorish in haruhi heaven.
Aug 7, 2009 5:13 AM

Jun 2008
Need moar Endless Eight. Need moar yukata scenes. Need moar bikini scenes.

For all of you who were/are bitching about the arc, guess what, you got punk'd. The rest of us just sat back and enjoyed it, smiling at the arc and seeing you guys light your hair on fire.

Rule #1, if you didn't pay for it, you have nothing to complain about.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 7, 2009 5:14 AM

May 2008
I actually enjoyed it. Not saying it was amazing or genius, but it was interesting and funny.

Interesting because you rarely get to see so many ways one thing can be adapted. I've always wanted to see something like that. I can't emphasise how little we really get to see so many adaptions of the same thing enough. Nice to see how different people decide to do the same things. And it was funny because KyoAni really had guts to do something like this, and thinking about all the angry idiots was hilarious.

Anyone who got angry at E8 was just an irritable idiot who can't enjoy a good joke, or an interesting idea (or in this case, both). It was a once in a life time thing and I'm sad it's over (though I am looking forward to the rest of S2 as well). And that finale... god damn, that was amazing. Beautiful.

Oh and anyone who says the changes between each episode were 'minor' is wrong. The only thing the same in each episode was what the characters did. The direction, art, animation, voices, music, and everything else were redone every single episode.

[That, and anyone complains about every episode being Yuki-focused is a horrible, horrible person]
Aug 7, 2009 5:21 AM

Jul 2009
nicely done! amazingly detailed animation and even with the over and over again story, it is still fun to watch--as expected from the haruhi show
this has been a loooong wait till it is now over, and i guess I finally get what the producers are trying to hint us(the audience):

If you "dont do the homework" = "NO future"

(for those whose summer vacation just started: GO DO your homework now! stop wasting time like the noob Kyon did or there might be no future for the whole world...)
Aug 7, 2009 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

Kyon finally spits it out, after 8 eps... DX LOL@epic music in that scene

I wonder what the next ep is....

sbyrstall said:

Now I wonder what they'll do with the DVD releases. It'd majorly suck if they have 2 disks of EE, which means you'd actually have to pay for them (like if you want to get the box set or something)
Aug 7, 2009 6:17 AM

Jun 2008
MapleRose said:
IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

Kyon finally spits it out, after 8 eps... DX LOL@epic music in that scene

I wonder what the next ep is....

sbyrstall said:

Now I wonder what they'll do with the DVD releases. It'd majorly suck if they have 2 disks of EE, which means you'd actually have to pay for them (like if you want to get the box set or something)

It will depend on the rest of the season AND if they put in season 1 as part of the package.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 7, 2009 6:17 AM

May 2009
THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE

no actually I've loved it from the start.

Funny fanrage and trolls aside, it finally ends. Now we can resume watching, not trolling.
reb3llistAug 7, 2009 6:39 AM
Aug 7, 2009 6:24 AM
Apr 2009
I was able to enjoy Endless Eight only from the moment when I decided that I,d have as little expectations as possible. How could that be positive? I mean, we,re supposed to expect great things from an anime like that.

This iteration is not my favorite but it's the one where the feelings expressed by the characters were showed the best. I guess that it's fitting that it's the last one.

I,m releived that it's finished now. Thou the experiement and the experience were interesting, the scenario will progress only in the next episodes and the wait for that was too long.

I just hope that no one in the industry will decide to do the same thing... jeez I bet that next year, some anime will do an endless loop... for some episodes, just to proove that it's fun and that they can do it.

che
Aug 7, 2009 6:26 AM
Feb 2009
It's over ♥♥♥

Though it was funny that this version of Mikuru crying was cute. :p And Haruhi's face after kyon was yelling :) Oh, and Koizumi's face after seeing Kyon's hand at poker was cute as well :3
Aug 7, 2009 6:37 AM

Oct 2007
ABOUT TIME!
Aug 7, 2009 6:39 AM

May 2009
I am in the hope of an anime so creative that they're going to waste all their episodes re-playing a summer holiday :D

I'd be damned if it came true.
Aug 7, 2009 6:46 AM

Aug 2007
Wow.... everything was the same apart from the last 5 minutes.
How utterly useless.....
Aug 7, 2009 6:46 AM

Jun 2009

When Haruhi said, that the cicadas might come back one day to return them favors, i guess they did.....(helped kyon breaking the loop, somehow)

After all, we must remember that, this is a world of Haruhi Suzumiya = every word Haruhi says, no matter how nonsense it sounds, it IS the truth! :-)
snowgreenAug 7, 2009 8:53 AM
Aug 7, 2009 6:56 AM

Jan 2008
MapleRose said:
IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!
Aug 7, 2009 6:59 AM

Aug 2007
fuck yes

Aug 7, 2009 7:02 AM

Jul 2009
Happy it's over but I can't believe it was saved by doing their homework together :P
Epic cheese
Aug 7, 2009 7:03 AM

Aug 2008
Ahhhhh

Looks like I won't need to burn religious texts afterall
One more Desu out of you and you're a china pancake, got it?
Aug 7, 2009 7:05 AM
Jul 2009
Lvhina said:
idiot fanboys overjoyed.

Well what the fuck did you expect ? Fanboys to be underjoyed ? Dumbass.

Anyone who got angry at E8 was just an irritable idiot who can't enjoy a good joke, or an interesting idea

Or maybe some of us didn't particularly appreciate having to wait 8 weeks to see the conclusion of a minor story. They should have finished Endless Eight in 3 episodes total so we could have got more new Haruhi.
With that said I somewhat enjoyed watching the 8 episodes because I knew each episode would be slightly different. (Different scenes, music, angles, etc).
I liked the music they played during the Arc (excellent choices), I liked seeing a lot of the activities they did,etc. Overall waiting 8 weeks to see the conclusion pissed me off but I'm still a die-hard Haruhi fan and I appreciate the individuality of each episode.(I also appreciate the fact that Haruhi is the only anime with 8 different episodes that portray more-or-less the same events.
Looking forward to a brand new episode next week. Cheers Haruhi fans.
Aug 7, 2009 7:08 AM

May 2009
Osaka117 said:
But anyway, if EE is really bothering you, think of it this way. In the future, you can say you took part in the biggest scandal to rock the anime world. You're little Otaku grandchildren will be sitting on your knee as you recall the tale of the horrors of the biggest hiccup in anime history. And you can say that you were there.

I for one embrace every second of EE, so I can say in the future how I remembered every second of it. EE is pretty much the anime version of Hitler. Some liked him, many hated him, but EVERYONE will remember him.

From another thread here
Aug 7, 2009 7:12 AM

Nov 2007
It is finally over, after all the anguish.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 7, 2009 7:16 AM

Feb 2009
I didn't get what was this homework thing about

I mean,by what damned logic...
Aug 7, 2009 7:16 AM

Sep 2007
kuroshiroi said:
It was a dream guys, EE will continue next week.

That would be great.

lizzy234moo said:
Anyways~ Glad it's over. It's was killing the series. >.>

Was? It did kill the series.

Also, it had a pretty crappy ending for having to sit through 8 episodes of crap.

Aug 7, 2009 7:17 AM

Jun 2008
I laughed at reading the first page of posts on this topic...

I'm sooooo glad Endless Eight is finally over...and I loved how Haruhi acted when Kyon decided they should do homework. That moment was priceless.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Aug 7, 2009 7:19 AM

May 2009
crap is fun though : /
Aug 7, 2009 7:23 AM

Jan 2008
GAME OVER!!!

wasn't a funny game tho...
Aug 7, 2009 7:26 AM
Jul 2009
Can the producers talk to the audience with a straight face anymore after all this?

I'm happy it ended, just if only it frees a time spot for other animes.
Aug 7, 2009 7:27 AM

May 2008
why the heck are ppl posting before the airing date =.= power of haruhism lols

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 7, 2009 7:34 AM
Jul 2009
xanusuri said:
Was? It did kill the series.

Oh noez I didn't know the series was dead. Guess I won't watch next week's episode then.
Aug 7, 2009 7:39 AM

Mar 2009
Kyon, finally! Hero!
Aug 7, 2009 8:00 AM

Sep 2007
Valashu said:
I like to dedicate this moment to all the haruhi fans who killed themselves in the Endless Eight progress, may thy souls floorish in haruhi heaven

...where summer continues to repeat endlessly
Aug 7, 2009 8:13 AM

May 2008
FUCK YES. IT'S OVER. IT'S FINALLY OVER. KYON DID HIS H/W AND STOPPED HER. OH YES. OH GOD YES.

...15,531 times worth? It BETTER be done for good. Then again that was 8 episodes...so it's done I'm sure.

I didn't really give two shits about the new outfits :/ It's pointless to be going "LOL OMG NEW SWIMSUITS AND KIMONO'S LOLOLOL." Seriously, so what? It's just another "fan service" troll by KyoAni.

I was crying and banging my head against the screen when Kyon actually, and FINALLY got up and was all "FUCK THIS SHIT. LET'S DO OUR HOMEWORK." Happy times.

...Btw...nice poker hand, Kyon. Very nice. That's the only reward you'll be getting since it took you 15,531 times to realize you should DO YOUR HOMEWORK...and stop Haruhi.

Oh and..I think Mikuru cried 10x as worse in this episode..like she KNEW it was finally going to be finished. Oh right..

StarPebblitAug 7, 2009 8:30 AM

Aug 7, 2009 8:20 AM
Apr 2009
For a second there, I thought it was going to go to a tenth episode. Unfortunately, I already knew the ending already because someone posted it in another thread w/o spoiler tags and I read it by mistake. >_<
So I didn't enjoy the ending that much. I was glad to see them finally back in the club room though.
Aug 7, 2009 8:29 AM

Sep 2008
ITS FINALLY FUCKING OVER, PRAISE THE GOD OF HARUHISM!

Now i can finally wait for the dissapearance, which better be freaking good after what we just went through.

God how i hate you KyoAni...
Aug 7, 2009 8:42 AM

Jul 2008
IT ENDS =D
lolz at his hand too bad he didnt bet XD
cant wait for next episode something that is finally different XD
Aug 7, 2009 9:05 AM

Mar 2008
It's over!!
Aug 7, 2009 9:08 AM

Mar 2009
YESYESYESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

I was so happy when I saw that it was finally OVER.
Aug 7, 2009 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
wow finally i can buy now all the endless crap arc ...
Aug 7, 2009 10:04 AM

Feb 2009
Omg Haruhi is such a caring girlfriend, repeating time until she could have helped Kyon out with his homework. She also made some adorable faces in the cafe. Also also also Koizumi <3
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Aug 7, 2009 10:12 AM

Mar 2009
tsukasa-L said:

Now i can finally wait for the dissapearance, which better be freaking good after what we just went through.

that's assuming there'll be a disappearance arc

keep in mind that there are only three episodes left in this season, so unless it goes over into next season, we're stuck with whatever kyoani decides to put into those three episodes. somehow i doubt it'll be disappearance.
Aug 7, 2009 10:12 AM
Jul 2009
Everyone's happy now that EE has finally ended.

Imagine KyoAni makes it repeat again just for the lulz.
Aug 7, 2009 10:32 AM

Feb 2009
It was Endless EIGHT after all.
Aug 7, 2009 10:46 AM

Jun 2009
audiodoll said:
tsukasa-L said:

that's assuming there'll be a disappearance arc

keep in mind that there are only three episodes left in this season, so unless it goes over into next season, we're stuck with whatever kyoani decides to put into those three episodes. somehow i doubt it'll be disappearance.

Who said there was only going to be only 12 episodes in this season?
Even so, I'm down on hope of anything good anyways.
Aug 7, 2009 10:52 AM
Mar 2009
THEY BROKE THRU!!! HURRAH!!! YES!!!

2 pair vs. Royal Flush NICE

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Aug 7, 2009 10:53 AM

Feb 2009
I am so freaking happy damn it I thought it would never end! All Kyon had to do is complain about his unfinished homework!
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1538 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 8:25 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.