Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 28, 2009 6:11 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Removed
xanusuriDec 24, 2015 5:43 AM

Aug 27, 2009 7:27 AM

Jun 2009
usually, I don't support those who pull the string...

but this episode, I'm kinda leaning toward she should have pulled it earlier... but the thing is pulling the string after all the dogs have died kinda kill the purpose...

mixed reaction really.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 4:02 AM

Aug 2009
I've noticed Hajime is pretty misunderstood.. He's not trying to 'push his righteousness' onto people, but he's trying to get them to realize that there are BETTER ways to solve a problem then to just up and send them to hell, sacrificing your own soul in the process.

And I agree with him 90% of the time.

Why kill this crazy woman and send yourself to hell if everyone you tried to save is gone already? She'd be punished justly by the court system, so what was the point of ruining any chance of ever seeing your dogs again when you pass on?
Sep 19, 2009 7:51 PM

Aug 2009
Why the fuck would you sell your soul just for dogs? I mean, you could have just buy another two or something.

And Hajime is the good guy here. I agree, he's trying to get them to realize that there are better ways to solve a problem.
Nov 23, 2009 1:05 PM
Nov 2009
xanusuri said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
That guy really needs to stop messing in hellgirl's business. She's getting rid of bad people and he's just trying to make himself feel good by pushing his righteousness.
Sent with Mal Updater
What all emma ai is trying to do is get souls! if someone curses someone she get a 2 for 1 deal, I think the reporter helps make the battle of Good vs evil
Dec 5, 2009 6:40 PM

Oct 2009
That was painful to watch... I feel bad for the little girl (didn't catch her name)

Moonfrost said:
Why the fuck would you sell your soul just for dogs? I mean, you could have just buy another two or something.

The dogs were her best friend. She didn't have many friends and her parents where always out. She needed something to love and that fat bitch ruined it.
Mar 21, 2010 1:09 AM

Aug 2008
She could have just grabbed those two dogs and make a run for it, best if the old hag is sleeping! I mean afterall she's a limping fat old lady.
Apr 30, 2010 4:03 AM
Jun 2009
Moonfrost said:

And Hajime is the good guy here. I agree, he's trying to get them to realize that there are better ways to solve a problem.

I take it you have never owned a dog

darkerealm said:
She could have just grabbed those two dogs and make a run for it, best if the old hag is sleeping! I mean afterall she's a limping fat old lady.

The bitch was faking her injury. Plus she was a little girl who was intimidated.
May 20, 2010 6:37 AM

Oct 2009
xanusuri said:
That guy really needs to stop messing in hellgirl's business. She's getting rid of bad people and he's just trying to make himself feel good by pushing his righteousness.
Sent with Mal Updater

He's trying to save people from regretting pulling the strings, MOST OF THE TIME there are ways to resolve problems that are possilble via means that do not require you to suffer for eternity in Hell.

I agree that the string should have been pulled earlier since it was pulled anyways, and I agree that the little girl could have done so much more. Well, she was in a position where she was psychiaticaly oppressed; she loved those dogs so much that the though of her dogs being killed severely affected her decision making.

Evidence with the boost in self-esteem when she got the doll; although the birth of the puppies took over again afterwards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2010 1:40 PM

Dec 2009
Ok, the girl in this episode was a total idiot ... that woman was slow as a snail and as smart as a sh*t , was it so hard to take the dogs when she wasn't looking? or to talk to her parents to come when she can take the dog's from the hag's reach ?
When she pulled the string at the end was worthless ... WTF ? the dogs were already dead and the fat old crazy woman was going to rot in jail ... Stupid much ?

Moonfrost said:

I don't know if you had one or not but you can get very attached to a pet and that's not something you can buy at a store ...
Oct 14, 2010 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
yeah you get attached to dogs I wouldnt want to lose my pets either D: would sadden me ...
but it is weird afterwards ...she would already be punished anyway ... sad girl
Oct 17, 2010 3:09 PM

Sep 2009
Not that I want the girl's soul condemned to Hell
but if she was gonna pull it anyway, shouldve been earlier.

And I think this is what pushed her to do it in the end after all.
When she saw the drowned puppies she felt helpless and angry knowing she cudve stopped it
And she wanted to at least be the one delivering punishment to the woman in the end

Anyone who's ever owned a pet can understand.
Poster saying to buy more dogs is an idiot.
Although the girl rly cudve done more to SAVE them I guess she felt trapped.
Dec 26, 2010 8:21 PM

Jan 2010
Salmissra said:
Not that I want the girl's soul condemned to Hell
but if she was gonna pull it anyway, shouldve been earlier.

And I think this is what pushed her to do it in the end after all.
When she saw the drowned puppies she felt helpless and angry knowing she cudve stopped it
And she wanted to at least be the one delivering punishment to the woman in the end

Anyone who's ever owned a pet can understand.
Poster saying to buy more dogs is an idiot.
Although the girl rly cudve done more to SAVE them I guess she felt trapped.

This .. If she pulled the string earlier she might saved her dog and the puppies :(
Feb 18, 2011 1:34 AM

Oct 2008
...MAN. CALL THE DAMN POLICE OR SOMETHING. TRIP HER AND RUN AWAY WITH THE DOGS.

Sigh.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 26, 2011 8:27 PM
Oct 2008
what the f... Man that girl was retarded
May 14, 2011 8:51 PM

May 2010
What the hell si wrong with that woman?

Doesn't the girl realize now that the mother is dead, there is absolutely no way the puppies are going to live??? I mean cmon

Also who is that giant infant on the car?
ConfuciusMay 14, 2011 8:57 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 10, 2011 8:20 PM
Oct 2009
Tsugumi and Hajime are seriously getting on my nerves. They're totally ruining the series. I want to see more Team Hell Girl action! Not some little girl seeing visions/acting possessed and some guy trying to play hero!
Aug 27, 2011 9:01 PM

Aug 2011
Confucius said:

Also who is that giant infant on the car?

Sep 30, 2011 3:00 PM

Feb 2009
Hajime is soooo fuchkin useless! Knowing that the girl has prolly contancted Hell Girl,why didn't he just ask her what was going on...but noooo,why do that. He's so annoying,bah.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 6, 2011 3:24 PM

Mar 2009
technophile said:
I've noticed Hajime is pretty misunderstood.. He's not trying to 'push his righteousness' onto people, but he's trying to get them to realize that there are BETTER ways to solve a problem then to just up and send them to hell, sacrificing your own soul in the process.

And I agree with him 90% of the time.

Why kill this crazy woman and send yourself to hell if everyone you tried to save is gone already? She'd be punished justly by the court system, so what was the point of ruining any chance of ever seeing your dogs again when you pass on?

I couldn't finish watching this episode. Some people might think I'm stupid or silly for it, however I love animals, and the first one about the dog "Candy"(was watching eng dub- not sure if it was the dogs name in Japanese version) was bad enough. I'm afraid of dogs, because I was attacked about 4 times when I was a child, one time my leg and my right hand were ripped up really badly by a bulldog and then a rottweiler when I was 5 and then 6- they were dogs that belonged to friends(unprovoked), the other 2 times weren't so bad- and I provoked them because I was a toddler and I pushed things.
But even though I'm afraid of them, I still really love most dogs (Though I tend to steer clear of bull dogs and rottweilers as some can imagine)... and after Yuki's situation I figured the other one (Pinky) would go the same way and that she's pull the string too late.... so I just couldn't stomach that. But yeah, she should have pulled the string sooner, like, right after the B!^@h took her dogs and threatened to kill them the first time. I would have gone and either turned her in or gone to Ai sooner, personally. It seemed from what I watched that everyone believed the old witch was nasty from what I watched so going to the police would have done the job at the start from what I saw.
It was a situation from what I could tell, that needed jail and justice, rather than Ai- I'd rather be with my pets when I die then to suffer for all eternity for not being able to save them.

XxMalcolm said:
Moonfrost said:

I take it you have never owned a dog

@Moonfrost: That was a thoughtless comment and I don't tend to think much of people who think like that.
Every living thing has a soul, and there for should NOT be tortured or killed so freely.
Every life is precious. And I don't say that because I'm some religious wacko or what have you.
I say that from my experience. What if you were killed or tortured and gone and someone told your friends or parents "so what, just get another kid/friend/sibling".
Animals have rights as will and fell just as much as we do.

@XxMalcolm: made me feel better when I saw that comment though I couldn't believe someone would even say it to start.... was a really thoughtless comment.....
windeen-windyNov 6, 2011 4:08 PM
Dec 11, 2011 11:02 PM

Aug 2011
That girl was fucking retarded. She should've asked her mom what to do. And she should've pulled the damn string earlier. GAWD you're stupid.
Jan 19, 2012 10:29 PM

Sep 2010
How extraordinarily pitiful. I don't think she can be blamed for not pulling the string earlier; nobody is a fortune teller, and it was her soul at stake. I think pulling the string was almost instinctual and she wasn't in her right mind when she did it. However, I did find it quite annoying that she could have easily run off with her dogs in the first place...
Jan 24, 2012 8:44 PM

Jan 2012
Gah the girl frustrated me in this episode D: if she was going to pull the string then you do it when the first dog was killed (which was bad enough) I mean as much as I wanted to see that old bitch burn in hell, the girl dosen't deserve that.. even if she was a complete idiot.. the courts would have just locked her away and thrown away the key, there was no real point in pulling it at the very end.. she still has no dogs, and now she's going to hell when she dies :/
Jan 28, 2012 10:28 AM

Dec 2009
Karasuchan said:
Ok, the girl in this episode was a total idiot ... that woman was slow as a snail and as smart as a sh*t , was it so hard to take the dogs when she wasn't looking? or to talk to her parents to come when she can take the dog's from the hag's reach ?
When she pulled the string at the end was worthless ... WTF ? the dogs were already dead and the fat old crazy woman was going to rot in jail ... Stupid much ?

Well If I was in the girls situation at the end I probably would of done the same thing. I would of rather of had the fat bitch suffer in hell for all of eternity than be alive, even if she was sent to rot in jail.
Mar 13, 2012 9:29 PM

Feb 2008
The girl was absolutely retarded in this episode, and to top it off, there's the asshole woman, this episode was just another typical jigoku shoujo episode. There are a VERY small amount of occasions in which pulling the string is the only choice, and this one was not one of them.

People are saying that they would've pulled the string in her case and I find that ridiculous. Yes the dogs were her best friends but how would it feel to know for the rest of your life that your destiny is set in stone, and that no matter what you do you have an ETERNAL life of pain and suffering waiting for you? Sorry, I'd rather cry for a few years over the dogs and live out my life happily.

Just my 2 cents.
May 15, 2012 10:30 PM

Feb 2012
Oh hey, an irrational, overreacting middle/high school girl. It's just another episode of Jigoku Shoujo.

The amount of potential being squandered here is staggering.
Jul 15, 2012 2:39 AM
Jul 2011
I have never been so effing mad at an episode of an anime in my entire life.
I can't believe I actually finished watching it.
This one was terrible.
I cried through the whole thing.

Who does that?
Who in the hell does that to animals or people or anything?
People are terrible.
Aug 6, 2012 5:46 PM

May 2012
Fuck intense episode! This person really deserved to go to hell! What a greedy woman killing all those living things just for money...
Sep 6, 2012 4:04 AM

Jun 2010
F*cking disgusting animal abuser b*tch

The girl should've stabbed that piece of rotting vomit with a kitchen knife. And she wouldn't even go to jail cause she's underage!

Anitnelav said:
...MAN. CALL THE DAMN POLICE OR SOMETHING. TRIP HER AND RUN AWAY WITH THE DOGS.

THIS also^

I really hate this kind of crap. If I see any other animal suffering-centered episode my rating for this show will drop to 1/10
Sep 14, 2012 11:55 PM

Apr 2011
I did not like the pacing of this episode at all. The heroine this time, was weak and stupid. She could of save the mother and the puppies, if she pulled it. What her mind set? Can't she look further into the future and pre-plan things? That evil fat woman, will never let you go! Geez.

Not a bad episode, but the girl piss me off more than the fat woman...
Moonfrost said:

I thought we killed this lady, this episode already? Oh wait.
Feb 23, 2013 7:12 PM

Oct 2012
When i saw the puppies in the bathtub I got a subconscious thought about how we could all treat dogs much better. The girl was stupid she had like 50 chances to escape with both the adult dogs, and then some with just Pinky and the puppies.
Jun 16, 2013 6:39 PM

Jun 2012
don't understand why she didn't talk to any one first it could have saved allot of sh*t. but I guess she was pretty young and she might not have thought of such things because she was to scarred. then she not make the deal cause she knew about her soul but after she also killed the puppies I think her mind went blank and she did it on instinct and to be honest this fat woman deserved it to rot in hell.
RobertovkJun 18, 2013 1:35 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jun 17, 2013 10:25 AM

Jan 2012
Most of the string puller are always so stupid, and this one is extra stupid.

Hajime once again useless. He could have easily snatched that straw doll away from her the first time he sees it but all he did was standing there and shout "stop" as she pulls it.

I'm really getting tired of how unrealistically stupid people are in this show.
Jul 17, 2013 3:03 PM
Aug 2012
wow, i didnt think it was going to get worse than the first episode, but i was physically mad at that bitch. im so glad that girl pulled the string
Aug 15, 2013 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
... i named my dog pinky ._.
if that old bitch took my dogs i would've called the police right away on her fat ass :|
god dammit every single human in this show's either retarded or an asshole, except for tsugumi >:|
gah fuck this episode
it's not possible for the people that call jigoku shoujo to be such stupid pussies @_@

oh the silly things you find on the internet
Sep 7, 2013 9:41 PM

Apr 2012
B-chan911 said:
Tsugumi and Hajime are seriously getting on my nerves. They're totally ruining the series. I want to see more Team Hell Girl action! Not some little girl seeing visions/acting possessed and some guy trying to play hero!
Amen i hate that guy.. hes ruining the show. the first 7 or so episodes where it explained the problem then took time to show them playing with the damned soul was great. why did they have to add this guy and his daughter...
Sep 22, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
The girl didn't tell anyone because she was afraid her dogs were going to be killed because they had bitten someone. Even if she had run away with the dogs, that horrible woman could have gone to her parents and taken action against the dogs for biting her. She was a meek little girl who thought she had made a huge mistake and she was trying to take responsibility for it. Perhaps she was also afraid of her parents' reaction. I felt really sorry for her. :(
Jan 21, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
I guess I'm one of the few that actually loves the Shibata's. I personally think that they are "doing the right thing." I mean, Hajime obviously values life since he wants to save the "victims" life and quite possibly the adversary also. I don't understand all the hate around him. Yes, he does get "stupid" sometimes, but overall, he is trying his best to save people.

He's the hero those string pullers deserve, but not who they need.
Jan 25, 2014 2:12 AM

Oct 2013
I girl was so stupid I was near rage mode.
Feb 6, 2014 8:55 PM

Mar 2013
The likeness for the Shibata's seem to be split down the middle.
Me, I like Tsugumi and I agree with what Hajime is trying to do - there are better ways to solve your problems, It's upsetting how he always fails, but what can you do? He is dealing to morons who don't know how to properly deal with their problems; they all just go "you're an arse, I hate you, you mad me mad, go to hell..." but I find hajime extremely annoying when it comes to his attempts, I mean seriously COME ON when he has a good chance to help someone he does nothing til the end. >:[

lunarsensitive said:
The girl didn't tell anyone because she was afraid her dogs were going to be killed because they had bitten someone. Even if she had run away with the dogs, that horrible woman could have gone to her parents and taken action against the dogs for biting her. She was a meek little girl who thought she had made a huge mistake and she was trying to take responsibility for it. Perhaps she was also afraid of her parents' reaction. I felt really sorry for her. :(

^ This I agree so much.

plus didn't the girl say that she tried telling her parents but they didn't believe her? (parents... smh)
I just wish she didn't pull the string afterwards, Hajime should of just taken the doll from her. That crazy lady would of gone to hell anyway via death penalty (probably) for the three people and 5 dogs she just killed :T So her pulling that string would of done nothing but continue her own suffering.

Feb 8, 2014 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
This episode to me was quite painful, it made me feel the incapability of the little girl to react.
I really like Hajime-chan and his daughter, really.

What Hajime is trying to achieve is fully right, there is always a way to get your revenge properly.
Revenge is a bad, but righteous feeling, it's obvious that if you get a physical or psychological injury from a selfish and more sadic person than you, a weaker being than him/her, want to take revenge.
So is for that reason that you cannot blame every people for put their hopes on Jigoku Shoujo, when they seem to not find any way out, everyone at their matter.

Plus, I still don't believe Enma Ai does it for the merely taste to, I still believe that she is somewhat forced to, I dunno.
But I do believe that do that Jigoku thing made her quite cinic and apatic, even realistic sometimes.

PS: Tsugumi is sooooooo cute!
May 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2011
Rather unfortunate case, but still stupid how much of an "evil" the series made the woman out to be.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 15, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
Gone__Forever__ said:

I disagree he's trying to make people realize that sending people including yours isn't the way to go .......there are better ways of dealing with the problems.......... in fact all the characters who have pulled the string are all idiots .........Well I would say that to this point out of all of them are idiots .....except

The ones who was about to he killed
The stalker
The ante
The crazy woman who killed

He has a point there's no reason for them to condemn someone to hell like

The major
The girl who lost her pet dog
The twin

They made a stupid mistake ........the major didn't do anything. The twin wanted everything her own way and it was the guy who was whipping her, the girl who lost her dog..........It's a dog.....Yes I understand the lose of a pet but it's a dog not someone who was going to kill ya like the stalker...........it was an idiot move

Sorry but I'm on the guys side who's trying to stop hell girl
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
May 16, 2014 12:14 AM

Aug 2010
Well, putting aside how terrible and stupid the episode was, I really wonder how Hajime asked that guy to investigate the girl.

Hajime: Hello, I'm a man in my late 20's/early 30's and there is this 16 year old girl I want you to find out everything about.

Comedy gold right there.
Jul 1, 2014 8:18 AM
Dec 2013
Yeah, she should've just ran, but then remind yourself that she's about 13, since they mentioned her being in the first year of middle school. Do most 13 year olds have the capability to solve problems on their own while being psychologically oppressed?

I noticed that some people on this forums never had a dog, or any sort of pet.

Ugh, it's almost narcissistic of Shibata to think just a common person like him can stop a force like Jigoku Shojo that's been around for at least four centuries, but probably way longer. How big does he think he is? And the little girl is starting to notice his obsession.

Hell Girl is bringing down scum, while others are harming innocents. Why doesn't Shibata try to attack those people who are harming innocents, instead of Hell Girl who's sort of a vigilante.
Jul 1, 2014 8:20 AM
Dec 2013
Gone__Forever__ said:

I sort of want to see Tsugumi become friends with Enma, but after a while I'm starting to dislike her because I really hate the father trying to act like the good guy. Let Hell Girl do her job.
Jul 2, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
I think it was sort of dumb for her to have pulled the thread... like come on the lady was already on her way to jail! The episodes are getting more and more complex and interesting, but this one was sort of a set-back!
Sep 26, 2014 10:25 PM

Feb 2013
I don't think her running away with the dogs would have been a good idea, it seemed like the lady was faking her injury and I doubt that little girl would have been able to carry both dog cages out of there without getting noticed and run down by her.

Also people seem to be forgetting that this lady murdered both her parents and her child, she was more dangerous then she appeared. Honestly if the lady had caught the girl trying to run with the dogs she probably would have ended up adding her to the garden lol. (although I think she would have ended up killing her eventually either way)
Shape430Sep 27, 2014 9:35 AM
Oct 3, 2014 11:58 PM

Nov 2013
YES THAT FAT FUCK GOT SENT TO HELL MWAHAHAAHAHA! That woman was the most evil person I've seen in this anime. You have no idea how much I was grinning when she got sent to hell. Hajime once again trying to protect murderers from hell's clutches. I swear that guy is a whole nother level of idiot though that girl was so fucking stupid. She waits to pull the string when she could have saved the mother and her pups then she pulls the string after all her dogs died and she couldn't even save anyone and it hardly matter.
FunnyRatmanOct 4, 2014 12:09 AM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 15 Discussion

thelittlecrow - Nov 23, 2009

47 by Miratrix »»
Jun 5, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

figure8life - Jul 18, 2009

63 by Miratrix »»
Jun 5, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

71 by Miratrix »»
Jun 2, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

79 by JoaoPedru »»
May 13, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

B25Mitch - Nov 2, 2008

72 by JoaoPedru »»
May 13, 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.