Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 3, 2009 8:58 PM
Aug 2009
The First gorish anime I saw was Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and I loved when they were killed it was kind of funny for me but I think the main reason its because there is a killer nature inside of everyone and gore gives you the chance of enjoying with that nature.

Only my opinion... =)
Aug 3, 2009 9:59 PM

Jul 2008
Not sure, but maybe it has to do with stimulating some primitive part of the human brain that regulates violence for survival purposes.
Omae wa mo shindeiru.
Aug 15, 2009 3:50 AM

Jul 2009
too much bio class anyone? XD
Aug 28, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2008
I'm not one that really "loves" bloody/gory anime, but I love deep-realistic-suspensful thinkers which usually includes perversions of the kind. Jin-roh my favorite anime film is extremely gory in parts, there is a scene where a pack of dogs rip apart a girl into her many pieces. But if I were to describe the movie to a person I would mention how it is suspensful, dark and military based. I'm just not turned off by the blood or gore, and when it is used in a tasteful way it really can make a story emotional.
Oct 3, 2009 12:15 AM

Oct 2009
Its just something interesting, Its no different from a slasher movie and tons of people love those.
Its not wierd, its just our thing. Or maybe we are f**ked in the head, whatever the case just dont kill anyone and everything is fine.
-------
I miss the 90's

"Did you just call me retarded?"
..I just diagnosed you 'retarded'. "

Oct 3, 2009 3:56 PM

Aug 2009
humanity defiles itself by making shit too censored, too cute, no blood, no gore, no reality. people get murdered all the time. animals kill eachother over alpha complexes, food, a gutter to sleep in.

blood & gore is only a natural part of life, to censor or hold back from showing this is what i find disgusting.

when you cut open us fellow meatbags, cupcakes and shooting stars don't fall out. showing gore is merely putting that spice of reality that we all need.

violence is natural to all of us. blood runs through our veins. guts & entrails, if not spilled upon the floor, are what keeps us ticking.

why would anyone NOT appreciate something so natural?

plus, blatantly speaking, ultimate chaos-enduced killing sprees get me pretty hot.

the whole 'danger' factor, living so close to the edge that you're inches from falling off, staring at a .45 at point blank range, feeling cold steel press against your throat, the blank, menacing rage that goes through your mind while you're contemplating homicide.. what the hell is more of a rush than that?

violence is the sex. blood & gore is the baby of this sex.
Oct 6, 2009 6:22 PM

Aug 2009
quitearush said:
Realism? There's nothing cleaned up or censored, it's just in you face, not trying to hide anything.

Actually, I feel like this describes why I like it... I don't know. I developed my love over the summer, so I'm still starting out. It's hard to find good gore these days. All blood is turned to black...
Mar 26, 2010 1:21 AM

Nov 2009
I always just assumed it was because I was a bad person :D
Apr 12, 2010 6:34 PM

Jun 2009
the trill and the twisted-ness in us wanting to see some one get hurt because were sadist at some level if we enjoy violence and gore
May 31, 2010 3:37 PM

May 2010
blood and gore are amazing
Jun 6, 2010 9:08 AM

May 2010
leopardskin said:
humanity defiles itself by making shit too censored, too cute, no blood, no gore, no reality. people get murdered all the time. animals kill eachother over alpha complexes, food, a gutter to sleep in.

blood & gore is only a natural part of life, to censor or hold back from showing this is what i find disgusting.

when you cut open us fellow meatbags, cupcakes and shooting stars don't fall out. showing gore is merely putting that spice of reality that we all need.

violence is natural to all of us. blood runs through our veins. guts & entrails, if not spilled upon the floor, are what keeps us ticking.

why would anyone NOT appreciate something so natural?

plus, blatantly speaking, ultimate chaos-enduced killing sprees get me pretty hot.

the whole 'danger' factor, living so close to the edge that you're inches from falling off, staring at a .45 at point blank range, feeling cold steel press against your throat, the blank, menacing rage that goes through your mind while you're contemplating homicide.. what the hell is more of a rush than that?

violence is the sex. blood & gore is the baby of this sex.
WOW O.O that is some DEEP shit you are AMAZING!!!!
Oct 20, 2010 9:09 PM

Jul 2010
i guess i cant handle any other type of b & g, the stuff in real movies makes me feel sick but with anime it is so awesome, plus there are some impossible voilent stuations the anime peeps get into to

Nov 2, 2010 12:33 PM

Dec 2009
My old man made me and my bro watch horror movies when we where young.Evil Dead , Resident Evil etc. I started to loovee it ( not serial killer like ).But with my bro it did not go so well , lets just say he cant sleep in the dark or in dark places or when the door is open. xD
Nov 8, 2010 1:48 AM
Nov 2010
Violence is universal entertainment. EP 4 of Gantz explains that. What draws all of us gore obsessors to it is the psycological dependance. We were facinated by it and just kept on going deeper. For most people, it stops there, but I personally connect on a deeper level. Seeing all kinds of violence, gore and death in anime or in reality is a much needed part of my day. It's not just entertainment, it's a way of life.
Nov 9, 2010 4:33 PM

Jul 2009
Violence is the ultimate means to an end. All laws and people that have worth are backed up by force.

Certain people more keenly recognize this most likely due to their own complexes, and thus have acquired a taste or an appreciation for violence.

Gore is the result of violence, and I perceive it's significance to be that of a trophy or proof of domination or conquest.
Mar 15, 2011 10:38 PM

Jan 2011
because gore looks really (what's that word) fascinating!
I mean when someone's chest is cut open and you see guts and organs flying everywhere it looks rather pretty and detailed and (I know I might sound like a insane person) beautiful
people like it detailed and beautiful right?
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi
Mar 27, 2011 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
i love the human body. Well, i mean, the INNER SIDE from the body. Surgeries, guts and gore and splatter, everything that shows the bloody raw human fleshand organs. Well, i love being sick. btw, i listen to death metal and grindcore, thats another insane gory influence.
Dec 20, 2012 12:54 PM
Apr 2010
Reasons for liking and/or being fascinated by violence:

Curiosity. You don't see that in your every day life or in most movies, but you know it's there and it happens. Of course there's a desire to actually see what things look like.

Adrenaline: Same reason people like roller coasters. It's exciting.

Power/Coping: You can safely come to terms with things, or feel 'above' something scary.

Lack of censorship: It's a quality of its own to have a story that doesn't become unrealistic. In an adventure or horror story, if there isn't blood, it's aggravating to have the story's realism covered up.

Art: Lots of things can be visually and emotionally portrayed with violence and blood. A gory moment is more detailed than a non-gory version of the same scene, so it can be associated with quality and artwork.

My own reasons for enjoying violent and gory stories include, I think, all of the above in some degree.
"No matter what the reason is, where humans are involved, there is no black or white, no justice or evil. There is only our will." - Oz, Pandora Hearts

"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think. Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analyzing the reasons behind it." - Lacie, Pandora Hearts

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Freedom is the dignity of men." - Captain Harlock
Jan 4, 2014 1:03 PM
Apr 2013
I love gore when people are suffering and they are so afraid of dying and all that blood just make me happy in a way can't really explain it just love it.
Jan 19, 2014 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
it's the dark atmosphere which attracts me, the violence and the gruesome pictures which don't censure anything. If there is a really good story and a fascinating art, i get excited and i feel the adrenaline :3 and horror/gore mangas are not that predictable as those shounen mangas, where you can tell "yeah the protagonist is going to win", in gore mangas the protagonists can even die! that's what draws me to it

Mar 3, 2014 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
It's mostly the fact that in terms of action scenes, if it lacks gore it is both boring and meaningless. As a lot of animes take advantage of it and bring the character back, even if it was most certainly obvious that said character would of died if there was gore within the anime.
May 13, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoy it for the main fact its something differnent. I need the action, an outlet for my pent up aggesion; I find its also good to wind down with after a long day at work. I'm drawn into the brutality and it keeps me interested in the series. Lately I've been getting bored with the typical harem/SOL/ecchi animes I watch, so I always want dark stuff. it gets me in the mood, same with my recent music interests.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 8, 2014 9:41 PM
Oct 2012
it makes me addictive to blood scene.
love it when the MC is the dark one with psychopath ability.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best hardcore violence and gore anime ever >_< ( 1 2 )

BeautifulViolet - Nov 12, 2008

61 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 7:05 PM

» I need help to find old anime movie title

NadWeebs - Mar 26, 2018

0 by NadWeebs »»
Mar 26, 2018 12:27 AM

» new gore anime

Sanguies - Jan 18, 2015

2 by shinomonogatari »»
Jun 10, 2015 4:47 PM

» Ongoing/Upcoming Violence And Gore

dexter786 - Mar 1, 2014

1 by Wings »»
Dec 30, 2014 3:38 PM

» What is the most bloodiest violent anime you know of

steffenbk1 - May 11, 2013

1 by Cremilin »»
Jan 28, 2014 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.