Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 9, 2009 8:16 AM
May 2008
Nice episode but some of the scenes with Sogabe were overly dramatic imo. As for Chikura and her story it was just fine and ended well imo.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 9, 2009 12:05 PM

Sep 2008
kuroshiroi said:
mel said:
kuroshiroi said:
DeathfireD: Did you make a relationship chart for Hatsukoi?

I was going to make one of these but looked in the Hatsukoi website and found one already made

looks like:
LEFT side = Middle schoolers
RIGHT side shaded in tan = High schoolers
Yes, we have a love rectangle!
That's seriously complicated though, that Ayumi - Misaki rectangle.

Yes indeed, and if you look closely almost all of them is one-sided love, except the tennis girl + glasses boy pair, and questionable on Enomoto + Kusuda.

I'll assume it'll get more intricate next ep, I'll try to update this chart until the series is over.
Jun 9, 2009 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
This episode sucked but the next one looks like it might be good. I've been waiting to see the girl with the glasses forever.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jun 9, 2009 6:52 PM

Apr 2008
I like this episode the best so far.

Before this one, I quite like the story of Tobashi Rika and Terai Haruto.
Jun 10, 2009 1:21 AM

Sep 2007
This episode was probably my favorite, just like Chikura' story was in the manga. I think this will be the best episode in the series, but that's just me =P

Jun 10, 2009 2:12 AM

Aug 2008
This was an all around feel good episode, one that genuinely made me smile. Not overly serious or dramatic, an episode that touched me and even made me teary at times

Jun 10, 2009 7:31 AM

May 2009
mcjazzman32 said:
This episode sucked

Commit seppuku >:3 lolz

Why don't you show me your so called "justice" - Hakumen
Jun 10, 2009 5:12 PM

Nov 2006
Absolutely fantastic episode. It brought me to tears, and that is rare for an episode without death. Easily the best in the series so far.
Jun 10, 2009 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
Nyanta said:
This was an all around feel good episode

Like...WHAT? Nu-uh!
Jun 10, 2009 8:39 PM

Dec 2008
This episode literally left me speechless.

Just wow, Chikura's story was the most beautiful one out of all the episodes that are out so far. I got into this series because of one coupling and one coupling only - Kusuda x Kei. The funny thing is that I skimmed through a few chapters in the manga for their story and skipped the rest of the chapters, so I didn't know much about the stories for the rest of the girls especially Dobashi and Chikura.

So this episode was a true surprise for me. At some points it became very overwhelming for me. Trying my best not to be too personal, but recently I've been thinking a lot about myself especially when it comes to art. Although art is my passion, I've had put it on hold for a while now. There were just so many things going on in my life that overtime that passion seemed to...I don't want to say disappear...but..more like hide away. Once in a while I'll have a burst of inspiration but it comes and goes in an instant.

The effort, the perserverance, the inspirations, the struggles, the faith and the love of art - all of these aspects were beautifully demonstrated in this episode....I was just so touched. It reminded me of just how much I love art.

Not only was the animation extremely gorgeous, but the music used served as a very appropriate balance to the art - I loved it all! The story was believable and bittersweet..and just plain cute!

The moment in which Chikura was just running while Renjou's letter is played, I spontaneously thought - "If they wanted to, they can really create a completely seperate anime on just their story."

Maybe it was the theme of art or just the semi-unique story...but I truly feel that it's possible to do it - AND that it'll be interesting XD!

Before the episode got really emotional, I really enjoyed Sogabe XD. When he started talking this time around, my mind clicked and I thought, "I know the seiyuu". So I look him up and what do you know...Yuuri from KKM XD. So everytime he talked, I couldn't help but laugh because I was completely imagining Yuuri talking and crushing on a girl XD! I also loved Mamoru's short moan of heartbreak XD!

Overall - I love this episode <3 !!
Jun 10, 2009 9:36 PM

Jan 2009
The animation quality in this ep was spectacular! The night sky and vivid colors truly shined in this ep. I'm grateful that this ep was a lot less ecchi than previous ones and told Chikura's story brilliantly.

This show has definitely exceeded my expectations. Wonderful series.

Jun 11, 2009 4:21 PM

Dec 2007
This was by far my favourite episode so far, everything was great. I'm amazed at how they told one full story within just one episode and still make it so touching and with so much impact.
Jun 11, 2009 10:18 PM

Feb 2008
The total lack of fanservice scene caught me by surprise but I still enjoyed the episode alot (almost cried when they cue the song)

And for those who immediately thought of 5cm per second, SAKURA TREE AND PETALS.
Jun 12, 2009 11:52 AM

Jul 2008
I really liked this episode :)
Jun 14, 2009 4:17 AM

Dec 2008
this was a beautiful and sad episode
the Chikura and art senpai story would also fit in two episodes.

In this anime I'm so bad withe the names ; (

I hope next will be some development between Enomoto and Kusuda ;

my ep rating
FabienneJun 14, 2009 4:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2009 4:21 AM

Jan 2008
Such a bitter sweet ending ;__;
Jun 15, 2009 6:09 AM

Jan 2008
wow best episode of Hatsukoi Limited so far ^.^ the ending was really touching T__T~ this would be my favorite couple T__T
Jun 16, 2009 6:52 AM
Mar 2008
;_____________________________________________________________;
Oh... my god. ;__________;
Jun 17, 2009 3:53 AM

Aug 2008
Well done, most touching episode so far ..and next one should be fun heh
Jun 21, 2009 1:14 PM

May 2009
Touching story that was beautifully told. Pretty close to perfect.
Jun 27, 2009 1:17 AM

Dec 2008
I got fever... and the only prescription is moar Chikura.
Jul 2, 2009 2:23 PM

May 2009
Wow. What a perfect episode. It left a deep impression on me! It was really different from all the other episodes in that it barely had any humor or fanservice. Just a beautiful and touching story. I loved the part where Chikura was running up the stairs and fell while she was crying. So sad ;_;

The animation, art and music was superb as well.

Probably my favorite episode yet of Hatsukoi Limited.
Jul 3, 2009 11:39 PM

Dec 2007
Chikura's story was touching and sad that makes episode good. Kei scolded Ayumi and Koyoi are so funny. Overall, I liked this epiosde so far.
Aug 17, 2009 1:10 AM
Dec 2008
i like the episode..
i cried when chikura read the letter .. >.<

" it is better to be poor but honest than to be a lying fool. "
Aug 22, 2009 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm, yes Chikura's love story is the most Tragedic in Hatsukoi Limited, but so far for me the best Love Story in this Anime is Kusuda x Enomoto, and Yamamoto x Aihara why? because Yamamoto is so HOT!, well the cutest Love story so far is between the Tennis athlete oh bad i forgot the name, it's only occur 1 episode. well that's so far
Sep 26, 2009 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
amazing episode. left me speechless and in tears. i don't mind the fanservice for the guys but i appreciate how they didn't ruin a beautiful story with it :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2009 1:54 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, probably the first episode that I actually did NOT skip around...

Very touching...
Nov 9, 2009 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
One of best ep's, it somehow reminded me of Tomyo arc. from Clannad game.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 27, 2010 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
It's so touching...both the song and the story...I love this ep very much~
ReoJan 27, 2010 11:16 AM
May 13, 2010 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't enjoy this episode.

It's kinda true though, that's what makes this show good. It's unrequited love because no matter how much you like someone, there is never a guarantee that person is going to like you back. Behind all of that cutesy, sorta-moe aesthetic lies a message that people like who they like and often there's nothing you can do about it.
May 28, 2010 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Chikura was lucky the painter was an Ikemen, wasn't she? :P

EnoxKusu again? I'd prefer to see more of the others, but well, this coupling makes me 2828
Jul 29, 2010 12:14 AM

May 2010
Really sweet episode. I got emotional at the end. Great song, BTW.
Sep 25, 2010 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Aww, that kind of love is sad. ;-;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 21, 2011 7:08 PM

Mar 2009
Decent episode. It captured the mood well.
Apr 23, 2011 3:16 AM

Nov 2010
Renjou-senpai... he is so kind and handsome...
it's too sad... Q_Q
May 5, 2011 2:50 PM

Oct 2009
Nao is my favorite character, and her story is also my favorite. It's so sad. ;_; Love the part where she is running to the roof, too.
Jun 17, 2011 11:08 AM

May 2011
sibnova said:
http://sarcasmpodcast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=489168
Shame on those who didn't like this episode.

I agree. This is far and way my favorite episode in Hatsukoi Limited. Although it has the least amount of fan-service and comedy, it was a beautiful, touching tale of a love that could not blossom. I have been caught ever since I read the title: "In Those Memories There Are Fully Blooming. . ." and I still remember it, even after a long time not watching it, but I am deadset on seeing this episode again. If all the other episodes were like this one, First Love Limited. would have been much better than it already is. The way Chikura Nao cries in the end is epic. What do you think the title's finish would be (i.e., instead of the ellipsis)?

The reason that this turned out to be such a great episode is that both Nao and her senpai are intelligent, calm, good-looking people; there is no clumisness, no foolishness, no stupidity, no perversion, no shutting-off; just two mature boy and girl spending time doing what they love most: Painting pictures. This is a story about art, romance, and heartbreak; truly a masterpiece.
SeijurouJun 17, 2011 11:13 AM
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Jul 10, 2011 7:16 AM

Jun 2009
easily the best episode for me ^_^ so far
Aug 29, 2011 10:30 AM

May 2010
It was so sad and touching episode. :(
Sep 1, 2011 5:36 PM

Apr 2011
I suppose I'm starting to regret picking this up.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Oct 31, 2011 3:24 PM

Feb 2011
It was a beautiful episode, almost like a mini-movie. Loved the ending and the music, the piano piece when they are under the Sakura trees was sweet and sad at the same time.
Dec 22, 2011 11:07 AM
Dec 2010
ah mah i should not have started this show ... i wanted to watch some warm romance with some comedy to get my mood better but i got statement "love is not returned in 99,9999% " in every freaking episode. It's like slaping my face over and over again with each additional episode.

But it's good show, it's just not for me well i'll finish it anyway maybe at least one pair will end up together to satisfy my hunger for good ends

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 27, 2012 11:22 PM

Apr 2009
I think this is the best episode (so far?). I'm really glad I didn't drop, just for this episode alone...
Sep 16, 2012 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
My favorite episode so far, along with the Christmas episode. 5/5. My current rating for the entire show is low 9.
I really enjoyed this one. It would be totally great as a stand-alone OVA or something.

It was nice to hear Renjou's VA, Ishida Akira. :)
Nov 27, 2013 3:56 AM

Apr 2011
I feel bad for Sogabe q.q
Jun 7, 2014 12:35 AM
Feb 2014
The execution of this episode was done brilliantly (especially the end). It brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of 5 cm/second.
Oct 6, 2014 2:40 AM
Jun 2012
Man, I wish I had his smoothness, he can come back 20 years later where (hypothetically) Chikuru is married to Sogata and those legs will be splitting so fast that Moses will look incompetent.
Jun 8, 2015 1:41 PM

Feb 2009
After struggling to finish watching through the Hatsukoi Limited series, this episode is truly the gem of this series. Though I'm disappointed that some others here did not enjoy this episode as much as I and a few others did, I find myself coming back to just watch this single episode from time to time and am nevertheless still touched. I wouldn't be hesitant in calling this single episode one of the best standalone episodes that I've seen in anime.

This episode pretty much did everything Hatsukoi Limited should've done in the first place. No random fan service and a great depiction of adolescence love when paired with individual aspirations and the inevitable flow of time. It was so charming and well paced that any of the overblown comedy that Hatsukoi Limited seems to default to doesn't even exist. Kudos to the director of this episode, really made it stand out in contrast to the rest of the series.

If anyone else was curious about the insert song for the ending, its called Sora ni Mau by marble. The sync between the anime and the feel and lyrics of the song was just hauntingly beautiful.
KainamiJun 8, 2015 1:51 PM
Jan 21, 2016 1:04 PM
Jun 2014
skipping through this episode after that guy showed up. Nothing i hate more than some stud suddenly appearing out of thin air, swooning one of the heroines. Absolute garbage storytelling. It would be something else if that guy had existed within the story before this point.

Not disliking Chikura as she has no reason to like Sogabe at this point, but the appearance of a stud is just too much. It's shitty storytelling you see in Shoujo manga or Seinen ntr or ntr teasers.
StormenJan 21, 2016 1:42 PM
May 8, 2016 12:14 PM

Nov 2013
Koyoi and Ayumi got a good scolding. Nice to see level-headed characters. The part with Chikura and Renjou was bitter-sweet.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Annisa - Jun 27, 2009

148 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 20, 2009

57 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 13, 2009

74 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

othic - May 23, 2009

65 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - May 16, 2009

89 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.