Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 8, 2009 5:11 PM

Aug 2008
not enough love! XD

but overall, I really like this anime, not my fav, my definitly one of the best. :)
i really love daichi! he makes me laugh soo muchhhh! :P
I don't regret watching this even if the beginning was boring. ^^'
Feb 3, 2010 11:54 PM

Apr 2008
An uncommonly creative anime, the ending was fine a little too melodramatic for my taste, but still fitting. I would have loved seeing Sosuke in jail or some sort of reciprocation, oh! better a blow by Tamako. By the way Tamako's motorbike costume was hot.
I'm between a 8/10 and 9/10
Feb 28, 2010 3:04 AM

Mar 2008
Just finished Dennou Coil and this anime is truly epic in many ways!!!!! No doubt about it. I was truly glad I picked this anime and it's definitely gonna be one of my favorites forever. I even didn't wanna watch the last few episodes since I didn't want Dennou Coil to end. But can't be helped though, plus I am really excited to see its concluding episode.

I really cried on Densuke's death a few episodes ago and the ending song convinced me to cry even more. Even that Illegal that Denpa took care of made me cry when it died. T_T

And for a while there, I thought Yasako x Isako are gonna kiss. Deep inside I was like "Kiss!!!!!" XD They definitely have a potential to be a yuri couple.

I was hoping that this series is gonna have an OVA or something. Even though without a plot, I would just wanna see the characters as they are in their teenage days and I also wanna see Isako meeting Yasako again.

I truly am amazed on this series so giving it a 10/10. I'm easily pleased after all. ;)

*sigh* I really wanna say something more about Dennou Coil but I don't want to end with a long comment. (my bad habit)

PS
Oh, the beard episode was really full of win! It really made me laugh despite of me feeling bad about something that time.
BlueZFeb 28, 2010 3:08 AM
Mar 31, 2010 6:18 PM

Sep 2008
Densuke, Densuke, DENSUKEEEEEEE!!

._.
May 4, 2010 11:53 PM

May 2009
wow the beard ep was the funniest. looool

but yeah amazing series.

i wonder what happened to the gramps.

but this series reminds me of rugrats from reason it gives off that feeling that makes you smile.
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
May 6, 2010 10:48 AM

May 2007
Good series, nice twist and decent ending imo.

9/10
May 31, 2010 7:36 PM

Jul 2007
Awesome anime is awesome. 9/10 and favorite. Damn Densuke is the best anime dog ever. By far. I almost teared up during the end (which only happened once before at clannad AS)
Jun 1, 2010 3:48 AM

Jul 2008
Densuke you are the best pet ever. What more can I say that hasn't been said. 10/10
Jun 21, 2010 3:47 AM

Jun 2010
WHAT TEH FUCK!!!

Who could have thought that this Series gets so FUCKING EPIC. The first 15 eps or something were good (7.5/10), but i never thought that the series gets so mystery-like. LOVED it.

almost 10/10

9/10 (because of the first 15 eps, wich were to introduce the world)
Jun 29, 2010 11:25 AM

Dec 2008
Daichi looked so funny in the oversized middle school uniform because he's small.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jul 7, 2010 12:23 AM

Nov 2009
What a charming series this was, I'm glad that I eventually gave it a try. From skimming the reviews, nothing can really prepare you for how creative the storytelling gets and the overall high quality of the show.
Jul 18, 2010 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
Very beautiful end for beautiful story. I teared up when Amasawa came back...
I really want to say a lot of DC, but I can't describe my feelings. It's purely amazing and superb! I'm in love with this series. It have something that almost all modern animes doesn't have... mmm... kinda real people warmth feeling or something like this...

Totally glad that I has started to watch this one. 10/10 for me.
bluezodiac said:
And for a while there, I thought Yasako x Isako are gonna kiss. Deep inside I was like "Kiss!!!!!" XD They definitely have a potential to be a yuri couple.

Wow O_O... I'm not the only one who thought the same ^^
Aug 29, 2010 12:51 AM

Dec 2008
very good ending!
it totally explained everything, resolved all mysteries, shown throughout the series. totally a favorite anime now ^o^

Kenaya said:
bluezodiac said:

Wow O_O... I'm not the only one who thought the same ^^

I'm glad there are people who thought the exact same thing as i did ^/////^
Sep 9, 2010 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
Nice one at first i was so confused with those glasses and somehow i thought this gonna be a cheap anime, but when the mystery is coming i was right to follow this through till the end

8/10!
Sep 10, 2010 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
Great ending...

Though I hated how dis ambiguous Haraken x Okonogi was...D:\\\

EDIT: REWATCHED. HE BLUSHED WHEN HE SAID "first love"
YESSSSSSSSSS I love this show <3
sugarplumfairySep 10, 2010 7:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2010 12:58 AM
Dec 2007
sugarplumfairy said:
Great ending...

Though I hated how dis ambiguous Haraken x Okonogi was...D:

EDIT: REWATCHED. HE BLUSHED WHEN HE SAID "first love"
YESSSSSSSSSS I love this show <3
Well, Haruken's monologue basically is his way of coming to terms with the fact he was keeping Kanna alive through his regret. So now that he has overcome his sense of guilt he was ready to give love another chance and reciprocate her feelings.

Also, it's simple to see the Densuke scene at the end is one last attempt to get through the idea that those you love will always be alive in your heart.

Oct 31, 2010 4:12 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, the ending was definitely melodramatic. But, I think it fit. 8/10, because the last few episodes before this one didn't exactly have my interest. Still, an overall great series that I can see myself re-watching eventually.

The overall theme of Isako having to let go of her past so she can face her future is powerful stuff, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 12, 2011 3:35 PM
Feb 2011
I liked this series. it wasnt among my favorites, but it holds a special status for being so creative and funny. i liked Daichi ALOT. the Daichi and Fumie subplot was one of the best parts about this series for me. I loved watching his character reveal and change from annoying wild boy to a compassionate and pretty decent wild boy. I was frustrated that they focused so much on Haraken and Yasako, but i wasnt complaining when Daichi came to fumie's and the fat boy's (but mostly fumie's) defense and flipped/threw those cyberpunks across the floor. I also liked his weird.. but hilarious relationship with Yasako's little sister. Daichi carrying the sleepy little girl home to Yasako was really sweet.

and yes. the hair episode. (^-^)
Apr 30, 2011 2:30 AM

Oct 2009
The ending was just perfect, very satisfying. I really have no questions at all from the ending, they concluded everything perfectly. This show is just beautiful, filled with a great plot and great characters. I loved Fumie the best, and the epilogue with them all in middle school...dawww. There's also a little bit of everything, laughs, crying, epic moments, romance, etc. It also really reminded me of Ghibli movies.

And this show was perfectly planned out, too. There are tons of hints and stuff throughout the episodes that you start to realize as more stuff is being revealed. I enjoyed watching this show so much, it was great to marathon.
Aug 2, 2011 7:12 AM

Apr 2011
Amazing ending to an amazing show. I seriously was having so many mixed feelings after finishing it, but in a good way. I didn't have the proper words to describe how excellent this show was overall and how it concluded. I really liked Fumie and Haraken as characters, actually everyone was pretty darn awesome. This show is definitely under appreciated and it easily makes it into my top 5 anime.

10/10 - Pure excellence.

Edit: Densuke has also made it into my top fave characters.
z4ydAug 2, 2011 7:37 AM
Aug 28, 2011 12:44 PM

Jul 2011
One of the best anime I've ever seen!

Everything is in its right place here :)

10/10 !
Oct 16, 2011 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
Finally finish this anime after many months of hold-up. It was great, it as satisfying, it felt good. I love the ending and it feels satisfying and the series is really well done from start to finish.

This deserves a excellent score of 10/10 !
Oct 21, 2011 3:00 PM

Feb 2011
so yasako's grandfather died while saving isako
at least the granpa was cheerfull about being dead xD and also the tingling was from him too :o

after the first door in the door, the next door isn't much of a surprise, but nice shortcut to return :3

sometimes it happened some characters said something to complete the story information, and didn't looked very natural
i've to say i liked more the first part of the serie, where the cyber theme was well done, the second half became a bit of a cliched horror :/ (and in some parts was a little bit rushed)
first half: 9.5/10
second half: 8.5/10
overall: 9/10 for me :x

on the emotional side it was great(funny,cute,creepy,sad,scary), if only it had been also more coherent with the cyber theme it would have been truly perfect :D
this really made me want to learn encoding xD
ZeandoOct 21, 2011 3:32 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 15, 2012 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
Great sci fi series tbh and enjoyed it all including the ending.
Jul 17, 2012 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
It's my no.1 ideal anime <33 o-o SO MANY OLD MEN. They were so very cute. Yuko's grandfather's my new favorite. What he did... was just... so omg e.e

Regret that I found it late though
removed-userJul 17, 2012 12:38 AM
Jul 20, 2012 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
Great story with a good ending. It was so nice to see Densuke again (:
8/10
Sep 1, 2012 8:48 AM

Oct 2009
So glad i watched this! One of the best series I've seen in a long time, perfect characters, OST, plot, direction and everything else!

Great ending, glad it wasn't some open mysterious ending, though i wish they showed a bit more of a epilogue with the other characters and all..

P.S I thought Yasako and Isako were gonna kiss when she woke up.. disappointed :<!

8/10!
AozureSep 1, 2012 8:52 AM
Nov 17, 2012 11:39 AM
Feb 2012
Should've went the yuri route. Yasako x Isako 4everrrrrr
Mar 21, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2008
I just love it when a show that opens up countless questions actually follows through and answers them all. Everything pieced together pretty damn well. I'm so glad I finally got around to watching this. 2007 really was a golden year for anime it seems.
Jun 30, 2013 7:05 PM
Jan 2013
Last episode... i was hesitant to watch this cuse i didnt want this to end. note i watched this in one sitting and i dont regret it! overall this anime is amazing 10/10! but i have 1 little thing that bugged me in the ending.. im a sucker for happy endings and not seeing Yasako and Isako becoming better friends hurts a little, i thought that the phone call between them at the end was a little weak but thats my personal opinion.
other then that this episode was really good! loved it!

i do apologise for any grammatical mistakes i have done in this post, i wrote this right after watching this episode and its 4:04 am right now hehe all i can say is that this anime really draged me in and i couldent stop watching it :>
Aug 2, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 2012
A great series overall, and nice ending to it as well. I'm gonna miss this show :'(
This whole time, I still couldn't get over the fact that they were still only elementary school students fighting all the illegals and what not. The scene with Densuke at the end was so touching. For a second there, I had hoped he somehow really came back, but unfortunately, it looks like that dream won't be coming true :(

In the end, my overall score for this was an 8/10. It was a really enjoyable anime!

Sep 17, 2013 1:47 AM
Apr 2012

I'll just let the score speak for itself.
Jan 21, 2014 9:02 AM

Apr 2012
I am so glad I got round to watching this masterpiece. I don't give out many 10s but for this it just has to be 10/10. Well done all who made this happen and thank you so much.
Feb 26, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2012
What a great ending to this fantastic show full of mysterious and questions! But wow the ending sure was just lovely as hell and made a good end for this whole serie! The concept and atmosphere sure were lovely as hell and the development of both character and story was done really great so this is one hell of a great anime! 9/10
Mar 4, 2014 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
Finally done watching the series. I'm so happy that i watched this one! So enjoyable to watch. I will miss everyone especially Densuke. :(

the story is a Masterpiece! 10/10

But overall...
8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
With all the worldbuilding in the first half, the upcoming drama is unexpected and uncalled for. While the idea behind the ending is quite good even with all those useless foreshadows, the execution fell flat as it relies too much on the power of friendship and voice transcending space and what so not. Then there's the usual drama-type ending trap where the MC's friends and family participation in the story decreases drastically as the climax approaches. I was expecting Fumie to play a more active role than advising Yasako to stop seeking out Isako especially after Tamako and Megabaa explained to her and Daiichi about the other side. Nothing's more irritating than idiots that stop others from doing what's right and justifiable in the eye of the viewer. There's also the abrupt introduction of Yasako's bullied friend and the revelation that her father is the first member. It holds no weight and doesn't help the story in any way, especially so late into it. Why can't Yasako just find the Nebula herself? Why must the scriptwriter insists that Tamako's bike must be conveniently confiscated so that Yasako's dad can do something insignificant? What's the purpose of having the children's glasses confiscated? What happened to Takeru and his bro after that? Did the Dennou Coil phenomenon managed to gain public attention and reintroduced as a medical solution? Heck, shouldn't SOMETHING happened to Megamass after all the commotion?

I was hoping for a more sci-fi ending which utilizes the little details that we learnt through the worldbuilding episodes. Perhaps something about the Yasako and co frantically trying to preserve the other side. At least that'll allow more opportunities for the side casts to play a more active roles in it rather than being useless in the hospital room while Yasako try to call out to Isako, which should be quite an awkward experience to the bystanders who shouldn't have known that what she did will helps at all.
KenjimaxJun 16, 2014 1:25 PM
Jul 14, 2014 2:23 PM
Apr 2013
Good analysis by Kenjimax.

I thought the ending (and in fact the whole second half of the series) was too cheesy, obsessed with "the power of emotions" and nonsensical plot-wise.

Episode 24 was possibly a high point but overall the series has left me with mixed feelings. I'll probably have to severely tone down the 9/10 I was originally planning to give it.
Nov 24, 2014 6:40 PM

Jan 2012
So.....yeah she really wanted to save Isako who was blocked on the other side. But... what about her grandfather? He was blocked there too, he stayed there as well. In the same place Yasako goes to at the end. Where Densuke stays. Doesn't she care about her grandfather there then? Or did he already dissapear? Weird. Thought she'd meet him anyway or something.
Also, the legends about Michiko are older than 5 year old....aren't they? Weird, since they say they created her 5 years ago. It's also weird how Nekome could make a "pact" with Michiko. I don't even know how. Weird.
Anyway, this was a good series. Although people were telling me it was a tearjerker...meh. In the end all's well and there wasn't really any scene that could get a tear from me, I thought it'd have a sad ending or something. Oh well, I'm not against happy endings anyway.

Also, the boy voices that said they were 4423... were they actually Isako's brother thinking he was 4423 because of the therapy, or some abuse Nekome did (because at a moment he mentions something like he used something about 4423). Also I don't know why she kept having these dreams where 4423 kept telling her "Don't come here, it's the wrong path". It just makes it worse for her lol

Also, for some reason at the beginning of episode 26 when mini-Yūko sees the Null is her grandfather and says "It's grandpa!" in Japanese ("Ojiji! Ojiji da!")... that is honestly one of the cutest things I have ever heard!!!!!! I wanna know who that voice actress is xD

Also it took me a while to realize Haraken's voice was Edward Elric. For the whole show I was like "daaamn his voice... I heard it somewhere but WHEEEERRRRE" lol but didn't verify 'till last ep. Now I know and it seems so obvious!
ZacksFairNov 24, 2014 6:47 PM
Dec 13, 2014 4:09 AM

May 2012
10/10. One of the best anime I've ever seen. I'm almost speechless...
Feb 3, 2015 9:25 PM

Feb 2012
A masterpiece. Bittersweet ending, with a great lesson about what means to live and experience and growing up.
Loved it!
Feb 4, 2015 5:46 AM
Apr 2013
Tbh I like Dennou Coil, fresh characters without being annoying at all. Some many of the cast got proper character development. However I kinda pity one thing, and that's about Nekome. I wish we can know more about him and his brother, but they were just becoming a plot device antagonist after all. Also it became too much focused on both Yuuko at the end, which actually isn't a bad thing, just they could made it better.

Anw 8/10 for me, wished for more episodes like 4 cour, but if the ending is like this, I guess we don't need any sequel.
Jul 9, 2015 8:27 PM

Apr 2014
I definitely enjoyed this show and its ending! :)

The only thing I didn't really understand was the point of Mayumi. She was brought up early on and introduced briefly later. Am I missing/forgetting something important about that?
Aug 5, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
Personal investigation on aliens from cyper space is finished. 10+
Sep 18, 2015 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
I was wavering between giving this an 8 and 9, but I settled on an 8. The second half didn't feel as interesting and the first 12-16 episodes or so.

The ending felt a bit disappointing as well, but it wasn't too bad. I've seen much worse, it just felt like it could have been a lot better.
Oct 8, 2015 12:56 AM

Aug 2008
The 4423 = isako made my day and the reasons why she was in the 'other world' for rehab was sooo good. Such a well made story.
Forever remmeber the name 4422 ni-ni~ and 4423 nisan~
Mar 28, 2016 4:06 PM
Jul 2018

Just finished the show.. The ending made me cry like a kid I'm so happy right now.
Thank you Okonogi for helping your friend, Isako, no doubt she is grateful to you!
Well guys, I really enjoyed the show and probably will rewatch it more than once.
May 4, 2016 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
Kyoko and Densuke are the best characters of this show and it says a lot about all the others... The last few episodes failed for this reason - I didn't care about the main characters. Too much weak drama in the end. Disappointing
Still it was interesting and fun to watch for the most part. Had some awesome episodes like bearded people and spirited away with hero Densuke
May 13, 2016 5:38 AM

Oct 2013
I watched the whole thing at 1.5x speed and didn't miss anything, such a slow paced thing.
Aug 16, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2011
Truly phenomenal ending. This series delivered in more than a few ways and I'm glad I put it off for so long, I appreciate it a lot more now as an adult than I think I would have if I had watched this near around the time it aired. It's a shame that this tanked so hard in Japan as far as sales go, it deserves a lot more love than it got.
Sep 7, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
This anime has one of the best concept I have ever seen in anime..
Story telling is great too.. quite light and have a good comedy ...
My favorites episode is Beard episode, I am sure many people will agree with me..

I don't really enjoy the final arc, it's great you know, but I just feel lack of enjoyment in final arc like what I got in first half of series, maybe because it's more focus on drama in final arc..

This series deserve 10/10, but I stop in 9/10 because of that enjoyment stuff.. I can't imagine this series rated lower than 8.5.. this series is underrated in this site ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 24 Discussion

_edge_ - Dec 10, 2007

40 by Fafette »»
May 24, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.