Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 28, 2010 9:38 AM
Jan 2010
I'm glad to see pretty much the whole village fight those guys.
Apr 24, 2010 4:21 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode, but I hope we see Keiichi, Rena and the others kick ass soon, swinging the bat and the machete and so on xD
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 28, 2010 5:17 AM

Jan 2010
quite a boring ep -_-

cmon lads,let's rumble already xD

btw i realised that i feel pity for Miyo,and her stepfather hifumi also did not deserve to be treated like that :(

too bad miyo is a psycho b*tch

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 13, 2010 1:01 AM

Sep 2009
I hope everyone survives....seems like Takano can get quite scary when she's mad.
Jun 22, 2010 5:32 PM

Jun 2009
I hope Tomitake doesn't die...again.

And Oishi was full of win again!
Jul 4, 2010 6:29 AM

Dec 2009
"Here , Mr.Demon .Come out , come out , wherever you are ."
Jul 10, 2010 12:26 PM

Mar 2010
Takano will definitely lose it..
Aug 26, 2010 12:00 AM

Jan 2008
I hope Tomitake doesn't die. =[

I'm with Keiichi... I'm on the edge of my seat!

Takano didn't see that coming. AHAHAHA. [/Nelson's laugh]

I never thought I would actually like Ooishi.

Tomitake. D=
Sep 15, 2010 4:59 AM
Feb 2010
too be honest yall know what i was thinking.....damn thats some good side boob - Takano sleeps nude ^_^
Oct 13, 2010 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
Like Kei said earlier on, MY ADRENALINE IS PUMPIN!!

God dam Ooshi really killed it. Absolutely wrecked face on that "rookie." The Sonozaki's stepping in was the icing on the cake.

5/5 what an EPIC show...!!!
Oct 22, 2010 5:52 PM

Jun 2009
Omg the end!!! I am dying to see the next ep.
Nov 18, 2010 9:53 PM

Aug 2010
Glad Takano gets her plans messed up by some kids :P And man is it getting more and more intense to watch each coming episode.
Nov 26, 2010 9:05 PM

Sep 2010
wow this episode is just epic. Reminds me alot like the last arc where everyone worked together.

I hope Tomitake can actually throw a punch. Also, next episode doesn't seem very promising

Nov 28, 2010 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
It's great to see Takano so riled up because people were betraying her instead of the other way round for once. I hope Tomitake actually survives this arc for once too XD
Jan 1, 2011 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
TOMITAKEEEEEE!! CHAAAAARGE!!!

Haha, I am really starting to love everyone. Especially Ooishi. OMG. He's so badass. <3

As soon as they found Tomitake's hideout spot, I was like, "Well, he's dead," and then when Takano ordered for Dr. Irie to be watched, I was like, "Well, he's dead too." I just figure Takano and the organization will dispose of whoever they find of going behind their backs and ruining their plans - after all, Takano's devastation, anger, and frustration is clearly getting to her. She's wearing her heart on her sleeve at this point.

Heee, things are getting really edgy and exciting!! <333
Jan 3, 2011 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
lol Takano gets so upset X'D im happy but i feel bad at the same time... she just wants 2 avenge her "Grandfather" yet shes being screwed... and OH NO! Irie and Jirou! i wonder whats gonna happen to them! i really hope they end up okay! DX lol OMG it was SO funny when that man lied 2 Ooishi! He was like "It's the Sonozaki's!" and they showed up XD bwahaha! that was so funny and PERFECTO! good job Ooishi! ahh this was a great epi! I hope every1's gonna be all right!
Jan 31, 2011 6:30 PM

Sep 2010
Ooishi! Do work!
Jun 19, 2011 5:15 PM

Jun 2010
Huh, I wonder if Takano acted like this in Watanagashi-hen or Meakashi-hen. Rika was dead over 48 hours in those worlds.

Even after rewatching this again, I keep wondering if Takano really develops Hinamizawa syndrome... She's starting to get a bit paranoid, but then again, she's justly paranoid.
Zfish9Jun 19, 2011 5:33 PM
Jul 2, 2011 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
OMFG!!! loved this ep, oishi showing who's the boss in town!! :D
also, takano miyo seems to be tracking on.... don't want irie or tomitake to die... especially tomitake.... HE DIES IN EVERY FRIGGIN CHAPTER!!!!!!
Sep 28, 2011 2:06 PM

Aug 2011
another huge Ooishi fan convert here xDD
I really hope Tomitake and the others live but I guess there has to be at least one death, seem more likely :<

Jan 28, 2012 4:48 AM

Oct 2011
HOLY SHIETTTZZZ
Feb 25, 2012 3:11 PM
Sep 2011
Oh gosh I really hate Takano! >:(
Mar 17, 2012 3:01 AM

Apr 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
9th-eden said:
Oh sure they show me that Takano sleeps naked and they expect me to focus for the rest of the episode?... honestly.

QFT!

THIS.
Apr 28, 2012 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
so much great plans are happening for Rika but yet it has been a while since I heard her say her cute catchphrase:

Mii NIPPA!

Jul 2, 2012 4:14 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so happy to see Takano pissed!<3

I'm scared for Tomitake now, but at least he finally didn't die on Watanagashi night.
Jul 26, 2012 3:32 AM

Jun 2012
I still don't get why does Takano need Rika dead? ;/
Aug 9, 2012 12:36 PM

Dec 2011
@waterfaerie256 If I'm reading things correctly, Takano wants Rika dead so she can bring in the clause from the emergency manual that calls for total annihalation of the villagers.

I laughed when I heard Keiichi say "I'm all fired up" It seems like Natsu watched some good old Higurashi and picked the phrase up :D Tomitake smash was pretty cool too :o
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Aug 9, 2012 3:52 PM
Dec 2007
Divy said:
@waterfaerie256 If I'm reading things correctly, Takano wants Rika dead so she can bring in the clause from the emergency manual that calls for total annihalation of the villagers.
This pretty much. It's not Takano actually. The faction that hired Takano after Tokyo announced she was being laid off want her to erradicate Hinamizawa so they can pin the blame on the Old Faction of Tokyo and take their place as leaders of the organization. They promised Takano a head position as researcher and more money to research into mind illnesses and such.

That's basically it, Tokyo having an internal war and Takano working for one side because she was gonna lose her job without proving what her grandfather wanted to prove.

Aug 11, 2012 6:55 PM

Oct 2011
Hah ... if the Yamainu were watching Rika's house so careful so why they have not seen neither of Ooishi or Akasaka entered or left the house !! .
And why they didnt tell Tomitake about the plan ... this is stupid .
Aug 11, 2012 8:40 PM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
Hah ... if the Yamainu were watching Rika's house so careful so why they have not seen neither of Ooishi or Akasaka entered or left the house !! .
The Yamainu's main base is not in Hinamizawa so they actually don't do a 24-hour watch on Rika until some days before their operation (meaning until a few days before the festival) in order to not draw suspicion. They just used the hustle and bustle of the Festival to get Rika out and sneak in Akasaka, they just fail to show it. And Tomitake was in what you call a Communication Blackout in order not to draw attention to himself, hence no one could contact him. That said, the move with Tomitake was a little stupid since they kinda knew they were throwing him under the bus since Takano would suspect him first if something leaked.

Aug 12, 2012 9:49 AM

Oct 2011
Leon-Gun said:
loub31 said:
The Yamainu's main base is not in Hinamizawa so they actually don't do a 24-hour watch on Rika until some days before their operation (meaning until a few days before the festival) in order to not draw suspicion. They just used the hustle and bustle of the Festival to get Rika out and sneak in Akasaka, they just fail to show it. And Tomitake was in what you call a Communication Blackout in order not to draw attention to himself, hence no one could contact him. That said, the move with Tomitake was a little stupid since they kinda knew they were throwing him under the bus since Takano would suspect him first if something leaked.

The problem is that Tomitake didnt know about the " 48 hours" plan ... that suprised me a lot ... imagine that he would commited a foolish act after hearing Rika dead ... maybe he would go to Rika house and spoil the plan !
Aug 12, 2012 11:53 AM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
Leon-Gun said:
loub31 said:

The problem is that Tomitake didnt know about the " 48 hours" plan ... that suprised me a lot ... imagine that he would commited a foolish act after hearing Rika dead ... maybe he would go to Rika house and spoil the plan !
Yep, that was the one thing I found boneheaded about the last arc both when I saw it and when I played it. But Tomitake is a pretty smart guy and shrewd too. The main reason he never suspects Takano in any other arc is that he truly loves Takano, even more because Takano actually shared deeps parts of her past with him. SO he felt he had to help her because she had a rough life. But in terms of intelligence he's actually easy to catch on to things, so long as he isn't blinded by love.

Aug 13, 2012 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
Hoo Hoo Hoo, that bitch is getting exactly what she deserves! YES! :D

But why do I still have a feeling this will end badly?
Jan 13, 2013 10:37 AM
Apr 2012
Crisu said:

And I want to leap from the second floor onto a car like that... Will it really cushion my fall that well?

Not that I have several hundred dollars to repair a car roof after testing it anyway...

Jajaja
Just thought that too man xD
Feb 18, 2013 9:16 PM

Feb 2012
Oh my god, this is getting intense!

Love this show! <3
Apr 3, 2013 7:37 AM

Mar 2013
Great ep, the plot fired up pretty unexpectedly so i had to keep my focus on every word they said during the whole episode to undestand what was going on (now thats the kind of anime i like ! :D)
Although based to what we know now everything should be settled, but there are probably some things we still dont know about like nomuras connection to all this (if thats her actual name) .

Also i wanna see if Rena reveals something she only knows about oyashiro-sama and the curse , and if the maggots in her blood were real and not just part of her delusions.
Apr 7, 2013 2:43 AM

Feb 2013
Ozland said:
Oh my god, this is getting intense!

Love this show! <3

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 23, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2009
Ahaha. What a great episode! ^^
Takano is really mad. And then that Ootaka :P

Hanyuu is so cute at the end when she was singing~
Jul 29, 2013 1:08 AM

Feb 2013
I am so afraid of something going wrong....so intense.....
Aug 16, 2013 10:10 PM

Jun 2011
Sep 1, 2013 3:53 AM

Dec 2012
Finally this season gets interesting, after it has been extremely mediocre for almost all the previous episode. Hope from this episode onwards, the last 4 episodes can save the season and maybe I'll give it a 6.
Nov 18, 2013 1:14 PM

Jun 2013
I want to see Takano with level 5 disease! Make it happen, drive her more into paranoia! But don't kill her (death's too good for her), asylum with level 5 syndrome is what she deserves!!!
Dec 13, 2013 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
I kinda wanted more of a close up on Takano's boobies..... oh well, this series is awesome!

Dec 24, 2013 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was pure awesome. Takano's plan has gone to shit while Ooishi and crew just laugh at her desperate attempt to regain everything. Tomitake better kick some ass.
Mar 16, 2014 9:12 PM

Jan 2009
1. seeing takano in a panic was exciting, but she is very persistant.

2. tomitake surviving that 2-story jump looked so easy.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 24, 2014 6:49 PM
Feb 2013
It just keeps on building and building, alright......but how could the dirty cop not know who the senator looked like?
May 24, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode. Ooishi was awesome. I also thought that their plan would commence on the day of the festival but this is much more interesting.
Jun 9, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
The scene with Ooishi and the Sonozakis was awesome!

I laughed when the Yamainu-guy shouted "They got military expertise and know-how!" or something like that, when it's really just a bunch of kids who made the plan^^

But it looks like the plan won't go as easy as imagined, I sure hope that Tomitake and Irie survive the next ep!
Oct 22, 2014 2:29 AM
Dec 2011
oh...my..god...i knew i am not wrong about ooishi san ..ooishi can KICK ASS ... the part where he says "KUN" to the other guy was just so epic i laugh out loud then the SONOZAKIs come that is a pure bliss for me and i shouted YES...!!!!

.i like ooishi from the very beginning of the show and now i know it is not wrong to have a crush on him...i love ooishi so much !!...this is epic everything is perfect...i want that crazy miyo stop this time! cant bare to watch my beloved characters die anymore :3 i was so happy to see MIYO TAKANO desperate :3
Nov 9, 2014 11:29 PM

Nov 2013
THE EPIC BATTLE BEGINS!

HOLY SHIT! Ooishi throwing that guy over his shoulder was badass!

Naked Takano :O...

Watching Tomitake jumping out that window and onto that car roof really gained him some badass points! Too bad he got caught anyways.

When Takano's pissed, you know shit's going down.

EPIC EPISODE! 5/5
FunnyRatmanNov 9, 2014 11:34 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.