Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 26, 2013 5:35 AM
Jul 2013
That kiss... UGHHHH i have waited so long for that to happen! It's so awesome to see the relationship between Issei and Rias progress omfg can't wait till next episode.
Aug 26, 2013 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
Last episode Issei said that he wanted to do Akeno or otherwise his manhood wold be meaningless, so how come he refuses to have sex with Xenovia and Asia?

Also no Koneko this episode, but I loved the episode.
Jova666Aug 26, 2013 6:05 PM
Aug 26, 2013 6:52 AM
Jan 2013
Man, why is it that is only now that FUNimation has decided to censor Ria's and Akeno's boobs?

I'm guessing that the other Bishop is Gaspar.
Aug 26, 2013 7:31 AM

May 2013
Interesting episode, watching this season really jogs back memories of the light novel.
Aug 26, 2013 12:32 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. I can't believe Issei did a Rias figure out of clay! Hahaha.

Also, its nice to see the other Demon Lord. Now, it looks like we will get to see Rias' other bishop.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2013 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
It was hilarious like usual XD. Lol @ Xenovia with the condoms... and Leviathan is so freaking Moe!!! Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 26, 2013 1:15 PM
Dec 2012
Two episodes into the second half and I'm in love with Xenovia's character xD

Jova666 said:
Last episode Issei said that he wanted to do Akeno or otherwise his manhood wold be meaningless, so how come he refuses to have sex with Xenovia and Asia?

Also no Koneko this episode, but I loved the rest.

I think he is (and IMO forever will be) conflicted between his feelings for Rias (and actually all the other girls individually too) and his libido/desire to become the harem king.
Me on scoring anime with a 1:
Aug 26, 2013 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
White Dragon Emperor looks like a Final Fantasy reject
Lol wut?

On topic: Another interesting episode, with dat fan service.
Dat kiss between Issei and Rias.
Also when Issei said, "It hurts to think that prez will get a boyfriend someday."
Right in the feels.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 26, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2013
Xenovia with the condoms, lol.
Kiss between Issei and Rias was nice. :)
Aug 26, 2013 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
SandwichForLunch said:
Two episodes into the second half and I'm in love with Xenovia's character xD

Jova666 said:

I think he is (and IMO forever will be) conflicted between his feelings for Rias (and actually all the other girls individually too) and his libido/desire to become the harem king.

I agree, he told her that he would love her always the way she is now in the first season, and she obviously has strong feelings for him. Rias just needs to try harder to bring him to the dark side of monogamy.
My Candies:
Aug 26, 2013 4:26 PM

Dec 2012
Love this. The series is getting better and better for every episode. Dat kiss between Issei and Rias ^.^ Xenovia and the condoms, haha. Have to wait another week for a new episode ; (
Aug 26, 2013 5:59 PM

Apr 2008
Jova666 said:

Xenovia's lack of common sense made it too awkward.
Asia… just seeing from the anime, Issei probably see her more like a sister or daughter than someone to bang.

Even with the harem declaration, most of the girls doesn't seem to go more than flirting partners for him.
Aug 26, 2013 6:10 PM

Jan 2013
Such a cute ep.
Rias getting serious with Issei now :D.

Man, wish this season wasn't only 12 eps :(
Should have been more!!!

Looking forward to the other 4 eps.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Aug 26, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
yeaaahh oppai!
Aug 26, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2013
I love how Issei admits he is weak and a low-level demon and didn't say a "I need to get stronger to defeat him" type thing or go into emo mode about how weak he is. I lost it when Xenovia showed up with condoms. I still can't get over that ED though <3.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 26, 2013 7:00 PM
Jul 2013
Baddie007 said:
Man, why is it that is only now that FUNimation has decided to censor Ria's and Akeno's boobs?

Funimation saves the uncensored versions for their English dubs. Remember they're trying to sell Anime in country where much of it is pirated and available online faster than they can get the licensing for it. By saving the uncensored versions for their dubs they hope make at least some money from their blu-ray sells.

Truthfully, I think they get the bulk of their money from their premium subscribers, and ads on their Funimation channel more than anything else.
Strategist0083Aug 26, 2013 7:54 PM
Aug 26, 2013 7:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Strategist0083 said:
Remember trying to sell Anime in country where much of it is pirated and available online faster than they can get the licensing for it.

QFT. Can't really blame them for this.

I smell a trap :P
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 26, 2013 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
That kiss was so cute :3

Love how Rias shows many new emotions.
セクシーヒップスター
Aug 26, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
Yuss, they did animate the clay scene!

Lol at Xenovia and condoms. It seems Asia is learning more things at the same time ~ Thank the gods for Kiryuu ;)

Idk how many times I face-palmed at Serafall, but it was magnificent. Oh yeah, almost forgot, MIL-TAN! Great that he got some screen time, lol.

End of the episode was cute :3

Can't wait for next week for Gya-kun :D
Aug 26, 2013 10:05 PM
Dec 2012
Strategist0083 said:
Baddie007 said:

Funimation saves the uncensored versions for their English dubs. Remember they're trying to sell Anime in country where much of it is pirated and available online faster than they can get the licensing for it. By saving the uncensored versions for their dubs they hope make at least some money from their blu-ray sells.

Truthfully, I think they get the bulk of their money from their premium subscribers, and ads on their Funimation channel more than anything else.

they aren't given the uncensored ATX broadcast for their simulcast, just the censored normal tv channel broadcast. However, at some point before the dub gets uploaded for Elite subscribers and released on DVD/BD, they will replace the censored simulcast with the uncensored BD release. this happens for every show that they have that is censored and later uncensored on BD/DVD.
Aug 26, 2013 10:44 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was awesome, had a little bit of everything packed into one.
Aug 26, 2013 10:45 PM

Feb 2012
Not as good as last week's episode, but I knew topping that would be almost impossible. Still enjoyed thiis episode, especially the kiss. Glad to see the ball is rolling a little bit when it comes to that
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2013 10:51 PM

Jan 2011
Another great episode. Haha, Xenovia has lots of condom packets and gives one to Asia. Asia is so innocent that she doesn't even know what they're used for. xD Issei is so TALENTED. He imagined Rias' naked body and was able to craft it perfectly with clay. That was hilarious. :D Serafall is an overlord and is also Sona's older sister, I didn't expect that at all. Issei's dad and Rias' dad get along so well. Rias acting all embarrassed and depressed was pretty cute. That kiss scene was beautiful though. Rias x Issei is the best. Then Asia had to interrupt. D: I'm guessing the bishop is Gaspar. Looking forward to the next episode. :)
5/5
Aug 27, 2013 5:28 AM

Aug 2013
kuuurt said:
Rias is so damn cute. Dat surprise kiss.

Yes. ^.^
My Candies:
Aug 27, 2013 2:19 PM

Feb 2012
I hope they make a real version of that clay figure.

I'd be all over it ;D
Aug 27, 2013 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome romantic and well animated kiss scene this episode.
All around entertaining
Aug 27, 2013 9:04 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed a lot this episode, not much goin on but still, have some funny moments and a good kiss scene
Aug 28, 2013 1:02 AM

May 2012
Rias acting soo cute lately

I prefer these comedy episodes than the action ones when it comes to DxD.
Aug 28, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
kei78 said:
Instead of the low quality poledancing Rias figure, they should have released Issei's Rias clay figure <3

I fully expect this figure to be released. any individual with the slightest marketing ability should know this figure has to be released.
Aug 28, 2013 6:43 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah it was good parenting typo episode the big sis act was kinda funny live theending song of the new season ..the opening song of older season was kinda good too
AqUar!An
Aug 28, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2013
I want Issei to give up his dream of being a harem king, and end up with Rias. Shes just too damn cute.
My Candies:
Aug 28, 2013 10:25 AM

May 2011
Hope to see more of the Vanishing Dragon host.

Cute cosplay from Serafall :)

Can't wait to see the locked away bishop.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2013 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
nseika said:
Jova666 said:

Asia… just seeing from the anime, Issei probably see her more like a sister or daughter than someone to bang.

Even with the harem declaration, most of the girls doesn't seem to go more than flirting partners for him.

Browsing the s1 subforum found a good answer (not to say yours wasn't :D)

Jova666Aug 28, 2013 11:47 AM
Aug 28, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
That was a great figure by Issei....

Another good episode.
Aug 28, 2013 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
Jova666 said:
nseika said:
Jova666 said:

Not sure if the first sentence is an actual spoiler or not so I'll tag it anyway

Aug 28, 2013 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
Iolo said:
I want Issei to give up his dream of being a harem king, and end up with Rias. Shes just too damn cute.

Agreed, Rias is extremely cute with her new emotions of being depressed and embarrassed (not to mention being herself = extremely cute too) and they're a perfect couple.
Aug 28, 2013 4:29 PM

Jun 2013
Gary29 said:
Jova666 said:
nseika said:
Jova666 said:

Not sure if the first sentence is an actual spoiler or not so I'll tag it anyway

I wrote the post quoted in that link - I'm basing that assessment on the series to date, as I haven't read the LIght Novel(s). It's entirely possible that, as the story progresses, Issei evolves and figures out what he wants. My main point is that it's unfair to criticize him as a character for not acting on his perverse fantasies, because he's so inexperienced with women. Just because someone is a pervert and loves boobies doesn't mean they're going to be some sort of casanova - it's natural that he would be hesitant and nervous when presented with these opportunities, especially from such well-endowed women.

He's just confused with what's fantasy and what's reality at this point in the story. That still leaves lots of opportunity for him to grow in different directions, whether he actually pursues the harem angle or not.
Aug 28, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2013
Gary29 said:
Iolo said:

Agreed, Rias is extremely cute with her new emotions of being depressed and embarrassed (not to mention being herself = extremely cute too) and they're a perfect couple.

I'm glad you agree :)

That surprise kiss, the pool and how she was jealous. When she asks if he was happy that he met her. Definitely perfect couple.
My Candies:
Aug 28, 2013 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
elrond99 said:
Gary29 said:
Jova666 said:
nseika said:
Jova666 said:

I wrote the post quoted in that link - I'm basing that assessment on the series to date, as I haven't read the LIght Novel(s). It's entirely possible that, as the story progresses, Issei evolves and figures out what he wants. My main point is that it's unfair to criticize him as a character for not acting on his perverse fantasies, because he's so inexperienced with women. Just because someone is a pervert and loves boobies doesn't mean they're going to be some sort of casanova - it's natural that he would be hesitant and nervous when presented with these opportunities, especially from such well-endowed women.

He's just confused with what's fantasy and what's reality at this point in the story. That still leaves lots of opportunity for him to grow in different directions, whether he actually pursues the harem angle or not.

Yeah I see what you're saying, and I agree, there's a difference between being a pervert and then being nervous and hesitant when given the opportunity to act upon his fantasies because he is so inexperienced with girls (plus the incident with Raynare adds to his hesitancy, as he doesn't want that to happen again with Rias and company). Honestly I think he doesn't want the harem angle anymore once he realizes that Rias' feels the same way about him as he does about her, but by that point there isn't much he can do about it because he already has a harem. Ishibumi would have to do some major renovations to make Issei end up with only Rias and still keep the other girls happy somehow.
Aug 28, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
elrond99 said:
Gary29 said:
Jova666 said:
nseika said:
Jova666 said:

For someone who hasn't read the LN your assessment is actually really good and spot on. It's really hard to find someone who actually looks deeper into his character and not dismiss him as an annoying generic pervert mc and bash him to no end (like so many posters are doing). Kudos.
Aug 28, 2013 6:29 PM

Mar 2013
I think the main question is how many girls is he going to end up with rather than if he's going to have a harem or not at this point.

Aug 28, 2013 8:20 PM

Jul 2013
I don't think its been said yet although it have been for all I know but its at LEAST been hinted at. But there is a reason that Issei seems to attract people. I'll include it as a spoiler just in case.

Work in progress...
Aug 28, 2013 11:15 PM
Aug 2013
Black--Swordsman said:
I don't think its been said yet although it have been for all I know but its at LEAST been hinted at. But there is a reason that Issei seems to attract people. I'll include it as a spoiler just in case.

Totally true think about , wukong and cao cao that he will meet later in the LN.
As well as sameal's poison who will lead to his end
Aug 29, 2013 5:17 AM

Nov 2012
here is the kiss :/ idk what issei thinking -_-
but okay for me.. but it is kind weird when rias's brother seeing this but say nothing :3
and some crazy stuff like condoms XD
Aug 29, 2013 5:42 AM

Jul 2013
bladeshare said:

Dude, come on. Think before you post. Lets try and not have any spoilers if possible.
Work in progress...
Aug 29, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Does the new episode come out on Sunday?
My Candies:
Aug 29, 2013 3:08 PM

Aug 2013
Iolo said:

Yes, and is translated to English late Sunday night (depending on your time zone, of course)
Aug 29, 2013 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
Gary29 said:
Iolo said:

Yes, and is translated to English late Sunday night (depending on your time zone, of course)

Thanks ill be looking forward to it
My Candies:
Aug 29, 2013 4:51 PM

Apr 2013
LMAO this episode was so random. Prez's nude sculpture, her dad, Mahou shoujo, Xenovia with condoms :P
Aug 29, 2013 5:32 PM

May 2012
Random kiss and it looks like we're gonna see a new harem member next ep, totally wasn't expecting that.

I've re-played the show ending at least 30 times now and I still can't get enough of it. It's way too fucking epic.

EDIT:
lightXTCAug 29, 2013 5:45 PM
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.