Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 6, 2009 9:03 PM

Aug 2008
Uh... this is just the first episode, but my impressions aren't good. The art was terrible, the comedy didn't reach me... the flow didn't fit my taste. I really did not enjoy this first episode as much as I thought I would have.

Nonetheless, I had no problems with the previous two seasons, so I will give this season more chances before deciding whether to drop or keep watching it.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 6, 2009 9:58 PM

Dec 2007
Animation was disappointing, Nevertheless, i enjoyed this first episode more than the second season, with its returning slapstick humour that entertained me. Still, its good to see minami-ke back.
Jan 6, 2009 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
Animation was bad. :I
But I got laughs out of this episode. :D
Jan 6, 2009 11:08 PM

Jul 2007
Wasn't too bad, but there wasn't nearly enough Hosaka.
Jan 6, 2009 11:25 PM
Jan 2008
Ah good ol' minami-ke. Loved the ending of this episode haha
Jan 7, 2009 1:24 AM

Jan 2009
Alpha_522 said:
Ah good ol' minami-ke. Loved the ending of this episode haha

Yeah, the enging was quite funny. I also rofled when
Jan 7, 2009 2:02 AM
Jan 2008
Where did the magic go? ;_;

Average episode, terrible pacing (ED should not be inserted half-way, guiz), bad art.

And no Mako-cakes.
Jan 7, 2009 2:50 AM

Mar 2008
okaeri chiaki, haruka and uchida!
hmm not a bad start.. but not very impressive.. a few gliches in the art and low-profiled animation..
loved the heart-warming story though.. and the jokes on takeru and hosaka really makes my day! lol can't imagine wat kind of loser gets 100+ "daikyou"s ^^;;; "ZETTAI DAME" haha..
and "Cup Soba Genshou!" was a great catchphrase too ^^
just hope they made more effort on the art and animation
Jan 7, 2009 4:24 AM

Feb 2008
Overall it was nothing special, only average in comparison to some of the great episodes in the first season. The animation was bad for a first episode and in comparison to season one, there wasn't much movement either, so I'm quite disappointed. The script wasn't that bad with some nice jokes and funny interactions, but without reaching the quality of season one in any aspect.
Jan 7, 2009 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
Okay, so mhy thoughts of the first ep:
-Animation of the characters went a step back, unfortunately, though I got used to it half way of the episode.
-Loved the orange on kana's finger trick :D xD
-Still good no explainable jokes.
-Can't wait.

~de Arimasu
Jan 7, 2009 1:26 PM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
Chaki apparently likes Fujioka...or maybe that was just a joke either way it was funny when she pulled him over and sat on his lap and treated him like a chair.

That's from the first season. She did that after Haruka told her that Fujioka reminded her of their father.

One of the points I meant with "They first-season'd it too much". It didn't really make that much sense to dig up that all of a sudden after it was ignored during season 2 and most of season 1. I will forgive those aspects though if they bring back Yamada for no reason. <3
Jan 7, 2009 1:49 PM

Dec 2008
It was okay, IMO, not as great as the first season. As usual, animation wasn't great, and honestly, not much happened. Was kind of bored with the episode, really, but I pulled through. I was glad to see Hosaka though, since he amuses me. Aside from that, I guess I'll just follow the series anyway, and hope it picks up.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 7, 2009 3:17 PM

Feb 2008
To be honest, it's just not the art that bothered me, it's pretty much everything else. I loved the first 2 seasons of Minami-ke but after watching the first episode of the 3rd season, I'm definitely not expecting a lot now. Hosaka is the show really. Maybe next week's episode will prove me wrong.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Jan 7, 2009 4:30 PM

Apr 2008
Over all it was a very watchable episode. Nothing was side splitting funny but it really did have some funny moments. I will be even happier if they fix the art work. Loved the ending!
Jan 7, 2009 6:23 PM

Jun 2007
Spade said:
DeathfireD said:
Chaki apparently likes Fujioka...or maybe that was just a joke either way it was funny when she pulled him over and sat on his lap and treated him like a chair.

That's from the first season. She did that after Haruka told her that Fujioka reminded her of their father.

One of the points I meant with "They first-season'd it too much". It didn't really make that much sense to dig up that all of a sudden after it was ignored during season 2 and most of season 1. I will forgive those aspects though if they bring back Yamada for no reason. <3

Oh ya, I totally forgot about that haha.
Jan 7, 2009 6:26 PM
Aug 2008
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy s02 |D

The OP was alot like s01's (lyric-wise and extra vocal-wise) so it seemed a bit weird 8D; I couldn't get into the first half of the episode at all but it got a bit better with the cup yakisoba! The finding lost objects thing was pretty cool |D may have to try that myself.

Can't decide whether to drop this or see if it improves O<>O; Might just go find more of the manga |D
Jan 7, 2009 6:33 PM

Sep 2008
I don't want to complain, because no matter what, I'm glad they decided to make a third season. But I was still a little disappointed with the art and found the first episode a little boring. Course all first episodes are a little boring, so I'm just hoping this will get better.
Jan 8, 2009 8:45 AM
Apr 2008
I loved it. It was funny and cute, just like the other two seasons. It holds promise for another great run. The animation is a little different and the first episode was a little slow, but overall I enjoyed it very much.
Jan 8, 2009 9:04 AM

Sep 2007
Just watched this.

For some reason, I hate Season 2. They really did try to make this season feel like the first. You can see it everywhere from the Hosaka "Aha Aha Aha" to the Opening theme.
Season 2 is a big disappointment for me.

Overall, it is okay, hope they improve the art though... still can't be on the level of season 1 yet though =)

I am hoping BOSSU t shirt will be back Lawl
Jan 8, 2009 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
sHsIkuA said:

I thought Minami-ke aimed at not wearing the same clothing twice (at least they did that in season 1), so most likely it won't :(
Jan 8, 2009 9:21 AM

Sep 2007
HoaRy said:
sHsIkuA said:

I thought Minami-ke aimed at not wearing the same clothing twice (at least they did that in season 1), so most likely it won't :(

Well since Season 1 and Season 3 have different producers/directors and because they want to get back the season 1 feel (as what I've seen) I think there's a slight chance it will happen

Anyway, I'm still happy that Minami-ke is back. Moar Kana, Moar Lolness
Jan 8, 2009 11:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hmm, dunno. Chiaki sounds kind of weird and the animation hasn't really improved.

The bit with the pen was funny though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 8, 2009 11:43 AM

Sep 2008
It was awesome, I didn't the art was bad at all, it was quite good. Can't wait for the rest of the eps to come out ^_^
Jan 8, 2009 1:04 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Hmm, dunno. Chiaki sounds kind of weird and the animation hasn't really improved.
I seem to remember her always sounding like that, like a very polite robot :)

DeathfireD said:
Yeah, I thought I had forgotten something, from the second season maybe, where Chiaki started to like Fujioka. It's more likely she was just messing with Uchida. Either way, it was funny.

Good first episode, it's nice to see the sisters again. I didn't even notice the animation fails, despite having seen them before. You guys need to lighten up.
Jan 8, 2009 1:14 PM

May 2007
The first part was absolutely boring. Can animation be actually worse? It was even worse than Akikan. I thought of dropping it in the middle of the episode. After the ED song, it got better, I actually laughed. The best part was, of course, the Hosaka part.

2.5/5 ---> 3/5 for the first episode, hope it gets better.
Jan 8, 2009 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
Surprisingly I found this okay. Yes the animation is a bit iffy but at least they ditch 2nd seasons style.
Jan 8, 2009 3:51 PM

Jul 2006
I thought this episode was kind of boring.
The only thing that stood out was the pen thing.

Jan 8, 2009 9:16 PM

Jul 2007
Well, if you've watched the first two seasons, this one will be no surprise. It's just what I expected, a lower-quality version of season two. Poor pacing and bad artwork will probably doom it just the same. Though I guess it did give a little something for the Hosaka fans out there.

I'll probably still watch all of it though.
_k1_Jan 8, 2009 9:23 PM
Jan 8, 2009 11:38 PM

Feb 2008
Not as bad as I thought it would be considering the initial reception people seemed to have over the show. Not great though. I'll watch it anyways just for Chiaki and Hosaka though :/
Jan 9, 2009 12:04 AM

Nov 2007
Is it just me, or did the animation get even worse than it was in season 2? Anyway it's not a bad first episode, but not particularly good either. I'm hoping things would improve in the future (especially the animation).

Jan 9, 2009 7:02 AM

Jan 2008
Well, I didn't expected much since Okaeri is produced by those guys who did Okawari too. But it turned out more better than second, really. I think they were trying for make this season more like first season : ).
Character designs are much better (Fujioka in this season is more handsome *giggle* XD), I liked the songs, but there's one thing which is worse than two first seasons. What the heck happened to Chiaki's voice? It seems kind of weird o_O. Hope it's only in this episode...

I still hope that Kana will finally realize who's gonna be her future husband (lol) and they'll become a canon couple XD. Also I hope for return of other-Minami-family :3. After watching the OP animation, I think they appear!

Nice episode. Liked it a lot.

Jan 9, 2009 7:13 AM
Dec 2008
i honestly loved everything about this episode, the first few mins just grabbed me . art was amazing as well
Jan 9, 2009 8:06 AM

Dec 2007
A nice episode to open the series with. It sure was enjoyable and I hope they can keep this level throughout the series.
Jan 9, 2009 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
Animation didn't bother me, I enjoyed it. Seems better than season 2 so far
Jan 9, 2009 8:57 AM

Jul 2008
Well...I was really glad that the new season is already airing but...seriously, the animation kinda fails. * I remembered being speechless after I saw the post on sankakucomplex*

Jan 10, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
I liked it! Just some scenes were kind weird, like the Haruka's eye in one scene...
And yay! Hosaka appeared! BTW, does anyone know the name of Hosaka's theme song?

9/10 episode!
Jan 10, 2009 4:40 PM

Jul 2007
wakka9ca said:
Fujibayashi said:
HosakaTetsugake said:
Animation and art is great!

Sure is great.

I'm impressed by the renowned asread quality.

aaaggh.. my eyes! my eyes!

The art and animation, if continue like this, will beat VK in terms of crappiness.....

PLEASE TELL MT THIS ISNT TRUE.PLEASE.
I just finished 2nd season (that i found as good as first) but if this is terrible i prefer keeping Minami's good image instead
Jan 11, 2009 9:26 AM

Aug 2008
Weak, a total disappointment...and I liked Okawari.
Jan 11, 2009 10:24 PM

Sep 2007
Humor is hit or miss, as usual. (Cup yakisoba phenomenon, wtf? Was that supposed to be funny?)

And honestly I can't tell the difference between this season's animation and Okawari's. Is it that bad?
Jan 11, 2009 10:38 PM

Aug 2008
Cloud1234 said:
wakka9ca said:
Fujibayashi said:
HosakaTetsugake said:
Animation and art is great!

Sure is great.

I'm impressed by the renowned asread quality.

aaaggh.. my eyes! my eyes!

The art and animation, if continue like this, will beat VK in terms of crappiness.....

PLEASE TELL MT THIS ISNT TRUE.PLEASE.
I just finished 2nd season (that i found as good as first) but if this is terrible i prefer keeping Minami's good image instead

i didnt belive this

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/05/minamike-okaeri-drawing-fail/

until i saw the episode today. seriously they hav to stop doin a half assed job
on the animation. or could it be that the current economic crisis is
affecting japan too?:/

lol
Jan 12, 2009 1:19 AM

Sep 2007
naikou said:
Cup yakisoba phenomenon, wtf? Was that supposed to be funny?

One of my favorite parts actually. I was expecting a certain teacher crashing in from nowhere, screaming "Cup Yakisoba Phenomenon left me in despair!". Really, for a moment I thought I was watching the wrong show. XD
Jan 12, 2009 8:49 AM

Sep 2007
It did feel like they were trying to go for Zetsubou-style humor in that scene, but instead of continuing the crazy metaphor, it was like, "You know how some things are supposed to be the same, but are actually completely different? Like instant Yakisoba and.... old tea... and... Uh, I guess that's it." -_-

I did like the part where the pen pointed out Kana's various misdeeds. I'm sure that - whatever direction it pointed - it would have revealed one of her crimes.
Jan 15, 2009 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
The first season will always be the best, but I am very much enjoying this. : D Some of the characters I'd forgotten, like the cousin. He's amusing. XD

The animation wasn't that bad...but the second and third aren't as good as the first in that category.

Humor wise, there were it's moments. I liked the pen thing. xD
Jan 17, 2009 1:40 PM

Oct 2008
I didn't watched the first two seasons due to a lack of time and also that I didn't really like the animation all that much, but I guess I have mistaken. This is quite a good anime or the least to say, it is somewhat funny..

Jan 21, 2009 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
First I liked 1st season's style, then I liked 2nd season's style.. Now I'm wondering which is this animationstyle. It seems so weird ! I thought that the animationteam was the same as on first season :/

// well, it seems just so different that I couldn't believe that fact first : D

SonjaJan 22, 2009 7:38 AM

Jan 21, 2009 1:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sonja said:
First I liked 1st season's style, then I liked 2nd season's style.. Now I'm wondering which is this animationstyle. It seems so weird ! I thought that the animationteam was the same as on first season :/
This season's animation is done by the same lame ass team that did season 2.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 24, 2009 3:50 AM

Aug 2007
OP sucks, ED sucks... a bit.

I was really impatient with this episode. Nothing was funny apart from Kana saying 'Matchmaking'.

I also watched this episode with bad/slow dubs so that was annoying.

Hosaka... yay he unbuttoned his shirt, but what happened to his extra hottness??

*sigh* This better be worth my time...
Jan 30, 2009 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
Ah excellent, the third season seems to be keeping a good steady pace with the content. I think this one will be a winner too. Is it just me, or is Chiaki getting as random as Kana?
Mar 12, 2009 10:19 PM

Jul 2007
May 7, 2009 2:52 PM

Nov 2007
2nd season animation and OP theme were better, made Kana cuter =(. ED theme is better, here.

Damn, Hosaka's back, lol

Loved the Fujioka-Takeru and pen-drop moments.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 10, 2009

89 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jun 10, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kraker2k - Jan 19, 2009

60 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jun 6, 2023 8:00 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Jan 11, 2009

99 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 23, 2009

56 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 21, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke Okaeri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

lonehunter88 - Mar 29, 2009

100 by yveltalkyogre »»
Mar 27, 2023 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.