Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2013 10:15 PM

Nov 2010
KingCez said:
so is kurugaya route gonna be next season? cant be done in one ep

It's implicitly confirmed that it will be in the next season.

As one of "haven't saw Refrain" guy, this episodes already give me chills. I haven't speculating anything explicitly, but I guess my body was already preparing for something huge...

Also, good comedy at the pork cutlet scene, and that Mio + Komari-Kyousuke story is epic.

Finally a full blown Rin episode and Rin really grows in my heart atm.

And in the end we got a KEY-imbued feeling scene, with a Komari+Rin time. One of the most beautiful scene in LB! anime so far.

Absolutely my favorite EP so far. Also brought a huge fuel for REFRAIN HYPE
Mar 23, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2012
Haha, Masato and his dumbells. I really like this episode, everything flows well and I'm genuinely interested in the storyline.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 23, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2009
no black hair girl arc? wtf is this
Mar 23, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2011
Kurogashi said:

Most likely her arc will be on the next season or OVA.

Mar 23, 2013 10:29 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, if only the whole show could be like the previous few episodes. I know they didn't want to hint at what was going on so early, but man was the first half of this season boring because it felt like it had absolutely no direction. This episode and the last one or two were by far the most interesting because it starts to hint that maybe something else is going on - it's freaking great!

Man I'm bummed out that the whole show couldn't have been like this!

This is probably going to pull a higurashi on me. Meaning that the first season was just mediocre, but I will be fully invested in the second season.
Mar 23, 2013 10:29 PM

Oct 2012
All this refrain talk makes me really excited to see where this is going.

I have the VN (are there different VNs? found Ecstacy and one without), but haven't played it by now.... so should i wait for the series to end and then play it or the other way around?

It's so hard to resist clicking on the spoiler button.... i got to be strong :D
Mar 23, 2013 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
SleepingEntity said:
I bet a lot of viewers wouldn't even know that LB is connected to Clannad, let alone know what "Key" is.

From which company they were didn't matter to them. What matters is the content of those series.

SleepingEntity said:
People just naturally go for the KyoAni label, which I personally think isn't always a good thing.

It isn't now already a good thing anymore given the number of moeshits series they adapted recently.

Indeed, which is why I am utterly astounded by the fact that Chunnibyou and K-ON are so popular, more so than Clannad and LB combined. If you watch a good series, don't you naturally find its source and see what else they have created? Why people pay more attention to the producer rather than the writer is beyond me.

Kurogashi said:

..."black hair girl"...?

*eyebrow raised*

One would think everyone would know their names by now. In any case, it was implied that it will be in season 2.
Mar 23, 2013 10:38 PM

Mar 2013
It's going to be pretty sad once Refrain comes around. All these indications and signs kinda got me shaking. especially the book and the rooftop scene.
Mar 23, 2013 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
Aviz said:

I have the VN (are there different VNs? found Ecstacy and one without), but haven't played it by now.... so should i wait for the series to end and then play it or the other way around?

Here are the different versions:
Original - kinda self explanatory
EX - original + Kanata, Sasami, and Saya + more lines to Haruka and Kud's route + h scenes
ME - EX without the H
PE - ME with full voice (Riki is not voiced until Refrain) + 1 new cg + sprite for A-chan (dorm head)
Note that the current english patch for EX and ME (PE is unsupported but there is a possibility for a patch) only translates the original part. It also disables Muscle Revolution, H scenes (in EX), and EX routes if you selected "No" to the "Do you know the secrets of the world?" after loading the game for the 1st time.

I suggest reading through the common route at the least. It fleshes out the characters and trust me, reading the common route will give you a bigger impact for Refrain. I suggest reading through the character routes too. You can stop reading if you have Kurugaya and Rin2 left if you don't want to be "spoiled" and want to watch the anime as an anime-only viewer. Kurugaya's ending will wtf you and Rin2 is when the actual plot of LB! picks up. If you'd like to jump on the "vn was amazing, REFRAIN HYPEEEE" bandwagon, complete Rin2 and Refrain; that's when everything get serious and shines.
dizzyworld2Mar 23, 2013 10:49 PM
Mar 23, 2013 10:51 PM

Nov 2010
Aviz said:

I think it's better to watch the anime until it ends (or play the VN and stop before kurugaya-rin2-refrain). Usually it's safer to leave the more complete materials for later.

The only exception is if the adaptation is so terrible and don't do the material justice at all. In that case, better to read the VN first so you won't be spoiled by the anime (Which didn't have any impact at all). I already prepared for this before, but I think I have some faith for J.C for now. I will wait until the TV end before I continue to read the VN again (I don't have the time needed for that, anyway).
Mar 23, 2013 11:38 PM

Feb 2013
Man that episode, Rin and Komari together are so cute, can't wait for more interaction between them in the future. The time they spend making puppets together was so enjoyable to watch and I can say that they are really getting that friendship thing down well. Also the relationship between Riki and Rin is slowly building up, they're also so cute together. This was a really good common route episode, if not the best one so far with everyone working together yet again and everyone getting some time in the spotlight. Those stories were pretty awesome and really reminded me of this part in the VN. Overall, this was adapted very well and very entertaining. Oh Mio, that puppet show...

All in all a great episode, yay for heavy focus on Riki, Rin and Komari. Glad to see this relationship continuing and being reinforced further. That roof scene was

Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 23, 2013 11:41 PM
Jun 2012
shcboomer said:
Man that episode, Rin and Komari together are so cute, can't wait for more interaction between them in the future. The time they spend making puppets together was so enjoyable to watch and I can say that they are really getting that friendship thing down well. Also the relationship between Riki and Rin is slowly building up, they're also so cute together. This was a really good common route episode, if not the best one so far with everyone working together yet again and everyone getting some time in the spotlight. Those stories were pretty awesome and really reminded me of this part in the VN. Overall, this was adapted very well and very entertaining. Oh Mio, that puppet show...

All in all a great episode, yay for heavy focus on Riki, Rin and Komari. Glad to see this relationship continuing and being reinforced further. That roof scene was

One thing that I've noticed about this adaptation is that it brings out that friendship between Rin and Komari better than the VN did. In the VN I never really noticed a deeper relationship between them than between Rin and any of the other girls until the end.
Mar 23, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
lavanio said:
shcboomer said:

One thing that I've noticed about this adaptation is that it brings out that friendship between Rin and Komari better than the VN did. In the VN I never really noticed a deeper relationship between them than between Rin and any of the other girls until the end.

Someone from the staff producing LB did say before the anime aired that the relationship between Komari and Rin would be fleshed out in more detail. Which makes sense, since anime is more "3rd person" than the almost strictly 1st person VN.
Mar 23, 2013 11:56 PM

Feb 2013
SleepingEntity said:

Someone from the staff producing LB did say before the anime aired that the relationship between Komari and Rin would be fleshed out in more detail. Which makes sense, since anime is more "3rd person" than the almost strictly 1st person VN.

Yeah you're right that would make a lot of sense, glad to see JC staff putting in some effort in terms of adaptation and pushing the key relationships. It is indeed true that the 3rd person perspective helps as they can pan the view out a bit and not just force the whole 'Riki' thing.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 24, 2013 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
That preview.
Mar 24, 2013 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
CrimsonPhantom said:
I'm sure most VN players had the chills from that rooftop scene. Refrain is near, guys!

BRACE YOURSELVES!

That Mio Doll play was just adorable.
Mar 24, 2013 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
Absolutely flawless. That rooftop scene almost got me into tears.
I can easily say that this episode is my favorite so far.

And at last, Kengo's stuff will be next episode. I was actually anticipating it to be done in the earlier episodes but I think this is better.

5/5
julyanMar 24, 2013 12:15 AM
Mar 24, 2013 12:16 AM

Apr 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Sa-chan_ said:
SleepingEntity said:
I bet a lot of viewers wouldn't even know that LB is connected to Clannad, let alone know what "Key" is.

From which company they were didn't matter to them. What matters is the content of those series.

SleepingEntity said:
People just naturally go for the KyoAni label, which I personally think isn't always a good thing.

It isn't now already a good thing anymore given the number of moeshits series they adapted recently.

Indeed, which is why I am utterly astounded by the fact that Chunnibyou and K-ON are so popular, more so than Clannad and LB combined. If you watch a good series, don't you naturally find its source and see what else they have created? Why people pay more attention to the producer rather than the writer is beyond me.

In all fairness, if you can get past the moe (but still gorgeous) art style, Chuunibyou is actually not a moeblob series. Maybe not the best plot wise, but not a moeblob (as in, nothing going for it but the moe). Though you're right about K-On, Tamako Market, etc.

Anyhow, loved this episode! Hopefully all of the J.C. Staff haters will stop all of the pointless "sucky adaptation!!1!1!!" comments now that the meat of the series is approaching (and having played the VN myself, this is not a bad adaptation at all; well worth the watch these past two seasons).

Mar 24, 2013 12:41 AM

Mar 2013
egnaro315 said:
That preview.

YAY!

AndyRayy said:

Hopefully all of the J.C. Staff haters will stop all of the pointless "sucky adaptation!!1!1!!" comments.

Well,to most people having 1 or 2 good episodes doesn't really help this show get out of that "sucky adaption" zone .
Hater gonna hate.
And I'm more worry about the drop of viewers even before ss2 or b4 refrain come and save the day ._.
Mar 24, 2013 12:47 AM

Sep 2012
zakkun89 said:
egnaro315 said:
That preview.

YAY!

AndyRayy said:

Hopefully all of the J.C. Staff haters will stop all of the pointless "sucky adaptation!!1!1!!" comments.

Well,to most people having 1 or 2 good episodes doesn't really help this show get out of that "sucky adaption" zone .
Hater gonna hate.
And I'm more worry about the drop of viewers even before ss2 or b4 refrain come and save the day ._.

Well, ultimately there will be reviews covering Refrain, which should help educate potential viewers somewhat.

But for the time being, we all get to be super hipster when it comes to LB.
Mar 24, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2009
VictorTurtle said:
bippo said:
REFRAIN HERE WE GO
I swear that if they do Refrain in 2 episodes I will kill myself

2 episodes?
please
no
just no
nope
(╥﹏╥)/
Mar 24, 2013 12:49 AM

Feb 2013
zakkun89 said:
Hater gonna hate.

I'd say as a whole LB has been adapted pretty well, I can't blame people for not sticking around after the first few episodes though. The first few episodes definitely felt like it needed some work. It got much better going into the route and seems to have finally hit expectations as most users wanted to see. I believe the biggest hurdle was the the expectations placed on the show at the beginning. When it wasn't met people just dropped and now the people left get to see some enjoyable scenes and a pretty good adaptation. If we're lucky Refrain/season 2 will be amazing and have people watch season 1 again. It worked with Clannad a fair bit.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 24, 2013 1:57 AM

Nov 2012
MagicFlier said:
VictorTurtle said:
bippo said:
REFRAIN HERE WE GO
I swear that if they do Refrain in 2 episodes I will kill myself

2 episodes?
please
no
just no
nope
(╥﹏╥)/

season 2 was hinted -->http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=511559
my guess is that refrain may end up there.
Mar 24, 2013 2:07 AM
Feb 2012
ok.....what the hell is refrain thing that you guys been saying??
dont own or played the novel

anyone care to elaborate this thing to me?
i dont mind spoilers
Mar 24, 2013 2:18 AM

Jan 2012
half23 said:

i dont mind spoilers

True end route of Little Busters!

Its pretty much unanimously agreed that the Refrain route is the best part about Little Busters.
Mar 24, 2013 2:19 AM
Feb 2012
nosiy2 said:
half23 said:

i dont mind spoilers

Final route of the Little Busters! visual novel.

Its pretty much unanimously agreed that the Refrain route is the best part about Little Busters.

if you dont mind, please message me the ending...
Mar 24, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2009
They need to announce Refrain for this Fall
Mar 24, 2013 2:31 AM

Sep 2012
half23 said:
nosiy2 said:
half23 said:

i dont mind spoilers

DON'T DO IT MAN.
Mar 24, 2013 2:35 AM

Aug 2008
Seano299 said:
LMAO!! The scene with Mio and her dolls is practically killing me! "Sir! Yes, Sir!" and the way she ways "Bating Start!!" is absoultely hilarious! XD

True dat.

Nice cat-thingy. And that moment near the end was nerve racking.
Mar 24, 2013 2:42 AM
Feb 2012
SleepingEntity said:
half23 said:
nosiy2 said:
half23 said:

i dont mind spoilers

DON'T DO IT MAN.

why not? i can enjoy the show even with spoiler :D
Mar 24, 2013 2:55 AM

Sep 2012
julyan04 said:
Absolutely flawless. That rooftop scene almost got me into tears.
I can easily say that this episode is my favorite so far.

And at last, Kengo's stuff will be next episode. I was actually anticipating it to be done in the earlier episodes but I think this is better.

5/5

Yes, here I was thinking the episode had been so happy and positive to that point that I would watch an episode of Little Busters without any tears but then... That roof scene... Tears again from Little Busters...

Kengos stuff does seem to have taken a while.

5/5 absolutely.
Mar 24, 2013 3:09 AM

Jan 2011
half23 said:
SleepingEntity said:
half23 said:
nosiy2 said:
half23 said:

i dont mind spoilers

DON'T DO IT MAN.

why not? i can enjoy the show even with spoiler :D

Don't let out the secret MAN! the secret of the World..~
Mar 24, 2013 3:12 AM

Sep 2011
I was totally moved on this episode. Too bad it seems this episode still wouldn't save this series.

Mar 24, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
I was totally moved on this episode. Too bad it seems this episode still wouldn't save this series.

I guess just difference of opinion but I don't see what needs saving. I have enjoyed the entire series, lots of great arcs with a good mix of comedy and serious emotions as they work through various characters problems. Very rewatchable, personally I think it is great as it is.
Mar 24, 2013 3:36 AM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I guess just difference of opinion but I don't see what needs saving. I have enjoyed the entire series, lots of great arcs with a good mix of comedy and serious emotions as they work through various characters problems. Very rewatchable, personally I think it is great as it is.

>I guess just difference of opinion

There you have it. It's still a fact that many people bitching this show but that's before and I don't know if it's still until now. For me, if I neglect my knowledge about the source material, this series is still mediocre to me but there are some episodes like this one that I can say it's really awesome and worth watching.

Mar 24, 2013 4:09 AM

Jun 2009
OH THE FORESHADOWING!!!!

What is going to happen?!

Dammit!! Quickly end already so I can go read the damn novel!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 4:37 AM
Dec 2012
I'm so scared that they might skip Refrain. because no one was seen on the school. Thank Goodness, Komari is still on the rooftop
Mar 24, 2013 5:11 AM

Nov 2009
An entertaining episode with the Penguin story which I thought was a well made and performed story by Rin and Komari.

The scene with the rooftop created tension for me but good to see that they have a really good relationship.

Next Episode is about the recruitment for a new member and I will be looking forward to it!!

5/5

Mar 24, 2013 5:26 AM

Nov 2012
I was so impressed with this episode. I thought JC staff hit the nail on the head. Good job. I am even more confident that they will get Refrain right!!

*Gives a thumbs up*
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Mar 24, 2013 6:05 AM
Jan 2012
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK JC STAFF YOU TROLLED ME SO HARD!!!! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Mar 24, 2013 6:29 AM
Oct 2012
Amazing episode. Truly the best so far. This shows that Refrain should go well, at least.
Mar 24, 2013 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
The end part almost gave me an heart attack.

Great Episode!

Im hoping that JC Staff can pull this off
Mar 24, 2013 6:54 AM

Oct 2010
Wow... WOW! J.C. Staff really surprised me! This was one hell of an episode!

They were really smart on using this part of the game to make Komari and Rin's friendship deeper, probably to create more impact towards the end (whoever played through Refrain knows what I mean).

And that part of the eight dwarves was pure genious. Bravo, J.C. Staff. Bravo.
Mar 24, 2013 7:01 AM

Oct 2011
Oh... the rooftop scene ;_; There were so many hints from this episode...Refrain is coming! And good thing to see that J.C. Staff is finally doing something right.

And it seems like next episode is going to be a tearjerker too... Koshiki!!
Mar 24, 2013 7:19 AM

Jul 2011
Sa-chan_ said:

This is my problem too. This episode was really good, but it doesn't make up for the many really boring, rushed, and mediocre episodes that aired initially. Though this and the last couple episodes will probably raise my overall score of this season from a 5 to a 6.
Mar 24, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2010
Random45 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

This is my problem too. This episode was really good, but it doesn't make up for the many really boring, rushed, and mediocre episodes that aired initially. Though this and the last couple episodes will probably raise my overall score of this season from a 5 to a 6.

Well, of course some good build up episodes can't carry the whole first season.

But I think the next season could, just like Clannad AS blow the whole score of Clannad (whole series) to the roof and saves the day. But of course, only time will tell.
Mar 24, 2013 8:32 AM

May 2010
Mio....u surprised me.. that was so funny.

Looks like Rin & komari are best friends now.That story was nice.
Mar 24, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
Random45 said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Well, of course some good build up episodes can't carry the whole first season.

But I think the next season could, just like Clannad AS blow the whole score of Clannad (whole series) to the roof and saves the day. But of course, only time will tell.

If the ratings become more based on those who watch the series completely, including both seasons, it can make a recovery and make people change their first season ratings.
It still hits my feels during more than half of the episodes, so I'm just glad it's getting an anime right now.
Mar 24, 2013 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
If i wouldn't know any better i would think Komari was on drugs her slow pace of talking and her optimism just seems weird.
Rin trying hard to help out those children was nice and she was very enthusiastic about it as well.

I wanted to hear more of Kurugaya's story it started of pretty interesting but it didn't sound like something you would read to kids tho.
Mar 24, 2013 9:16 AM

May 2011
Oh, wow. With this episode, I can almost forgive the horrible experience I had with Kud's adaption. Very nice handling, and the music didn't suck this time either. That rooftop scene was brilliant. By the heavens, I'm so excited for Refrain now!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.