Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 5, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
symbv said:
^ Mind explaining what is Solomon's Wisdom in a spoiler, if you have time?
http://magi.wikia.com/wiki/Wisdom_of_Solomon
In this case, at least they showed how Solomon's Wisdom functions in the episode even though the mechanism was not explained.

Moderator edit: Quote fixed
Suzune-chanFeb 10, 2013 4:58 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 5, 2013 1:11 AM

Sep 2012
Finally this Kassim bullshit is over!
Can't wait til the next arc
Feb 5, 2013 1:34 AM

Mar 2010
Num1dad_Asura said:
Wow.....this didn't feel anywhere near to the emotional level of the manga (I almost cried in the manga) especially that last part, for some to me reason it felt incredibly forced while it seemed natural (and very emotional) in the manga.

Ya, I can't force myself to keep watching this (especially knowing they'll be squeezing Zagan and Sindria Arc in to 7 episodes).......dropped

For those who are enjoying the Magi anime, I apologize for my rant and please keep enjoying it. I am sure, had I not read the manga first I would've enjoyed Magi to the same extent as you (probably hated Alibaba and Cassim to a similar extent as you....sorry ranting again).
So you would say the manga is different? 'cause i'm finding this pretty boring, i really hate Alibaba, and Cassim as you mentioned, and instead of feeling something with this supposedly emotional chapter i couldn't stop thinking it was incredibly boring.
Darklight0303 said:
Fuckin hell Sinbad and the crew stole the show at the end. Got chills during that epic action scene
The only part of this episode i enjoyed.
manuxelFeb 5, 2013 1:39 AM
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Feb 5, 2013 1:42 AM

Sep 2010
I loved this episode. Cried like a baby at the end.
Feb 5, 2013 2:12 AM

Aug 2012
I can't wait to see Yamu and Hakuryuu .

XushuFeb 5, 2013 2:20 AM
Feb 5, 2013 3:40 AM
Dec 2012
-Akie said:

Yay, finally Sharrkan and Yamu! :D
And I really hope they don't skip the funny parts from the manga coming up in the next ep :(

I know right, I would love to see Sharrkan and Yamuraiha-san's quarrels XD
Feb 5, 2013 4:12 AM

May 2010
Loved the ending....................so heartwarming with that ending song which is one of my favorite.
Feb 5, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 2013
Ahh that was much better than last week's episode. Was nice to see a happy ending for Kassim. After he'd turned evil, I didn't like him at all, but for me he redeemed himself there, so I'm happy with that.

Whoa, epic Sinbad be epic. That quick appearance was pretty cool :P.

Definitely looking forward to the next arc, and am interested to find more out about those unusual people near the end.
Feb 5, 2013 4:44 AM

Aug 2011
Fantastic episode.

Sinbad going Baal was definitely the highlight, although the Kassim-Alibaba drama wrapped up a lot nicer than I thought it would.
Feb 5, 2013 5:10 AM

Feb 2011
Fucking amazing . Episode mostly centered on Kassim's life . Was cool , especially that blow Sindbad did , was so epic . And the moment at the end withe the fallen people returning was rlly intense . Nice arc , waiting forward for the next one
Feb 5, 2013 5:42 AM

Jun 2011
Whutdafuq'sup with this episode, such a disappointment, with all the cliche "going into monster body and save the friend that turned into monster" and "inside the body you have a space of mind where you can change the god damn scenery to whatever you liked", but the end did made me feel a bit sad.. I've been giving Magi 5/5 for every episode, but I am gonna give this a 3, given the fact I don't want a series I liked having score below average, even if it's just a poll
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 5, 2013 6:30 AM

Jul 2012
-_- Aladdin don't suger coat death.....nothing good about being one with the rukh
geez he can suger coat anything

Sinbad was badass
Feb 5, 2013 7:45 AM

Jun 2010
Yamu next ep!
Feb 5, 2013 7:50 AM

Aug 2009
Excellent episode. A-1 Pictures can pull it of if they really try, wish all episodes to be nicely animated like this. I like the ruhk effects, like the rain and the dripping black ruhk. Kassim redeemed himself. Only now he realized that if he tried he would be able to have a decent life but ended up cursing his existence and blinded by his rage. He wanted to like a king, a person to look up to, to be like Alibaba.
I can imagine Alibaba had a hard time growing up in the castle. He was never allowed to leave the place and always under strict education. After he ran away he manage to live as a poor salesman doing things he wasn't proud of and feeling pathetic. That's why he was mad at Kassim for thinking so highly of him. Thanks to the rukh they came to understand each others feelings that could not be put in words. In the end it came to a good conclusion to this mess and all is forgiven.

Sinbad action was super powerful, you can easily understand why the author choose to have him powerless until now. LOL at Jafar making pouting face at Sinbad for being such a careles person.

Mor is adorable! *Hugs to Al-Ali-Mor*
Feb 5, 2013 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
Much better than previous episodes, still didn't enjoy it that much though, I'm only watching this now because I'm a fan of Magi. Maybe I'm not enjoying it because I read the manga first though, this anime lacks so much impact and they even skipped things and info dumps from the manga... and I don't like Kaji Yuki's voice acting, it's starting to make me dislike Alibaba's character since it makes him look like such a wuss (probably going to ruin Shingeki no Kyojin for me too)
Feb 5, 2013 8:35 AM

Mar 2011
Good end to a great arc
I really like the combination of the ending song and the scene when everyone's rukh met their beloved ones. It was touching
Feb 5, 2013 8:41 AM

Oct 2011
Wow what a great episode. Learning the reasoning behind Kasim's life. Alibaba not realizing it but now knows. Kasim dying T__T and Aladdin giving everyone the chance to see their loved ones before they go back to Rukh. I wish Kasim had a better life. Alibaba and Kasim friends forever.
Feb 5, 2013 9:14 AM

Aug 2011
Amazing ep! Sinbad's team was badass and the ending with the spirits flowing as rukh was an inspiring sight. I'm excited for what the new arc will bring.
Feb 5, 2013 9:47 AM

Feb 2011
taterhead said:
solazora said:
I think that was a pretty good ending for the conclusion of the Balbadd arc. Not as depressing as the manga, certainly.

Well, I shed a few tears, actually. Curious about how it goes on the manga.

This arc was pretty good imo. There isn't really much to wrap up, Balbadd will become a republic and people will be happier, that's it. Let's see what Sindria arc will deliver.

Oh I ended up shedding a few tears too. But in the manga, it is much more depressing to the point I have shed a lot more than a tear or two. The conclusion was just more hopeful than the manga.

Sindria arc is gonna be awesome, no doubt. Hurray for Yamu and Sharr next week! c:
solazoraFeb 5, 2013 10:06 AM
Feb 5, 2013 10:17 AM

Jan 2008
Dat animation budget.... Feels like we're getting a step closer to resembling the Naruto x Pain fight.

The ending was nice but I keep getting that feeling of "People don't die when they're killed" now.

Also just noticed the ending song by Supercell... Lol... Dam I'm late.
PaulFeb 5, 2013 10:49 AM
Feb 5, 2013 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
This show amazes me yet again. Now i really "understand" why people admires Sinbad, with that power...only epicness comes out of it.

This Shounen Anime is just perfect.10/10

Feb 5, 2013 11:58 AM

Mar 2011
That was nice last episode of this arc and Sinbad was badass at the end of the episode,can't wait for the next one.
Feb 5, 2013 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
Now gonna keep track of the episodes in Magi that make me cry. This is one of them. ;_; I know everyone has mixed opinions since I have not read the manga, but I thinkt hat episode pulled to well tot he newcomers who had never herd of the manga. I love the ending... IDK, but if this is an magical girl series, I would cry either way. What a happy ending in a sort.

Now going back to my imaingary futon world.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Feb 5, 2013 12:12 PM
Mar 2012
*cries*

Good to see that Sinbad wears less in badass-mode, too.
It's unfair that only the woman suddenly go half-naked and the men usually get more badass clothes.
Feb 5, 2013 12:12 PM

Mar 2008
denshiraku said:
alexx_310 said:
Hazuno said:
Hakuryuuuuuuuuuuu!!
Please be animated naoooooooooo!!! XD

Why do you want sasuke 2.0 to be animated?

Er... he's not Sasuke 2.0...
Where did you get that idea?

More like Zuko 2.0 if you ask me.
Feb 5, 2013 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
-Akie said:
denshiraku said:
alexx_310 said:
Hazuno said:
Hakuryuuuuuuuuuuu!!
Please be animated naoooooooooo!!! XD

Why do you want sasuke 2.0 to be animated?

Er... he's not Sasuke 2.0...
Where did you get that idea?

Haha, I can actually see the reasoning behind that xD

Yay, finally Sharrkan and Yamu! :D
And I really hope they don't skip the funny parts from the manga coming up in the next ep :(

Kung-Fu-Jesus said:

More like Zuko 2.0 if you ask me.

Certainly more accurate than Sasuke 2.0
Feb 5, 2013 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
hmm. i have the feeling that this anime is going in a direction i don't like. or at least the last episodes felt different than the first ones and i wish i knew what exactly is bothering me, but i just can't put my finger on it.
i guess a lot has to do with that rukh and magi stuff. sometimes it just feels like they throw something in the show without any explanation. this whole scene where they went into the body of that monster and where alibaba's tears were destroying kassim's weapon... idk, i didn't like it. sometimes it feels like they're just trying to throw as much magic stuff as possible into that show.
but as i said: i just can't put my finger on what is really bothering me.

and it was sad that kassim died (even though it made it a really interesting episode). sometimes i wanted to punch him for being so stubborn, but all in all i liked him and i just wanted him to be happy with alibaba /sigh
Feb 5, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
This was veeeery emotional. I cried a lot, I don't know why, maybe I did like Kassim... that last part with Mariam as so sad ;_;
And this comes from a non-manga reader, so I can say the anime did good.
Feb 5, 2013 2:23 PM

May 2012
Am I the only one who cried? ;A;
Feb 5, 2013 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
This episode made me cry and and smile at the same time 5/5
Feb 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Dec 2011
That was a good episode! The visuals between Alibaba and Kassim are amazing.
The evil force of this anime is also introduced! Cool.

And, Jafar, Masrur... and Sinbad kicking ass! Holy smokes!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 2012
this episode made up for last weeks ~
sinbad and aladdin were so cool in this episode c:
too bad that guy's head is still alive..
the ending scene was too cute & touching
Feb 5, 2013 5:00 PM

Aug 2010
The last part was sad. I got a little water eyed this episode. R.I.P Kasim.
Feb 5, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
nice way to end off the arc would had left a bigger impact on me if they didn't have the flow of life with everyone showing up for one last time but it was a bitter sweet ending i guess

Arc was good just wish they didn't focus so much on Kassim dude got way to much screentime

highlight of this episode was Sinbads Crew all suddenly got mad powerful when they took out the mask guy wasn't surprised that he didn't fully die though,looking forward to seeing the others next week!
Feb 5, 2013 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
Despite its shounenness, 'dis show be pretty damn good.

I REALLY hope this show doesn't shit itself later. I quite like it.

A-1 just needs to get their shit together in the animation department.
Feb 5, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2012
much batter then the last episode
Feb 5, 2013 7:14 PM

May 2012
Sinbad and his men are awesome! Bararaq on the go!!!!!
Feb 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode! Got into it :D
New arc finally~ And Morgiana at the preview... >.<

Animation improved good thing. Might degrade again in the coming eps though...
Feb 5, 2013 11:13 PM

Apr 2012
Omg. I loved this episode so much. I don't even know why. At the end I was crying... all these emotions I don't even know...
Feb 6, 2013 12:14 AM

May 2012
This probably the best MAgi episode yet, I even almost cried when Kassim died and definitely had a smile at the end of the episode. 5/5
Feb 6, 2013 1:05 AM

Nov 2011
It was a great conclusion to this arc. People still complaining about anime adaption huh? Seriously, there is no perfect adaption. Even the long running series(Naruto,One Piece and etc..) has crappy things done to their anime adaption. For me, Magi anime adaption isn't bad compared to other anime adaption out there.

Feb 6, 2013 4:26 AM

Aug 2009
^ Yeah seriously. People should use their energy on stuff that happens in the story instead of raging about the animation team and voice actors. I personally have nothing against A1 pictures and I like Kaji Yuki, his voice fits Alibaba.

So what do we learn about the new bad guys in this episode:
Feb 6, 2013 5:09 AM
Oct 2011
mikado34 said:
^ Yeah seriously. People should use their energy on stuff that happens in the story instead of raging about the animation team and voice actors. I personally have nothing against A1 pictures and I like Kaji Yuki, his voice fits Alibaba.

So what do we learn about the new bad guys in this episode:
In addition to what you just wrote I'll add these info about them, that was mentioned in the arc:

- They're doing forbidden experiments on the Rukh, by making Dark Djinn and those monsters.

- In the conversation between Aladdin and Ugo, Ugo spoke about people who go against fate and destiny, he was speaking about them. In that conversations some other things were mentioned about them, like wanting to engulf the world with darkness, and degeneration, and the Rukh around them being dyed in black.

- They can be defeated, but they turn to dolls when they are, except Isnan, who's a special case right now.
Candor123Feb 6, 2013 6:50 AM
Feb 6, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2012
damn, cried a lot at this episode

and finally the new arc starts next week, i can't wait to hear that tsundere kana hanazawa
Feb 6, 2013 9:16 AM
Feb 2012
I tried, I really tried... but in the end I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. Kassim's farewell and the reappearance of all the deceased ones were too touching.
Even the made-up filler crap of Sinbad's attack being too weak hence the Al Sarmen dude's survival didn't manage to ruin the episode.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 6, 2013 11:04 AM

May 2012
well in the end this episode was satisfying. Nice death of that bad guy (Sin's power was amazing), guess he will survive just like orochimaru because of his snake form :P

anyway nice parting of kassim, and fuck really got me when mariam with kassim appeared and of course all the death ones o.o

looking forward to the next arc, still not sure how to rate it.... animation sometimes sucks
Feb 6, 2013 11:24 PM

Nov 2011
"Don't make up crap about my life just to justify yourself!"

Oh how I wish I could say that up front to people in real life.

For manga readers, is the Sindria arc going to be better than Balbad?
Feb 7, 2013 1:34 AM
Jan 2013
Nahh. . .i'm n0t surprise a-1 picture messes this kind of anime. . . . .coz fairy tail messes them up to0 when it comes in animation, ,animators became lazy. . . .and one thing,only fairy tail has the best em0tion when were talking about sad scene and makes you cry. . . . . . . .nahh. . . .
Feb 7, 2013 3:57 AM
Oct 2011
^
Fairy Tail's animation sucks big time since the first episode.

LanceC said:
"Don't make up crap about my life just to justify yourself!"

Oh how I wish I could say that up front to people in real life.

For manga readers, is the Sindria arc going to be better than Balbad?
Sindria is a light-hearted fun arc with some training. It's an introduction to Sinbad's generals and the new main character, Hakuryuu.
Candor123Feb 7, 2013 4:00 AM
Feb 7, 2013 4:23 AM

May 2010
such a strong episode
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2012

203 by Konatose »»
May 31, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2012

113 by Konatose »»
May 31, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2012

119 by Konatose »»
May 31, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2012

190 by Konatose »»
May 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2012

191 by Konatose »»
May 31, 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.