Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2013 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

This is a legit question.

Oh sorry.

As far as remember in the VN, Mio replaced her existence own to Midori. She done some sorta like Key magic and that was explained probably on this episode or the previous one. Well, maybe I'm wrong since I totally forgot her story. But I'm pretty sure about Mio's existence replacement.

Jan 12, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
ihateeveryone said:

Oh sorry.

As far as remember in the VN, Mio replaced her existence own to Midori. She done some sorta like Key magic and that was explained probably on this episode or the previous one. Well, maybe I'm wrong since I totally forgot her story.

KEY MAGIC
Jan 12, 2013 5:51 PM

Aug 2012
BahamutZero said:

LOL, Though Riki's breakdown is sad but that certain part.......
Jan 12, 2013 5:56 PM
Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
Sa-chan_ said:
ihateeveryone said:

Oh sorry.

As far as remember in the VN, Mio replaced her existence own to Midori. She done some sorta like Key magic and that was explained probably on this episode or the previous one. Well, maybe I'm wrong since I totally forgot her story.

KEY MAGIC
Jan 12, 2013 5:57 PM

Sep 2012
egnaro315 said:
SleepingEntity said:
egnaro315 said:
They finally played the famous 'Faraway' and it was inserted pretty well too.
Anime- only viewers are probably going wtf at this episode but its better to pass it off as key magic ..for now.

YES NEXT WEEK ITS THE SLEEPOVER! I hope they show us what the guys were up to that night too.

They didn't play Faraway. Are you thinking of Little Melody or Clear Weather After Rain?

Faraway is going to be reserved for much stronger emotional scenes...

Hehe...it seems people are starting to get at why LB is so good...

Oops I meant Faraway Instrumental version when Riki was on the phone with Midori. But yeah its going to have a bigger impact later on.. ^^

Oh crap you're right. How did I completely miss that?

I can't believe I identified Little Melody, Song for Friends, The Boys' Farewell and Clear Weather After Rain, but didn't recognise my favourite piece...=_="
Jan 12, 2013 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
ZtarWarrior said:
Seeing how well they handled Riki's emotions does give me some hope for Refrain though.

Well, for me, I was thinking the opposite.

Jan 12, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2011
Tyrel said:
Sa-chan_ said:
ihateeveryone said:

Oh sorry.

KEY MAGIC

It will make more sense later, but just take it for what it is now. Also know that the only reason Riki remembers her is because of the book she gave him which triggered a restoration of his original memories.
Jan 12, 2013 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
not Bad not bad even with the faster pacing it was pretty good,dat friendship ending

but one of my favorite events is coming up next week ! anyone know what arc we'll be doing next i forgot when someone mentioned it before.
Jan 12, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
not Bad not bad even with the faster pacing it was pretty good,dat friendship ending

but one of my favorite events is coming up next week ! anyone know what arc we'll be doing next i forgot when someone mentioned it before.

Haruka's.

Jan 12, 2013 6:09 PM

Jun 2011
Even though some things bothered me, I liked the adaptation of this route. All I want to see now is how they're going to adapt Haruka's and Refrain.
Jan 12, 2013 6:24 PM
Nov 2012
okay sure, for nishizono-san route, i loved it ;D

its sad to see this ending T_T

but i enjoy it

next is kurugaya-san?
Jan 12, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2011
dang i actually thought people would like this episode LOL

i wonder if anyone's going to even be touched by refrain.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jan 12, 2013 6:30 PM

Sep 2012
ZtarWarrior said:
Sa-chan_ said:
ZtarWarrior said:
Seeing how well they handled Riki's emotions does give me some hope for Refrain though.

Well, for me, I was thinking the opposite.

I liked Riki's reactions all through out the episode to be honest. I could tell that he was conflicted and felt utterly helpless. The problem with his breakdown at the beach was that it happened too soon. If Mio would have been introduced earlier in the series and interacted with Riki more, his reaction would have been more believable. I'm just a little hopeful because it proves that J.C. Staff can show emotions pretty well, something that they will need if they decide to cut out a lot of the narration in Refrain and wish to adapt it properly.

Jan 12, 2013 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
katsu044 said:

Haruka's.
k cool thanks!, this ones is gonna be rough for me lol :C
Jan 12, 2013 6:45 PM

Dec 2012
Loved this episode! almost brought me to tears!! This has given me even more hope for J.C. Staff's adaptation!! Keep it up J.C. and if you can, get even better!
Jan 12, 2013 6:45 PM

May 2011
blubberflub said:

I remember some people being like that for all the character routes, but they would still end up loving Refrain in the end. Seems like it could be the same case here. ._.
I guess Mio's route was never that popular either. But Haruka's arc will be here soon and I remember that one being one of the more popular routes in the series.
Jan 12, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2012
Next week...FINALLY.
I've been waiting for that. ^^

And pretty nice conclusion to Mio's arc.
Not as good as in the VN tho.
Jan 12, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2011
kenshin_sama said:
blubberflub said:

I remember some people being like that for all the character routes, but they would still end up loving Refrain in the end. Seems like it could be the same case here. ._.
I guess Mio's route was never that popular either. But Haruka's arc will be here soon and I remember that one being one of the more popular routes in the series.

I personally Enjoyed Mio's route over Haruka's.
Jan 12, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Manly tears were shed. I'm glad Mio's back :)))

Just a question for you guys, Is this the most emotional/dramatic arc in the VN?
Jan 12, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2012
kevinZ said:

Just a question for you guys, Is this the most emotional/dramatic arc in the VN?

Not even close to refrain
Jan 12, 2013 7:12 PM

Oct 2011
A good finish to Mio's arc. This show is slowly, but surely, getting better.

Jan 12, 2013 7:15 PM

Sep 2012
That was umm...weird. Going through the final part of the route on the VN was weird enough for me, but seeing Riki actually chasing after Mio on the sea was way beyond the level of strangeness. Overall, decent episode.
Jan 12, 2013 7:21 PM

Oct 2012
kenshin_sama said:
blubberflub said:

haha but i'm not really enjoyed haruka's route... maybe because i dont really like her , for me she is too noisy. but it just my opinon. XD

Jan 12, 2013 7:22 PM

Nov 2009
egnaro315 said:
kevinZ said:

Yep, Refrain is in it's league of it's own

I'd probably rate it by:
Kud = Rin = Haruka = Mio = Komari = Yuiko
(my opinion though, Kud is probably not first for others)
Jan 12, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode, even though Mio's route was my 2nd least favorite out of them all. Next week though... That's the episode I have been wanting to see for a long time now! And can't wait for Haruka's route.
Jan 12, 2013 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
MagicFlier said:
egnaro315 said:
kevinZ said:

Yep, Refrain is in it's league of it's own

I'd probably rate it by:
Kud = Rin = Haruka = Mio = Komari = Yuiko
(my opinion though, Kud is probably not first for others)

As for me I'd rate it

Kud > Rin > Mio > Kurugaya > Haruka > Komari.

Refrain is on an entirely different batting field. hue hue.
Jan 12, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2012
I rate the routes in a few different ways lol.

I'd love to be in Riki's shoes, i.e. do not want bittersweet ending.
Kud>Haruka>Rin(1+2, no true route pls)>Komari>Mio Kurugaya>

Most feels:
Kud>Kurugaya>Komari>Haruka>Rin>Mio

My waifu:
Kurugaya>Kud>Komari>Haruka>Rin>Mio (deres and lolis get priority, excluding Rin)

Overall enjoyment and emotions of the route finale in the VN:
Kurugaya>Kud>Haruka>Komari>Rin>Mio

Funniest scenes:
Kurugaya=Kud=Komari=Rin=Haruka=Rin (they're all so good lol)

Idk why, I wasn't a huge fan of Rin, even Rin's 2nd route.
Jan 12, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2010
this is my reaction to this episode:

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 12, 2013 7:39 PM

May 2011
I loved the episode the producers show many symbolisms with Midori and Mio
Jan 12, 2013 7:39 PM

Feb 2012
blubberflub said:

but i thought a lot of people did like this episode ;w; it's only a few people here who aren't happy.

As for me, le best route orders:
Kurugaya > Haruka > Mio > Rin > Kud > Komari

Refrain > every story ever told :D
Jan 12, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, I really enjoyed this episode. It's my favorite one so far. Emotion-filled indeed.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 12, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
smilewolfy said:
blubberflub said:

but i thought a lot of people did like this episode ;w; it's only a few people here who aren't happy.

As for me, le best route orders:
Kurugaya > Haruka > Mio > Rin > Kud > Komari

Refrain > every story ever told :D

ours are pretty close Kurugaya > Haruka > Kud > Rin >Mio > Komari
Jan 12, 2013 7:46 PM
Apr 2011
Quite good conclusion.
Actually I found me more nostalgic than sad, a lot of great songs were used in this chapter. And Mio grew into me much more than she did it in the VN. Maybe the design or the seiyuu? I don't know.

It surprise me a little that they used Faraway (intrumental, but Faraway at the end), but
anyhow, was a good addition to make the moment a bit more intense.

The only song that I badly want they reserve to the very end is One Magic Word.

Man, if they could use this arrangement my happyness would multiply a lot of times.
serphirsJan 12, 2013 7:49 PM
Jan 12, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2011
I had no idea so many people liked kurugayas route the best.

Mine would be mio>haruka>kurugaya>kud>komari

I consider rin to be conjoined with refrain as well as the OTP :p
Jan 12, 2013 7:52 PM

Jun 2011
And then Riki drank a lot of saltwater and started to imagine his ideal world with Mio in it and they lived happily ever after... Or do they? ... *sigh* I remember something like this in Clannad, I wonder what came first.

BTW, maybe someone answered this before but I lost it: what's the name of the soundtrack that starts about 14:00? Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Jan 12, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
Intereo said:
And then Riki drank a lot of saltwater and started to imagine his ideal world with Mio in it and they lived happily ever after... Or do they? ... *sigh* I remember something like this in Clannad, I wonder what came first.

BTW, maybe someone answered this before but I lost it: what's the name of the soundtrack that starts about 14:00? Thanks in advance.

Edit:

egnaro315 said:
kevinZ said:

Refrain is the main route with the biggest tearjerker in the vn. The main route should start when Rin's arc starts airing as Refrain is a continuation of it.

The track is unused track 3
dizzyworld2Jan 12, 2013 8:10 PM
Jan 12, 2013 8:06 PM

Sep 2011
Intereo said:

Edit:

l0l no. Main route = REFRAIN = Next Season. These are considered common routes which develops Refrain.
Jan 12, 2013 8:08 PM
Dec 2012
They've done an AWESOME job in this Episode. This one makes me almost crying TWICE.

Oh, and the next Episode will be awesome
Jan 12, 2013 8:08 PM

Jun 2012
Refrain makes Clannad look like only a sad anime (instead of heartbreaking). No one can comprehend how sad Refrain is, so this nothing.

Also, why is everyone so concerned with the
Jan 12, 2013 8:10 PM

Jun 2011
Little Busters finally getting on track with those emotional scenes they're so famous for. The show before this point was enjoyable enough, but they cut down on much of the emotional value of Komari's arc.

The soundtrack was absolutely beautiful - Key has a knack of combining great music with tear-jerking scenes (see: the endings of Air/Clannad After Story), and this episode didn't disappoint. I was so happy when they started playing Song for Friends.
GenomaxJan 12, 2013 8:23 PM
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Jan 12, 2013 8:12 PM
Dec 2012
I love Midori now, lol
But I love the real Mio more. :>
Young Mio and Midori are soo cuuute.
Jan 12, 2013 8:12 PM
Oct 2012
I was still emotionally drained from the thought of Mio chan being gone, but she's back and one with Midori, I cried so much. The flash-back was so touching ad gave a great in sight to Mio's life, as did the scene when she and Midori became one. I loved every second of it, my favorite episode to date.
Jan 12, 2013 8:36 PM

Jun 2011
I really enjoyed Mio's arc. It was wonderful as in the VN, although the latter was more detailed. Let's see if they can make a masterpiece out of Haruka's arc aswell.
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 12, 2013 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
Just finished it. Holy shit, this was actually good. and it also gave me an idea.

A friend of mine who knows a bit about the entertainment industry says that when they ordered the 26 episodes, they probably did it in two sets of 13 episodes each because (somehow) it saves them money. So that got me to thinking..

Nothing in the first thirteen episodes that's really amazing happens. It was building up the backstory. So maybe the fact that this episode was so good in terms of animation and such means that what my friend said is true. They ordered it as two thirteen episode seasons.

If that's true, then the good thing is that this "second season" could have a higher budget than the "first" season, which is why this episode was so much better. They could have a bigger budget since the upcoming episodes are almost all routes, which is where the "meat" of the series is and they wanted to make it good so they raised the budget.

All we'll have to do is watch the next episode (with the infamous sleepover party) and maybe one more after that to tell. If what I wrote above is true then this series could really get fucking good (animation wise). This also gives me good faith that Refrain will be good. Not great, since we still have the one problem.

The music placement is still fucking terrible. Whoever decides it needs to be fired.
Malus92Jan 12, 2013 8:43 PM
Jan 12, 2013 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
Tenshichan93 said:
I really enjoyed Mio's arc. It was wonderful as in the VN, although the latter was more detailed. Let's see if they can make a masterpiece out of Haruka's arc aswell.

I prefer an entire season dedicated to ex heroines after the first season though (If there is one.)
Jan 12, 2013 9:02 PM

Aug 2011
Why are ppl still not aware that refrain is why you watch/play little busters
Jan 12, 2013 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
i just want to ask...
maybe it's a stupid question but.

Jan 12, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2009
Omg Mio's closed-eyes smile! So cute! ;///; Mio is actually my least favorite of the girls, but I still found myself a bit moved by this episode, despite the lack of details and rushed feeling. It was, indeed, much better than Komari's route, though. Definitely looking forward to the next episode!~ =3
Jan 12, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
ryshin said:
i just want to ask...
maybe it's a stupid question but.

It does have sound. I used MPC-HC with all the filters etc. Of course downloaded episode of UTW-Mazui.
Jan 12, 2013 9:27 PM

Oct 2012
haha... thanks... maybe i should redw for this... XD

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.