Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2008 3:29 AM

Mar 2008
quite surprised they moved so fast. expected this bit to be at least episode 12 :S

awesome episode, may have skimmed over Komura a bit too quickly.

and yes. Nagisa is more clam and level-headed than Tomoya
Nov 29, 2008 3:35 AM

Aug 2008
Both Nagisa and Okazaki are smooth talkers ;]

Whew, so depressing episode. I'm missing fun from first season.

Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 29, 2008 3:44 AM

Jul 2008
I was just wondering if it has been confirmed that there's going to be 24 episodes? I heard that it's only going to be 13. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna take more than 4 episodes to get through the after story. I mean, MAYBE it could be wrapped up in 4, but why would they spend so much time with them still in school. I'd assume they'd at least cover Yoshino's arc since from the opening credits Tomoya's going to be working for him. I was just wondering cause I'd be very disappointed if they try to wrap up the real after story in such short time. That'd be major time jumping.

major spoilers. read at own risk.
Nov 29, 2008 4:21 AM

Jul 2008
Couldnt stop crying again ;__;
Such a touching episode. It was sincere to see Tomoya's feelings and worries. Nagisa is an angel T__T
99/10!
Nov 29, 2008 5:35 AM

Apr 2008
ah, I thought it was a rather nice episode because it focused on the tomoya x nagisa relationship.

just curious, but what does everyone mean when they say "now the *true* after story starts"...? o.O

Nov 29, 2008 5:41 AM

Mar 2008
*cries*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2008 5:48 AM

Nov 2008
hazelnutman said:
Why is everyone assuming that this anime will end the same way the movie did?

Maybe KyoAni will decide to stick to the happier path.

Of course, I'm trying to be optimistic, holding back tears as i go.

Why must this anime make me so emotional ;_;. I mean, I must have shed tears at the end of every character story arc. Especially Fuko T_T

Yeah man! I want a happier path for the end of Clannad! I really hope they might make it different from the perspective of the movie. I hope Fuko will make us come back to hope and love even we are so badly crying cause the story is intense.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 29, 2008 6:02 AM

Apr 2008
intergalactic said:
just curious, but what does everyone mean when they say "now the *true* after story starts"...? o.O

It is related to the game. First 8 eps were arcs from Clannad routes (continuation of unfinished stories etc.; you may call it "prologue"). With 9, we enter the true After Story route.

And just you know, it seems from what I read that After Story actually has a happy ending. It's just the movie that screwed up the plot. ^.^'
Nov 29, 2008 6:16 AM

Nov 2008
Modrzew said:
intergalactic said:

It is related to the game. First 8 eps were arcs from Clannad routes (continuation of unfinished stories etc.; you may call it "prologue"). With 9, we enter the true After Story route.

And just you know, it seems from what I read that After Story actually has a happy ending. It's just the movie that screwed up the plot. ^.^'

^_^ *happier to know* ^_^
Nov 29, 2008 7:20 AM

Oct 2007

FINALLY, THE ANIME HAS COME TO THE

AFTER
STORY
PART!
Nov 29, 2008 7:22 AM

Jan 2008
Modrzew said:

I believe it has two endings, actually. The "normal ending", which is what the movie went with to a certain extent, (They sorta stopped halfway through the story...) and then the "true ending", which can only be seen if one has completed the game 100%, or in other words, seen all the other endings first.

On the topic of the episode: I loved it. Seriously, this was easily the best episode of ANYTHING I've seen this season, and if Clannad can maintain this level of quality for the rest of the series, it just might end up taking Kanon's place as the best romance/drama-series I've ever seen. Heck, it might even end up taking One Piece's place as the best series I've seen PERIOD.
Lord_StarfishNov 29, 2008 11:48 AM
Nov 29, 2008 7:29 AM

Oct 2008
Is it just me or was the animation quality for this episode significantly better than previous episodes, which were already top notch?
Nov 29, 2008 7:34 AM

Jan 2008
lets hope it's not gonna be the same storyline as the movie...

Nov 29, 2008 7:56 AM

Apr 2008
cyruz said:

So it's started. ;_;

Episode was really nice, I think they wrapped up the graduation pretty well. I'm looking forward to seeing which path Clannad is gonna take from here.

Puhi in doll-mode was hilarious.

lol I took the same screenshot, nagisa is so cute >______<

Nov 29, 2008 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
I'm gonna miss the school life.
Nov 29, 2008 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
Veronin said:
I'm gonna miss the school life.

Yeah me too, I really liked the whole school setting! :( Goodbye Hikarizaka:
Nov 29, 2008 9:56 AM
Dec 2007
Such a beautiful episode. I was sobbing the entire time. T___T
Nov 29, 2008 10:03 AM
Apr 2008
king4k2 said:
men dont cry. only women cries.

True. I am a man, and I never cry. But sometimes(like when watching Clannad) my testosterone overflows and leaks from my eyes...
Nov 29, 2008 10:17 AM

Nov 2007
Nooo, poor Nagisa. ;_;

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 29, 2008 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
what can I say... hilarious... it was definitely the best episode so far... from both first season and this season, just great ^^
Nov 29, 2008 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was so sad. I felt like crying in the last half. It was probably the best though. Can't wait to see what else is in store.
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Nov 29, 2008 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
This was so touching and cute! I cried every second (exaggerating) of this episode, and I can't wait until the next episode starts!

Tomoya x Nagisa <3

Puhi! Puhi!

FlyingChinaMan said:
lets hope it's not gonna be the same storyline as the movie...

Yeah, I hope it's not going to be the same either.
Nov 29, 2008 12:34 PM
Jun 2007
DAWWWWWWWW
Nov 29, 2008 12:38 PM

Mar 2008
Wonderful episode, i'm still a bit surprised the graduation came at episode 9. I can't wait to see next episode :)
Nov 29, 2008 12:45 PM

Nov 2007
FINALLY!

Episodes like this are why I watch Clannad - glad that the 2 main characters are finally getting some screentime and plot progression.
Nov 29, 2008 12:55 PM

May 2007
Aww, poor Nagisa having to repeat a year. And Tomoya baking bread will definitely be interesting. Also Botan doll mode was hilarious I just burst out laughing when it showed you the whole class looking at him.
Nov 29, 2008 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Really liked this episode. It was really sad at parts.

I kindof didnt like how they skipped through the rest of the year, but they did a good job with it.

Can't wait to see where they go from here. Now that they are done with school, it could just be weird having everyone meeting and such.
Nov 29, 2008 12:59 PM

May 2007
hello1357 said:
Is it just me or was the animation quality for this episode significantly better than previous episodes, which were already top notch?

It most likely is. When you do an animation for a long time, you tend to improve and the viewers notice. And agreed, the animation was already superb.
Nov 29, 2008 1:24 PM
Dec 2007
Great, we're finally on tracks for the true After Story. Fantastic episode, and the ones to come are even better, I really can't wait now.

king4k2 said:
men dont cry. only women cries.

I promise you that, woman or man, you'll be forced to at some point of the story...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 29, 2008 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode and seeing them all graduate at the end! The relationship between Nagisa and Tomoya are really lovely moments and their strong bond

Looking forward to the ~After Story ~ :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2008 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
Awwhhh, beautiful. My eyes were watery majority of the time, as soon as Nagisa got the fever I started to sob. I couldn't bare seeing her sick in bed. It tortured me, like Tomoya lol...oh my goodness I can't wait for more. It's so sad seeing the school life 'end'. Animation is superb. Botan's doll trick was great. I love Nagisa x Tomoya till the ends of the earth, and above all

I LOVE CLANNAD <3 #@&*&(*(*@$!!! T_________T!

Nov 29, 2008 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
LAME...we actually get to story only for 6+ months to get skipped? Botan was funny though. I guess it will be interesting to see what happens for the rest of the show. After Story is much less emotionally stirring as the first. Everything moves to quickly with no build up to the tears. It all just feels cheesy and soulless.
Nov 29, 2008 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Wah! I hope it doesn't end like the visual novel and movie...
Clannad is so sad that it's probably one of the most beautiful anime I've seen since...well...a lot of anime. But anyways, I'd like to see how the anime turns out...will it have a different and more happy-ish ending than the others? Or will it turn out to be one of the saddest anime in a good way shown?

Mod Edit: DO NOT DISCUSS PLOT POINTS BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Also thanks a lot for spoiling me for the fourth time on this. Sincerely - Asandari

Also, when discussing this type of thing in other threads (where it is allowed), label and tag the spoiler! Thanks.
asandariNov 29, 2008 3:37 PM
Nov 29, 2008 2:45 PM

May 2008
that was really sad:( the story line is finally on
Nov 29, 2008 2:49 PM

Sep 2007
darkninja_loki said:
tl;dr

Nice job on the spoiler.
Nov 29, 2008 2:52 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
LAME...we actually get to story only for 6+ months to get skipped? Botan was funny though. I guess it will be interesting to see what happens for the rest of the show. After Story is much less emotionally stirring as the first. Everything moves to quickly with no build up to the tears. It all just feels cheesy and soulless.

I find that they pretty much wrapped this well.

If we were to watch every day of their life it would suck. Clannad hasn't anything more to offer about Tomoya's school life, it's normal that they move onward.
It's way better that way, I would have hated if they would have done 10 episode plotless just to make the pace at your taste and standart... >.>

Else than that about the episode itself I found it pretty much good, it isn't the best episode for my taste, (found Yukari's arc the best) but it's a really good episode.

Edit: Spoiler idiot, go to hell learning how to live correctly T_T.
Nov 29, 2008 2:59 PM

May 2007
Although I already watched the old movie, I haven't cried like this since Fuko's arc.
Nov 29, 2008 4:34 PM

Aug 2008
ChiBuki said:
Although I already watched the old movie, I haven't cried like this since Fuko's arc.

Same here, since the movie I didn't but if it keeps going in that direction ... Well I'll end up broken like after seeing the second part of the old movie. I hate when Nagisa is sick. It kills me to see Tomoyo.

Nov 29, 2008 5:48 PM

Aug 2008
Wah! Very sorry! I'm extremely foolish...I tend to care less about stuff. Hey, I'm only human, I make mistakes.

But anyways, I'm getting a theory on how things will turn out. Plus, it's concerning the robot/junk doll and episode 8's folk tale.

Dammit, it's getting me hooked on that I want to time travel and watch next week's episode now...
Nov 29, 2008 7:10 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
Interestingly enough, I feel the exact opposite. The first series felt soulless and cheesy to me (We need to hand out starfish! + Fuko disappears = Awww?) while After Story has provided me with an emotionally conveying arc already (and it looks the current one will be the second).

I keep getting the impression that Misae is Tomoya's mom *shrugs*. Kyou was 11/10 as usual.

Also, I was like "WTF IS THAT A HARO." when Nagisa was opening her present.
Nov 29, 2008 7:41 PM
Oct 2008
I am more in love with Nagisa than I have ever been with a real woman
Nov 29, 2008 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
so much time skipping. nagisa just strikes me as boring, meh. I'll miss the rest of the cast if they are off doing whatever. I'm sure Sunohara will still be around. dunno where it goes from here, Nagisa just isn't very interesting to me though.

yeah this would of made more sense as the ending to season 1. a good ammount of episodes left but what happens now?
Nov 29, 2008 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
I totally hate the sight of men crying! It usually makes me want to cry more!
In these kinds of of situations anyway.

Well, seeing as the main male lead won't be attending school anymore, the school-setting will be much less frequented. I'll miss those uniforms! especially those winter uniforms!
Hmm 15 episodes to go... with the school-setting being dropped out, I wonder how the plot will be from now on. I didn't play the game, so I don't know what will happen. But I'm guessing there will be a Tomoyo arc. I really hope we see more Tomoyo goodness... I'm not too optimistic that it will be like in the OVA (24)... but I still hope for more Tomoyo development, preferably romantic, in this anime!
I'd better just learn Japanese, and play the Eroge though... ¦3
My only complain from season two, is that the Harem concept is dropped out... It makes me want to play the Eroge more, and the original game too as well.
This episode has been the saddest so far from season two. I was pretty moody throughout the whole thing.
I'm not a true Nagisa fan either. Tomoyo> Kotomi> Kyou> Nagisa; that's how it goes for me.
hello1357 said:
"men dont cry. only women cries."

Stereotype much?

I wouldn't think of it that way.
Nov 29, 2008 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
O_O that felt a lot like the conclusive episode =O, but it was a great episode nevertheless, getting back on track with the main characters although I didn't mind the stories behind the supporting character, but the way they ended this episode was great ^_^
Nov 29, 2008 10:41 PM

Apr 2007
aw man, tomoya cried ;_____;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Nov 29, 2008 11:44 PM

Jun 2007
aww crap now it's gonna get depressing and sad like the movie :( *pulls tissue box over*.
Nov 30, 2008 1:00 AM

Jul 2007
clannad is really back now|

Nov 30, 2008 1:22 AM

Mar 2008
just one comment
nagisa uzai =P
Nov 30, 2008 4:23 AM

Feb 2008
What can I say...a true masterpiece! Something tells me that the story is gonna' get much sadder now.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Nov 30, 2008 5:17 AM
Jun 2007
Now this is what I've been waiting for! An excellent episode indeed =)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.