Forum Settings
Forums

[Anime] An anime that everyone likes yet you can't be bothered to watch?

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 19, 2012 7:25 AM

Sep 2012
Harunee said:
Persona:

I'm not saying that you can't chat and even though it's quite entertaining it's still offtopic...Like more or less everything in here...meh whatever forget about it I was just trying to make a joke to begin with.

Haven't played/watched Persona yet but...I can imagine how awesome it is. It's actually one of the reasons why I'm planning on buying a PS3.

I'm so not gonna check that spoiler.

Majikoi:

Hey, no need to be so hostile. I know that Miyako route isn't out in English yet. (How the hell wouldn't I know?) So...so what? Just because her route isn't translated, she still appears in the other routes tons of times. And dats wrong, if I didn't want you to play the VN I could've just made up some random stuff. So just go and play it already :>

Yeah, the anime was quite bad...And Miyako. Yeah, she's deeply in love with Yamato. And she makes all those perverted moves on him. But I wouldn't say that Yamato is completely against it and that he hates it. He still cares about her. And she's still not a stalker. She's not following him everywhere. And she's not creepy either. I just dont like the way you described her...like she's some weirdo annoying character.

//Checked "that certain part" in the anime again...Yamato said that "he doesn't have the right to respond to Miyako's feelings" and that "Miyako should love whoever she wants". Can't see any hate or negative feelings there.

And hey I'm not trying to pick a fight, no need to be so serious about everything >_> I know that my comments are annoying and stupid, but... DEAL WITH IT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I didn't realise that I sounded so serious, I think we got off on the wrong foot, I really am not trying to pick a fight! To begin with, the whole me hating Miyako thing was joke, I said it cause you and KazukiJurai had those 2 characters as ur profile pics. I guess it was me "attempting" to be a troll (I guess it worked a little too well XD). I hate neither characters, and I actually think both are quite good.

woahevil1 said:
If you can suggest anything else to talk about I will gladly listen, otherwise please go back and stare at the kanji pic for 10 minutes, then you will understand the true amazingness of persona 4. We are not comparing the Death note and K-on animes, we are just talking about why K-on addictd don't like Death Note.

Also that Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai VN is herpa derp, too bad the Miyako isn't available in the english patch, dang I was so looking foward to proving myself right :P. I bet you didn't think I actually was going to get the VN.

I can see how you though this was serious, but trust me it wasn't, it was me jokingly being serious, if that makes sense, like when someone gets really annoyed as a joke! and when I mean by herpa derp is that its pretty good, but I had tonnes of troubling installing it XD

Secondly, please take nothing of what I say seriously, because I am never serious :)

Thirdly, I guess stalker to describe her was wrong, because Yamato is friends with her, BUT she is obsessed with him (including the VN, which I am currently playing at this moment) AND he rejects her advances

Lastly, I never said that Yamato hates her or has negative feelings for her (though I did find out that he did bully her when they first met through the VN lol), and that they are friends and that he just doesn't want to ruin their relationships.

Wow, this in its itself is too serious XD but hopefully now we are all on the same page :) Also, I don't find your comments stupid, actually quite the opposite!

Dec 19, 2012 8:06 AM

Nov 2012

Best gif to describe my reaction lol.

"though I did find out that he did bully her when they first met "

I think you misunderstood something there. Yamato never bullied her. He protected her from the bullies, and Miyako loved her ever since that. Before that...I think he was quite neutral. I can't remember him doing anything bad to Miyako.

//Oh and that's why he said that he doesn't have the right to answer her feelings, because in fact he was doing it for himself as well (he wanted to become equal to Momoyo or sth) so Miyako shouldn't love him.

Hmm well...I just can't wait for the full translation :x
Mihoko-chanDec 19, 2012 10:13 AM
Dec 19, 2012 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
Harunee said:
Persona:Haven't played/watched Persona yet but...I can imagine how awesome it is. It's actually one of the reasons why I'm planning on buying a PS3.

...why a PS3? There's no Persona games on the PS3 (well, unless you count Arena)
The only Persona game on the PS3 is P3FES, and that's a port from the PS2 version xD

Harunee said:
I'm so not gonna check that spoiler.

Pshaw, there's no spoilers in our spoiler tags. You should know this already!

Harunee said:
>_> I know that my comments are annoying and stupid, but... DEAL WITH IT

But I love your stupid and annoying comments!
Dec 19, 2012 11:22 AM

Nov 2012
KazukiJurai said:

...why a PS3? There's no Persona games on the PS3 (well, unless you count Arena)
The only Persona game on the PS3 is P3FES, and that's a port from the PS2 version xD

Duh whatever. Haven't decided yet anyways...Maybe I won't even buy anything at all. . .I'm already spending more than enough time with playing/watching anime/reading manga :x

But still, I know that something disturbing is hiding behind that spoiler.
Dec 19, 2012 12:56 PM
Oct 2012
Harunee said:

Duh whatever. Haven't decided yet anyways...Maybe I won't even buy anything at all. . .I'm already spending more than enough time with playing/watching anime/reading manga :x

There is always something disturbing behind that spoiler.
LOOK AT YOU GUYS. i GET GROUNDED FOR A BiT *whistles* and YOU GUYS. . OH BEYBEi BOi.

Hey look, since everybody is doing it, i'll do it too.
Dec 19, 2012 1:13 PM
Oct 2012

errybodi happy yet
Dec 19, 2012 1:25 PM

Jun 2012
Harunee said:

I'm not saying the PS3 is bad or anything, but if you plan on getting any of the Persona games then you're SOL. Well, besides P3FES, which is amazing. So meh.

ShintakoInari said:

'Atta girl, go get those bitches social links!

I don't even know anymore.
Dec 19, 2012 3:22 PM
Nov 2012
1 day later, this thread is about persona ;_;.
Dec 19, 2012 4:33 PM

Jun 2012
JBMSOS said:

KitKatKazDec 19, 2012 4:44 PM
Dec 19, 2012 6:59 PM

Sep 2012
Best gif to describe my reaction lol.

"though I did find out that he did bully her when they first met "

I think you misunderstood something there. Yamato never bullied her. He protected her from the bullies, and Miyako loved her ever since that. Before that...I think he was quite neutral. I can't remember him doing anything bad to Miyako.

//Oh and that's why he said that he doesn't have the right to answer her feelings, because in fact he was doing it for himself as well (he wanted to become equal to Momoyo or sth) so Miyako shouldn't love him.

Hmm well...I just can't wait for the full translation :x

Im pretty sure he does bully her when they were really young in VN, because then hes like she always brings it up to make us feel guilty and they called her the Shiina virus when they were young. However after of learning her situation though, then they protect her from bullies.

I actually really want to do Miyakos route now and when I saw that the patch for her route was 75% complete I was like

Also lol at the bald lolicon

Harunee said:
KazukiJurai said:

Wow, how I wish there was a proper persona game on the ps3/ xbox 360. If you wanna play persona 4 I would just get the emulator pcsx2 and download the game, cause I don't beleive it works on the ps3 if I'm not mistaken...

Dear God, I will be a christian and preach your ways if you make Atlus create persona 5. Amen

ShintakoInari said:

'Atta girl, go get those bitches social links!

I don't even know anymore.

ShintakoInari, come join the dark side, mwhahahahahahaha

JBMSOS said:

And the forum is all the better for it
DanamebiDec 19, 2012 11:29 PM
Dec 21, 2012 2:10 AM

Nov 2012
woahevil1 said:

blablabla

TL;DR
What I wanted to say, but I actually ended up reading it.

Yeah well he told her that it's her fault that she's being bullied...Nothing more than that as far as I remember.(In the VN it's the part where they met with Momoyo I think?) And you know what's the biggest joke? That the translator said that it might take him about 4-5 months to finish the translation (1%/week it was I think)

Nha there're many other games...A friend of mine is a big gamer and he has tons of Japanese RPGs and he always lets me play them :3 But well it would be much better with my own PS. And playing with emulators sucks big time ~_~

Oh and just to write something topic related.

Zero no Tsukaima. Sooooo overrated, don't even know why people like it so much. Annoying characters boring story. Meh.
Dec 21, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
You ended up reading it because you know I'm full of wonderful wisdom that needs to be shared to the world.

1% a week, wow that's slow. By the time it's finished it will be the end of the world, so that sucks. BUT, apparently the 2nd game in the series Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!S is fully translated... da fuck?
Dec 21, 2012 4:57 PM
Oct 2012
Harunee said:
woahevil1 said:

blablabla

TL;DR
What I wanted to say, but I actually ended up reading it.

Yeah well he told her that it's her fault that she's being bullied...Nothing more than that as far as I remember.(In the VN it's the part where they met with Momoyo I think?) And you know what's the biggest joke? That the translator said that it might take him about 4-5 months to finish the translation (1%/week it was I think)

Nha there're many other games...A friend of mine is a big gamer and he has tons of Japanese RPGs and he always lets me play them :3 But well it would be much better with my own PS. And playing with emulators sucks big time ~_~

Oh and just to write something topic related.

Zero no Tsukaima. Sooooo overrated, don't even know why people like it so much. Annoying characters boring story. Meh.

Oh, we actually got on topic this week for once. LOOOL.
i think i'll have to rename this club "Thetalkaboutpersonawhereverthefuqyouareclubokhai"

AND RiGHT?! Zero no Tsukaima started off okay, even though it was kinda. . . boring/normal. But then it went from boring/normal to wth-just-happened. :c
Dec 21, 2012 5:46 PM

Jun 2012
Harunee said:

HURRR ZERO NU SEWKAIMUH IZ SOOOOO OVER8D.

Really? ZnT is actually good. Granted only a small group of friends of mine actually enjoy it, so I never thought of it as super popular/overrated.

Bottom line: everything that gets an English dub is overrated in some way to make American... producers... whateverthehellit'scalled to dub it because they see profit in it. Case closed.

...that being said, WHY THE FUCK DOES KORE WA ZOMBIE DESU KA HAVE A DUB?!
Dec 21, 2012 5:52 PM
Oct 2012
KazukiJurai said:
Harunee said:

Really? ZnT is actually good. Granted only a small group of friends of mine actually enjoy it, so I never thought of it as super popular/overrated.

Bottom line: everything that gets an English dub is overrated in some way to make American... producers... whateverthehellit'scalled to dub it because they see profit in it. Case closed.

dubs are nasty. nasty dubs nasty.
Dec 21, 2012 6:40 PM

Sep 2012
ShintakoInari said:

Oh, we actually got on topic this week for once. LOOOL.
i think i'll have to rename this club "Thetalkaboutpersonawhereverthefuqyouareclubokhai"

AND RiGHT?! Zero no Tsukaima started off okay, even though it was kinda. . . boring/normal. But then it went from boring/normal to wth-just-happened. :c

I think thats an awseome name, but I think I need to add somerhin extra to it: "ThetalkaboutpersonawhereverthefuqyouareclubokhaiandKanjiisextremelyfuckinghotclub"

Zero no Tsukaima = Annoyingly voiced loli that physically abuses an alien. Once I got past her voice it was alright... Would have been cool if Earth invaded their planet though.. Magic vs machines

ShintakoInari said:
KazukiJurai said:
Harunee said:

Not when they are down right, some dubs can be quite good... but I do generally agree they are normally nasty

Isn't it a good thing Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka is getting a dub, because that means its getting sold in America and other countries, which = more popularity, which = more money for the producers in Japan (due to royalties), which = more episodes of Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, which = more joy!
Dec 21, 2012 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
ShintakoInari said:

Yes, yes they are.

Brb, pleasuring myself with a fish.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 21, 2012 8:15 PM

Jun 2012
Itermin8rX said:
ShintakoInari said:

Yes, yes they are.

Dec 21, 2012 8:20 PM

Oct 2012
KazukiJurai said:
Itermin8rX said:
ShintakoInari said:

Yes, yes they are.

I think that's Pokemon (Trying to replace Photoshop with Pokemon, I cant find any other way to do it)
Dec 21, 2012 8:22 PM

Jun 2012
At any rate, just noticed your sig. You... watch Code MENT? Why are you so awesome?
Dec 21, 2012 8:31 PM

Oct 2012
KazukiJurai said:
At any rate, just noticed your sig. You... watch Code MENT? Why are you so awesome?

Because bitch, I'm fabulous.

Also Code Ment is also awesome 100% of the time whilst Code Geass goes boring to good, but it's probably because CG got spoilt for me with all the fanboys yapping what happens next & shit.

But still kind of boring.
Dec 21, 2012 8:32 PM

Jun 2012
Itermin8rX said:
KazukiJurai said:

Also Code Ment is also awesome 100% of the time whilst Code Geass goes boring to good, but it's probably because CG got spoilt for me with all the fanboys yapping what happens next & shit.

LELOUCH DIED Oh you LELOUCH DIED mean LELOUCH DIED when LELOUCH DIED Lelouch died? Yeah LELOUCH DIED that kind of LELOUCH DIED sucked. LELOUCH DIED Oops, did I LELOUCH DIED spoil it for you?! LELOUCH DIED Sorry!
Dec 21, 2012 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
KazukiJurai said:
Itermin8rX said:
KazukiJurai said:

LELOUCH DIED Oh you LELOUCH DIED mean LELOUCH DIED when LELOUCH DIED Lelouch died? Yeah LELOUCH DIED that kind of LELOUCH DIED sucked. LELOUCH DIED Oops, did I LELOUCH DIED spoil it for you?! LELOUCH DIED Sorry!

and he re-appeared in one those Akito seasons.
Dec 21, 2012 8:43 PM

Sep 2012
Leouch died? ouch thanks guys, thanks a bunch
Dec 21, 2012 8:50 PM

Jun 2012
woahevil1 said:

Any LELOUCH DIED time, Evil. LELOUCH DIED

Oh yeah, your anime list... holy crap is it wonky. I'm not saying it's bad, but you should adjust it a bit more xD

Suggestions: Make the chibi-Infinite Stratos characters up top higher up, and behind the actual list. Move that succubus chick (forgot her name) more to the right, and your list would look pretty solid.

Also.. I might want to steal your list and edit it a bit.. Persona-fy it, if you will. Mind messaging me the code? xD
Dec 21, 2012 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
KazukiJurai said:
woahevil1 said:

Oh yeah, your anime list... holy crap is it wonky. I'm not saying it's bad, but you should adjust it a bit more xD

Suggestions: Make the chibi-Infinite Stratos characters up top higher up, and behind the actual list. Move that succubus chick (forgot her name) more to the right, and your list would look pretty solid.

Also.. I might want to steal your list and edit it a bit.. Persona-fy it, if you will. Mind messaging me the code? xD

It looks wonky because the image on the right moves depending on which browser you use. Yeah I know it looks tacky but it took me fucking hours to do, I was just like fuck it its fine the way it is.

You want my code, even though you just made fun of my list and told me a massive spoiler, bahahahahahahaahahahahaa good joke
Dec 21, 2012 9:04 PM

Oct 2012
woahevil1 said:
KazukiJurai said:
woahevil1 said:

It looks wonky because the image on the right moves depending on which browser you use. Yeah I know it looks tacky but it took me fucking hours to do, I was just like fuck it its fine the way it is.

You want my code, even though you just made fun of my list and told me a massive spoiler, bahahahahahahaahahahahaa good joke

He also reappeared in Akito the Exiled at the end I think. But as one of those Japanese villagers.

No need to thank me.
Dec 21, 2012 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
woahevil1 said:
KazukiJurai said:
woahevil1 said:

Saying something looks wonky =/= making fun of it, plus I made suggestions for making it look better. And you're fine, he doesn't die until season two anyway. Everyone gets spoiled on that part. Hence why I'm not even bothering with S2 until later.
Dec 21, 2012 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
I was kidding anyways, but I laugh at the suggestions coming from the guy who copied and pasted the code for their list from the forums... (I'm kidding, don't take that seriously).

But still no code because I'm a bastard, unless you get on your knees and beg
Dec 21, 2012 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
Actually, I was the one who requested it until I'm good enough at CSS to make my own. Herpderp.
Dec 21, 2012 9:17 PM

Sep 2012
KazukiJurai said:
Actually, I was the one who requested it until I'm good enough at CSS to make my own. Herpderp.

DERPHERP?
Jan 26, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2012
One anime I could not be bother with is One piece. Its way to long for me.
Jan 29, 2013 3:21 PM
Mar 2008
Rose of Versailles, I find it annoying because of the story and art. they remind me of old shoujo anime and manga thus i will never watch it.
Jan 30, 2013 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
2 of the Big 3 (One Peice and Bleach).
Hello and Goodbye
Feb 4, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
Don't murder me but...

Fairy Tail. It got kinda long....
Feb 4, 2013 8:41 PM

Oct 2012
Clannad series,
its my own perspectives, but seems like the big eyes that clannad character have (same as kanon) really bothering me... ALOT.
Feb 4, 2013 9:13 PM

Oct 2012
okkyblight said:
but seems like the big eyes that clannad character have (same as kanon) really bothering me... ALOT.

Sounds like me and Shakugan no Shana.

Chesuwafu said:
Don't murder me but...

Longevity is a curse on all of us.
\_/ O \_/
/ \
\ /
/¯\ O /¯\
Feb 4, 2013 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
Chesuwafu said:
Don't murder me but...

The only reason I dropped Fairy Tail (manga) is it seemed draggy and "goal-less". I may come back to it.

okkyblight said:
Clannad series,
its my own perspectives, but seems like the big eyes that clannad character have (same as kanon) really bothering me... ALOT.

I hate hugeass eyes too. Also the chins go wide to the point where the simpsons look realistic.

chat300 said:
Rose of Versailles, I find it annoying because of the story and art. they remind me of old shoujo anime and manga thus i will never watch it.

Um... it is an old shoujo manga?
Feb 6, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
okkyblight said:
Clannad series,

I call BS, each anime character's eyes must be at least half the size of their forehead. It's practically the golden rule.

Chesuwafu said:
Don't murder me but...

I was thinking about picking it up at one point, was the length the only thing that really bothered you?
Feb 10, 2013 2:57 AM

Nov 2012
Haha, pretty much yeah. The plot was also a bit dragged (hence being to long), but otherwise it was seriously pretty good.

Just too long.
Feb 10, 2013 9:05 AM

Oct 2012
mmmmh, i agree with Clannad.
And, I'm the first (and probably the only one) who can't finish TTGL. I'm trying, but... i can't D:
(i watch 1 episode every 2 or 3 months u.u)
Feb 10, 2013 9:20 AM
Oct 2012
Itermin8rX said:
Chesuwafu said:
Don't murder me but...

The only reason I dropped Fairy Tail (manga) is it seemed draggy and "goal-less". I may come back to it.

i know. i love Fairy Tail, but i dont watch it every week. i watch it all in one go every month, because it really is draggy, and its not fun at the cliffhangers every week. if Fairy Tail is good at anything, it's good at cliffhangers.

MukuroChwan said:

And, I'm the first (and probably the only one) who can't finish TTGL. I'm trying, but... i can't D:

Don't worry, i cant get into TTGL either. i've tried multiple times (same with Steins; Gate, Shiki, and a bunch of other popular animes.)
i always try later to get into it and try to rewatch it, or skip a handful of episodes. Maybe that'll help. it worked for me with Pandora Heart and Soul Eater :3
Feb 11, 2013 12:32 AM

Oct 2012
ShintakoInari said:
Itermin8rX said:
Chesuwafu said:
Don't murder me but...

i know. i love Fairy Tail, but i dont watch it every week. i watch it all in one go every month, because it really is draggy, and its not fun at the cliffhangers every week. if Fairy Tail is good at anything, it's good at cliffhangers.

MukuroChwan said:

Don't worry, i cant get into TTGL either. i've tried multiple times (same with Steins; Gate, Shiki, and a bunch of other popular animes.)
i always try later to get into it and try to rewatch it, or skip a handful of episodes. Maybe that'll help. it worked for me with Pandora Heart and Soul Eater :3

For steins;gate just skip until the episode when everything is starting to get fucked up

Feb 13, 2013 5:46 PM

Oct 2012
ShintakoInari said:

I do the same thing, with both, manga and anime.

ShintakoInari said:

I don't know how I finished Shiki, is extremely boring! (at least for me)
But Steins;Gate is nice, at first is boring but

tracreed said:
when everything is starting to get fucked up

it gets much better, really enjoyable xD
Feb 14, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 2012
Fairy tail seems like it will be the new one piece.
Feb 15, 2013 12:40 AM

Oct 2012
Animewolfguy said:

What if i told you... there's a big chance of Bleach S2 coming out?
Fairy Tail is out of the league... if it happens. But I don't think anyone beat Detective Conan yet.
-------
>watched the drama and I enjoyed it
>Checked the anime and it had like 73678463786587 episodes
>no thx
Feb 15, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2012
Itermin8rX said:
Animewolfguy said:

What if i told you... there's a big chance of Bleach S2 coming out?
Fairy Tail is out of the league... if it happens. But I don't think anyone beat Detective Conan yet.
-------
>watched the drama and I enjoyed it
>Checked the anime and it had like 73678463786587 episodes
>no thx

Oh fuck no I don't want to watch another show entirely made up of fillers again.

I don't know if people like the anime beelzebub but I could never start watching it for some reason tried watching the first episode but it just didn't work

Feb 17, 2013 12:23 AM

Jun 2012
I suppose Beelzebub isn't for everyone. As a comedy fan, I love it... but for other people it may seem a bit much.
Feb 18, 2013 2:06 AM

Sep 2012
I agree with one piece, bleach, naruto, etc. I just don't have enough time for such long and seemingly endless shows :/ oh... And clannad... I Thought it was kind of boring...
Steam ID - Infernox755
Feb 18, 2013 10:49 AM
Feb 2013
KazukiJurai said:
I suppose Beelzebub isn't for everyone. As a comedy fan, I love it... but for other people it may seem a bit much.

Beelzebub was great and i couldnt find anything particularly bad about it, but personally, i felt like i had to force myself to watch it. ; u;
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Underrated anime

TigerD - Apr 20, 2014

2 by Netori »»
Mar 17, 2016 1:51 PM

» [Anime] Annoying animes, and why are they irritating? ( 1 2 )

ShintakoInari - Dec 2, 2012

63 by HijikataMayora13 »»
Jun 2, 2015 10:57 AM

» [Anime] Underrated genres?

Figma - Oct 9, 2013

5 by BohemianRhapsody »»
Apr 21, 2015 7:01 AM

» [Anime&Manga] The bottom of the sea, aka the most underrated anime/manga titles!

ShintakoInari - Dec 9, 2012

43 by hahailham1 »»
Jan 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Member Cards!~

AnimeForDummies - Mar 3, 2013

26 by AznPandaOo »»
Jan 13, 2014 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.