Tomoya hands down
Dec 23, 2012 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
Are people actually arguing about this? LOL
Dec 23, 2012 2:22 PM
Jul 2012
Setsuna200 said:
Tomoya hands down

Tomoya is pretty much the exact opposite of what a strong protagonist is.
1. He whines about how his family sucks all the time
2. He runs away at the first sign of trouble
3. He's not very strong
4. He never really does anything of extreme merit
5. He has a bad shoulder

He's never fought any superhumans summoners, post apocalyptic battle droids, , weird magical beings, shadow people, Muscle man, Pygmy Mammoth, Leaf Dragons, T-Rexes, Treemen, Lava monsters, Flying needle spitting dragons, Giant Tentacle Beetles, and Walking Radiation Power plant.
Dec 23, 2012 2:31 PM
Nov 2012
Red_Keys said:
Are people actually arguing about this? LOL

blame OP being a dumbass
Dec 23, 2012 3:22 PM

Jun 2010
The funny fact is that whatever we write or think about in this topic, it will not change the final outcome. Tennouji Koutaro IS the strongest male protagonist because of the shonen/seinen battle themes that go throughout the 5 routes of Rewrite.
He isn't that well known yet but maybe in the future when an anime (hopefully) adaptation of Rewrite will be made he will be recognized as the strongest Key male protagonist.
Dec 23, 2012 6:27 PM
Jul 2012
helski666 said:
The funny fact is that whatever we write or think about in this topic, it will not change the final outcome. Tennouji Koutaro IS the strongest male protagonist because of the shonen/seinen battle themes that go throughout the 5 routes of Rewrite.
He isn't that well known yet but maybe in the future when an anime (hopefully) adaptation of Rewrite will be made he will be recognized as the strongest Key male protagonist.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in him in hindsight for Kotori route (since that was the first route) It seemed like Kotori was the one that did most of the fighting, her and her zombie parents (Nerf Druids). But then That route, he had trouble fighting them dogs. He appears much stronger in Akane route and Chihaya route ( perhaps too strong in Akane route to the point of being overpowered ), Lucia route was not much fighting really. But by far, by far, Lucia route was the best character route. Everything just clicked together very well. And by the end I was like, that was a good route. Chihaya route wasn't bad, Kotori was pretty much, why you gotta be so depressing. Feeding the zombie parents to the dogs was totally not cool.

Some reason I like Shizuru but I really don't like her route. It just never clicked with me.

Off topic, Shizuru is so strong, she gets cut shoulder to flank, survives.

Also Kotaro is the only Key protagonist that has killed people.
blasterionDec 23, 2012 9:14 PM
Dec 27, 2012 11:16 PM

Apr 2010
blasterion said:
helski666 said:

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in him in hindsight for Kotori route (since that was the first route) It seemed like Kotori was the one that did most of the fighting, her and her zombie parents (Nerf Druids). But then That route, he had trouble fighting them dogs. He appears much stronger in Akane route and Chihaya route ( perhaps too strong in Akane route to the point of being overpowered ), Lucia route was not much fighting really. But by far, by far, Lucia route was the best character route. Everything just clicked together very well. And by the end I was like, that was a good route. Chihaya route wasn't bad, Kotori was pretty much, why you gotta be so depressing. Feeding the zombie parents to the dogs was totally not cool.

Some reason I like Shizuru but I really don't like her route. It just never clicked with me.

Off topic, Shizuru is so strong, she gets cut shoulder to flank, survives.

Also Kotaro is the only Key protagonist that has killed people.

What about "Protagonist"from Planetarian?
Dec 28, 2012 3:33 AM

Apr 2012
Aizawa Yuichi :
Not really -- what he did was just swinging wooden blades, nor did he have much character development? I don't think so.

Kunisaki Yukito
Not sure -- he didn't fight and I don't see character development in him too.

Okazaki Tomoya
In the VN he barely won a fight, but his character development was strong.

Naoe Riki /w Mask de Saito
Riki himself's character development was stronger than Tomoya, much much further, but I couldn't explain it in here because of obvious reasons. He actually was quite strong because of Masato, even with a trap look, and he could use guns.
Saito? Umau. Don't really know much about him.

Tennouji Koutaro
The strongest in strength. Character development in Terra was quite a thing too, though not enough to defeat Tomoya and Riki.

I'd say that Kotaro though -- since I see you guys were discussing about physical strength.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Dec 28, 2012 4:06 AM
Dec 2012
I Don't Know about the Protagonist on Planetarian, but I'll Say Koutarou for sure
Dec 30, 2012 3:26 PM

Dec 2009
And who is the best troll of Key's protagonist?

Kotarou, Yuichi or Tomoya?
Dec 30, 2012 7:05 PM
Jul 2012
Linkark07 said:
And who is the best troll of Key's protagonist?

Kotarou, Yuichi or Tomoya?

Kotarou easily because
Dec 31, 2012 6:03 AM

Dec 2009
Any time I watch that I can't stop laughing.
Jan 2, 2013 5:25 AM
Dec 2012
Kotarou, because he could even make Yoshino lose his Pride and not to mention he's trolling him a lot
Jan 2, 2013 6:41 AM

Sep 2011
Anon123456 said:

You can't even make a decent comeback.

You shouldn't argue with him to begin with. The poll(Not the poll result) is already biased, and so the thread is.

I fail to see the point of this thread.
TennoujiJan 2, 2013 6:47 AM

Jan 2, 2013 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
Anon123456 said:
blasterion said:
HOW THE FUCK IS OKAZAKI WINNING HE has no powers, no Mask de Saito, no guns, no Aurora weapons, Never survived an apocalypse, Never fought supernatural beings

Oh SHUT UP!! Tomoya had the best character development out of any of the other Key leads, that's probably what everyone thought this poll was about! He had the strongest development, understand now? Yes he may have been physically weak and he may not have beat everyone up but he also suffered the MOST from any of the leads! You MADE the poll, take Tomoya out if you hate him that much! >.>

And I don't know why anyone would say that Yuichi is much better than Tomoya. Don't get me wrong, I really like Yuichi and I think he's a fantastic lead but compared to Tomoya, he's nothing but a Gary Stu. He doesn't seem to make mistakes that much and it just seems unnatural.
Riki is also a good lead but there's a reason why Tomoya is voted the strongest here. Maybe not physically, but development?? No doubt.

This wasn't even ABOUT character development. If you read the post, it talks about combat strength. Therefore, Kotarou is the obvious winner. And he suffered the most? Really? Tomoya lost two people close to him (if you discount the resolution). Riki lost EVERYONE (if you discount the resolution). Tomoya was well on the way of developing well. He was changing. But Key gave that up to create more drama. They killed off Nagisa and made him neglect his daughter and continue to be depressed. Then he begins to develop again (the same development he went down before), then they just kick him in the nuts and reset it again. Then he tries to make it so that him and Nagisa never met, then all of a sudden just changes his mind. His development was just all over the place. So either way, he's still not the strongest in terms of character development.
Jan 2, 2013 8:26 AM

Dec 2012
You all know Akio Furukawa is the strongest.
Jan 2, 2013 8:29 AM
Jul 2012
lewycool said:
You all know Akio Furukawa is the strongest.

He was the coolest when you knew him as mysterious man, the time he was locked in the gym storage with Tomoya you know that one scene.
Jan 2, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
Anon, you DO know the poll is about who's stronger physically and not mentally, right?

Aside from that, while Tomoya had great development, I still think Riki's the most developped Key protagonist.
Jan 2, 2013 10:52 AM
May 2012
Solkiskey said:
Anon, you DO know the poll is about who's stronger physically and not mentally, right?

Aside from that, while Tomoya had great development, I still think Riki's the most developped Key protagonist.

I misunderstood the title and I severely apologise but after re-reading I know Tomoya is not the strongest physically. I'm not the only one who's made that mistake here. Leave off already.
WinterSnowflakeJan 2, 2013 11:04 AM
Jan 2, 2013 11:06 AM

Sep 2012
How is it even possible for people to get butthurt over such a nonsensical topic such as this?

Oh btw the answer is clearly Tomoya.
Jan 2, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
Anon123456 said:
Red_Keys said:
How is it even possible for people to get butthurt over such a nonsensical topic such as this?

Don't fall into the same trap I did. It's strongest character as in physically. Tomoya isn't the strongest physically. I thought the question was which protaganist do you think is stronger as in development or such and it turned out it was as in combat skills.

950 hit chain combo.

Tomoya wins.
Jan 2, 2013 4:31 PM

May 2011
Red_Keys said:
Anon123456 said:
Red_Keys said:

Don't fall into the same trap I did. It's strongest character as in physically. Tomoya isn't the strongest physically. I thought the question was which protaganist do you think is stronger as in development or such and it turned out it was as in combat skills.

950 hit chain combo.

Tomoya wins.

But even then, he still can't match up to Kotarou. No matter how you look at it, there are several facts proving that he is the strongest Key protagonist.
Jan 2, 2013 4:42 PM

Oct 2012
I think the strongest has to be the kid from magic
Jan 2, 2013 9:43 PM
Jul 2012
Some of the strong Male protagonists off the top of my head

Really strong men

Shirogane Takeru (MuvLuv Alternative)
Tenouji Kotarou (Rewrite)
Yamada Taeko (I can never remember his male name (Koitate))
Caim (Aiyoku no Eustia)
Kou (Baldr Sky)
Kaito (Akatsuki no Goei)
Nozomu (Seinarukana)
Yuuto (Eien no Aselia)

These are kinda stretching it though

Kenichi (Sharin no Kuni)
Kyouske (G-senjou)
And If I recall properly (been a long time) Rance from the Rance series is no push over either.

blasterionJan 2, 2013 9:55 PM
Jan 4, 2013 2:24 PM

Jul 2008
Sunohara beats everyone.

Sorry.
Jan 4, 2013 6:32 PM

Oct 2012
Speaking of Sunohara, he almost died pretty early in the series. Remember how he was hitting on the girl in the festival? Yeah that was Kurako. There was a split second where you would have seen her pissed. Mhmm, he would have died. :P
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Jan 5, 2013 8:56 AM

Aug 2011
Decided to try out Rewrite since so many people here are talking about it.

one thing i already like is the resolution.. IM PLAYING A KEY GAME IN 16:9 FORMAT!
and the title screen is very pretty
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jan 5, 2013 6:08 PM
Jul 2012
blubberflub said:
Decided to try out Rewrite since so many people here are talking about it.

one thing i already like is the resolution.. IM PLAYING A KEY GAME IN 16:9 FORMAT!
and the title screen is very pretty

too bad 16:9 screenshots break MAL forums =(
Jan 6, 2013 3:13 AM

Aug 2012
Kotarou is my pick since I played the VN for a while now
Jan 6, 2013 9:24 AM
Apr 2012
I thought yukito has a magical ability of some sorts
Well Still Kotarou is the winner
Jan 7, 2013 2:14 AM
Dec 2012
Vote for Tomoya is just too damn high. I Think they need to Adapt Rewrite into an Anime to show them who's the strongest.
Jan 8, 2013 7:02 AM
Jul 2012
xHikaru13x said:
Vote for Tomoya is just too damn high. I Think they need to Adapt Rewrite into an Anime to show them who's the strongest.

I would love that but then again Rewrite is as big a storyboard nightmare as Little Busters is, actually much worse.
blasterionJan 8, 2013 3:30 PM
Jan 8, 2013 8:41 AM

Jun 2010

You might wanna tag that as a spoiler ^^ Not everyone did play Rewrite yet in this topic. Either way I agree with you on the fact that Lucia's route was the best.
Jan 8, 2013 3:31 PM
Jul 2012
helski666 said:

You might wanna tag that as a spoiler ^^ Not everyone did play Rewrite yet in this topic. Either way I agree with you on the fact that Lucia's route was the best.

Kotori route was just plain heartbreaking. Worst part was

I would love Akane if she didn't end up all

Lucia route, Church scene was awesome. So was maidfuku
blasterionJan 8, 2013 3:36 PM
Jan 8, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2010
blasterion said:
helski666 said:

Kotori = heartbreaking gotta agree with that one and add something.

Akane

Lucia

Shizuru

Chihaya
Jan 8, 2013 10:14 PM
Dec 2012
That's why it would be awesome if Rewrite gets an awesome anime adaptation
Jan 9, 2013 5:49 AM
Jul 2012
helski666 said:
blasterion said:
helski666 said:

Akane

Lucia

Shizuru

Chihaya

You do kill
blasterionJan 9, 2013 6:14 AM
Jan 9, 2013 12:38 PM
Dec 2012
blasterion said:
helski666 said:
blasterion said:
helski666 said:

Akane

Lucia

Shizuru

Chihaya

You do kill

Jan 9, 2013 2:13 PM
Jul 2012
xHikaru13x said:
blasterion said:
helski666 said:
blasterion said:
helski666 said:

Akane

Lucia

Shizuru

Chihaya

You do kill

Jan 9, 2013 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
Now that I'm finally reading Rewrite I have to say Koutarou.
And nevermind being strong, he's also fucking awesome.Best troll yet.
Also if this was mentally, I'd pick Riki.Sure Tomoya went through alot of shit but Riki developed more.
Jan 9, 2013 4:10 PM
Jul 2012
skapandi said:
Now that I'm finally reading Rewrite I have to say Koutarou.
And nevermind being strong, he's also fucking awesome.Best troll yet.
Also if this was mentally, I'd pick Riki.Sure Tomoya went through alot of shit but Riki developed more.

Welcome to the Rewrite club =D
Jan 9, 2013 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
Kotomi ichinose

Just let her play the violin. Everyone around her will die

Oh wait.... Male protagonist...

Jan 9, 2013 4:22 PM
Jul 2012
Tomoya
Jan 9, 2013 4:50 PM
Jul 2012
Danielcook said:
Kotomi ichinose

Just let her play the violin. Everyone around her will die

Oh wait.... Male protagonist...

But seriously the strongest Key Heroine is definitely Key
blasterionJan 9, 2013 4:54 PM
Jan 9, 2013 7:27 PM

Jun 2010

I loled at this picture. Pure win!
Jan 9, 2013 8:40 PM
Jul 2012
helski666 said:

I been debating on how strong Key actually is. She is super strong but, I mean there were points where she got wftpwned really really fast. (Kotori/Akane route)

On topic, Kyou Tomoyo and Kotomi at least look somewhat like guys, the others just look reverse trap.
Jan 9, 2013 8:59 PM

Jun 2010
blasterion said:
helski666 said:

I been debating on how strong Key actually is. She is super strong but, I mean there were points where she got wftpwned really really fast. (Kotori/Akane route)

On topic, Kyou Tomoyo and Kotomi at least look somewhat like guys, the others just look reverse trap.

Kagari ---> Key whatever we will call her was really overpowered sometimes,

Clannad bishounen (reverse trap) anime ----> Not sure if like
Jan 9, 2013 9:09 PM
Jul 2012
helski666 said:
blasterion said:
helski666 said:

Kagari ---> Key whatever we will call her was really overpowered sometimes,

Clannad bishounen (reverse trap) anime ----> Not sure if like

Ribbons and Songs also Kagari super cute in Harvest Festa

Except Nagisa / Fuko and Ryou don't have any of the traits that would make the Heroes in Otome games appealing.

Maybe Nagisa can fit the role of the kouhai that tries super hard, and is cute and always botches things genre, but then again even those have to become overbearing at times to "push down" the female protagonist to make the archetype work.

Ryou, sorry you are just not meant to be

Fuko, Yeah there are girls that are into Shotas w/e. But then Fuko will end up playing a trap character anyways, so she'll go back to being "female" in the end so it would be pointless.

Clannad Otome would've been a very shitty Otome game.

But actually Tomoya's archetype is actually translates pretty well into a female protagonist in a Otome game
blasterionJan 9, 2013 9:19 PM
Jan 9, 2013 11:48 PM
Dec 2012
Am I the only one here that realize that the latest reply on this thread is mostly about Clannad and Rewrite? and Am I the only one here that give a damn about this?
Jan 10, 2013 4:36 AM
Jul 2012
xHikaru13x said:
Am I the only one here that realize that the latest reply on this thread is mostly about Clannad and Rewrite? and Am I the only one here that give a damn about this?

Well Rewrite's male protagonist is the strongest. so it's relevant
And Clannad's male protagonist has the highest votes so it's also relevant
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.