Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 25, 2012 6:11 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
nseika said:
So, the ring of numbers around the sight is cannon elevation adjustment ?
Simply put, yes. However, they are course settings - like using a yard stick to measure something 2 millimeters long, and don't account for a whole host of other factors as the author of the Zeiss optic site mentions. Also, the exact type, and quality, of the sighting equipment varied considerably between countries, with Germany usually considered the leader in that regard.

symbv said:

The most relevant wiki page about the rangefinding shown in this episode is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadiametric_rangefinding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_mil
Cool. Much better than the wiki pages I dug up.
Oct 25, 2012 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
The carrier that Miho & co live on is >7.5km long and 1km wide !!

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/1351097677.jpg

This means the carrier that St. Gloria Academy is located must be at least 15km long !!!

I am sure this extra detail must mean something for the world the characters live in and the later story but I am not sure what it is. People still live on the land so it is not as if the land is now uninhabitable. It seems just that all schools are now located on carriers, but why?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 25, 2012 8:12 AM

Apr 2011
I am astounded by the high level of detail they put not only on the tanks but the
carriers themselves.
Oct 25, 2012 7:43 PM

Jun 2012
Well I can't even say that I liked the action- it was extremely unrealistic. I know it's an anime and all, but I was mindblown. I also generally do not like the characters, so I find the rest of each episode (other than the battles) very boring to watch. So, I skipped it this time. I am now considering dropping it, or only watching the battle scenes. I don't believe the future episodes will be any different, though..
Cannot rate (did not watch full episode, but I rate battle 1.5/5. I did like the interior of the tank and each person's role).

Oct 25, 2012 11:07 PM

Aug 2010
Mako made this show even better.
Oct 25, 2012 11:17 PM

Sep 2012
This show is turning into the DARK HORSE in this season, as its presale ranking in Amazon Japan has climbed over time and it now sits only below Chuunibyou (and above ToLoveRu Darkness, Little Busters and JoJo) to be the second in the current pre-sales ranking among this season's anime. Many fans in Japan are finding this anime unexpectedly interesting - it is respectable to the concept of the admittedly far-fetched idea of tanks as a school club activity for girls and not treat it as parody, and it also contains a lot of actual information about military, history and tanks. A fine balance between slice of life humor with girls and trivia-minded military/tank portrayal.

This turns out to be something truly unexpected to many people including myself.
symbvOct 25, 2012 11:20 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 3:31 AM

Apr 2011
Love the "British Grenadiers March" song during the tank battle.
Oct 26, 2012 5:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ho,ho, ho..There are some other outfits called the "Thunder" and "Prada". Maybe it means its an american and a russian school. It'd be great to get some old school Soviet armour in the mix.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2012 5:06 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
This show is turning into the DARK HORSE in this season, as its presale ranking in Amazon Japan has climbed over time and it now sits only below Chuunibyou (and above ToLoveRu Darkness, Little Busters and JoJo) to be the second in the current pre-sales ranking among this season's anime. Many fans in Japan are finding this anime unexpectedly interesting - it is respectable to the concept of the admittedly far-fetched idea of tanks as a school club activity for girls and not treat it as parody, and it also contains a lot of actual information about military, history and tanks. A fine balance between slice of life humor with girls and trivia-minded military/tank portrayal.

This turns out to be something truly unexpected to many people including myself.

I wouldn't say this is a good anime, but it's not as bas as the titles suggested. You can learn some things while watching those girls doing moe stuff, so I'm OK with this show and probably won't drop it.
Oct 26, 2012 6:00 AM

Apr 2011
Would it be awesome to go to school driving a tank in the morning? At least that's what I think when Maho and Hana brought the PIV to pick up Mako.
Oct 26, 2012 4:43 PM

Nov 2007
Girls making tanks cute. Somehow this seems like something you'd never see. Meh. There's worse.

I must agree about nobody wanting to get up at 6 am.
Oct 26, 2012 10:05 PM

Apr 2011
mystik said:
Girls making tanks cute. Somehow this seems like something you'd never see. Meh. There's worse.

Yeah, I mean really...humans aren't made to wake up at those ungodly hours!
Oct 26, 2012 10:13 PM

Sep 2012
mystik said:

And they have to get up at 5am because the meeting time is 6am.

Oct 27, 2012 8:36 AM

Mar 2012
Well,I can't expect to see high ratings for this anime due to jealousy..I mean its girls..riding tanks..what else can make a guy jealous..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Oct 27, 2012 1:37 PM

Apr 2007
Holy Christ the M3 (Pink Tank) team is cute as hell. I'm cheering for them!
Oct 27, 2012 3:30 PM

Apr 2011
RanKizama said:

They're super adorable right?

Id take the loli with the glasses home. XD
Oct 27, 2012 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
My favourite team:

I especially like the 2 girls on the left
Oct 27, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:
My favourite team:

The Sengoku history buff
The German WWII history buff
The Bakumatsu history buff
The Roman history buff

Oct 27, 2012 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
[00:11:54] i see char gelgoog , zaku and hyakushiki in the form of ...tanks. and a moeficated cockpit before it. would love to see another surprise in this series. so far have fun watching . currently wondering what ankou odori looks like ^^
<pardon my English and attitudes> T_T
Oct 27, 2012 6:00 PM

Jul 2010
So Maho suddenly is the new commander. I hope she can handle the pressure.

Oct 28, 2012 7:18 AM

Mar 2012
funny, they were right on first episode, about liking girls. Love them.
Oct 28, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2012
Onyxthegreat said:

I love how the student council nudged Miho bit by bit to get her to be the captain of the school team!
symbvOct 29, 2012 1:27 AM

Oct 28, 2012 4:26 PM

May 2012
I think you mean Miho and not Maho. Maho is Miho's older sister.
Oct 28, 2012 5:08 PM

Jan 2012
team A owned them all LOL. although team D is out due to their own clumsiness LOL

reizei is so cute when she looks so sleepy (well... she ALWAYS looks sleepy lol)
Oct 28, 2012 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Onyxthegreat said:

I love how the student council nudged Maho bit by bit to get her to be the captain of the school team!

If I where Anzu, I'd do the same. Miho is the most experience and most competitive to be captain. She's already driving tanks since she was ten. Yukari already knew she was into senshado because she seen her in action before.
fanks_177 said:
team A owned them all LOL. although team D is out due to their own clumsiness LOL

reizei is so cute when she looks so sleepy (well... she ALWAYS looks sleepy lol)

She's already my instant favorite when I first so her in episode 2. I don't know why, but there is something charming and adorable about girls like her.
MagitoOct 28, 2012 9:41 PM
Oct 28, 2012 9:13 PM

Apr 2007
Magito said:
RanKizama said:

I just love the entire team. They're so cute. SO CUTE. Gotta get a pink skin for my World of Tanks tank now. (>_>)
Oct 28, 2012 9:30 PM

Apr 2011
RanKizama said:
Magito said:
RanKizama said:

I just love the entire team. They're so cute. SO CUTE. Gotta get a pink skin for my World of Tanks tank now. (>_>)

And get a loli tank crew as well. If its possible.
Oct 29, 2012 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
Good Episode

Poor Mako waking up at 5am. XD
Oct 29, 2012 1:30 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
symbv said:

I love how the student council nudged Miho bit by bit to get her to be the captain of the school team!

If I where Anzu, I'd do the same. Miho is the most experience and most competitive to be captain.

I know I am supposed to dislike Anzu -- abusing her power as student council president, bullying Miho time and time again, always munching on snack, and get her staff to do all the hard work... BUT I FIND HER ADORABLE instead !! Something definitely wrong inside me...

Oct 29, 2012 6:36 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Magito said:
symbv said:

If I where Anzu, I'd do the same. Miho is the most experience and most competitive to be captain.

I know I am supposed to dislike Anzu -- abusing her power as student council president, bullying Miho time and time again, always munching on snack, and get her staff to do all the hard work... BUT I FIND HER ADORABLE instead !! Something definitely wrong inside me...

That's perfectly normal...even thought she did threaten Maho which I find mean, she probably have a good side.
Nov 3, 2012 7:14 AM

Jul 2008
sorry to ask that but
isn't getting new member in that half of the battle
Cheating
Nov 3, 2012 9:45 AM

May 2012
almozayaf said:
sorry to ask that but
Cheating

Well, there wasn't a rule about that anyway. And no one from the other groups complained about it.
Nov 3, 2012 11:07 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
zenjamibu said:
almozayaf said:
sorry to ask that but
Cheating

Well, there wasn't a rule about that anyway. And no one from the other groups complained about it.
Reinforcements.
Nov 11, 2012 1:02 PM

May 2011
Love the way they decorated all of their tanks, that pink one is the best and I just love those girls who are operating it. And I agree with Mako 100%, god that's like torture, making her wake up that early in the morning. She's probably my favorite girl behind Saori in this anime.
Nov 26, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2009
haha.. i really like reizei. she's my favorite ;) she's like me. i do not want to wake up that early in the morning.
Dec 14, 2012 2:52 AM

Jun 2009
Fun anime is fun. And, I don't even mean the dumb kind of fun. Clearly a lot of attention to detail was put into this series and how the Tank works and it only adds to the experience. Also, lol at Maho jumping and doing a face plant on the tank. In fact, Maho seems to be an excellent source of comedy all around.
Ston3_FreeN7Dec 14, 2012 2:57 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 26, 2012 7:34 AM
Feb 2012
Now look at that, I'm actually enjoying this show despite my bad first impression during the season start. What a pleasant surprise that is.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 28, 2013 5:16 AM

Apr 2009
As expected of a talented tank commander, a capable crew and a robust machine. Miho's team won their very first engagement even while encircled. The German Panzer IV was a good tank, until the Soviet T-34 came along to counter it.

Those credit benefits came in handy after all. It turned into an offer that Mako couldn't resist. Past that, her grandma is something she fears even more than repeating a grade.

And so the spartan tank interior turned into a slightly more comfy one for civilian use... but because it's a sports machine in this world, it's fine. Driving a tank around the peaceful neighborhood like it's normal is pretty awesome.

Also, it's nice to hear KitaEri's voice in this anime as a fan of hers.
Mar 18, 2013 2:02 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, so all that took place on a giant ship at sea?
That's interesting.
Mar 25, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
I wonder if painting the tanks vibrant colors is gonna come back to bite them in the ass later on.
Mar 26, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2012
schwarzbruder said:
[00:11:54] i see char gelgoog , zaku and hyakushiki in the form of ...tanks. and a moeficated cockpit before it. would love to see another surprise in this series. so far have fun watching . currently wondering what ankou odori looks like ^^

Haha... I don't really know the tank models so I refer to them by nicknames

Red tank=Char
Gold tank=Hyaku Shiki
Pink Tank-Strike Rouge/Soma Peries

liking the series so far.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 4, 2013 7:56 AM

Dec 2009
Mako is the best.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 14, 2013 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
DAM o only know few ger word but in sub i see a lot that i ton't know, cant find normal ENG SUB VER any-ware :(
Apr 14, 2013 9:49 PM

Nov 2007
Sugram22 said:
DAM o only know few ger word but in sub i see a lot that i ton't know, cant find normal ENG SUB VER any-ware :(

Search for Hiryuu if you want normal eng subs. I know Commie has a "non-fun" track, but i'm not sure if that is the default track or not. Requires a few extra unnecessary clicks if not.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 15, 2013 12:39 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Sugram22 said:

Search for Hiryuu if you want normal eng subs. I know Commie has a "non-fun" track, but i'm not sure if that is the default track or not. Requires a few extra unnecessary clicks if not.

THX for info but there are only comments on that page & no player to watch anime, i watch series online
Sugram22Apr 15, 2013 12:44 AM
Apr 15, 2013 11:45 PM

Nov 2007
Sugram22 said:
Ejc said:
Sugram22 said:

THX for info but there are only comments on that page & no player to watch anime, i watch series online

Maybe Crunchyroll then if you watch anime online? That's if you have a premium membership... I recall non-premium members only have access to 360p? You may be out of luck if you prefer higher resolution and non-Commie subs. Well, it looks like you're gone through the eps okay though.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
May 28, 2013 11:33 AM

May 2012
Them fancy tank colors! Quite decent episode but it's kinda boring :/
Nov 23, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
There was soooo much foreshadowing in this episode... wow
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Dec 7, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2012
mind=blown at how much people love this kind of show...

waste of time for me..

dropped
Dec 7, 2013 7:04 PM
Oct 2012
flaxman85 said:
mind=blown at how much people love this kind of show...

waste of time for me..

dropped

Since you are skipping through the episodes (episodes without credits are 20 minutes and you are claiming to have watch two in 30 minutes, just saying), spend the time to get through 5. If you love battle scenes then you won't be disappointed because there are 3 major battle sequences from 5 through the end. If you don't like battle scenes, then you should drop it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

191 by patkarunungan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

244 by patkarunungan »»
May 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 15, 2012

119 by patkarunungan »»
May 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 8, 2012

251 by patkarunungan »»
May 30, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

okanagan - Mar 25, 2013

274 by aimso1 »»
May 19, 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.