Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 18, 2012 2:38 PM
Oct 2011
ichigo03 said:
Honestly, I think the mangaka is just pulling shit out of his ass and trying to find a way to end this manga (remember he said he wanted to finish it by the end of THIS YEAR!).
He's been pulling shit out of his ass since chapter 1, I don't know why that surprises you. I mean, I like Gantz for what it is, but let's not pretend that this crazy bullshit that comes out of nowhere is anything new.
Aug 20, 2012 1:25 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Pero said:
Kosters said:
A few pages later they start bitching about how humans have little regard for lesser species. Why can't that be just "how things are"?

Not to mention they also say, "Even if hundreds or millions of you were to die, it would be of no importance of us. From our point of view, you are microscopic. No more than insects."

Isn't that way of thinking, human-like and arrogant?
They are saying that humans are inconsequential to the bigger picture and to them. It does sound like human arrogance at first but it makes no mention of an existentialist superiority to give themselves importance which they dismissed as a human trait.

But they are showing off their superiority by implicating themselves into the "order of things". A truly agnostic race wouldn't really talk like that. That was a poor attempt. Next big boss is them I call for it.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 20, 2012 1:28 AM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
Benevolance said:
EsPwnage said:
Benevolance said:
I think the faces on the aliens are just a way for them to communicate with humans better. They speak human language and they use faces that we are familiar with to get the message across better.
But any-who......OH MI GOD!!!! This chapter answered 368 chapters worth of questions!!
I was kind of ticked of tho. I felt like kei and friends should have been asking a lot more questions.
Like "how are humans able to be revived". If I was in their position, I would be asking a hell of a lot more questions about the world. They also should have asked why their eyes were bleeding.

It said that those people inside the gantz balls were interpritations of randomnly selected people0 hence the revival system. I'm probably wrong but what I'm saying is a guess.

So they revived ppl by copying their brain and putting them in those white gantz bodies?

How they revive people is quite simple actually. The machine that transfers them is a kind of teleportation machine. Teleporting works by analyzing the molegular-atomic structure of an object and recreating them in another place while destroying the one in the first place. So in reality is just a copy maker not really a transfer, that's how teleporting actually works and that is a big debate between science fiction fans on whether anyone would actually use such a machine because in reality the original dies.
Anyway from the moment that machine analyzed their bodies then it can basically make copies of them as much as it likes. So they didn't actually revived, it just that the machine has a copy of their molecular structure. You should have realized as much from the fact that there are two Kurono's. If it was real revival then it wouldn't be possible to have two of them.
So as you see anyone with a little science knowledge already knows that answer and doesn't need to ask said question.

^That's your answer
Aug 25, 2012 3:19 PM
Jan 2012
Finally caught up to the manga, 3 days of rigorous reading. Seems to me, that this series is slowly but surely moving towards it's end. For this episode though, it gave me this strange sense of satisaction. Giving answers, while criticizing humans and propagating a peaceful life was good enough fo me. Looking forward to the next chapter, whenever it arrives.
Aug 28, 2012 3:58 PM
Aug 2012
Flevalt said:
On the topic of life and death and revival you should also consider that every single person that wears a gantz suit is dead already in a way. They died, that's why they got selected and copied in the first place by gantz. So the #2 Kurono is not the only one that's "just a copy".

This new chapter was very interesting but the alien God-like existence acted really weird. I mean he changes his way of answering from one moment to the next.

At first he answers important questions just abstractly like to the question
"why can't people live without sacrificing?" he just gives answers like

"That's how things are", "Existence is like this"(because the author himself obviously doesn't know the answers of course) and to the counter-question if he can only answer in this abstract way he replies with "It's because it is the most important shot" as if he meant to say that this "flow" of answering of his is most important in essence but actually his reply was just as abstract as his 2 answers before so you can't really tell wether he's just spouting out these replies like a machine that got progammed or if he really has some sort of higher knowledge that he bases his answers on.

I don't think the alien act arrogant or even hostile towards the humans as some others here already commented. After he's done with his abstract answers he starts to explain kuronos question and then notes that all of this didn't happen out of sympathy for humankind nor could he care less about the extinction of man as they're nothing more than insects to them. And by saying that he's absolutely right. He might as well have said that he doesn't care about any form of life on earth as they're all just insects to them from their point of view.

But think back. Since the humans acted so arrogantly even in front of the alien in the room of truth and centered their thoughts around themselves(humankind) once they heard his explanation, he told them not to be mistaken.
By talking about "God" which is a manifestation that centers around man(when the first people started talking about the universe not being centered around earth but the sun, they were being executed for blasphemy, a example of humans always placing themselves higher than they are) and being so happy about meeting another race that cares, they broke into tears.
That is why the alien refered to them as arrogant, they just demonstrated directly in front of him how they center their every thought around themselves and that everything in this world just exists for the good of them. But that's not how things work, the aliens didn't help them because they are friends of humankind. But the people in the room just automatically assumed that from hearing the answers of the alien. The aliens told the humans about their insect-like existence probably as a form of critic and not because they're arrogant themselves. He's using human/sympathical faces to seem more familiar to the humans and less scary. He obviously tries to communicate with them in a way that they can best understand. So it also wouldn't be wrong to assume that out of the humans self-centered view the critic of being like insects to them would give a better understanding of humans flaws. It's like taking their worst and showing it to them in a mirror.

It's a bit of a difference having realistic thoughts and seeing the difference in power between 2 life forms(like comparing a zebras status to a lions) and taking your own race and always lifting it above every other existences status. To me that's a difference at least because the first is just how things are(similar like the answer by the alien as to why there is such a big difference between rich and poor people) and the other is a species that isn't actually meant to be a god or even compare themselves to such a creature that is above everyone else. Humans are in that aspect more like a parasite on earth. If earth was one single life form and we were microscopic bacterias, we would probably be a virus.

<-What this guy said, the aliens aren't being arrogant by telling humanity that it's worthless to them because the aliens are far more advanced. Just like ants are tiny bugs to us humans are tiny bugs to them, the difference is that ants don't go around bragging about their superiority or f**king up other creatures. Humanity really does nothing for anybody but itself, and obviously if humanity got into a war with the creatures that gave them the only weapons that they can use to fight a species that's only slightly more technologically advanced at this than they are at this point they would lose.

If they were interested in war they could have wiped out those other aliens themselves and wiped out humanity themselves, they just can't be bothered because they're doing whatever they do. To call them "Gods" is simplistic, and they don't want to be known as humanity's savior. They are superior to humans however, because of everything they have going for them, but they aren't douchebags about it the way humans are.

We don't even know how many of that species exists, how they move, or what their planet looks like. All we know is that the creatures that destroyed human society with no effort (and saw them as insects) didn't see a war with them worthwhile.
Sep 1, 2012 6:18 PM
Mar 2011
the aliens speak some truth, but I never thought Oku Hiroya would really go that far in his manga;
first insulting the human race and secondly drawing Hitler's face...
anyways I wonder how they're going to react.
Sep 1, 2012 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
Great chapter

btw, i know this is random, but it's kind of funny that everyone just forgot about sakurai while he was on his rampage. i mean, not even one person bothered to ask where he was. It's like he was completely erased from everyone's mind and was left to die by himself .
Sep 3, 2012 4:01 PM
Oct 2008
So much stuff happens and explodes in this manga that it's impossible and pointless to try to follow all the characters or what exactly is going on. So I didn't even notice what happened with Sakurai.

I for one sort of liked this chapter but it seems like the aliens are indeed being somewhat arrogant by trolling the humans about their self-worth. Of course it's insulting if everyone says "thank you" and then they essentially reply "oh yeah and you're worthless", what's the point of it?
Sep 3, 2012 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
Gantz is so amazing and i feel sad that i have to say "good bye"!One of the greatest Manga is coming to an end!

Everyone is waiting for the conclusion now!
This world...is rotten
Sep 10, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2010
hmm, this is not much of a surprise, it already felt pretty explained to me, funny seeing micheal jackson and hitler in those strange beeings
Sep 11, 2012 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
wow I didn't see that coming, this chapter was amazing
May 19, 2013 12:23 AM

May 2012
MJ spotted.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 26, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
This was an awesome chapter that put everything together, while the whole face-changing thing was cool, it just distracted me.
Jul 10, 2013 6:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Massive info dump chapter after a decade or so.

The alien goes from being an abstract deity type to a quite aggressive and confrontational character a couple of pages later. Seems a bit awkward to me.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 11, 2013 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
FINALLY. AN EXPLANATION I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

After 369 chapters. Finally. :D

Love the face changes, too.
Aug 13, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2009
The room of truth was half-assed as fuck in some regards ...

Q:"Why can't people live without sacrificing others?"
A: "That's how things are."

Q: "Why is there such a huge gap between rich and poor people."
A: "Existence is like this."

... Lazy "all-knowing" being.
Mar 11, 2015 10:46 AM

May 2014
This was probably one of the best chapters in the manga overall. The faces were a really nice addition, along with the satisfaction of everything finally being explained.

Actually no, all it shows is that that "all-knowing" being is a lazy ass hat.
LPGeneratorxSep 2, 2015 5:15 AM
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Apr 12, 2015 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
Pirating_Ninja said:
The room of truth was half-assed as fuck in some regards ...

Q:"Why can't people live without sacrificing others?"
A: "That's how things are."

Q: "Why is there such a huge gap between rich and poor people."
A: "Existence is like this."

... Lazy "all-knowing" being.

Lmao +1
Sep 17, 2015 11:33 PM

Apr 2013
Lazy ass answer machine. So they are a more superior alien race than the one who invaded the earth.
Oct 18, 2016 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
I'm in love with this. This is how how I feel about humans too.

"But we have feelings" no shit mate animals don't? Fuck y'all
Oct 25, 2016 2:10 AM

Nov 2010
Oh wow, so many good explanations. great stuff.
Jan 10, 2020 8:22 AM

May 2016
The one thing to come to mind after seeing two omnipotent and omniscient beings and finding out about how they were the ones who sent the plans to make counter-alien technology can only be about god actually existing after all. They might say that they did not do it for them but that raises the question on why they'd even bother going through all of that in the first place.

Fascinating to see all those familiar faces lul

Mar 23, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
So, a star system was ending. Various races started migrating to other planets. Some came to Earth and ended up fighting the Gantz teams. The 'end' or 'catastrophe' was referring to the date the giant aliens were due to arrive, who planned to conquer the Earth. Gantz was gifted to the Earth by an even more advanced alien race to combat the giant aliens, but the recipient turned it into a sort of game. I got all that, but the logic and reasoning of the truth alien seems babbling and inconsistent. I also don't understand why the 'God' theme is so present in this manga when there are aliens and monsters running about, not to mention people being constantly revived. What's the commentary? Why would any of the characters believe in God? It's difficult to work out what the author is trying to say.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 23, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2015
I'm surprised this manga is still going. It jumped the shark SO many times and relies too much on ass and titties to carry a bad plot.

Did it get better recently or worse?
Mar 23, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2008
watercolorsanime said:
I'm surprised this manga is still going. It jumped the shark SO many times and relies too much on ass and titties to carry a bad plot.

Did it get better recently or worse?

It ended seven years ago.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jun 11, 2020 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
I had a feeling that nazis would be brought into this somehow lmao. They always are.
Sep 11, 2020 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
"The so called God you cling to does not exist", not a God then but an alien race that is far to advanced for humans to even begin to comprehend an that happens to be the same race that provided the technology to stand a chance against other alien invaders
i think Sebastián might belong to this advanced alien civilization

BTW it was fun trying to figure out the faces that this higher being was using, among them i recognized: Jesus (Even though he should not look like that) and Mother Mary, Michael Jackson, ex Japanese emperor Hirohito (?), Gandhi and Mother Teresa of Calcuta, Pope Benedict XVI (?), Albert Einstein, Marilyn Monroe an Adolf Hitler
Dec 13, 2020 5:38 PM

May 2020
Okay I want to know who all of the people are exactly? I at first thought they were all like random people but then I started to recognize faces.

In Chronological order here is who I think they are:

1. Mary and Joseph
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. John Lennon
6. Michael Jackson
7. ???
8. ???
9. Gandhi
10. Mother Teresa
11. ???
12. Pope Benedict XVI
13. Einstein
14. Marilyn Monroe
15. Stanley Kubrick
16. Adolph Hitler

If anyone can fill in the blanks I'd be really interested in who else is depicted.
Mar 26, 2021 8:37 AM

Nov 2016
This gotta be one of the most amazing chapters ever.

I loved how it answered crucial questions regarding the orgin of the black balls directly. Also that the Aliens were basically just refugees. Also interesting that the technology was provided, but humans themelves chose to turn it into a fucked up game. I'm satiesfied with the answers, it's enough to have a gist of things.

Furthermore this manga was all about the bad habits of humans( arrogance, selfishness etc.) and that our life isn't worth as much as we think. I mean, in this series it was possible to have copies of oneself. Tech, monsters and gore were just the painting.

From what we've seen we can answer questions like "Why can't humans live without sacrificung others?" ourselves. It's way too complex to bring it up in a fictional work like that. You could give a straight answer, but it's better to think about it yourself.

Hitler at the end killed me haha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2022 10:17 AM
Feb 2022
Al fin sabemos todo sobre Gantz. Los extraterrestres son inmigrantes que fueron hacia un planeta parecido a la tierra luego de que su sistema casi desapareciera. Pero en ese planeta los detuvieron, y fueron directo a la tierra, siendo los gigantes la especie mas fuerte. Los seres del otro planeta mandaron la información a la tierra usando a la niña alemana como recipiente para transmitirla. Y sabemos lo que pensábamos hace tiempo. El humano es arrogante, y su vida no es más que la de las hormigas que ha matado cuando era niño.
Además recibimos cameos de Jesús, la madre Teresa, Hitler, Lennon, y Michael Jackson. Buen capítulo.
Feb 17, 10:02 AM

Jan 2020
Why there's alien with 3 dicks ?! "That's how things are"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.