Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2008 10:53 AM

Sep 2007
NoyaChan said:
Somehow.... this show is really boring to me. What a waste of great talents (referring to the voice actors).
:(

Wise words my friend.. wise words

Oct 12, 2008 12:18 PM

Apr 2008
Nice episode. I liked the first one better, but ah well. It's still good enough to make me laugh and the characters are very cute and well voiced. Awww, the eyes *melts*
Oct 12, 2008 12:21 PM

Apr 2007
agreed, loved this ep more than 1st one. Yuuhi was just kawaii, especially that half-awake with hair drier scene, instant win.
Oct 12, 2008 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
tsu-ba-ba-bang!

pretty much stereotypical like what most said, but i can't find the heart to drop this primarily because of kugimiya and hirano. doesn't help much that yuuhi is so cute. still, i do hope they make up a good plot twist for this one, but this looks like a typical harem with the usual da capo twist: the half-sister.

PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE ANOTHER DA CAPO. PLEASE. (it doesn't help that the main guy is another junichi, and aya's character looks like nemu with long hair)

Oct 12, 2008 12:47 PM

Oct 2007
The arm lock scene was freaking hilarious!

'It's missing something, but I look forward to it's future. 75 points!'

That really cracked me up

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 12, 2008 2:08 PM

Jul 2008
corroded said:
tsu-ba-ba-bang!

pretty much stereotypical like what most said, but i can't find the heart to drop this primarily because of kugimiya and hirano. doesn't help much that yuuhi is so cute. still, i do hope they make up a good plot twist for this one, but this looks like a typical harem with the usual da capo twist: the half-sister.

PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE ANOTHER DA CAPO. PLEASE. (it doesn't help that the main guy is another junichi, and aya's character looks like nemu with long hair)

I did not see DA CAPO but please DO TELL why you think it may be so.....
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 12, 2008 2:36 PM

May 2007
So MOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~ I've always thought that Hirano Aya will never cease to be my fav. seiyuu, but pulling off that half-asleep sequence, Kugimiya Rie might not be far from pulling claiming the throne. Still, nothing beats an "Oniisan!" from Hirano Aya.

On to the actual episode. I find this episode way funnier than the first, and that Geno Killer (what was his name again?) is just a perfect main char. Their mom&dad are crazy (somehow felt like Ninomiya-kun). I hope they really are siblings because I don't want a "I don't care if we're siblings or not - I love you Oniisan" kind of thing.

Yeah, I have a thing for tsunderes.
Oct 12, 2008 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
i've seen this basic plotline so many times recently x_x

i'll probably stick with it for the seiyuu's alone, an interesting plot twist would be nice though :/
Oct 12, 2008 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
JadeMatrix said:
"Perhaps you're not really siblings?" No. Please no. We do not need to go there. (Not that I'm anti-incest, but it would ruin this story.)

Actually that little "fact" is hinted back at episode 1 :D
Funny episode and the next episode seems very interesting by the way.

mystik said:
man she went from being fixed and liking him to all of a sudden tsundere and hating him fast. I preferred her last episode.

Rie's best with Tsunderes if you think abou it! xD
Oct 12, 2008 11:29 PM

Jun 2007
heh, i liked this episode.
yuuhi was so cute.
we got to learn that the geno killer's parents are some kind of ninomiya-kun's sister. it seems like they do military stuff.... and are still in love....
i found the pink haired girl at the start rather interesting xD.
other than that, a little cliche in some parts, but it was still enjoyable. poor ojousama is being toyed by her father in order to make the family proud of their successor. and it seems like junichi's father is also kind of toying with him.
yuuhi was obviously being so tsuntsun this episode. she is cute
junichi's sister is really cute too
arm lock ftw lol.... he got to indirectly touch her breasts... haahhaa
and it seems like katagiri actually fell in love with him for some time
so.. it wasnt a split personality... but just the other guy advising him...
yuuhi and the sister make such a good pair... i wonder if this anime is going yuri
xD..... breast grab in the dark
75 points!
lol @ the "you may not be brothers"
does that mean flag triggered? :P
"tewa agero... tsubababan.... tsubababann. baaan. baaaan" MOE OVERLOAD.

i think i may keep this one.
Oct 12, 2008 11:54 PM

Jan 2008
Even though the show has some cliche things in it, its still an enjoyable watch in my opinion; can't go wrong with something that works right? And the art is really top notch. I will stick with this til the end for sure, and I really wanna know what is up with those secret agent people.

Siblings or not? i think they are, which would make for an even more interesting love triangle :P
Oct 13, 2008 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
I prefered Aya's performance in this episode.
The show picked up slightly.
Oct 13, 2008 3:09 PM

Aug 2008
Not another clueless tsundere.. I'm kinda disappointed, I expected something better from this show but this was boring. No true romance or hardcore emotions yet, but it lacks comedy as well.

But the good news is that they're probably not siblings! Hooray! Give me my Da Capo! Or at least the BFF girls could get SchoolDays on each other.. Yes, i'm a sick bastard

angel999 said:
corroded said:

Well it would ruin all the fun to spoil it. If you like this show so far, i say put it on hold and watch Da Capo first. Particularly the first season of the original show (DC.SecondSeason sucked and the DC IIs are OK)!

But I might be the only one in this world who liked DC..

Mod Edit: posts merged. Please use the Edit link if you have something to add instead of double posting.
cyruzOct 13, 2008 5:15 PM
Oct 13, 2008 4:43 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was okay. Not as good as the first one. I was really looking forward to this so I hope it picks up soon...I mean honestly, an anime w/ a seiyuu cast like this should be amazing :|
Well, it wasn't so boring that I couldn't watch it, but it was pretty meh for the most part. I voted 3/5 in the poll - the Yuuhi sleepwalking scene saved it from being a 2. That was indeed epic XD the blackout scene was good too.
Shana is love.

Oct 14, 2008 1:30 AM

Oct 2007
kawaiimisato said:
And the art is really top notch.

can't agree when we have Ef and Clannad this season to compare to

in fact that was the only original thing i had to say about this episode since everyone has pretty much said what i planned on commenting on (extremely adorable blow dryer scene). The character designs seriously irked me this episode... like everyone's hair especially the blonde (karen?) but Yuuhi is so not far behind, made me eye.twitch. i seriously want to take an animated razor or better yet a plain old eraser to it all.

i forgot who mentioned hoping to get some more Yuuhi x Junichi development but you shouldn't worry they'll get closer by the school festival ep... just in time to have a misuderstanding and start from square one in the onsen ep :S
Oct 14, 2008 2:33 AM
Sep 2008
Liked this episode, especially when she is talking with the sister about having an impulse to push switches and trying to fix it, all the while playing with the hair dryer....

And i can understand that guy playing around with a half-sleeping person is pretty fun, (i've done that before)
Oct 14, 2008 10:13 AM

Nov 2007
Am i the only one to laugh like an idiot at the button-pushing scenes?
"I'm just prone to pushing buttons"
Oct 14, 2008 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
MaiZorbescu said:
Am i the only one to laugh like an idiot at the button-pushing scenes?
"I'm just prone to pushing buttons"

I FIND ALSO LOL! Reminded me of Lina Inverse from Slayers Revolution in episode 9 when she was pushing buttons cause it was tempting! XD

Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 15, 2008 4:15 PM

Jun 2007
Not bad, a slight improvement. I just want a little more drama, although it looks like things might take off next episode.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Oct 15, 2008 9:02 PM
Oct 2008
Hmm well it was alright i liked it much better then the first at least it tied everything together lol althought seeing the preview for episode 3 it looks like this anime is going to make quite
Oct 19, 2008 10:58 PM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
Loved the scene with Yuuhi only being half awake in the morning. XD

best part, rofl.

funny thing, even tho I prefer hirano over rie, yuuhi >> onee-chan.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 23, 2008 10:37 PM

Dec 2007
It's better than the first epiosde as I really liked it so far. Sleepwalking Yuuhi was too hilarious. This series remind me of Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun for some reason.
Oct 30, 2008 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode, wow Yuuhi really has lived a sheltered life, that hair blower skit was too funny!
Nov 5, 2008 11:48 PM
Jun 2008
aww katagiri/yuuhi is so cutee when shes sleep walkin :3
n lol w/ da parents
thou. i wonder. if dey relli r siblings o-O;;
Nov 27, 2008 10:03 PM

Jun 2008
Minato, <3 she is so cute, and so is Yuuhi's sleep walking.

Are they really siblings? Could this possibly lead to a romance between the "siblings" as well? Dun dun dun, only time will tell. o__o!
Apr 26, 2009 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
Well since the MAL updates for me I wasn't able to comment until now. Well I watched Asura Cryin' ep 2 right after this and I thought that Akane was so much better I did like Asura Cryin' but first ep was better. So far I like Akane but weather or not I continue to like it will depend on when i watch ep 3 next.
Aug 14, 2009 8:59 AM

Jun 2009
lol geno killer and geno curry
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 6, 2010 2:59 AM

Oct 2008
Even though its the same seiyuu, Kataragi's voice really reminds me of Shana from SnS..
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 2, 2010 9:37 AM

Aug 2008
a hairdryer= greatest weapon of all time :)

Mar 31, 2010 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
Not much to say about this but it seems like there might be a brother complex. Or maybe she is not his sister. That should make things more fun. After all she is one of the main characters.
Oct 18, 2011 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
as generic as it feels, i'm still really enjoying it for some reason. alot better ep than the first.
Mar 14, 2012 1:21 AM

Jan 2012
Stupid how she instantly turned into a over-the-top tsundere after there being no previous indications of such a thing whatsoever.
May 13, 2013 4:39 AM

Oct 2012
Wait Minato's reaction.. Junichi and Minato aren't sibling?
Zubababam? Remind me of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou..
Queen Tsundere strikes again XD
"Signature removed"
Jul 15, 2014 5:38 AM

Sep 2013
Yuuhi was portrayed to be meek and well-mannered in the first episode and now she's acting like your typical tsundere bitch. I dont get the sudden personality change.

As expected, Minato and Junichi arent blood related.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 13, 2015 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
Hahaha only lasted for one episode and her tsun mode awaken.
I'd like to know more about their past.
Mar 20, 2015 9:59 PM

Mar 2012
She was so cute when she was sleep walking ♥ ♥ ♥
Sep 1, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2010
I don't know why that many people keep complaining about this show. It's so cute imo. :3
Nov 13, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
angel999 said:
corroded said:
tsu-ba-ba-bang!

For future reference - Da Capo is great. Except last series - Da Capo III (which was done by different studio).

niasiowa said:
I don't know why that many people keep complaining about this show. It's so cute imo. :3

Yeah, same here. And this is exactly the reason why I never take seriously community scores. I found hundreds great series with rating 6-7.
rsc-plNov 13, 2016 12:25 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 24, 2017 5:09 AM

Jul 2016
Junichi and Minato have fucking weird parents. Why?
Nov 19, 2019 7:43 PM

Dec 2014
already hinted that they may not actually be related... I ship them
Aug 29, 2020 7:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's kinda sad for the family, they don't have an easy life especially because of the parents... now I wonder if the sister will fall in love with the brother
Oct 6, 2020 12:52 AM
Dec 2019
Haha girl beating boy funny 😂 humor
Mar 2, 2021 11:26 AM

Aug 2018
Well, at least Nagase's dad confirmed about bride.. As it really could be that Katagiri just maybe was supposed to be bride to another person, and it'd be some heavy stuff.. But ok, dad confirms..
Oh, there is ready curry sold in Japan?.. Interesting that thing like this exists.. ;P Well, makes sense - they have their dishes they eat everyday.. Like rice is more popular, so you'll find there plenty onigiri.. Or bento are popular too.. In my place it's for example pelmeni.. We have them sold already ready as well.. In freezers.. When in other countries you probably won't see pelmeni in shops, I imagine, with only some exceptions maybe..
Well, I'm glad to see enthusiastic Yuuhi.. Don't want her to be down, really, like she was before.. Well, that kiss was insensitive, not in the right place, yeah.. As well as sleeping well is important, really.. Well, hopefully with time problems will be solved..
Well, dude isn't helping the case, really.. Perving all the time.. Well, for him it's also strange situation, really.. To just have a bride all of a sudden.. Still he could be more of a gentleman, really.. Well, whatever, he's young as fuck, I guess..
And well.. Yuuhi is too cute..
Mar 25, 2021 7:12 PM

Aug 2018
Yuuhi really is a super cute girl, I wish she lived with me :/

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 18, 2008

243 by cacagorilla »»
Jul 30, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 5, 2008

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jul 17, 2023 12:07 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 13, 2008

66 by Punkero »»
May 25, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 1, 2008

181 by Abhinandan2002 »»
Dec 28, 2021 9:52 AM

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

76 by Amatniki »»
Mar 28, 2021 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.