Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 10, 2010 6:08 AM

Mar 2010
Poor Satoko..Even though, she is my least favorite, I can't help but feel sorry for her..
Aug 25, 2010 5:13 PM

Jan 2008
Why would Chie try to stop them? It's not as though they were going to do anything in a stupid way.

The Angel Mort scene was awesome.

Back to regular Ooishi.

The disease is like paranoia but to an incredibly extreme extent.

Yay.. Rika finally gets on board again.
memorieswithinAug 25, 2010 5:17 PM
Sep 30, 2010 3:35 PM

Jun 2009
I am 70% sure that this will end wrong, but who knows maybe the 30% will do something.
It's because I mean there are more than 10 ep left, but poor Rika!
Oct 12, 2010 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
I do not like where this is going....

the inclusion of the Sonozaki family vs Keichi and his army is most likely the massacre that is going to happen.

Ugh, the only person that should die right now is the Grandmother and of course the uncle.
Oct 13, 2010 3:17 PM

Dec 2008
akromataof said:
Poor Satoko..Even though, she is my least favorite, I can't help but feel sorry for her..

QFT.

I keep relating to Rika like I do to Conan Edogawa in Detective Conan. They're both young, but wise and full of crucial information that can save lives. Yet they're not taken very seriously.

I keep getting anxious for these episodes to do something. I want to see something fulfilling happen and I feel like it's just more and more buildup to what must be a failed ending because it's so early in the season.

I don't mind the lack of gore/bloodiness either. I can still enjoy Higurashi at this point without that. :D But I still contemplate the whole "Massacre" bit of this arc. Hm.
Nov 13, 2010 10:37 AM

Sep 2010
dammit I AM PISSED over everything
fuck you Teppei, fuck you child support, you're the ones that should burn on a hill
and why the hell doesn't Satako say anything

I think I need to get a punching bag with Teppei's picture glued on.

Oh right, it was a good episode

Nov 22, 2010 3:58 PM

Jul 2009
Am I the only one who likes the first series better than this one? I still like it but it's missing the tension and suspension that came with a lot of the episodes in the first series. Anyway, Keiichi was awesome again in this episode but now Onibaba knows about their plans she's clearly going to interfere >.>
Dec 16, 2010 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
Go Rika i no you can do it! lol omg its so nice of every1 2 help out! AHAHAHAHA it was SO funny how all the guys in the Cafe' were like "KAY KAY KAY!" haha Keichii is relay popular XD hmm i feel really bad for Sataco! i mean her Uncle sucks for threatening to burn down her brothers room! i really hope she admits to her abuse!
Jan 2, 2011 12:03 PM

Sep 2010
Glad Rika finality realised it was her who needed to get off her arse and help Satoko, (especially considering shes the one whos been god-damned living with her up to now.)
,I've been screaming that for the last 2 episodes >_<.

And those reps at the welfare department really are incompetent retards, makes me feel really sorry for Satoko.

Also I think Satoko 'disease' was actually a cover story to some extent, if you remember with the aliens / parasite / thing and the 'virus' sending the victims paranoid and insane?
Anyway I'm still confused as to that part of the story so I'm probably wrong. XD

And to all those down-scoring and hating these episodes for lack of gore or virus, try actually appreciating that we have a -positive- plot for once, since because this is Hirugashi, its likely its not going to last...

Anyway onto the next episode!
Jun 30, 2011 2:43 PM

Oct 2010
great episode, even though i know its gonna end bad (i think)
its nice to see that rika hasn't given up hope!!! go rika :D
Jan 24, 2012 12:57 PM

Oct 2011
We still don't know what the guys in the white vans exactly want and whats up with that illness.
we also don't know who kills off takano and the photographer..
Mar 16, 2012 2:59 AM

Apr 2011
I'm glad to see Rika realizing that she needs to act if she wants this 'miracle' to occur.
Apr 27, 2012 9:48 PM

Jan 2012
This episode was a bit boring and slow but was all focused on the issue. Rika is so adorable and Sakoto kind of makes me mad that she won't admit that she is abused.
Jun 30, 2012 8:28 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, this episode was so absolutely amazing. I'm so happy right now, I'm crying. Go Rika! Get Satoko back!! I love both Keiichi and Rika so much, Rika needs him.
Jul 6, 2012 6:41 PM

May 2012
Again a great episode, this is way better than the first season for sure!
Jul 21, 2012 4:42 PM

May 2012
windy said:
This was easily one of the best episodes so far, I love how they're handling it.
Just because there was no blood does not make it a waste of time or a bad episode. Can't one just enjoy it without wanting everyone to kill each other? :/

Exactly! I'm loving how we're getting to solving things, finally! :D
Jul 29, 2012 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
This Satuko is really the most boring character in this anime
Aug 12, 2012 1:14 PM

Nov 2011
And it continues.

Hopefully Rika can find a way to save Satoko!
Jan 3, 2013 3:34 AM

Dec 2012
Even if this changes Satoko's fate, will this changes Rika's?
Feb 10, 2013 6:00 AM

May 2012
Fuck careful consideration, someone needs to slap this man at the social services
Mar 31, 2013 9:41 AM

Mar 2013
Rika will give up if this doesnt work ? ? But theres one more arc to go ! :(
Aug 19, 2013 12:06 AM

Feb 2011
I don´t really think things will go nicely after this. The uncle might just kill her, beat her into submission, rape her senseless and make her his cock slave. There are just too many variables (though I think breaking her and turning her into his sex toy is the most viable), not getting my hopes up.
Aug 21, 2013 1:28 AM

May 2013
This is getting good.
Oct 4, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
Not sure what to say here. Things could explode anytime now, especially with the Sonozakis being on the "other side".
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Oct 8, 2013 2:40 AM
Feb 2013
I have to admit, I'm getting kinda bored with this arc. I'm enjoying this season and all, I just hope something exciting will happen soon.
Nov 17, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like Keiichi will get himself killed by the white van people if he keeps pushing. The three families and oni-baba don't exactly like Satoko's family...
Dec 17, 2013 7:29 PM

Dec 2012
One cannot neglect the build up; without it how can one have a climax? Meaning, i am expecting something great in the next couple episodes:)
Feb 25, 2014 4:53 AM

Jan 2009
1. ep was slow and nothing new was presented.

2. lets see what rika does.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 21, 2014 4:58 AM

Jun 2011
StonedAnime said:
Fuck careful consideration, someone needs to slap this man at the social services

Yeah. This kind of make me believe that they never wanted to actually take action, I mean, they took one, but they never examine the bruises on Satoko? Even if she said she fell down somewhere, it's just too shady. To be honest, both sides aren't even making any points, one side is pressuring another side with numbers, another side is bullshitting with "we tried" excuse. They should have tried harder. They could also examine Satoko's physical and mental health for more concrete proof, no one seems to do that though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 24, 2014 12:42 PM
Feb 2013
This is a really good episode, no one is dying, no blood, but very little violence (used in a intense way) is still use in a great way. And we aren't at the festival yet.
May 1, 2014 4:05 AM

Jan 2014
But until there's Onibaba even though Satoko will admit it, they will meet a bad end the same.
May 13, 2014 9:22 AM

Apr 2013
I just love the way everyone in this arc is so close to get carried away with their rage, but unlike the previous arcs the others calm them down, so no one's acting rushed and stupid and go killing everyone.

I just wished everything would be finished in this arc with happy end and then rest of the episodes is just happy Slice-of-Life xD
May 20, 2014 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
I cant wait to see how this arc will end. So far, still interesting.
Aug 14, 2014 4:53 PM

Aug 2013
Seriously we all know this problem could be solved if they actually got off their butts and took her out of there. If you knew someone who was getting abused you would get them the hell out of there, but this is anime so logic is thrown out the window.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Oct 29, 2014 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, the more the case advance, the more it complicate itself. Between the suspicious links around the Sonozaki family and the Child Welfare, the uncle shenanigans, the frequent aggressive bahavior of the young ones... They really are powerless.

But now that Rika gain some hope back, she might be able to achieve something. She is the closest one to her after Satoshi, he might convince her to talk.

I just can't help to think that even if they save Satoko, it won't have an impact on whether the photograph dies and Miyo disappear or not...

Rika said something extremely interesting during this episode. It's about Satoko disease. She said that it make her hallucinate what she fear. It really look like what experianced Keichi when he became paranoid, Shion when she became crazy and Rena when she did the hostage taking. It also look a lot like the effect of that ''alien bacteria''.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 6, 2014 10:41 PM

Nov 2013
Loved this episode. It continues to build up to the climax!

Rika now must take action to save her friend from the clutches of fate...

I swear the storyline of this anime is a fucking masterpiece.

I have a feeling that there will be some bloodshed. It wouldn't be Higurashi if there was no gore after all!

Awesome build up episode! 5/5

Jan 24, 2015 5:16 AM

Dec 2013
So Satoko's disease is pretty much like me after weed.
Quite a slow episode.
Mar 23, 2015 11:54 PM
Nov 2014
Decent episode, I expect things to kick off in the next ep.

The creepy granny is back xD.
Apr 5, 2015 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
lmao i cant believe keiichis pep talk about sweets and girls was actually part of the plot xD
May 3, 2015 11:57 PM

Jul 2008
Someone should start abusing the counselors because this is ridiculous.
May 18, 2015 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Did anyone figure out the disease that Satoko has? Remember Rena? Remember Keiichi in the first arc?!

[b]The parasites![/b]

It's the only plausible explanation here. Keiichi felt paranoid and that no one could help him. Same with Rena. Now it's Satoko. Why else would she need a shot everyday? These things feed off of something that triggers the host's deepest emotions, and lil' ol' "nii-nii" is a good 9 mill in Satoko's head. I swear, where the heck is that Satoshi dude anyway?

On a lighter note, Keiichi gave my kind of speech! That was conviction, eloquence! I couldn't have enjoyed it more. Somehow, he knows those previous worlds more than any of the cast, and Rika is beginning to catch on.

"I love you guys! All of your pathetic lives are now in my hands..."
-A good quote by Keiichi

Buuuut...That Sonozaki Yakuza family will, of course, prevent anything good from happening. Typical conspiracy crap mixed with that disease that always manages to mess up something.

I bet in the next few episodes I'll be like, "Oh wow, I guess they meant massacre in a metapho---" and then they start killing each other. I mean, the cast has been very quick to throw "I'mma kill em" out there, so that hatred is dwelling.

Rant over!
May 27, 2015 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
Again, I really do not trust Hannyuu. She says to wait for the right world, it'll eventually come. Yet she continually tries to dissuade Rika from trying, even though this is the most promising world they've had yet :/. I'm not really sure if shes actually the one causing the loop, but shes definitely not helping the situation.

It was a good episode though, seeing Keiichi getting so many people behind their cause was pretty cool. He definitely seems key to helping Rika change everyone's fate.

Of course, I am still expecting it to all go horribly wrong.
Nov 26, 2015 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
For the "Massacre" Chapter there really isn't a lot of it. They seems more practical in finding solutions here. At the very least no one is going psycho yet.
Sep 5, 2016 6:01 PM
Nov 2010
Ryderj said:
Here's something that's been bothering me.

Surely in child protection services in 80s Japan were aware that denial is one of the most basic psychological problems caused by abuse? Hell, I'm sure at least half of all abused children would deny it's existence if asked. Maybe it's a Comicbook-Guy type plot hole (worst episode ever), but it just doesn't make sense that investigation would rest on Satako's statements.

My impression is that this actually *still* is a not-insignificant problem in some areas of Japan, with the local equivalent of CPS *far* more hesitant to take action than, say, here in the US.

Helpful to compare this also (now that we're in 2016) to Erased, which was also set in the '80s and clearly shows the same mentality. Definitely must have been an issue prevalent enough to resonate with the population now.
Sep 6, 2016 6:17 PM

Feb 2008
CorporaCallosa said:
Ryderj said:
Here's something that's been bothering me.

Surely in child protection services in 80s Japan were aware that denial is one of the most basic psychological problems caused by abuse? Hell, I'm sure at least half of all abused children would deny it's existence if asked. Maybe it's a Comicbook-Guy type plot hole (worst episode ever), but it just doesn't make sense that investigation would rest on Satako's statements.

My impression is that this actually *still* is a not-insignificant problem in some areas of Japan, with the local equivalent of CPS *far* more hesitant to take action than, say, here in the US.

Helpful to compare this also (now that we're in 2016) to Erased, which was also set in the '80s and clearly shows the same mentality. Definitely must have been an issue prevalent enough to resonate with the population now.

Holy shit. Never had someone reply to an 8 year old comment of mine before.

Uh yeah! Good point.
Mar 27, 2017 12:50 AM
Nov 2015
It is elevated by its ridiculousness. When Shion brought out the maids hurray hurray hurray
Mar 20, 2020 12:57 AM

Nov 2013
LOOOOL
“Pretty Girl Alliance, Okinomiya Company, ready for battle!”

I’m loving this season, more so than the first one,
I think Rika works really well as the protagonist!

Lots of mysteries that I hope will be answered...
who exactly is committing the murders,
the truth behind Oyashiro’s curse,
the disappearance of Satoshi,
who really is Rika as well as Hanyuu.
Apr 24, 2020 3:56 AM

Feb 2018
Keichi and Rika will solve anything...
May 28, 2020 3:55 AM

May 2018
"K" is actually a really good leader
Jul 16, 2020 10:16 PM

Aug 2018
wow, they collected lots of people to help. I really feel bad for Satoko and I hope they can help rescue her!! I hope she admits to her uncle abusing her in the next episode!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

365 by Playcool »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.