Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 8, 2012 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
It's been so long.. but it was just as good as I remember its prequels.

Next week Index Louise^^..my poor, poor heart!
Jan 8, 2012 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
So far so good. My body is ready for anything this show throws at me, but I do think Saito is now Tiffa's familiar. Seems kinda obvious...
Jan 8, 2012 12:31 PM
Apr 2011
Do/es one have to watch the third season before watching this one?
deactivated10325Jan 8, 2012 12:46 PM
Jan 8, 2012 1:22 PM
Dec 2007
Mildly entertaining episode, as usual with ZnT (well, season 3 wasn't even entertaining, it was bad). Evil Pope seems evil.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 8, 2012 1:36 PM

Nov 2007
Decent start, although the Saitou - Louise quibbles are way past funny.
And it's very hard to believe that Colbert and Tiffa didn't hear/notice a thing about the fight right above their heads :P

endlessabyss said:
I doubt it. Most of us are trying to ban that season from memory anyway :D
But you can read the episode summaries on Wikipedia to be up-to-date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Familiar_of_Zero_episodes
Jan 8, 2012 1:39 PM

Jan 2008
I'm surprised they pulled the Julio = Windalfr out into episode one, despite spoiling it in OP: it's the kind of development you'd expect to happen a few episodes in rather than now.

Overall happy with the 1st episode, I'd like to see a flashback about Julio becoming Windalfr sometime in the future.

For those few novel readers: how faithfully adapted is this episode? What (if any) changes have been made to it?
Jan 8, 2012 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
I'm amazed that it only took 15 minutes before I wanted to smack both Saito and Louise, but I'll let that go because it was resolved so quickly.

I really enjoyed this episode. I hope that it keeps on track with this kind of plot/fanservice ratio instead of devolving back to the horror that was Princesses no Rondo.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Jan 8, 2012 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
sillyriri said:
I'm amazed that it only took 15 minutes before I wanted to smack both Saito and Louise, but I'll let that go because it was resolved so quickly.

I know exactly what you mean, I f**king hate Lousie and her tsundere behaviour and Saito really is the biggest brick head at times....

Still for some reason I find this show to be quite entertaining and keep following it^^
Jan 8, 2012 2:03 PM

Jan 2012
great start and can't wait for the rest!

and why does everyone hate princesses no rondo so much? It wasn't as good as the first two seasons but it was still great.
Jan 8, 2012 2:30 PM

Sep 2009
Saito deserves such Loise's behavior cause he's f***ng womanizer ).

But pure him: OP and ending of ep. 1 clearly hint that he would be familiar both for Loise and Tiffania
Jan 8, 2012 2:58 PM

Jan 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Billzor said:
It's great to see that this show is back and I'm hoping for some proper closure this time around. (God forbid it turns out to be like S3)
I don't think so because the director is not the same one of season 2/3. So let's hope not. I still feel like season 1 here.

It's the same director from Season 1 and that was my favorite season, so I have high hopes for this one.
Jan 8, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
pretty good way to start it's been far to long since ive seen this! got some good laughs in hope they dim down the fanservice a bit within the coming episodes,and next week louise turns into index next week ? lol.
Jan 8, 2012 4:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
For Madoka's sake, they're married! Why does Loise have to get so flustered when somebody catches them kissing?

If you take out the harem silliness, it was a good episode. We've already got some intrigue, a Good Guy who has Bad Guy written all over him, a theft that appears sinister, and a decent sword & sorcery brawl. If only Saito wasn't such an ass and Loise treated him less like a dog. sigh.
Jan 8, 2012 4:29 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
cleo said:

endlessabyss said:

I doubt it. Most of us are trying to ban that season from memory anyway :D

There WAS a story struggling to get past all the stupidity in season three, but I found it painful to get through.

cleo said:

But you can read the episode summaries on Wikipedia to be up-to-date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Familiar_of_Zero_episodes

I agree - try that first. There WERE a few good parts, in particular the last three episodes are worth watching.
Jan 8, 2012 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
and it looks like we're jumping back into it pretty quick - the cast is all there and assembled, and Saito/Louise are still going at their silly arguments even in this first episode. the idea of Mamiko Tiffania getting her own familiar would be kind of cool, too.

loved the early Charlotte cameo though. as a KDEG fan I definitely would not mind more Charlotte screentime.

Jan 8, 2012 5:06 PM

Oct 2009
Tis was interesting. Been a while since I've Zero no Tsukaima'ed barely remember Tiffa LOL.

Saito is also Tiffa's tsukaima, what's gonna happen?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2012 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
I kinda wish they'd come up with some new material.

Instead, they just used the same jealousy theme where they argue, and Louise tells Saito to get out and go become somebody else's familiar, only to make up like, what, 1 hour later?

This same argument/theme has happened like 9000 times already throughout the seriies... it's getting kind of old.
Jan 8, 2012 7:24 PM

Jul 2011
Tabitha was pretty cute there near the beginning of the episode. (But I guess it's really been too long since I watched the previous seasons of Zero no Tsukaima because I'd actually forgotten about her x_x ) And I see Saito is still a pervert as always. xD
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Jan 8, 2012 7:32 PM

Feb 2011
Great to see this back...however, 12 eps does seem a little short...
Jan 8, 2012 7:56 PM

Jun 2011
Its nice to see Zero no Tsukaima back but if i am honest i would rather they would hurry up and translate the rest of the novels since they are alot better, oh well take what you can get i guess.

Oh person saying Tabitha crush on saito is forced, yes it comes across as that in the anime sort of but in the novel they did a better job at it and comes across better. Though this just seems to be JC staff recently with them rushing their last seasons of anime and their anime original crap in previous seasons of anime is messing with the stories, now in the current seasons they are just going to chuck stuff at you from the novels that they never covered. JC staff are really not that great recently and this is a 12 or 13 ep season so im guessing a lame anime orginial ending that will be 100x worse than the novel ending. Also 6 shows this season? Jesus christ cut back and improve your damn animation, they always cheaped out with Zero no Tsukaimas art though, they should of updated it this season but no they did 6 damn shows at once.

One thing i do like is seeing Louise back (Saito as well of course) and i always did love Rie voicing her, got to love that bwah of fwah she did at the end when Tiffa caught her kissing Saito. Then she went into screech mode right at the last line, that can break your ears if the volume is up to high but i like it lol. I love Rie screw the haters for her.

The first part of the OP is really distracting with Tabitha's dragon crapping out glitter i dont like that looks retarded.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jan 8, 2012 7:57 PM

May 2011
i was really hoping Louise would fucking grow up somewhat this season, but she is still a annoying childish bitch

same goes for Taito. Although his perviness is a win.
Jan 8, 2012 9:37 PM

Jul 2009
1st episode in and Saito and Louise are already arguing like a married couple...this is ZnT alright
Jan 8, 2012 9:41 PM

Mar 2010
Gah! After so many years I was hoping for the last season to be at least 24 episodes. Unfortunately, it's a short one, but hopefully, a good one. As for this episode, kind of rushed and I couldn't get the feeling I had watching this so many years ago. I lost my attachments to the characters despite Louise (of course). Oh well, what was with the Index clothing for the preview? Don't tell me were going to have to see her again!?!? (-_-) ''Toaru Majutsu no Index II'' was a tragedy for anime in 2011. Anyway, looking forward to the next!
Jan 8, 2012 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
Damn, only 12 episodes for the final season? Huge chunk of content will never get covered. I'll try to see how this final season will work out though I sense a cop out anime ending.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 8, 2012 10:54 PM

Sep 2010
typical ZnT stuff, great <3. too bad its only gonna be 12 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2012 12:01 AM

Feb 2010
only 12 ep seem a little short well not mutch we can do about it^^
Jan 9, 2012 12:24 AM

Oct 2011
So Saito didn't get the whipping this time, anyway good 1st episode :P
Jan 9, 2012 9:18 AM

May 2008
damn why only 12 episode should be 24 or 26

btw the start of this 4th season was good with quiet alot is happening

The op and ed are ok and the animation ok... since J.C are doing 6 shows this winter lol
Jan 9, 2012 11:03 AM

Feb 2008
So many index-tan's next episode :3
Jan 9, 2012 12:49 PM
Dec 2011
I've always had a soft spot for this series (I'm a sucker for pink hair and magic). The only issue I can see myself having with watching this season is that it have exactly the same feel as the first, second, and third! I mean really, how many times do we have to watch Saito lust over other girls and eventually pick Louise?? Can't the series just recognize them as being together and STILL offer fan service from other characters?
And I wish Saito had a bit more of a personality. It would make it more believable that every other girl wants to get with him.
Jan 9, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
Cratex said:
For Madoka's sake, they're married! Why does Loise have to get so flustered when somebody catches them kissing?

Until death do them part, right? ;-)

Looks like a good start, and hope they finish this series off on a high note. I'm also kind of bummed that the episode count is as low as it is, but one can hope for the best.
Jan 9, 2012 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
I'm really hoping this doesn't epic fail like S3, PLEASE
Jan 9, 2012 5:00 PM

May 2009
I am very interested in the purple hair girl in the opening. :3c
Other wise than that same shit as before. *yawns*
Jan 9, 2012 5:39 PM
Jul 2011
Looking good so far.

Did Louise and Tifa just get even cuter or am I just not used to it after the long pause? :-D

yunisick said:
I mean really, how many times do we have to watch Saito lust over other girls and eventually pick Louise?? Can't the series just recognize them as being together and STILL offer fan service from other characters?

I think the problem is that a lot of fans (including me to a certain extent) really love watching Louise being mad at Saito (it's a tsundere-character's main appeal after all), and Saito getting into ecchi accidents or being briefly distracted by some girl's "features" is an effective way to make her angry without making him look like an asshole. Plus they're saving time by delivering fan service and infuriating Louise in one go.

And changing the formula after three successful seasons would be very risky, so I understand why they won't touch it.
Jan 9, 2012 5:46 PM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Tru3Ph03niX said:
Good ep but i wanna know what happened. Did Saito interrupt Tiffanias Familiar summoning or did he get summoned himself and if he kisses her he becomes hers as well.
I am thinking the summoning was never completed but about to. this would explain why nothing happened yet. I did think something might happen but nothing really came out.

I was afraid something may happen but nothing did. Next episode people need to get their bodies ready to see Louise in miko outfit. Not to mention Saito's raging hormones on her. Looks like more good comedy.

About that.... as Tifa said... She saw him vanish. The fact that he fell into the gate means he left the world. He returned on Tifa's call. Magic can be interrupted... but the spell was clearly completed as the gate was there. Don't you just love magic? :D

How to screw up any storyline: Add Magic. How magic works: It just does. Magic is the way to remove impossibility. It is a living, breathing deus ex machina!
Jan 9, 2012 7:37 PM

Oct 2010
kyled00m said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Tru3Ph03niX said:
Good ep but i wanna know what happened. Did Saito interrupt Tiffanias Familiar summoning or did he get summoned himself and if he kisses her he becomes hers as well.
I am thinking the summoning was never completed but about to. this would explain why nothing happened yet. I did think something might happen but nothing really came out.

I was afraid something may happen but nothing did. Next episode people need to get their bodies ready to see Louise in miko outfit. Not to mention Saito's raging hormones on her. Looks like more good comedy.

About that.... as Tifa said... She saw him vanish. The fact that he fell into the gate means he left the world. He returned on Tifa's call. Magic can be interrupted... but the spell was clearly completed as the gate was there. Don't you just love magic? :D
I still don't get how come that vanish was not shown in Saito leaving the world, I hope they show it in a flashback of his experience in this.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 9, 2012 11:36 PM
Mar 2009
Oh please, please, don't let this season degrade into the mess that was Princess no Rondo...

Boobs close-up in OP, bleh...

The, "Fate of the world," bomb in the first episode? I like where this is going.

But then...that fight. REALLY!? Over something like that?!?

Hmm, plot introduction and new villains. Not bad of a start.
Jan 9, 2012 11:41 PM

Dec 2010
Decent first episode but from what I've read it seems like they have a lot to cover in only 12 episodes so it makes me wonder if they will seriously be able to make it a good last season or make it drop like season 3.
Jan 10, 2012 1:42 AM

Apr 2010
Ugh. This show should have just ended after delicious s2. So far this seems like it will make s3 look good, which leaves me disgruntled to say the least. We'll see how it goes.
Jan 10, 2012 3:33 AM

Oct 2009
Good start of the first season, this is how I know ZnT.

But srly... only 12 episodes for half the novels? D:
Jan 10, 2012 5:12 AM

Jun 2011
Great start to the fourth season, especially that kiss <3
Jan 10, 2012 7:24 AM

Nov 2010
Good to have this anime back <3
Jan 10, 2012 7:32 AM

Jan 2011
So... whats new?
Jan 10, 2012 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
As much as I like the Saito / Louise pairing I hope they don't have to settle every single argument that they have throughout the series with an interrupted kiss.
Jan 10, 2012 11:28 AM

Jan 2011
Awesome ep, but I hope there will be more than 12 episodes though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 10, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2011
I loved the episode!

The beginning was hilarious, although the boob jokes are getting a little old with this series! xD

The plot starts nicely, I think it's very interesting. Im quite intrigued, did Tiffa's summoning get interrupted, OR, dum-dum-dum, is Saito also her familiar! Interesting, interesting indeed.

Im also very disappointed at the 12 episodes. (-__-') It should be 200 episodes for the last season ftw!

I love the fact they actually kissed in the first ep, so they didn't start the relationship from the very bottom again. Although they get interrupted as always and louise ragequits and goes to windows.
Jan 10, 2012 3:29 PM
Jul 2011
This should really be extended into at least 24 eps, don't see they're going to cover half of the LN without leaving out a lot. And I'm getting tired of seeing Louise and Saito have a moment only to be ruined by rage...didn't they get married in s2?
Jan 10, 2012 6:16 PM
Sep 2009
Louise is annoying :s
Click!
Jan 11, 2012 3:46 AM

May 2010
I don't like the idea of saving the world but I think its still nice to have a 4th season.
Jan 11, 2012 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Rushed plot much? I mean they just get invited and "Hey know what there are more Void users and we must all gang up to save the world" W T F
Well anyways I'm glad the gang's back
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 23, 2012

382 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 17, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 17, 2012

71 by Toptenfunnymomen »»
Jan 5, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Mar 9, 2012

120 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 24, 2012

77 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Feb 3, 2012

135 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.