Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2012 4:46 AM
Jan 2010
Sir_Lexa said:

Not a fan of anime nipples -_-'

I bet you'd prefer anime dicks. You seem like the kind of guy who does.
Jan 7, 2012 6:26 AM
Dec 2007
No visible redeeming quality. Spend 3 minutes of my precious time watching this crap, so dropping it now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 7, 2012 6:29 AM

Oct 2010
lindsayzzz said:
Uncensored, makes it feel like I'm watching a hentai. LOL

This.

While i absolutely dont mind it, it just feels weird to see uncensored boobs after all those ray of light censors....

Jan 7, 2012 6:30 AM

Aug 2010
Smallfoot said:
I want that clock.

Second that!

Not so bad for killing time: after Seikon No Qwazer this amount of ecchi is no problem for me. The protagonist is not so bad, at least he's a natural born pervert and have the right wish: HAREM ROUTE! Defetly better than some peole like Ichika, who even doesn't know what a bra is
Jan 7, 2012 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
I actually like this one...its a keeper and hopefully it doesnt get too overridden with boobies, but if thats the case, ehy thats fine too :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2012 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
This is actually a okay start, curious to see what powers Issei has required.

Though what luck he has xD, killed on his first date then working for a super hot devil :L.

Good animation and music, just hope it doesn't become another Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi show
removed-userJan 7, 2012 11:15 AM
Jan 7, 2012 8:18 AM

Mar 2011
Hadena or SubDESU & Katana-Subs

Seems like a great anime, if only a real group would sub it...

Edit# Yay hiryuu's doing it.
RizlimJan 7, 2012 12:18 PM
Jan 7, 2012 8:25 AM

Feb 2009
I think Hikasa Yoko and Itou Shizuka should have switched their roles as Rias and Akeno.
And what, no Yoshino Hiroyuki as one of the stupid male sidekicks? :3
Not a bad start. Let's see how this goes. Seeing 10 volumes in BT still leaves me in disbelief that this is a popular LN.

It's like I'm watching a much more perverted version of Shu >_>
Also, lots of nipples. Really hard to watch this at home.
Jan 7, 2012 9:41 AM

Jan 2010
Is this a typical Harem??? ;,_,;??
,_,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2012 10:23 AM
Aug 2009
started the light novel before watching this but still like like it

dont think its a typical harem because of ise's gole for the future
Jan 7, 2012 10:31 AM

Nov 2009
Feels like Rosario Vampire Season 3 to me =)

Not a bad thing by any means, been waiting for another anime like this for a while so deffo gonna watch this to a finish =D
Jan 7, 2012 10:33 AM
Aug 2009
Riptos said:

Not a bad thing by any means, been waiting for another anime like this for a while so deffo gonna watch this to a finish =D

thiers a season 3
Jan 7, 2012 10:37 AM
Aug 2009
spiritjustin said:
Riptos said:

thiers a season 3
the 2nd season suck
Jan 7, 2012 11:11 AM
Aug 2009
one ep
though i do think some of the things they did in the first ep sucked
Jan 7, 2012 11:16 AM
Jan 2011

Whoa, ho,ho Rias looks like cute version of Momoyo from Majikoi.

OPPAI!
Jan 7, 2012 11:19 AM

Sep 2009
I planned to drop it but I enjoyed first episode(not only because of boobs). Protag is funny: perverted and stupid but bot whining to much
Jan 7, 2012 11:33 AM

Dec 2011
nedstark1990 said:
Smallfoot said:
I want that clock.

Second that!

Not so bad for killing time: after Seikon No Qwazer this amount of ecchi is no problem for me. The protagonist is not so bad, at least he's a natural born pervert and have the right wish: HAREM ROUTE! Defetly better than some peole like Ichika, who even doesn't know what a bra is

Trird your second.
Second yours.
Jan 7, 2012 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Oh god hear we go again. Another one of "those" series. There's always at least one every season. I swear there better be some decent action like the ED says there is or I'm dropping this like the shit that the first episode presented itself to be.
Jan 7, 2012 11:47 AM
Feb 2010
boobs no story out the window you go
Jan 7, 2012 12:32 PM

Mar 2011
Another generic ecchi/harem series and uncensored too?

Im so watching this
Jan 7, 2012 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
I found the clock segments the best parts of this episode. I don't drop shows after one episode (one cannot grasp everything in one 25 minute sitting), though I do not see myself actively waiting week to week to see what happens next. I'll give it another go or two to see if anything comes out of it.

If the story (if one does appear) is good then I can look past the boob flashing every 12 seconds. Until then, this sits very close to the drop off the cliff.
Jan 7, 2012 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
wailofthebanshee said:
Sir_Lexa said:

lol one of these again *yawn*

Oh the logic -_-' I do not like anime nipples on my screen = I want a huge anime cock on my screen. Okay then. Think as you please.

Moving on from the dimwit.

About episode 1: So we got boobs, boobs, nipples, boing, boobs, nipples, pantsu shots and boobs. I had an orgasm. Or maybe not.

But the shocking part is that I didn't actually hate the episode. It was not good but not horrible either. I will give it some episodes more before making a decision about dropping or not.

I enjoyed the BGM too.

Not bad is my conclusion.
Sir_LexaJan 7, 2012 1:22 PM
Jan 7, 2012 1:27 PM

Sep 2010
Raziel1991 said:

Im so watching this

The ecchi/harem shows that add in large amount of blood and gore don't tend to be very generic. I am not saying that a show that combines them all automatically isn't generic, it's just way too early to tell for this show.

Jan 7, 2012 1:53 PM

Mar 2011
Anime_Name said:
Raziel1991 said:

Im so watching this

The ecchi/harem shows that add in large amount of blood and gore don't tend to be very generic. I am not saying that a show that combines them all automatically isn't generic, it's just way too early to tell for this show.

Well yes I supose you are right, I was a bit too harsh there. Its like you said, people should not judge how good, bad or generic a series is simply beacause of the first episode.

Anyway Im not expecting a good story or good fighting scenes but thats alright, if the fanservice is good I will most likely enjoy this show. And yes I know I have low standards.
Jan 7, 2012 1:54 PM

May 2011
Rias' uniform kinda reminds me of Stella Harvenheit's.
Jan 7, 2012 2:01 PM

May 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
wailofthebanshee said:
Sir_Lexa said:

lol one of these again *yawn*

Oh the logic -_-' I do not like anime nipples on my screen = I want a huge anime cock on my screen. Okay then. Think as you please.

Moving on from the dimwit.

About episode 1: So we got boobs, boobs, nipples, boing, boobs, nipples, pantsu shots and boobs. I had an orgasm. Or maybe not.

But the shocking part is that I didn't actually hate the episode. It was not good but not horrible either. I will give it some episodes more before making a decision about dropping or not.

I enjoyed the BGM too.

Not bad is my conclusion.

*Looks at your new avi*
"Tykkäät anime munasta."

[/superb logic]
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 7, 2012 2:13 PM

Dec 2009
Karhu said:
*Looks at your new avi*
"Tykkäät anime munasta."

[/superb logic]

^_^
Jan 7, 2012 2:25 PM
Oct 2009
Uh... yeah, that was... I'm not sure. I'm heavily biased against these kind of settings, so I'll force myself to sit through at least 5 episodes of this before judging it. As someone said, it's not teeerible, but didn't impress me either.
Jan 7, 2012 3:01 PM

Apr 2010
Beautiful girls combined with magic and devils. How interesting!

5/5.
Jan 7, 2012 3:35 PM

Mar 2010
Another one of ''these'' series again, huh. Well at least the don't shove it in our faces like some anime. So far, not bad. But really, all you have to do is change a few lines here and there and you have so much of a better anime it's ridiculous. Whatever. The characters are generic, but thats not new. The story line is a bit cliche, but what do I expect. Nothing new, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 7, 2012 3:54 PM

Dec 2010
Dropped.
Jan 7, 2012 5:00 PM

May 2009
Pervert MC + HAWT Girls = I'm sold ~w~ let's just hope this gets a good enough plot, off to read the novels :D
Jan 7, 2012 5:01 PM
Apr 2011
I actually find this episode not bad at all (and mostly uncensored, too!!! :o) It wasn't overloaded with fan service (for now that is), the characters are likable, the animation and music are good too. As for the story line of the anime I don't expect much, but hey this anime 'might' have one in future episodes. I'll give this anime a few episodes before continuing it.
Jan 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Oct 2010
OMG! Yes, I've been waiting for this! Boobs! Boobs! ...... don't care about the plot or anything, just give me images of breasts! Can't wait for another episode......

..... NOT!.

Seriously now, harem again? *sigh* The plot seems somewhat interesting. Another half-assed perverted male surrounded by females who will show their nakedness 80% of the time is something I'm getting tired of. If this show came out like, 5 years ago, I would probably love it but I'm getting rather tired and resilient of constant boobs.

Gonna stick to see episode 2 but for now... it's on the dropout line.
Jan 7, 2012 5:15 PM

Sep 2010
Gonna stick to see episode 2 but for now... it's on the dropout line.

There's no reason to wait this show isn't going to suddenly have the MC turn into Chuck Norris, have the female characters hide their breasts, or do anything that's going to be out of line with the light novel.

Jan 7, 2012 5:41 PM

May 2011
WTH, this went from School Days to reverse Vampire Knight...LoL.

This is how a Harem should be done.

Didn't expect much from this. At least I know that I'm going to watch it now.
Jan 7, 2012 6:24 PM

May 2011
Oh, wow. Uncensored, huh. Didn't expect that. At least it was done right, as in, not forced, overly excessive, or bad quality (take that any way ya want).

This is pretty interesting, a lot better than I thought it'd be. And as for the beginning:

Hahahahaha nice boat. xD
Jan 7, 2012 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
bonifide said:
I love the fan service but what i like most is he is on the evil side.

Devils and demons have a different mythology surrounding them in Japanese culture, or sometimes it's simply a term lost in translation. If you think of them as simply coming from another plane of existence it's often easier than ascribing "good" or "evil" to them. On the other hand anime often incorporates elements of Christian mythology with a particularly Japanese twist--so you never can tell. My guess is the fallen angels are the bad guys (or at least are the other supernatural side). Note that fallen angels are considered the source of demons and devils in some Christian mythology (Paradise Lost for example)--so we already have some confusion. I expect that after a few episodes we'll have the cosmology mapped out adequately as to what the supernatural underpinnings of this show are.

But I'd watch it anyway for the plot (nipples).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 7, 2012 8:17 PM

May 2008
it was an ok episode another Harem anime oh well will carry on watching anyway!!!
Jan 7, 2012 8:36 PM

Dec 2011
Harem anime done right.
Jan 7, 2012 8:45 PM

Jun 2011
the first ep was nice , i just hope they wont over do it .
nipples comeing through clothing all the time and stuff :'
Jan 7, 2012 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
Didn't expect it to be uncensored, good overall.
Jan 7, 2012 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
Fucking disgusting Protagonist Seiyuu!
Jan 7, 2012 10:57 PM

Nov 2010
Ugh... I hope I can keep up with this... I could barely watch Freezing, and THIS far surpasses in sexual innuendos -_-;
Jan 7, 2012 11:49 PM

Nov 2008
I must admit... the female bodies are pretty well drawn...

Should I continue or not continue, that is the question... DX

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 8, 2012 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
good thing this is mostly uncensored from the start.. otherwise, i wouldn't have been adding this rather typical ecchi harem action anime to my to watch for this season..
Jan 8, 2012 2:17 AM

Jul 2009
Lots of Boobies, well you gotta admit this season won't be completed without one uncensored anime..
Jan 8, 2012 2:31 AM

Dec 2010
Matheine said:
Is this a typical Harem??? ;,_,;??
,_,

Yes. Pitiably generic.
Jan 8, 2012 5:11 AM
Oct 2011
Boobies.
Uncensored Boobies.
Nuff said.
=D
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

128 by Ssinon1 »»
Jun 1, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Would an "ecchiless" adaptation of DxD work?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 20

38 by Brandis_king »»
May 24, 10:08 AM

» High School DxD anime missed out one important detail

JustSomeone15 - May 21

11 by Brandis_king »»
May 24, 9:52 AM

» If Netflix announced they are doing a western live action adaptation of highschool dxd what will be your reaction to it?

Waifuexpert69 - May 6

39 by Zedlin »»
May 12, 6:57 PM

» Will they adapt the sequel LN (Shin High School DxD)?

JustSomeone15 - May 3

6 by Gantz-613 »»
May 6, 2:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.