Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 4, 2011 6:53 AM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
JustALEX said:
BUT....this episode wins for one VERY Good reason:

Also, it's official KOBATO = SORA
Don't want! Do not want. Kobato is mine so Kodaka can go ******** insert random rage.

Bad move for this franchise. It's probably comedy more than anything. OMG why the fuck they had to put the incest crap in this of all other shits.

The red lingerie with the garter belt was kind of disturbing too.

Kobato seems like a mashup of Sora and Kuroneko. A longwinded cosplaying vampire with an obsessive brother fixation.
CirrisNov 4, 2011 7:00 AM
Nov 4, 2011 7:02 AM

Oct 2010
Cirris said:
Yumekichi11 said:
JustALEX said:

Don't want! Do not want. Kobato is mine so Kodaka can go ******** insert random rage.

Bad move for this franchise. It's probably comedy more than anything. OMG why the fuck they had to put the incest crap in this of all other shits.
LeFake said:
JustALEX said:
Can't tell if you're just kidding or not but I concur with this post.

Let's see...

-Brother Complex?
Check

-Jealousy involving some food?
Check

-Toy Bunny?

The red lingerie with the garter belt was kind of disturbing too.

Kobato seems like a mash-up of Sora and Kuroneko. A long-winded cosplaying vampire with an obsessive brother fixation.

Yeah the outfit was a little ifffy but that is just to show Kobato does like constrictive clothing while she sleeps.

I noticed she does sound a little like Kuroneko and in fact:
http://myanimelist.net/people/185/Kana_Hanazawa
It's the same Seiyuu so no surprise there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 4, 2011 7:20 AM
Dec 2007
This was actually pretty good, the characters' relationship is getting better and better.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 4, 2011 8:07 AM

May 2010
Oh great now Index/Maria can use magic to bad she never did
MyAmyNov 4, 2011 8:16 AM
Nov 4, 2011 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
Very cute episode for Kobato, I like Kobato's development towards her brother. And so is happening for other people.

There was, again, very nice references/parodies. :)

The virtual RPG setting again kind of made me not give this episode a full mark. They just recently had one not so long ago. Good to know there's gonna be a change of pace to Karaoke next ep.
skyjlvNov 4, 2011 8:14 AM
Randomly looking for high compatibility with other people. Click and see if you have high compatibility and leave a comment in my profile.
It'll make my day. :)
Nov 4, 2011 8:16 AM

May 2011
I hate them all.

This show is masochism.
Nov 4, 2011 8:23 AM

Feb 2009
Would have liked it if they did it like in the manga/LN with Kodaka spamming 'Believe in Tomorrow' then unlocking a new technique with a grand description and dramatic effect which makes you think they won but utterly failed in the end. Oh well.

And that Yozora squeal was so eargasmic. I'm gonna listen to it again.
Meat is also looking juicy in various shots.
Great episode.
Nov 4, 2011 9:35 AM

Mar 2008
This anime is awesome but I keep getting disappointed about how inferior it is from the manga and VN.

I mean, they skipped the part about Maria talking about having sex with Kodaka and just added it to the preview instead. Also Kodaka had other funny skills that he aqcuired which they forgot to mention which were:

"Don't listen to the story about how your classmate had a baby"
"I think I'll really give it my all tomorrow, maybe"
"Hey old woman, I'm going to the pachinko parlor so gimmie some money"
"Your life is over because of your debt in the black market"

and in the end he kept spamming "believe in tomorrow" and acquired "god hand" cuz he kept believing :P
but anyways this show is awesome either way and LOL about kodaka sympathizing with the warasubo cuz they're misjudged because of how they look.
Nov 4, 2011 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
@LeFake Great points!

But I have some MORE evidence:

• They both have a GOTH LOLI type of appearence
  • They both live without parents and the brother acts as the parental figure
  • They're both Anti-social
  • They're both SPOILED like crazy
  • They both have rivals which they believe is stealing their brother away

In conclusion I LOVE Kobato and Sora, the second I saw Kobato walk into Kodaka's room I immediately thought of Yosuga no Sora and how similar both girls are.
  • Nov 4, 2011 9:53 AM

Apr 2011
    Was not amused by making the main hero utterly useless. I wanted to smack the creator, whose Baka Test tendencies are coming out. And WTF for trying to defend the Murlocs? I guess I can see how he's projecting his own problem with his image onto them, but it's a frikkin RPG man :/

Was amused by the loli nun, but annoyed they cosplayed her as Index. It was kinda hot, but god I hate Index. >:/ Main character's little sister is still hot as balls, too. Especially in her nightgown with the garter on one leg. Total freakin' loli-bait ^_^ I really want doujinshi of these two. Or Sena/Kobato, she was totally lezzing out over her this ep. For that matter, the nun and Kobato would be fine as well. ANOTHER pair of love rivals, this time two loli bro-cons? This show isn't exactly subtle ...

I dunno, this is really a pretty crappy show. If Sena wasn't so damn hot with those underboobs I probably would've skipped the episode. I love the character designs and fanservice but almost every jokes falling flat for me. It keeps hovering on the edge of 'drop this shit'. Yozora's still a evil, manipulative pain in the ass, too. She really should die, and I don't mean in the game.

Next episode, kareoke ... fun. I dunno why I'm so underwhelmed by every episode's premise, I realize this is slice of life, but nothing actually happens!

I'll go with 4/5, because it did keep me entertained other than a few 'smack the mangaka in the head' moments.
    Nov 4, 2011 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
    Great episode once again! They got back to the gaming and Yozora and Sena end up screwing each other over like they should. ^^

Many funny references like Maria's game outfit that looks like Index but the yellow is pink and the Oreimo one about Kobato being too cute to be Kodaka's sister. The catfight between Maria and Kobato that followed was also pretty amusing. =P

And the preview part was hilarious! Then it's se-- *bam*. xD

Nov 4, 2011 10:49 AM
    Aug 2011
    Full-3D RPG hit Romancing Saga XIV's beta version.

Fight between Maria and Kobato... Kyaaaaa!
    Nov 4, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2010
    belatkuro said:
    Would have liked it if they did it like in the manga/LN with Kodaka spamming 'Believe in Tomorrow' then unlocking a new technique with a grand description and dramatic effect which makes you think they won but utterly failed in the end. Oh well.
    That took that out buddy? %$%#% Can I have the reference to that part. I would love to read it then.

So what took time exactly that I should know that was not in the manga?
    Scratch that I did some R&D and here it is (mostly for non manga readers):
    The sex joke in the spoiler
    was obviously no for TV of course not. Loli saying I want to have sex, right politically correct stuff. Well I personally reading it did not really see it as a a joke until Rika comes in. Then it was funny. Yeah I am also with Maria on sex being scary but only due to STDs. AIDS in particular.

The other part is the end of the episode in the spoiler
    they cut down the sticking to her brother by laying around in bed as a pic points out on first page.

So what does it all mean? Show is toned down on certain aspects while making way for others in Sena/Rika ecchi. IMO that is bad. Some of the joke of this part in the manga were really good. TBH bad mistake to change the beginning a little like that. I found it much better in the manga but that is only because I got some time to spare. In fact a lot of shit was replaced with the RPG which I am not sure it was in the manga. Regardless show looks toned down towards Maria/Kobato while Sena/Rika/Yozora have it more full blown than the manga.

In so I ask what do the people think about it other than "It sucks" thing? Will it be changed in the BDs by chance?
    Yumekichi11Nov 4, 2011 11:37 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
    Nov 4, 2011 11:13 AM

Sep 2007
    Great. Bratty brocon lolis.
    Nov 4, 2011 11:40 AM
    Jul 2018
    Maria and Kobato are fail healers lol, I love them but I would not want them in a raid with me xD.
    Nov 4, 2011 12:34 PM

Jul 2010
    HawthorneKitty said:
    Kodaka no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Banban_Dosa said:
    Has nobody else noticed Sena saying:
    "Anta no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai?"

You guys were on to something. I noticed some familiar names on the TV screen Sena was watching with the credits rolling. I didn't notice at first because I was watching a web stream and the text on the TV screen was blurry.

Elite60Nov 4, 2011 12:37 PM
    Nov 4, 2011 1:03 PM
    Jan 2011
    Why is Index here?
    Nov 4, 2011 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
    PeKan said:
    I hate them all.

This show is masochism.

Then get the "fuck" out. The characters make this anime, there is nothing more then character interaction. And yeah, Yozora is a Sadist, so you are a scrub at using words :p

This episode was so cute! And may I say, INCEST!!!!!!

Plus that next episode is already Karaoke? It's deginitely half season, will they get to vol.4 I Wonder.
    "Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
    Nov 4, 2011 2:25 PM

Dec 2010
    Great episode, very entertaining from beginning to end

Kobato jealousy was good, the little fight with Marie was great as well

I highly doubt they would in the first place but hopefully this scene is just a clingy sister thing and nothing else, if so it was a nice scene which matched her mood from the rest of the episode. It seems like karaoke in the next episode; i look forward to it.
    Nov 4, 2011 2:28 PM

Aug 2010
    I am loving this series.
    Nov 4, 2011 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
    Hell yeah! I want such a game xD
    Then I already know that I WONT CHOOSE the wizard of course xD
    Poor guy xD
    Nov 4, 2011 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
    Kinda bummed The saga game part was great in the Manga it felt kinda rushed here,like all the useless spells Kodak learned and trying his best to use * Believe in Tomorrow% to beat the demon king lol
    but i didn't think they would be going pass the manga so fast makes me kinda wanna Read the Light Novels now.
    Nov 4, 2011 5:20 PM
    Aug 2011
    hahaha... Maria is almost like Index there. Hilarious.

By the way... Didn't Rika's outfit look a bit like that of Yuna in Final Fantasy X-2?
    Nov 4, 2011 5:44 PM

Feb 2010
    Rika = Yoko maybe?

Nov 4, 2011 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
    Lol Maria as Index. Sena was hot this episode. I love Kobato x Maria

Side note why is Kodaka always the bad guy/the loser
    Nov 4, 2011 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
    belatkuro said:

Thats the message I got....that the power of friendship came to save him at the end...just to get put on her ass hilariously...

So it seems it comes down to the ones who aren't enjoying this as much are the ones who've read the source material....oh well, sucks for you :p
    Nov 4, 2011 8:38 PM

Jul 2009
    Hmm...for some reason the game play almost reminded me of Chobits....hmm....but also two imoutos ftw but this episode was good....
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Nov 4, 2011 8:38 PM

May 2010
    Kobato >> Index
    Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
    Nov 4, 2011 9:25 PM
    Jun 2008
    yea aka we have expy of kobato & index in it

Kobato shares the same name as an angelic healer of hearts, and is pretty much Kuroneko (also comes with a loli body, tone of voice, and elegant high-class lady attitude) with blond hair, Mismatched Eyes and twintails. As a bonus, all three share the same voice actress.

* Maria sounds and looks like a purple-haired Index on a dark blue habit, complete with sharing the same voice actress.

look at va you expy.

indeed got wonder what next seeing mic ep oh boy.
    LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
    MR.GS
    JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
    THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
    you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
    Nov 4, 2011 10:14 PM

Aug 2011
    Hahaha, funny Index refrence maybe??

Kobato is too cute with Maria!! Probably one of the funny parts for me is when kobato plays Marias character and gets obliterated by the demon king!

And I just noticed this now but.. Super harem?? There's like 6 girls !
    Nov 5, 2011 1:13 AM
    Sep 2011
    I lol'd Kenji Ito write Romansing Saga music.
    Nov 5, 2011 3:28 AM

Aug 2011
    belatkuro said:

This.
    Nov 5, 2011 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
    That awfully looks like Nadeko in the preview...
    Nov 5, 2011 6:21 AM

Mar 2008
    Kobato is too funny!
    Nov 5, 2011 7:14 AM

Mar 2011
    Dat Blacksmith!
    Nov 5, 2011 9:46 AM

Dec 2009
    Mmm, didn't like the episode, only enjoyed because of Maria.
    They're only going to focus on games now?
    Boring.
    Nov 5, 2011 11:28 AM
    Jun 2011
    Loli episode eh?

loved the game! I wish I had that kind of gaming console...

Imagine playing GTA with that FTW!!
    Nov 5, 2011 12:57 PM

Oct 2011
    Episode was pretty good. I keep on forgetting that Maid guy's in the club, lol.

Love the costumes, never expected that! XD
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Nov 5, 2011 2:13 PM

Sep 2010
    The order is slightly different from the manga. Also the arc about the story writing is not present.
    The next episode which will feature the karaoke, that means that the anime has caught up with the manga from that point on and only new content will be coming in for the only English speakers here.
    Nov 5, 2011 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
    Lolis war!! #LikeIt :D
    Nov 5, 2011 5:10 PM

Aug 2010
    Gahhh, have to wait another week. :(
    Nov 5, 2011 5:13 PM

Jun 2009
    What the fuck is Kobato doing joining the club already? I was looking forward to seeing Kodaka's face getting pwn'd by boss just after getting a skill working. ;___; Other that that, it was nicely done i guess. But where's Romance of Three Kingdoms mango stuff, it was quite funny.

Ovindel said:
    next episode which will feature the karaoke, that means that the anime has caught up with the manga from that point on and only new content will be coming in for the only English speakers here.
    No new content for english speaker until they finish adapting volume 3 of light novel, actually.
    レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
    Nov 5, 2011 5:56 PM

Nov 2007
    Sena was hot again.

they animated the game chapter already? well seemed they combined it with the other one. lol @ him being the Wizard. they left out his "attempted Wizard move" at the end?

awww
    Nov 5, 2011 6:43 PM

Sep 2010
    That's not how the battle was supposed to end. :(
    Kodaka was supposed to gain the ability that let him win after reciting it 10 times. Would've been much funnier.
    Nov 5, 2011 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
    OrochiPL said:
    What the fuck is Kobato doing joining the club already? I was looking forward to seeing Kodaka's face getting pwn'd by boss just after getting a skill working. ;___; Other that that, it was nicely done i guess. But where's Romance of Three Kingdoms mango stuff, it was quite funny.

Ovindel said:
    next episode which will feature the karaoke, that means that the anime has caught up with the manga from that point on and only new content will be coming in for the only English speakers here.
    No new content for english speaker until they finish adapting volume 3 of light novel, actually.

Romance of the 3 kingdoms? I clearly remembered they mentioned it to be the Heian period. Which...... By logic should imply the young men are Japanese? Where the Romance of Three Kingsom sets in China.
    "Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
    Nov 6, 2011 1:54 AM
    Dec 2008
    LOL so many references
    esp when sena said
    "omae no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai"
    lmao
    Nov 6, 2011 3:20 AM

May 2008
    love this show! so funny lol
    Nov 6, 2011 5:13 PM

Aug 2007
    I liked it alot better than last episode. Pretty good overall. I like when they go into the game universes. Like with the fake monster hunter episode.
    Nov 6, 2011 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
    "An-chan is my An-chan..."

I ship Kodaka x Sena, but... this is too much for me... XD
    Nov 6, 2011 9:04 PM

Jun 2011
    Yozora x Kodaka

or

Kobata x Maria..... I'm a pervert. Leave me alone
    tfw no gf
    tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
    tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
    tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
    Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2011

337 by Archean-Return »»
    Apr 15, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
    Apr 15, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2011

181 by Archean-Return »»
    Apr 15, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

241 by Archean-Return »»
    Apr 15, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

180 by Archean-Return »»
    Apr 15, 9:18 AM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.