Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 31, 2021 6:41 PM

Aug 2018
That guy is waiting to fight Ippo at the all Japan tournament, but Ippo might not participate in it....

Aug 8, 2021 12:25 AM
Nov 2017
I don't think Mashiba ever wanted to see anyone pity him... that's why the hardass demeanor and the rude personality...he's human...flaws and all. Great match ! Hope ippo recovers and participates in All Japan Tournament.
Sep 10, 2021 11:11 AM
Sep 2021
This anime is really good at making you feel for both fighters and not just the main character, and they did it again for Mashiba none the less. This whole fight was killing me because it could have went in any direction and that's what I love about this show.
Sep 25, 2021 3:07 AM

Jun 2020
Fantastic fight and a fantastic end to the fight. Also "Stand Proud" is such a good ost.
Mar 26, 2022 2:45 AM

Dec 2015
That was an intense fight. I was rooting for Mashiba though. The nice guy Ippo is starting to get on my nerves. I would have found it more interesting to follow a bit more a bad guy with some issues...
Aug 28, 2022 1:44 PM
Jul 2021
Fucking amazing fight, boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Jan 6, 2023 8:45 PM

Apr 2022
best fight so far imo, had tension till the last second. i really thought mashiba was gonna get up during the count.
Mar 31, 2023 1:53 PM

Apr 2021
Why does Kumi think her brother is doing this for her ;d if he cared about how she feels, he wouldn't be into boxing, he would have tried and keep a job, lmao. He's boxing, because he wants to box, and more importantly, because he wants to be on top no matter what. I seriously didn't like his attitude towards Ippo, not when he cussed him to "lay down there forever", nor when he refused to respectfully bump his bloody fist. Toxic pride, much?

Other than that... I am happy Ippo won, of course, but I can't yet get on this ship with Kumi :D She didn't even acknowledge he is on the ring, lmao, and he was like "she was probably shocked". LMAOOO my dude, stop simping XDD

Curious to see how they will get Ippo in the tournament, even though his hand won't be trained for so long and will be just about healed when it starts.
May 17, 2023 8:39 PM

Jan 2023
Hajime no Ippo E28 mini Ribsview

+ Brilliant and exciting conclusion to the Rookie Tournament
+ Mashiba is BEASTLY, what a great character
+ That glimpse to what's coming

It just keeps on giving!

Score 12/10
Jun 13, 2023 5:20 PM

May 2018
Amazing K.O. victory, both players should be proud of what they did
Jul 3, 2023 7:17 PM

Oct 2017
amazing. i cant stop watching now after that fight
Nov 22, 2023 6:02 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Veronin
GODDAMN that was intense, I had no idea who would actually win. The entire fight was just amazing.
@Veronin i know this post was like 2 billion years ago but aint no way u had idea who was gonna win. this show has such predictable writing (except when its bad)
Nov 22, 2023 6:04 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to MikeHunt69
get the fock out of here with your scum onii chan bitch
@MikeHunt69 ewww wtff
Nov 22, 2023 6:04 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Sylvia_Beau019
am i supposed to feel bad for Mashiba?? I DON'T!! That bitch ass is a horrible person and deserved everything comin to him. Sure bitch and complain how you can't make ends meet and get fired from your jobs like,,BITCh,,, no one wants you around if you're unpleasant and rude TF?? Learn some respect and human decency. Take some pointers from your poor sister and be less of an ass. You have no excuse to be down on yourself and throw pity parties when you're as much of a dickhead as you are lmao

ok done ranting

Congrats Ippo ily keep going buddy!! It warms my heart to see Takamura, Aoki and Kimura rooting for him and cheering in the stands uwu You can tell the coach is really proud too lol and his ex-bullies really are his number 1 fans now XD OH HOw the tables have turned XDD I hope Ippo's hand heals up nice and he's able to fight again in the upcoming tournament! It was good to see Ishiro all healed and running! I'm glad he's still able to do what he loves. But that weirdo at the end O.o It seems like Ippo's got a big storm comin!

I can't believe this is where I left off when I put this anime on hold years ago. I just binged all 28 episodes so I could properly enjoy Ippo's growth and victories. I don't regret getting back into this anime and hopefully I can finish it before I decide to put it on hold again. This anime is better than I remembered it to be!
@Sylvia_Beau019 ik this episode had some bad writing compared to earlier episodes
Jan 9, 9:50 PM

Mar 2019
You are the champion, my friend! 🎶
Congratulations Ippo! You are the best!!
🎉
Feb 13, 12:37 AM

Aug 2018
Amazing fight , the beauty of series animation really showed here and the whole conclusion was just so memorable, Mashiba really is the most terrifying opponent Ippo faced so far
Mar 4, 7:45 PM

Jul 2021
An amazing conclusion to an amazing fight between two amazing fighters.

Both Ippo and Mashiba have tremendous fighting spirit. I would like to see more of Mashiba he is a talented fighter. Ippo with his injured fist may need to with drawl from the upcoming match. I hope he heals in time i would love to see him fight again soon.

I hope Mashiba heals well.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 75 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Zerachroma - Jul 19, 2008

152 by DCK914 »»
Jun 6, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jul 17, 2008

91 by DCK914 »»
Jun 3, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 47 Discussion

Zerachroma - Jul 15, 2008

42 by Shadowdoom12000 »»
Jun 1, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 55 Discussion

Zerachroma - Jul 16, 2008

38 by DCK914 »»
May 30, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 53 Discussion

Zerachroma - Jul 16, 2008

47 by DCK914 »»
May 30, 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.