Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2015 5:43 AM
Nov 2014
Great episode, glad Ed didn't went and go sacrifice those criminals just for the sake of creating that stone. Scar was pretty damn badass with his random cameo in this episode.
Feb 4, 2016 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
Scar was really cool.

Not surprised Ed was hesitant.
Mar 7, 2016 7:38 AM
Sep 2015
TheSilverPrince said:
Wow. Some of you people seriously make me sick. You're vile. You're no better than those you condemn. You want to kill someone for killing someone? You do realise that that makes you a murderer, right? We'd better kill you now. And then get someone to kill the person who kills you. And then kill them. Do you also realise that a criminal can be someone who just stole a TV? Are you seriously saying a TV is equivalent value to a person's life?

I can't even.

Good episode. Glad Ed didn't do it.

But is life in prison without a chance for parole any better than dying. Life in prison is still a death sentence, its just the long, slow way.
Jul 13, 2016 5:02 PM
Jun 2016
Pikellaneous said:
TheSilverPrince said:
Wow. Some of you people seriously make me sick. You're vile. You're no better than those you condemn. You want to kill someone for killing someone? You do realise that that makes you a murderer, right? We'd better kill you now. And then get someone to kill the person who kills you. And then kill them. Do you also realise that a criminal can be someone who just stole a TV? Are you seriously saying a TV is equivalent value to a person's life?

I can't even.

Good episode. Glad Ed didn't do it.

But is life in prison without a chance for parole any better than dying. Life in prison is still a death sentence, its just the long, slow way.

I'm against death sentences and life sentences, both of them. I believe that every human has to have the opportunity to change and return to society. If we kill a criminal or imprisionate him/her forever we are just taking the easy path.
Jul 13, 2016 5:04 PM
Jun 2016
By the way, the episode was awesome!
Dec 16, 2016 1:58 PM

Nov 2016
Got to say that the anime was kind of slow and didn't quite see what makes everyone love FMA until the last 4 episodes (excluding episode 7, that one was great). Not to say it was bad. Far, far from it. If the anime keeps at a consistent pace like the last 4 episodes then I may consider giving this a 10.
Feb 7, 2017 3:32 PM

Oct 2014
Hmm I kind of feel sad for those Homunculi, they only want to be human..
May 19, 2017 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
Pixel_Vapour said:
Got to say that the anime was kind of slow and didn't quite see what makes everyone love FMA until the last 4 episodes (excluding episode 7, that one was great). Not to say it was bad. Far, far from it. If the anime keeps at a consistent pace like the last 4 episodes then I may consider giving this a 10.

Yeah the show has really been a thrill these last few episodes.

Seems the Crimson Alchemist has broken free from prison with some new friends and Lust, Gluttony and Envy being able to pass the military with an insider it would seem.
Their only wish is to become human, that kinda changed my feelings towards them.

Cool episode for sure.
Oct 23, 2017 1:40 PM

Jul 2016
Gluttony's disguise was 100% Legit.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Mar 8, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
Damn Gluttony gets on my nerves

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 29, 2019 4:46 PM

Aug 2007
I think painting criminals as all in the same is uncivil at best.
At one point of my life, I might be inclined to believe this as well, but people can change. Will every criminal change? Certainty not. But giving people the chance to properly change is the most grace one could give someone, assuming this is not putting another human in immediate danger.

Jun 20, 2019 12:17 PM

Jul 2016
Very dark episode again, Ed had to make a hard choice here.
Jan 16, 2020 2:39 AM
Nov 2015
Kotori said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahh that was close, he should have gone ahead and sacrifice them, they were criminals after all.

i wonder why system even guarding such person as you from those criminals ...
Jun 2, 2020 7:19 AM
Jan 2018
So when he was about to transmute the circle and stopped it didn't cancel it so which is why when he stepped on the red stuff he went like that
Jun 23, 2020 3:12 PM

May 2020
Great episode! So much happening, glad to see that they picked up the pace.

Damn, Ed came awfully close to the dark side there. Luckily Scar saves the day...maybe he is starting to realize that the brothers are not the type of alchemist he despises so much. Future ally incoming?
Lt. Ross is the hero this episode. Although it's hard to believe that a simple hug would break his frenzy...

Oh, and how can the homunculi just walk straight out with ragtag uniforms on? Is military personnel really that blind? More importantly, does Bradley's assistence praising the homunculi means that she is not who she appears to be? Maybe another homunculi or even the boss him-/herself? Is Bradley being used or is he involved as well? From Hughes reaction to him back at the base, he does not trust Bradley any longer. This is getting interesting!

The biggest thing for me was Envy saying that Ed has HIS blood. So what role does his father play in all of this? Maybe he created the homunculi and is the "father" they were talking about. If so, Ed's blood could be very important to them. That would explain why they try to keep him alive (for now).
Jun 4, 2021 12:00 PM

Jan 2020
Wow. It's not surprising that edward made the decision not to but he closer than I expected lol

Feb 26, 2022 8:49 AM

Jun 2020
Man oh man! This was one hell of a fukin' awesome episode. The atmosphere was intense until the last few moments of the episode.
Sep 25, 2022 12:30 AM

Aug 2022
I am pleasantly surprised at Lt. Ross's character. Such sweet storytelling, taking its time to make us understand how she started caring for the brothers. Probably in the minority when I say I prefer FMA over FMAB pacing(stopped at ep. 11, planning to continue after FMA). Many heartfelt moments fell flat in FMAB, and I was not a fan of the jokes. I feel more connected with the characters' struggles and emotions.

I fully understand the brothers' position about sacrificing humans. Sure, they are grotesque criminals, but it mustn't be easy to take someone's life, especially when they can't defend themselves. Great episode!
Oh, and I fkn hate Gluttony!
๐“˜ ๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ผ.

Oct 19, 2022 1:33 PM

May 2018
Yeah I would've sacrificed those criminals too
Oct 23, 2022 3:03 PM
Aug 2022
2022 rewatch
oooo this was one hell of an episode. i completely forgot that kimblee works with greed in the 03 fma. there's a lot to unpack in this episode. ed almost makes the philosopher stone before scar stopped him. not gonna lie though, the part where he almost "turned into a god" because he came in contact with the red water was pretty weird, especially how he was then snapped out of it because he was hugged? i don't really think any of that was necessary, not gonna lie.
can't wait to see more of greed though!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kawaiimisato - May 25, 2009

68 by Slupgrad »»
May 28, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 17, 2008

69 by Slupgrad »»
May 28, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

enkil - Jul 4, 2009

87 by Slupgrad »»
May 28, 11:22 AM

» Dub or Sub?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 28

21 by cinnaroll_taetae »»
May 7, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 20, 2008

67 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 13, 11:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.