Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2011 7:15 PM

Mar 2010
I was a little bit surprised no one has mentioned about the significant dipping of the visual quality in this show.. -_-;

I wonder which third-party art company Studio Deen is outsourcing for drawing the characters in the show. Sigh.
stevewiess01Jan 31, 2011 9:33 PM

Jan 31, 2011 7:17 PM

Oct 2010
This was a complete emotional train wreck that spiraled depressively until the whale battle but even so the the following completely mind fucked me literally,

^WTF poor Kyoko and I suspected her from last episode. Feel bad. Now the King of Night has my grudge. Someone kill that shit ass scum. Kerberos Wansard and now Kyoko dead is too much. More to come, I am rather a little depressed because of Hellscythe's sadness. Anime, serious fucking business after all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 31, 2011 7:20 PM

Jul 2009
Yuu stole the episode. The moment between her and Ayumu was really well done I felt. Haruna was also very very cute, like in the beginning when she was cooking, but I have to say I love Yuu. Seeing her express emotions makes me excited to see where their relationship and her character is headed.

I WONDER WHETHER AYUMU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A CONTRACT WITH KYUBEY.
Jan 31, 2011 7:26 PM
Apr 2009
a nice emotional scene with yuu and aizawa followed by a flooding city with a giant whale
Jan 31, 2011 7:50 PM
Dec 2010
Filling in Yuu was good.

The whale kept reminding me of Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy... was expecting a flower pot :P
Jan 31, 2011 8:06 PM

Sep 2010
lol the dog was so useless ... i was expecting him to be stronger than that
at least Yuu's story was nice and blood = like

Jan 31, 2011 8:07 PM

Nov 2010
Thillygooth said:
Hahaha when he tries to drink the tea. Fucking brilliant.

Pretty legit for a dude in drag.

And the whale wasn't "random," it shows up because Yuu was crying. Her emotions change reality, and her tears apparently made it so giant laser-shooting, tux-wearing whales can fly through the sky... and explode fairy dust. Makes perfect sense, obviously.
But of course! :P. I'm very interested in what Yuu using magic is gonna be like, but she said she felt like searing pain in her head when she cast magic didn't she? Also i'm rather impressed with the plot in this show! I was expecting a simple comedy/parody like MM or Seto no Hanayome, but this show might just end up having quite a bit of depth to it! LOVE IT!
Jan 31, 2011 8:09 PM

Aug 2010
Haha, flying whale in the sky. This show just doesn't care what you think.
Jan 31, 2011 8:26 PM
May 2010
Argh... melodrama. I was really hoping she'd be some sort of evil character who was pulling the strings of everyone involved, but nooo, I had to sit through that.
Jan 31, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2007
His POWER/cuteness level, IT'S OVER 900!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 31, 2011 9:16 PM

Jun 2010
cr4sian_phil said:
His POWER/cuteness level, IT'S OVER 900!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT!!!.......you beat me to it lol
Jan 31, 2011 9:27 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was a good one, more of Yuu's past nd still some comedey like in teh beginning where they 'soup' was basically like acid. We got to know a little more about the killer. And that twin-tailed girl!! o_O she died too fast, maybe she was 'just a friend or ortio's' . I wanted to know more about her, wished she got more screen time. but it did kinda look like the katana fell out of her hand...
Maybe the 'King of Night' can manipulate people nd get them to kill others, then killing themselves afterwords. idk, its getting more interesting!
Jan 31, 2011 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
i actually didn't realize it was her before coming here, cause her hair seemed a bit longer than i remember.
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Jan 31, 2011 9:58 PM

Nov 2010
...Bleh, sorry, but I didn't like this episode. Worst one for me.

The whole Yuu crying thing wasn't dramatic or sad at all because for me there was a lack of development and character grounding between Ayumu and Yuu. The drama just came too damn soon, it felt like such a scene should have been left at the near end of the anime.

The same with that Doberman guy. He gets introduced... barely talks with Ayumu then dies sacrificing his life for Ayumu. Ayumu's whole "He wasn't such a bad guy" may have had some drama in it if Doberman got any development.

I'm not sure why everyone's praising the battle. Compared the battles from the first two eps it was lackluster. Ayumu kicks the whale. Then they dodge some attacks. Sera cuts the whale and Ayumu then does some kick to finish it off. There really wasn't anything grand or epic about it.

Two good things for me was Sera's hilarious "You're a piece of shit festering in garbage but I trust your strength," and Kyoko's death(?) which made me 0_0.

2/5
Jan 31, 2011 10:36 PM

Jul 2009
So many possible "Meanwhile, in Japan..."
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 31, 2011 10:38 PM

Oct 2010
OK I think there is 2 issues that need to be addressed in this episode. They are about Hellscythe's magical powers/consequences as well as her emotions and Kerberos/Ayumu's situation as well as the fight itself.

About Hellscythe, now at first she was quite cute in the beginning of the episode itself though Ayumu's imagination again. I kind figured the whole armor sealing her magic" thing through her removing it to heal Ayumu. In fact it took me till later to learn directly from Hellscythe that it is indeed as she said. After learning from Kerberos that Hellscythe does indeed take pain from her magic it was natural that Ayumu would not know any of this at all. Since Hellscythe does talk much but it was pretty obvious that her healing looked like it was absorbing the pain while removing it.I think her contract is rather nasty.

Upon learning more, it looks Megalos can affect her magical powers Provided they have strong magical powers themselves. It further explain why she avoids certain situations due to her magical powers reacting to disturbances and uncertainties. That's why she did want Ayumu to entertain her. Even her words, depending on the meaning and emotions she infuses them with have magical reactions, hence why she is mute and also why she stays so. Guess magical vocal commands give her directly pain where is utters them from. This so reminds me of Magical The Gathering game because the color black does exactly pain to you with some spell cards and also the Underworld is dark.

Another interesting thing is that Hellscythe's blood gives immortality. That completely changes things around for the zombie meaning towards " Zombie that will never die." This zombie cannot be killed like in HOTD. He really is immortal. Her powers not obeying her are also another sign that she may lack self confidence but as to why, it's not known yet, however rather shocking that her powers still work after her death. So that means Ayumu will still be alive after Hellscythe dies if ever.

What follows after that got me crying a river. It was emotionally well executed. From the moment Hellscythe's tears were falling to how emotionally she affect Ayumu to how sadly she though Ayumu of all people thinking he would treat her as a monster was great. Tear jerking shit that is good. Good thing Ayumu patted her on the head. That was a nice scene and how emotionally charged was her writing about wanting to be with Ayumu always and forever along with Ayumu's determination to not let anything in his way.

About Kerberos/Ayumu, I think Kerberos was a waste to kill. He could have had major potential in the anime. He based on Cerberus the legendary dog of hades. I kind of do like they simplified him into 1 head. He looks pretty cool. Like he mentions the job he does is exactly that of Cerberus. No Ayumu he came to drag you back to hell. That's his job if you escape hell and are a troublemaker like those are in "The World Only God knows." I did laugh like everyone else at when he drank the tea. Should have used a straw.

Kerberos actually said key things that opened a large plot taking place. The mention of souls not getting in the underworld and sacrificing souls to gain power. Sounds to me like a plot and that is so evil. That means you can't reincarnate and all you stood for in the past is completely gone since you are no more at all in existence. Now the final thing he said was the biggest revealing, that of King of the Night. Then of all things ah fuck he appears and kills them both. Shit! Ayumu is still alive but Kerberos went to reincarnate most likely from how his body went out. Damn that katana is so long, remind of Sephiroth somehow. I will say it rude and plain what a fucking waste of death.
Rest in spoiler
Best episode for me episode in general.

Jan 31, 2011 10:49 PM

Mar 2010
I was actually pleasantly surprised with this episode. Didn't expect the dramatic scene with Yuu and Hellsycthe. Very emotional! (^.^) And the last few seconds were a little odd, because the injured girl on the bed can't be the killer apparently. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 31, 2011 10:59 PM

Nov 2010
''Can I stay with you?"
"Stay with me. Don't go anywhere. Stay by my side.''

This. Beautifully executed. This has got to be, by far, my favorite scene in the whole series, maybe even this season. Ayumu, well played on that response. This scene teared me up a little. I wish I had more to say about this, but it really left me speechless, this scene.

While I admit the whale scene was a bit oveboard, though it was pretty funny that it appears right after Ayumu's crowning moment of awesome speech, it was a good way to balance out the serious/comedy ratio of the episode.

All and all, this series just gets better and better for me, and I hope to see Yuu express her feelings more. "Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?" is up there on my list this season.
Jan 31, 2011 11:15 PM

Jan 2011
quick question, what happens if she drink her own blood o.0?

Yumekichi11 said:

What follows after that got me crying a river. It was emotionally well executed. From the moment Hellscythe's tears were falling to how emotionally she affect Ayumu to how sadly she though Ayumu of all people thinking he would treat her as a monster was great. Tear jerking shit that is good. Good thing Ayumu patted her on the head. That was a nice scene and how emotionally charged was her writing about wanting to be with Ayumu always and forever along with Ayumu's determination to not let anything in his way.

honestly i was hoping for a hug = = or even and outburst from yuu. like for her to say something or grab zombie. although i was kinda hoping she didn't. due to that "my powers my destroy the world as we know it" theory.

she can take the pain of dying
, but doesn't want to take the pain from speaking? dam,, that has to be some really heavy shit there.

come to the question of what IS she? i'm hoping it somehow adapt to her controlling her powers somewhat.

the head of whale falling of was very lol for me. but then his outfit was just .....eehhhh...yeah...no need for me to comment on that. but its was hilarious when the roses started popping out. it was hard to decide to laugh or barf = =.

twin tail death.......
i still wonder if that was actually her. not the most gruesome thing i've seen but have you noticed she's the ending seen for the last episode. probably doesn't mean anything though. i wonder what the murder is thinking though.

people's theory 1
twin tail is the murderer. its possible. she kills herself in order to go to hell(or back to hell). a lot of miscellaneous reasoning on zombie being killed again there so not gonna elaborate on that.
people's theory 2
twin tail isn't the murderer. also possible. its simple as the killer notices zombie ain't dead, reminds him that twin-tail ain't dead. thus finishing the job.

both above are assuming the last scene was twin-tail(yes i still doubt it) however theory 1 seem very very unlikely and i poorly explained it as well. my bad

my lols:
whale decapitation
1000% cuteness
hole through pot-table-floor-and so on
dog drinking tea
dog saving an immortal(and failing)
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Jan 31, 2011 11:16 PM

May 2010
Okay that maso shoujo maybe funny but it's disturbing to see a guy in a pink girl costume(and wearing a f***ing stripe underwear). I feel like throwing up every time i think about,it's good thing sera and eu was there to heal me !!
Jan 31, 2011 11:54 PM

Feb 2010
YEX said:
Okay that maso shoujo maybe funny but it's disturbing to see a guy in a pink girl costume(and wearing a f***ing stripe underwear). I feel like throwing up every time i think about,it's good thing sera and eu was there to heal me !!

Trap card activated.
Feb 1, 2011 12:42 AM
Jan 2011
This episode was decent. Plot development is always a plus. That aside though, there were a few things mentioned that perplexed me. As stated by Yumekichi11, "The mention of souls not getting in the underworld and sacrificing souls to gain power. Sounds to me like a plot and that is so evil."

This in itself raises quite a few questions. If the souls do not get sent to the underworld and instead, are used for some sort of power gain, why was Ayumu an exception? He clearly made it to the underworld but was revived by Yuu. How is that so? Shouldn't his soul have been used as a sacrifice for said power gain?

Perhaps there is more to be explained, or the writers simply messed up somewhere, but my hopes lie in the former.
Feb 1, 2011 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
solid all round ep.
Feb 1, 2011 12:51 AM

Oct 2010
Snowical said:
''The string of fate wiggles along. A strong magical presence will cause it to wiggle more violently. Disturbances and uncertainties cause my magic to lose control. It affects the string of fate and changes reality.
That is why I must not express emotions.

I cannot speak because my words carry magic. I must never speak.
My words are too heavy. Even I do not know which of my words will become magic. That is why I cannot say even a single word.

Intense pain runs through my head when my words become magic.
I do not want that any more.''

Now I've got a clearer view of her back story.

''Can I stay with you?
Stay with me. Don't go anywhere. Stay by my side.''

So. Freaking. Cute. Yuu. :*

Yea it made me sad.
Feb 1, 2011 12:53 AM

Aug 2009
if this is following the light novel or manga exactly instead of going for an original anime ending then
SoFarGoneFeb 1, 2011 1:00 AM
Feb 1, 2011 12:59 AM

Oct 2010
Shikijo said:
This episode was decent. Plot development is always a plus. That aside though, there were a few things mentioned that perplexed me. As stated by Yumekichi11, "The mention of souls not getting in the underworld and sacrificing souls to gain power. Sounds to me like a plot and that is so evil."

This in itself raises quite a few questions. If the souls do not get sent to the underworld and instead, are used for some sort of power gain, why was Ayumu an exception? He clearly made it to the underworld but was revived by Yuu. How is that so? Shouldn't his soul have been used as a sacrifice for said power gain?
I think it has to do with the influence Hellscythe has over hell. Notice how respectful Kerberos was to Hellscythe, almost right away stopping anything to drag back Ayumu with him and those dogs are loyal in their job. He would not give 2 shits if it was someone else. It would be most likely time to go to hell with your servant or you have no more one.
Yumekichi11 said:

hellsascendant said:
honestly i was hoping for a hug = = or even and outburst from yuu. like for her to say something or grab zombie. although i was kinda hoping she didn't. due to that "my powers my destroy the world as we know it" theory.
That's because he considers her as a younger sister that he would anything to protect and be with. That he would never consider her anything else but nice because of his imagination. Ayumu may be a incest person that has fantasies but make no mistake he is kind and protective of not only Hellscythe but Haruna too. I am sure that Sera will be protected also if need to be.
hellsascendant said:
she can take the pain of dying
, but doesn't want to take the pain from speaking? dam,, that has to be some really heavy shit there.
It must have been extremely painful but it explains why she slapped Haruna, to Hellscythe it was a laugh in your face after you did all this shit only to be mocked at.

Feb 1, 2011 1:35 AM

Oct 2008
Yay! Ayumu Masou-Shoujo! I missed him liked that xD

Nice roses ;D
Feb 1, 2011 2:02 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

I think it has to do with the influence Hellscythe has over hell. Notice how respectful Kerberos was to Hellscythe, almost right away stopping anything to drag back Ayumu with him and those dogs are loyal in their job. He would not give 2 shits if it was someone else. It would be most likely time to go to hell with your servant or you have no more one.

Still, shouldn't his soul have disappeared before it could make it to the underworld? o.0
Feb 1, 2011 2:16 AM

Oct 2010
Shikijo said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Still, shouldn't his soul have disappeared before it could make it to the underworld? o.0
Not if Hellscythe was there in time. I think it could have been easy to use her magic at such a dangerous moment. The King of the Night most likely escaped. According to Kerberos he might have been to the underworld with perhaps Hellscythe. Who knows how crazy of a ritual she needed to do to be done only in the underworld since she herself considers him special, so says Kerberos.

Feb 1, 2011 2:52 AM

Jan 2011
*calls the main character*
"You're a #@$!$$%#%!@ , but i believe your strength."
Laughters.
Feb 1, 2011 4:54 AM

May 2008
wait what he is a zombie shouldnt he only feel pain and not faint when he got stabbed but then again i guess he cant move, the person that stabbed him looks like a girl though hmmmmm and of course Yuu kawaii!!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 1, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2010
Oh rly? The Masou Shoujo actually performed a proper kick this time? Of all the times it would just be a "kick" by name only then end up with the chainsaw.
Feb 1, 2011 5:52 AM

Sep 2010
Amazing ep! Glad to see more of Eu's story... LOL at Ayumu's 1000%! Kawaii!!!!! haha!
Feb 1, 2011 6:39 AM

Jan 2010
This show isn't particularly good but it has its moments. In general, I find that creators use flashbacks and backstory to compensate for poor storytelling skills. But the flashback to Eu's note where she wrote, "Don't do it again." was well done.

Eu needs to learn how to work with her unique situation so that her words and emotions can flow freely without wreaking havoc. She needs to learn to surf.
MockmanFeb 1, 2011 6:44 AM
Feb 1, 2011 7:12 AM

Jul 2008
greenmush said:
wait what he is a zombie shouldnt he only feel pain and not faint when he got stabbed but then again i guess he cant move, the person that stabbed him looks like a girl though hmmmmm and of course Yuu kawaii!!

Most probably a power of the sword, him losing consciousness.
Feb 1, 2011 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
entropy13 said:
greenmush said:

Most probably a power of the sword, him losing consciousness.
he stated twice while being stabbed by the sword(first and fourth episode) that he couldn't move while being stabbed, and that it was weakening him in the second stab time

Feb 1, 2011 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
ShotaOnion said:
...and then, a giant whale

Ahaha! That's why I love this anime. XD

Feb 1, 2011 8:46 AM

Nov 2008
Much power much cuter xD

And a real kick.
Feb 1, 2011 8:47 AM

Oct 2010
LOL
love how random this series is, loving the random ed as well ^.^
Feb 1, 2011 9:29 AM

Jul 2010
Haha omg cuteness is really dangerous (it could actually kill you XD)! I loved the dress transfrming but it is a bit too much... but I like that, this show is great :P

I was kinda shocked with the last scene, looks like that girl was innocent after all (I slightly suspected her for a moment)... and wow the killer attacks again :O

Cain't wait for next episode, I really like this show ^^
Feb 1, 2011 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
mljato said:
I was so waiting for the “over 9000!” remark...too bad...
lolz same here, would have been so hilarious. Im loving this anime , the crying part was so touching too, like damn, gave me goosebumps
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Feb 1, 2011 11:10 AM

Oct 2009
Feb 1, 2011 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
Cross dressing epicness!!!
Feb 1, 2011 12:57 PM

Aug 2010
Suddenly whale. Great episode. ^^

Feb 1, 2011 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
...and then he strikes in da sailor moon outfit upgraded to 1000% with his heel, one shoting it's head off ...because Yuu cryed D: i woned what will happend if she get's killed....the end?
Feb 1, 2011 1:42 PM

Apr 2008
This is a great anime.

Because I watch it despite me cringing every time Ayumu transforms.
Feb 1, 2011 2:32 PM

Dec 2010
Lefake said:
Oh rly? The Masou Shoujo actually performed a proper kick this time? Of all the times it would just be a "kick" by name only then end up with the chainsaw.

I was fully expecting a 1000% Mystletain Kick ("That's not a kick!") very disappointed that wasn't the case xD

Either way, gonna echo the thoughts of nearly everyone else here and say that the emotional scene with Yuu and Ayumu was the best part of the whole episode. Poor doggie-man had to die so quickly, though.
Feb 1, 2011 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
The randomness is so awesome. The whale was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing at how random it was. :D
Feb 1, 2011 2:42 PM

Feb 2009
This series might be my favorite of the season. Each episode just makes me love it more and more~

I think Ayumu is what really makes this series, although the three girls are pretty unique in themselves... Speaking of which, I felt terrible for Yuu this episode. At least her voice actress is having an extremely easy time right now.

Well, there goes the theory for Twintails the Serial Killer...

Sera is just awesome... Haruna is even more awesome... There isn't a main character yet that I dislike.

Sera stopping to ensure and insult was excellent, made me chuckle.

"No Ayumu! You musn't become any cuter!"

I'm glad fanservice has gone down big time, this series is excellent without it.
Feb 1, 2011 2:54 PM

Nov 2009
The start was funny, first time in a while i enjoyed cooking humor. The Kerebos trying to drink was good too.

Then we had the serious part with well him getting stabbed and then talking to Yuu.

I didn't like the transition to the whale but i thought overall it was an enjoyable scene.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's worst girl? It's Sera, right?

SwimminglyDone - Mar 26, 2016

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jun 2, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 14, 2011

166 by bakakisima »»
Apr 29, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 28, 2011

147 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MorningGlory - Jan 24, 2011

167 by reachghost117 »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 29, 2011

236 by Muow »»
Jan 24, 2023 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.