Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2020 12:33 PM

Sep 2018
I liked the first episode much more than this one. The first episode was basically Seinfeld with middle school girls and this was much more typical nonsensical Japanese humor for the time so I was very disappointed. Also I didn't understand the joke with her last name being Coppola at the end and the subs decided they weren't going to explain it, despite explaining something completely pointless in the first episode.
Nov 15, 2020 9:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ana Coppola the british girl haha still weird how she really wants to be different and act like she doesn't know how to speak english
Jan 7, 2021 2:32 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Sasazuka... xD
SerafosNov 8, 2021 10:46 AM
Apr 3, 2021 12:55 PM

Aug 2018
Well-mannered girl sounded at least couple of times during this family dinner.. What kind of family are they, I wonder.. Like, it could be anything.. Like trying to raise oujo-sama.. Or too strict family.. Or on the opposite just being proud of their girl, how mature she is.. Who knows..
Well, Ana has a bit conflicting wishes.. From one side she wants to befriend people.. That's why she tried to joke and stuff.. From other she really wants to be English speaker and stuff.. Which could create distance between people, I imagine.. If she'd only speak English, as she says she wanna..
"Englando".. lol.. ;P Yeah, even students and teacher thought instantly that her accent is showing a lot.. Well, not like it's a problem or anything..
And it seems she actually doesn't know English that much.. Interesting.. Maybe I can guess why her family was like that in the beginning then.. They all maybe are trying hard to be someone, who they are by appearance.. Foreigners and stuff.. But they're not that much of them actually.. But yeah, keeping foreigners image might be important for her family..
Why Miu is trying to look like foreigner American?.. Did she transfer recently or something?.. Or it's her being influenced after meeting with Ana?..
Wtf.. This girl/boy behind Ana is just getting bullied by teacher.. You just asked yourself, who can read this, so he/she raised the hand.. Bruh..
Do they eat in class?.. It's 5th grade.. Well, no idea, maybe some 5th graders eat in class.. Well, I mean, older students also can eat in class.. But their meals look like not some bento brought from home, or some bread, or whatever.. Looks like it'd be made in school..
Well, Coppola sounds a bit strange.. But at least it's not Japanese name.. I mean, something like Tachibana Ana, or whatever..
Overall, interesting episode.. Though, also not too big of a fan of that bullying joke, but it's whatever, I hope we won't get it too much, just.. But other than that.. Ana's personality is interesting.. Hopefully, I'll like other girls with time more too..
Sep 14, 2021 7:00 AM

Jun 2015
ana is such a cutie i wanna smooch her

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Dec 2, 2021 7:08 AM

Jul 2019
Oh, new character. The foreigner lol. Typical, but I quite like Ana from what is given.

I found this episode quite funny compared to others, but this anime doesn't seem like it steps on the comedy, it is more light-hearted than other stuff. But really just box standard stuff, won't complain, I like the atmosphere lol.

Also rip, Sasazuka.
Jun 6, 2022 2:02 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Sasazuka. That teacher is big a bully, haha.

Ana is so cute. <3 Nobue fell in love with her at first sight. x3

That Engrish was hilarious.
Jul 26, 2022 2:41 AM

Sep 2019
I watched the show primarily for the memes, and it did not disappoint.
Dec 27, 2022 2:27 PM
Oct 2013
If sasazuka become villain in the future, I will stand by his side

May 5, 2023 1:11 AM

Dec 2020
justice for sasazuka lol, that scene is what made me start watching this

interesting to learn more about ana. i really like these 4 a lot
Jul 3, 2023 12:47 PM

Nov 2017
Ana just couldn't keep her plan together lol. But at least she made some new friends so that's nice!~

Miu is such a mischievous troll, it's bloody hilarious. That's why you get sent out in the hallway, girl. At least Sasazuka is completely innocent
Aug 4, 2023 5:43 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, I can't believe people are still watching this for the first time in 2023. I mean, it makes me happy to see! Due for a rewatch, I think. :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 12 Discussion

aero - Jun 6, 2008

48 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 24, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 11 Discussion

Piroko - Oct 17, 2007

39 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 22, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 6 Discussion

mEdiApAcK - Sep 10, 2008

48 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 16, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 1 Discussion

aero - May 28, 2008

44 by BabyBones »»
Feb 24, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 8 Discussion

Piroko - Oct 15, 2007

43 by HellindiuM »»
Nov 27, 2023 11:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.