Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 18, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2009
MorningGlory said:
u8sand said:
Epic, Pain is the GOOD guy. Reminds me of Code Geass and Death Note

I agree w/ pain more than Naruto
I don't feel Naruto involve in politic ,I suppose Tsunade should be the one to hear the lecture.I feel kinda weird when Pain bring Naruto as a comparison.....the lecture is much appreciated though and its kinda sad that Naruto say nothing to say this time.

Naruto's stupid ass needed to hear that. So he'll know the truth of what the Fire Nation is about, and how the Hidden Leaf have enabled some dreadful things in the past. Getting tired of his "Ninja Way" being the crux of every argument he gets into.
Jun 18, 2010 6:06 PM

Jun 2008
HINATA!!!
Jun 18, 2010 10:19 PM

Dec 2008
So Pain finally shows his creepy (Alphonse looking) body. Looks like next episode will have more boring dialogue and Hinata. v.v
Jun 19, 2010 12:46 AM

Jan 2009
I thought we were suppose to only discuss the anime. It seems everyone is going on about what will happen next week cause they've read the manga. Spoiler Alert would be nice guys. Anyway, good episode.
Jun 19, 2010 1:37 AM

Apr 2009
too much talking..

they really dont know how to make an episode
Jun 19, 2010 2:37 AM
Aug 2009
Nice one, it is getting better and better.
Jun 19, 2010 3:16 AM
Jun 2008
um_esper said:
Naruto's stupid ass needed to hear that. So he'll know the truth of what the Fire Nation is about, and how the Hidden Leaf have enabled some dreadful things in the past. Getting tired of his "Ninja Way" being the crux of every argument he gets into.
It has been looooong time since I heard the word"Ninja Way" .At least this "way" is not bind to any law or restriction.but anyway,Naruto is not Hokage,at least not now......
Jun 19, 2010 11:33 AM

Oct 2008
Beyonder said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

read this guys :)
well . This episode was good . But like ppl said , too much talkin which didn't make this episode GREAT . .
Jun 19, 2010 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
next episode is going to be awesome!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 19, 2010 6:51 PM

Jan 2010
Didn't the previous ending For You involve alot of Sakura?? why is she complaining, Hinata barely gets any screen time in the op and ED.

Judging by the animation for next week it seems they may allow Hinata to have some good fighting scenes.Though, they are a bit late...
Jun 19, 2010 7:02 PM

May 2009
Cool, we finally got to see Nagato. Can't wait for next week!
Jun 19, 2010 11:52 PM

Mar 2009
Shizune said Jiraiya's message was "the real one isn't among them"
and we see Nagato finally and he looks messed up himself.lol
But judging from the credits, it seems Hinata is going to jump in the fight in the next episode..(She's a good fighter, but that's Not a good idea)
Can't wait for the next episode. -.-

Jun 20, 2010 3:43 AM

Dec 2007
Good episode even though it was just talk.
also loved the music used in this episode.
Jun 20, 2010 6:54 AM

Oct 2009
I actually loved Pain's "speech" but Shikamaru and Ino's dad talking was too much -_-, dumb ninja's i would've figured that out ages ago >_< and it was great to see that Naruto couldn't talk back to Pain haaha (^_^)

But this episode was a lot better than the last one, looking forward to the "Confession" it'll probably be boring but shock you to "death" in the end :D
Jun 20, 2010 8:09 AM

Jul 2007
silent_killer said:
Beyonder said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

read this guys :)
well . This episode was good . But like ppl said , too much talkin which didn't make this episode GREAT . .

1. You are not a mod nor an admin. Its not your job to point that out, unless you have an immensely huge over-importance syndrome.

2. So this is the episode which starts the real fail( I mean the bgiger fail than everything before pain arc in part II) of naruto? Can't wait till the moment where Kishi has trolled everyone who expected something of this manga, to be animated. :3
Jun 20, 2010 9:44 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm...a woman is going to step in and fight? Hinata will probably confess and get killed in the next instant before landing a blow. Also, I've forgotten about the power Itachi gave to Naruto to beat Sasuke. I wonder if that won't kick in at some point (if it isn't activated by the presence of a sharingan).

As for this episode, I thought it was really good. A villain with reason, as opposed to a demi-god doing it just because (coughFMAcough) is always a lot better, creating real drama. The toad sage had to die, but I totally forgot about that little caveat in his archetype...since he was a frog. Still though, seeing his tiny body impaled by that chakra rod was pretty damn sad.
Jun 20, 2010 10:01 AM

Oct 2008
noteDhero said:
As for this episode, I thought it was really good. A villain with reason, as opposed to a demi-god doing it just because (coughFMAcough) is always a lot better, creating real drama.

*Laughes* You were referring to the FMA: Brotherhood villain, weren't you?
Fai said:
So this is the episode which starts the real fail( I mean the bgiger fail than everything before pain arc in part II) of naruto? Can't wait till the moment where Kishi has trolled everyone who expected something of this manga, to be animated. :3

No offense, but what I find an even bigger fail is the fact you mispelled "bigger."
Jun 20, 2010 10:36 AM
Jun 2008
Tamako said:
Good episode even though it was just talk.
also loved the music used in this episode.
There is some action also and its not just all about talk.... >.<
Jun 20, 2010 12:38 PM

Jul 2007
noteDhero said:

As for this episode, I thought it was really good. A villain with reason, as opposed to a demi-god doing it just because (coughFMAcough) is always a lot better, creating real drama.

I am sorry but I will take a well motivated being like Father, who is driven by natural human emotions and human nature/wishes over generic cardboard "omg ima end all wars" antihero, who spends half of the time sulking.

That said tho, Pain is one of better characters in naruto and one of three decent villains(other two being Danzo and Orochimaru).

Sadly....let's just say kishi loves Uchiha "omg ima so evil and i will spread hatred and eviiil through the world" Madara a lot more and after this, arguably, morally gray arc, Naruto will degenerate into generic pokemon/digimon outlook of the world, reminiscent of this
Jun 20, 2010 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
A little action and a lot of talking. Pretty smart how Naruto took out the other Pain though.
All those attacked whose fate was uncertain, were confirmed to be dead... That's sad. And ji-sennin. :(
Boy Nagato doesn't look too good. If Naruto, or Hinata as the case may be defeates the last Pain it doesn't look like beating Nagato will be very hard.
I want more!!
Jun 20, 2010 6:22 PM

Jun 2010
All I care about is next weeks ep, and again Sakura is about to get outdone, just like in the ED. BUt all in all not a terrible episode, didnt really enjoy Pain's lecture, but eh.
Jun 20, 2010 11:49 PM

Jan 2009
Fai said:

1. You are not a mod nor an admin. Its not your job to point that out, unless you have an immensely huge over-importance syndrome.

2. So this is the episode which starts the real fail( I mean the bgiger fail than everything before pain arc in part II) of naruto? Can't wait till the moment where Kishi has trolled everyone who expected something of this manga, to be animated. :3

Doesn't like Naruto but keeps on watching. lmao
Jun 21, 2010 12:15 AM

Nov 2008
Nagato himself barely looks like a threat (with the whole near death, skin and bones look)...lol I couldn't be more wrong anyway next episode looks to be good
Jun 21, 2010 2:11 AM

Jul 2007
Alchemistx4 said:

Doesn't like Naruto but keeps on watching. lmao

Having been there ever since the prologue chapter of Naruto was released, I see no reason on why I should just stop watching now.

Sure its a complete trainwreck after this arc, but hell I still want to see the end of it, having wasted all this time reading it
Jun 21, 2010 2:54 AM

Jan 2009
next episode the animation will be great i cant wait
Jun 21, 2010 4:03 AM

May 2008
Indeed a lot of talking, but I always enjoy the explanations not only the fights. Still can't wait for the next episode, seems like they improve the animation (at least I hope so).
Jun 21, 2010 6:21 AM

Apr 2009
next episode is destined to be the greatest naruto episode of all time.
Jun 21, 2010 6:31 AM

Oct 2008
Noooooooooooo Fukasaku. ;______;

RIP.

...btw can't wait for next ep. :3

Hope they'll make it dramatic like they did in the manga.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 21, 2010 9:12 PM
Jun 2009
Insane episode. I really wish they would stop naming the episodes with pretty much what is going to happen. "The Kyuubi Capture Complete" or whatever it was. Thanks dicks. Now I know exactly what is going to happen in the first minute.

I was also screaming at the TV. "USE THE FUCKING KYUUBI STUPID!". Speaking of which, where's he been lately? Seems Naruto would get pissed off from stubbing his toe and the fox would come out. If any time would be a good time to say hi. Now would be it.
Jun 22, 2010 4:04 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

That said tho, Pain is one of better characters in naruto and one of three decent villains(other two being Danzo and Orochimaru).

are you serious?
i agree about Orochimaru, he's badass and unique..

but Pain is just another generic villain here.. with lame dialogs aka ''i'm a god and i should stop all the wars in the world etc.' bullshit.

dont read the manga ( tho i spoilered myself a lot, know what bullshit is coming) but still i dont see anything good in this Pain..

generic villain is generic..

maybe in the next episodes i will change my mind..
Jun 22, 2010 2:32 PM

May 2009
More sage mode please...

Not looking forward to the next ep., I can't stand Hinata.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Jun 22, 2010 6:08 PM

Apr 2010
fav character of Naruto is Hinata...hopefully they can pull it off...I can't wait
Jun 23, 2010 12:39 AM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
Fai said:

are you serious?

but Pain is just another generic villain here.. with lame dialogs aka ''i'm a god and i should stop all the wars in the world etc.' bullshit.

one of better villains in naruto.

When compared to most of cardboard cut outs of AssSasuke(where pretty much almost every member was a cardboard-cutout-fodder-with-some-personality-trait-to-separate-him-from-others), he stands out by being more of "unique" character. A pretty much omnipotent and invincible being who has set his life towards one goal only.

His plan for world peace is interesting too(using tailed beasts as nuke bassically, doing to the world, what hiroshima and nagasaki events did to ours).

So, As i said when compared to other villains in naruto these three stand out the most as being most unique, interesting and deep characters.

His philosophy is at direct clash with naive ideals of Naruto, of Jiraya, of Minato, etc.

For most of time (except when he was trolled alongside Naruto in few upcoming episodes), Pain's character felt like that old wise and realistic man, sitting in his chair, and laughing at the naivety of his kids.

And no. In the next episodes you will NOT change your mind, however with each upcoming episode you will wish more and more that pain would be back and none of the upcoming shit would be happening....

It will be like.....people whining and whining about Clinton and then Bush coming into presidency...
Jun 24, 2010 7:36 AM
Aug 2008
Fai said:
smokes said:
Fai said:

are you serious?

one of better villains in naruto.

When compared to most of cardboard cut outs of AssSasuke(where pretty much almost every member was a cardboard-cutout-fodder-with-some-personality-trait-to-separate-him-from-others), he stands out by being more of "unique" character. A pretty much omnipotent and invincible being who has set his life towards one goal only.

His plan for world peace is interesting too(using tailed beasts as nuke bassically, doing to the world, what hiroshima and nagasaki events did to ours).

So, As i said when compared to other villains in naruto these three stand out the most as being most unique, interesting and deep characters.

His philosophy is at direct clash with naive ideals of Naruto, of Jiraya, of Minato, etc.

For most of time (except when he was trolled alongside Naruto in few upcoming episodes), Pain's character felt like that old wise and realistic man, sitting in his chair, and laughing at the naivety of his kids.

And no. In the next episodes you will NOT change your mind, however with each upcoming episode you will wish more and more that pain would be back and none of the upcoming shit would be happening....

It will be like.....people whining and whining about Clinton and then Bush coming into presidency...

Damn. Forget mentioning spoiler alert squared.

Banshou Ten'in
Jun 24, 2010 7:39 AM

Mar 2010
that must be great
My Foolish little brother, if you wish to kill me, hate me, detest me, and survive in an unsightly way. Run, run and cling to life.
Jun 24, 2010 11:37 AM

Apr 2009
Really liked the episode. Seriously can't wait for the next one. It was great this week, and will be even better next week.

suigetsu00 said:
nagato's enterance was done nicely.......next ep will sad and awesomde :)
Jun 24, 2010 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
Good episode. Pain is the new Light though.
Jun 26, 2010 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
Not bad, much talking and sporadic action, but Pain does have a point. Too bad his plan is some depressing, genocidal sh*t.

Jul 8, 2010 4:55 PM

Mar 2007
THIS is how Naruto shoud be all the time. Great episode :D
Instagram: Luzifurr
Aug 15, 2010 1:39 AM

Nov 2009
A bit too much of talking, but it was necessary for viewers who need to understand the plot. :/

Hope next episode will have more action.
Aug 26, 2010 9:58 PM

Mar 2010
fighting subsided

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 19, 2013 11:57 AM

Mar 2013
First comment in three years...! Any way OMG they showed Nagato, and I hope he's going to die soon! Woo!
Mar 22, 2014 3:26 AM

Jun 2009
Well, that's Nagata huh? Doesn't look like a threat but appearances can be deceiving. And, just like that Naruto has been defeated. Wonder how he will get out of this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 31, 2014 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
EPIC ! :D No other word can describe this.

Wow, just wow. I keep rewatching Nagato's speech. I can't believe they finally showed him. I had a good feeling about him being the ultimate anti-hero. I love him even more because of his voice(it's Vic Mignona) :D I hope they'll soon show what happened to Yahiko.
Sep 1, 2014 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Anneke said:
EPIC ! :D No other word can describe this.

This.
Also, I really liked that omake XD. Sakura complaining about not having an ending about her when she had, like, 3 already XD
Nov 15, 2014 1:58 AM
May 2012
Pain's speech + that OST = Epic!!
Old geezer sage T^T They showed Nagato!!
Jul 17, 2015 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
This arc is so great I'm really impressed
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Oct 2, 2017 5:10 PM

Dec 2016
Frog Sage Geezer NOOOOOOO

Also get this anorexic emo bitch off my screen!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 5, 2017 5:43 PM

Nov 2017
Nagato's body = goals.

I think Pain kinda has a point, it is indeed unfair that Konoha Ninjas destroyed his city/family/friends, and now this Konoha brat is trying to lecture him about peace and justice.
I kinda hope they can just talk it out and they'll find a way to world peace without slaughtering each other, haha.
Mar 10, 2018 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
"pain is just another generic villain"
"too much talking "
Lmao at these idiots
"You are the leaves bathing in the sun, I am the roots that grow in the dark."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
10 hours ago

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

38 by BotGang »»
May 19, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

71 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 17, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 381 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

81 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 14, 12:56 PM

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

45 by DollarstoreYuji »»
May 13, 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.