Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 7, 1:04 PM
Apr 2021
where can I watch this?
Apr 7, 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
I forgot how adorable Mutsumi and Taiyo can be ;o; I also forgot how absolutely bonkers the first chapters were of this story lol This is going to be a fun watch
Apr 7, 1:51 PM
Apr 2022
Well, the first episode went so fast that I still couldn't process what was happening. The only thing I understand is that Kyoichiro had a great sister complex with Mutsumi to the point where he literally fought his other siblings and caged her completely from the entire world. And suddenly at the end Mutsumi and Taiyo got married by just exchanging the family ring, what's going on, where is the romance element here, I feel like he married her because he want to protect his life and protect Mutsumi from her brother, I don't see any romantic here.
Apr 7, 1:55 PM

May 2019
So the MC lost his family in a tragic car accident and ended up marrying his classmate and childhood friend, ok then. At least this has a unique start compared to what I've watched.
Apr 7, 1:57 PM
May 2016
Now THAT was a siscon. (also it's a myth stress/mental trauma causes your hair to turn white like that and it's usually more a result of physical damage)
Apr 7, 3:05 PM

Aug 2017
I'm mostly here for our main duo and it makes me happy to see a childhood friend married with our mc! As for the plot, it seems kinda over the top, not sure that's my style and that creepy siscon brother didn't help either. Found it kinda lame, but hey at least he can't restrict her anymore hopefully.
Apr 7, 3:19 PM

Jun 2023
From childhood friends to married, that's rare, but in just the first episode? Wow
Apr 7, 3:40 PM

May 2010
Good fun start, 8/10
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Apr 7, 3:56 PM

Sep 2018
It's always nice to come into a show that feels familiar from the start – this has got such a classic shounen jump feel to it, embodied especially well in the protagonist. It's no wonder the manga has held up in the magazine for almost 5 years now! I've been eyeing the title in their app on quite a few Sundays myself, but never fully picked it up.

I really liked the way the first antagonist is someone among the family. His past trauma brings a sense of moral grayness to his actions that makes him an engaging character despite fundamentally being a gatekeeping asshole, lol. Overall, I'm a really big fan of the monochromatic, color-coded character designs: they're really striking in anime form!
Apr 7, 4:25 PM
Mar 2024
i like how much the scene is displayed and the smooth animation it make me have a higher expetation for this anime and i hope it has 2 season because this is the my favorite anime from manga adaptation
Apr 7, 4:37 PM

Aug 2017

To be honest - I'm already looking forward to the 6 months.
The whole thing is going to be a really wild ride and I think I've found my favorite title of the spring season along with "One Room, Hiatari Futsuu, Tenshi Tsuki". ("Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote" will be airing next Wednesday - I'm expecting big hits from that too).

Nice characters, good starting point and Kyochiro, one of the protagonists, who somehow also seems like an antagonist and a character who also seems to have a few comedic touches every now and then.

ame-furi said:
Also the pacing felt kinda weird and too slow at some moments. But overall, it wasn't bad
As far as pacing goes, I found it quite interesting that the death of Taiyo's parents is shown right at the beginning as an opening scene (in the manga it doesn't come until a few pages later). I thought it was an interesting move to start straight away with the drama and create a somewhat sadder starting point - before starting with the action-packed and comedic part.

The_W3za_Man said:
Spy x Family except the way the title sounds when said is actually what it's about
When I read the manga for the first time, I initially had an association with "Spy x Family" (not least because of the English title) - even if there are definitely similarities (Loid / Kyochiro as superhumans, who move in with almost playful ease Fight), I'm glad that "Yozakura-san chi-no Daisakusen" stands out as its own work.

Softhenic03 said:
Was one long overdue thing from wsj, but yeah, if they sell, they get an adaptation, that’s how things work there
Yeah, I was also a bit surprised that the adaptation came five years late. Maybe after the big hype about "Spy x Family" they didn't want to release the next spy anime immediately and so they waited a little longer.🤔

OP is quite catchy - I hope we'll get to see it animated the upcoming weeks. One of the OPs you're looking forward to hear again.

I think it's going to be pretty exciting. Things will really get going in the coming chapters.
Now the next 27 weeks we'll gonna enjoy entertaining adventures with our Yozakura family every sunday. Isn't that nice.😄
Apr 7, 5:57 PM

Sep 2023
Pretty good first episode. This looks interesting and has some great comedy, I hope the relation between Taiyo and Mutsumi gets developed nicely.
Apr 7, 6:19 PM
Jan 2024
Good start and we will see what happens in the following episodes
Apr 7, 6:24 PM

Mar 2007
That's a fun way to start a series - childhood friend "wins" with a reverse shotgun wedding!

He actually shredded his hand to grab the ring because he didn't want her to look sad. Now that's some motivation right there.

Great start, good catchy ED, looking forward to more.
Apr 7, 6:32 PM
Nov 2023
Amazing first episode, hope it keeps the same pace, also the animation is so good
Apr 7, 6:34 PM

Apr 2021
I’m glad that he overcame his trauma, manned up, all to protect the girl he loves, deciding to marry her and save her from her terrible situation.

Seeing the comments, I wonder my many of you watch anime when you obviously hate it so much.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 7, 8:59 PM

Sep 2016
boring premise, boring characters, awkward pacing, overall very not interesting.
the only good thing about this is Mutsumi's seiyuu
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 7, 10:46 PM

Feb 2015
Kid has no idea what he just signed up for lmao
Apr 7, 11:58 PM
Jan 2024
TaySoXL444 said:
Anyone know where this is streaming?

Hulu, I think someone said Disney+ and as always , good old bootleg websites
Apr 8, 12:01 AM
Jan 2024
SukunasRose said:
where can I watch this?

Hulu, Disney+ and bootleg websites
Apr 8, 12:02 AM
Jan 2024
Ronninn said:
Silver Link's 3rd consecutive 2-cour show, will it still move after after 3 months? (Like Ragna Crimson haha) Is the production actually healthy this time?

Find out in the next episode of overworked japanese animators!

i just wanted to say that I loved your comment
Apr 8, 12:08 AM
Jan 2024
somewhat interesting so far. the only scene I particularly liked was when the kid grabbed the ring even though it would hurt him and the fact that he wanted to save the chick from her brother's toxic obsession (cuz that definitely ain't love when you're not even considering how the other person feels or what they want and trying to take away their freedom). made me have some respect for the little dude. curious to see what will happen next. I'm glad people warned in the comments about the first few eps probably being episodic. as someone who doesn't care for things that are episodic, I'm glad I know that I'll have to be patient before it actually gets into the story. I've been waiting to see how this anime would turn out ever since I saw the trailer and read what it was about. hopefully it doesn't disappoint. the first episode was pretty decent. definitely not enough to hook me but enough to make me curious enough to come back to check out the story.
Apr 8, 1:31 AM
Oct 2023
when I was reading its manga I dropped it because I knew it its gonna be adapted afterwards they announce it
Apr 8, 2:55 AM
Dec 2022
Love the VA exactly as I hope for all the character
Apr 8, 6:19 AM
Apr 2022
I like the show. Kind of wonder about the ' teacher ' but it's siscon(crazy siscon) and at least they finished the problem in episode one.
Apr 8, 6:26 AM
Oct 2022
Mission: Yozakura Family

I’ve watched the first episode and all I can say is that I liked it. Kyoichiro (Mr. Hirukawa) has a strong personality, but I know that Taiyo would give everything to protect Mutsumi from bad guys.

Although, I did not expect for Mutsumi to have a family full of spies. I am happy that this anime will have 27 episodes, so I hope that every one of them would be great. The ending song is awesome too. What do you think?
Apr 8, 6:27 AM

Jul 2019
I didn't read the summary before watching. That guy being her brother and a crazy yandere, then her ending up marrying the mc just for him to stay alive... that caught me by surprise for sure. :'D I can already imagine the insane situations in future episodes, I love this already.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Apr 8, 6:59 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Silent_Base
gorkthe134th said:
This anime didn't impress me as much as others I've watched so far.
I may watch a few more episodes, but it's very possible I drop this one.

I feel the same. Plus the premise of the show is just dumb imo
@Silent_Base I don't personally think the concept is bad.
In fact, I believe it could be a good vessel to have fun watching a likable cast of characters.
The show just does't have an identity, something to make it stand out.
In other words, I'm worried it could get lost in the sea that is this anime season.
I won't drop it for being bad (because it's not), but I WILL do it if it doesn't present anything unique (or at least better than my other options (which is hard considering there are ~60 other options))
Apr 8, 1:22 PM

Feb 2019
So a murderous siscon was probably one of the most interesting ways to introduce an anime couple lol. Yozakura family’s premiere is fun and one of the more original set ups I’ve seen.

I wasn’t a massive fan of the siscon/batshit insane Kyoichiro. Thought his motivations for being obsessed with Mutsumi were just weird as fuck and didn’t really make sense. Not to mention completely disregarding what the person you claim to care for wants.. but it served as a nice plot device for Taiyo and Mutsumi to get closer and get engaged.

Something tells me this engagement isn’t going to go nearly as smoothly as they’d like. Kyoichiro was protecting Mutsumi from something, and it seems that responsibility has now fallen on Taiyo. How will he rise to the occasion?

Animation was surprisingly very good in the action scenes. Don’t know if that’s gonna be consistent, but if it is, we’re eating good.

Solid start, let’s see where it goes
Marinate1016Apr 8, 2:13 PM
Apr 8, 10:02 PM
Mar 2015
Hard to belief that this is a Jump series
Apr 9, 3:13 AM
Aug 2021
Pretty good first episode.I like animation quality too.I like main characters.They are so cute.
Apr 9, 6:35 AM
May 2020
the first manga chapter was quite weak but the anime tried to uplift it. looking forward to the next episode
Apr 9, 7:15 AM

Aug 2015
Man, I forgot just how creepy Kyoichiro is in the beginning. I'm assuming it's 27 episodes so they can the first two major arcs done. For everyone who is a little unsure: this series does slowly get better.
Controversial opinions
Apr 9, 10:16 PM

Apr 2015
Good way to set up the plot, I've heard about this manga alot and being a fan of Shounen, I hope this is a good one!
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
I thought he'd just move his unrestrained arm up and put his finger in the ring while it was being suspended.

That pervy older bro tho...
Apr 10, 5:13 AM

Apr 2021
I’m not really surprised with the childhood friend getting married with the MC. What amazed me is being her, being blue-haired and actually winning! The curse has been lifted!

Apr 10, 6:54 AM
Jul 2020
i love it!! and the op so banger
Apr 10, 2:41 PM
Aug 2021
So to start, I thought this would be more of an action -packed Shounen. My expectations were ultimately not met in that regard. However, the story brought up a good idea about the MC not wanting to get close to anyone because he was afraid to lose anyone again after his family died. I liked that, I wish they expanded on that. But it was dumped out the window in 20 min when he gets married to his childhood friend.

On top of that, the whole family of spies was trying to fight their older brother spy who was described to be the best spy. He packed all of the siblings up, and somehow the MC was able to "overpower" him at the end of the episode. The fact that he wasn't killed immediately after going out of hiding, given the rep the older "evil" brother has feels contrived.

Moral of the story-Some of the plot feels contrived. It seems like they dumped a plotline right out of the window in the first episode. I will be watching a couple more episodes to see if I still feel meh about the series.
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Aug 2021
extreme siscon is usually a sign of an inevitably bad show but siscon is also such a lazy trope so i do appreciate them at least making the structure surrounding it a bit interesting
Apr 11, 1:44 AM
Oct 2019
What a wild start lol
Elder brother was a siscon LMAO

Alright that was a fun start.
Apr 11, 6:38 AM
Mar 2019
Marriage of convenience it is, ei? I suppose now the real fun begins. This gave me a few laughs. Looking forward to more in the following episodes.
Apr 12, 12:31 PM

Jun 2016
Why is it that watching the first episode of the adaptation of a manga you've been reading for a while always feels so awkward? I feel like running through the cliches pushes people off.
Also, I don't like the voice choice for Taiyo. I always imagined him with a more gentle tone. They nailed the other voices though.
Also also I never liked the red hair in the manga, but at least most of it was black and white.
MewkiWayApr 12, 12:36 PM
Apr 12, 12:34 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Hizuki_Kei
the 2 Main char married in first episode, but why no romance tag? There is no romance even though they already married?
@Hizuki_Kei I'd say it is romance.
Apr 12, 8:57 PM
Apr 2024
nice so amazing i like this anime i love it
Apr 13, 6:14 AM

Jul 2014

And another good one, this season is full of good shows. Keep them coming.

Kaede Hondo sounds nice as Mutsumi. We also have Aoi Yuuki which is always great but my favorite this episode was Futaba, I really like her design.

Kyouichiroi is creepy af.
Apr 13, 1:15 PM
Jul 2023
That is no dog, Sir. That 100% a cat spy trying to blend in.
Apr 14, 4:05 AM

Dec 2015
Happy to see one of my favorite manga get the adaptation it deserves. Saw that Mashle and undead unluck was getting adaptations so I was worried if Yozakura would get one.

The voice actors are great. I imagined Nanao sounding like Alphonse from Full Metal Alchemist. They even have Akari Kaitou as Futaba. A perfect choice in my opinion.

With how the manga is going right now and this anime seems it will have 27 episodes, I'm curious on how much will be adapted. It was kind of rough in the beginning but the manga found out where it was going and it has been a very good read.
Apr 14, 4:44 AM
Oct 2022
This anime has a great adaptation from manga, I think it is going to be a decent work and story development. I hope Taiyo will consider Mutsumi as his wife and have proper feelings. He is able to protect her from dangers.

I’ve watched the first two episodes and they were good, I’m hyped. Can’t wait to see more! OP theme is awesome.
Apr 14, 8:48 AM

Nov 2020
I had low expectations and I was positively surprised, the MC's plot is apparently simple and predictable and the romance looks standard, but the idea of a strange spy family sold me, and the oldest brother, he's supposed to be this typical cheerful badass, but somehow he got this episode going, which makes me want to watch it. next.
Now we will most likely have some spy missions and a development of the plot involving the assassination of the blue haired woman, I guess that the main antagonist will want her dead for some reason and her brother's overprotectiveness will come in handy xD
Apr 14, 1:17 PM

May 2023
I started watching this anime without knowing absolutely anything about the story, I loved it so much.

I liked Kyouichirou, he'll probably be my favorite character.

several characters that seem cool, I hope the anime delves into them all.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2

21 by YudiYusantoS »»
5 hours ago

» Exceed my expectation !

lightning_angad7 - Jun 2

10 by Macha_Chele »»
Yesterday, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

24 by Zorpanur »»
Jun 2, 11:39 PM

» Is the story going to go anywhere at some point?

dadnaya - May 28

9 by 1qim24 »»
Jun 2, 9:32 PM

» Isn't the show underrated?

Rom-Com_lover - Jun 2

9 by Antisocial-Weeb »»
Jun 2, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.