Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 10, 3:22 PM
Jun 2023
Teldrasil said:
It will be in the next episode they're going to confess each other? Or do we have to wait more?

spoilers:
you will be waiting for a few episodes, this will happen in this season
Feb 10, 3:25 PM
Jan 2024
wow, one of the best episodes and I think my favorite episode of the 2nd season, it is very well structured.
Feb 10, 3:38 PM
Nov 2019
Ain't no way! I'm really looking forward to next episode now.
Feb 10, 3:46 PM
Mar 2021
it's coming together for Anna & Ichikawa...
Feb 10, 3:55 PM
Jan 2024
One of the best episode, loved it!
Feb 10, 5:04 PM
Mar 2020
BEST ROMCOM EVER FSSSSSSSS
Feb 10, 5:19 PM

Sep 2023
Best time of the week! That was too much pressure for Kyotarou, he really gave everything!! Thankfully Yamada is always there to grow and help him be the best version of himself!

He even got a "new" haircut in a fancy place for the speech! If only his sister could have sent him a photo of the script with her phone instead of bringing it in person xD

Kyo finally realizes that Anna really likes him! Did they finally confess/kiss? I can't wait for next week!
Feb 10, 5:43 PM
Jan 2024
Ichikawa's impromptu end of speech and "My hands are full." This is peak romance Anime. I love this series so much.
Feb 10, 5:51 PM
Aug 2022
Bro I’m dead wtf happened in the 5 seconds they were alone together at the end?!? Did they fight?!? Did one confess?!? I’m so confused 😂😂😂😂

I’m absolutely adoring season 2 in so many ways, I’m surprised how much better this is compared to season 1, and the opening is so good too.

One of the few romance anime we’re i actually really, really like the mc a lot and they stand out a bunch
Feb 10, 5:57 PM
Sep 2021
omfggggg my heart can't take this much... the title of this anime really.. REALLY relates man... there are dangers in my heart right now 😂😂😂😂 legit feel like I'm about to have a heart attack.. such a good episode.. such a good anime.. 10/10
Feb 10, 6:20 PM
Dec 2021
Peak romance. 10/10
Feb 10, 6:53 PM

Mar 2020
Absolutely amazing. I never thought a romcom could surpass Kaguya-sama for me, but I'm almost certain by the end of the season, this will not only be my favourite romcom, it'll also be right up there in my favourite anime of all time. This is truly something special.

Kyoutarou's challenges with public speaking kind of resemble how parts of my life have went, so it's quite relatable for me personally. I was a pretty chatty kid, but as I grew into my teenage years, for some reason I got more reserved, and I had stage fright and a fear of public speaking. Yeah, I took drama classes, and classes that required me to talk to others, but I was not, and still am not the most talkative person around in the slightest. While seeing Kyoutarou's inner self talk to him might feel like somewhat cliché, it works perfectly here since deep down, I'm sure he knew he could do it, he was just holding himself back. Like people say, sometimes a person's worst enemy is themselves. I am so proud of him. That soundtrack really made that speech scene something special.

Another thing I've really enjoyed is the support from both Anna and her friends as well, with Serina helping with Kyoutarou's hair, and Anna giving him the confidence he needed, while not just saying "You can do it". He's earned every bit of that support because he works hard and tries hard. Shout out to his sister Kana too, who must be ecstatic to see his brother succeed.

While some of the romance aspects do have me slightly concerned (Kyoutarou and Anna going in opposite directions), that indirect confession was handled so well. It even kind of got me liking Haruya a little bit. I'm pretty confident this show will get even better from here. It hasn't let me down so far, and I don't see why I will.

McsuperFeb 10, 6:56 PM
Feb 10, 6:53 PM
Dec 2023
The tension is getting tense. Romance done right
Feb 10, 6:54 PM
May 2020
YAMADA INDIRECTLY CONFESSED SHE LIKES ICHIKAWA!!!
Feb 10, 7:32 PM

Dec 2022
My man Ichi got a new haircut.

And that Yamada expression at the end🥰
Feb 10, 7:42 PM
Jun 2023
One word "beautiful".This is what saved romance genre for me
Feb 10, 7:45 PM

Oct 2022
Nanjou created a really awkward situation, lmfao. I wonder how the other girl who actually knows more about Nanjou and is actually romantically interested in him but seems to be getting turned down by him is going to be treated moving forward. I would assume that Nanjou would start taking her serious since Yamada turned him down, but I can't say. The guy can be pretty unpredictable from what we've seen so far.

Feb 10, 7:52 PM
Apr 2022
BEST EPISODE NGL OUR BOY TRULY DID SHOW US HOW TO APPLY THOSE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTS
Feb 10, 8:01 PM
Oct 2021
cannot understand how ep 1,2, 3 S1 were so hard to watch and then 📈📈📈📈📈
went from a 2 to a solid 8/9
announce s3 rn
Feb 10, 8:01 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi did himself proud Yamada stood up to the dirt bag and made our boi realize that yamada likes him
Feb 10, 8:02 PM

Nov 2022
Ichikawa got a haircut but he didn’t fix the worst part: his bangs are still too long lol
Feb 10, 8:05 PM

Oct 2022
Finally we're going somewhere after a lot of Red-Green flags and signals. Finally.
UndefeatedBahamut
Feb 10, 8:21 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

It was so good

The speech, the way she answered etc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 10, 8:27 PM

Nov 2010
We tend to forget it, but Ichikawa has excellence in study. and you may not know it, his sister also is excellent in study and probably went to a private school, so that she didn't know where his school was.
Feb 10, 8:40 PM

Dec 2022
Fancy haircut debut. The sis is funnier!
Feb 10, 8:55 PM
Feb 2021
its so good bro its soo fucking good bro
Feb 10, 8:58 PM

Oct 2022
Beautiful episode, happy for both these characters, get in there Ichikawa. Glad the manwhore is leaving though.

Based sister too, nice character development there.

Feb 10, 9:04 PM

Nov 2022
Smaller arrogant Ichikawa's adorable. Never seen someone blow a piece of hair into someone else's eye before haha! Senpai really is a jerk!
Feb 10, 9:36 PM
Anime Moderator
We can be heroes

Mar 2016
I need my own hot Ichikawa
Feb 10, 9:51 PM

Oct 2022
The speech was cool. You can really tell he pulled a lot of it from his experiences with Yamada and hopes for their relationship.
Feb 10, 10:11 PM

Dec 2022
That was a good rejection, both the dude and Yamada put out their feelings and concluded it well. Seems the dude can quit her and finally move on, even wanted to give them time at the end there lol.
Feb 10, 10:18 PM
Feb 2019
"My hands are full, and I can't hold anything else."
Feb 10, 10:19 PM

Feb 2020
IM TELLING YOU THJS SHIT IS PEAK. P E A K.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 10:32 PM

Aug 2017
How is this show so good?

I love when Kyoutarou mans up when it counts. Nice move throwing her back the doggy charm too. Bringing everyone to tears with that speech.

Senpai pickup artist should get with that other cute girl, nothing wrong with her. Not the confession one but the short haired one.

katakumplat said:
Seems the dude can quit her and finally move on, even wanted to give them time at the end there lol.

Yeah senpai pickup artist is a stud. IRL he would be a soccer star and with Yamada.

kuroneko99 said:
Ichikawa has excellence in study

I like when the boy character has virtues and isn't a total chump.

GT1Studios said:
Romance done right

Show really gets it right. It's not cheesy or annoying at all.

Mcsuper said:
it'll also be right up there in my favourite anime of all time. This is truly something special.

I agree. It's phenomenal. I didn't expect it back when MC wanted to kill Yamada.

Swiss_Bohemian said:
In the manga, he never said the last line (about him calling her later thanks to getting her phone number from Ichikawa) and Yamada never answered to that. I don't get the director's choice here. Was it really necessary to make Nanpai again a "unmoral" guy right after his quasi redemption?

Yeah, but it was a good throwback to that scene from season 1. Senpai pickup artist is only half sleazebag.
CarbonMDFeb 10, 10:45 PM
Feb 10, 10:51 PM
Jun 2017
I JUST LOVE THIS EPISODE... SO SWEET, AND OHHH THAT LAST PART IS GREAT,,,
Feb 10, 10:55 PM

Oct 2022
Beautiful! He exerting himself as a gigachad with that farewell speech, and went off the infimary like a champ and she being a queen and an maiden in love made this anime worth of following religiously.
Feb 10, 11:00 PM

Dec 2022
Yamada and Ichikawa are too wholesome lol but now it's time for one of them to confess so I can die happy.

Feb 10, 11:50 PM

Sep 2018
OK, so now there's no misunderstandings or uncertainties lol, at least there shouldn't be, going forward. Great final scene of this episode.

Also like how Ishikawa has gradually socialized with Yamada's group after the past 1.5 seasons, feels like it wasn't even too long ago, where he wouldn't even look their way, now he's having his hair styled by them (regardless of how awkward he finds it lol). There was no big scene, no huge deal made about it, it just happened naturally over the course of 18 episodes.
GakutoDeathGlareFeb 10, 11:54 PM
Feb 11, 12:15 AM
Jan 2022
It was the best episode so far!!!!!!! 🤩
Feb 11, 12:15 AM

Jun 2010
Nanjou's confession scene is one of my favorite in the series because it’s a good twist on the main character’s (often distorted) perspective on things.

Kyoutarou is a middle school boy who noticed the prettiest girl in school and despite mistaking this feeling for wanting to murder her in his silly fantasies he blundered into a friendship that quickly became closer and developed into a mutual attraction despite his frequent misunderstanding of her feelings as well his own. Less than a year later she’s in love with him and he knows he feels the same way despite his denseness. Becoming lovers is a matter of overcoming their own awkwardness.

Nanjou is a middle school boy who noticed the prettiest girl in school and so tried to get closer to her. She stonewalled him at every turn, refusing to have more than the most shallow conversations, even telling obvious lies like not knowing the most popular chat app for smartphones in Japan in order to keep her distance from him. Her friends literally blocked him from speaking to her and he has to watch her with another boy she clearly likes the way he wishes she liked him. In the end, to avoid having regrets, he has to go through the humilating “empty ceremony” of confessing to her while correctly expecting to get nothing out of it...and even gracefully left her and boy who "defeated" him alone to enjoy each other's company.

Who is the one having a hard time here? But who is the one who acts like it? Kyoutaru's attitude towards Nanjou has been ridiculous this whole time and even a little unkind.
Feb 11, 12:20 AM
Jul 2021
Final scene was adorable. whishing/hoping for a scene where we get to see yamadas reaction to ichikawa getting out of the bed and walking out. cant wait for next week
Feb 11, 1:03 AM

Oct 2016
For some reason, ever since I saw that scene of Ichikawa standing on a podium in the trailer and ED, I have been heavily anticipating it. I was right to be excited about it, because that was amazing, and in a show full of 10/10 episodes, this is my personal favorite so far, though I feel it'll just be an endless cycle of the next episode becoming the favorite and so on, this show is so peak.
Feb 11, 1:07 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Fronzel
Nanjou's confession scene is one of my favorite in the series because it’s a good twist on the main character’s (often distorted) perspective on things.

Kyoutarou is a middle school boy who noticed the prettiest girl in school and despite mistaking this feeling for wanting to murder her in his silly fantasies he blundered into a friendship that quickly became closer and developed into a mutual attraction despite his frequent misunderstanding of her feelings as well his own. Less than a year later she’s in love with him and he knows he feels the same way despite his denseness. Becoming lovers is a matter of overcoming their own awkwardness.

Nanjou is a middle school boy who noticed the prettiest girl in school and so tried to get closer to her. She stonewalled him at every turn, refusing to have more than the most shallow conversations, even telling obvious lies like not knowing the most popular chat app for smartphones in Japan in order to keep her distance from him. Her friends literally blocked him from speaking to her and he has to watch her with another boy she clearly likes the way he wishes she liked him. In the end, to avoid having regrets, he has to go through the humilating “empty ceremony” of confessing to her while correctly expecting to get nothing out of it...and even gracefully left her and boy who "defeated" him alone to enjoy each other's company.

Who is the one having a hard time here? But who is the one who acts like it? Kyoutaru's attitude towards Nanjou has been ridiculous this whole time and even a little unkind.
@Fronzel you're so wrong, the difference is nanjou always try to get close with Yamada even when she feels uncomfortable and sometimes he even forced her while kyoutaro is just being there, he's considerate and can read the situation, he helps her when she needs it without expecting anything in return. I will be act like kyoutaro is there's a guy who force to get close with the girl you like and make her feels uncomfortable.
Feb 11, 1:16 AM

Sep 2016
(...they did not)
bruh
Feb 11, 1:21 AM

Oct 2022
I wonder what exactly happened in the end.. was it that indirect confession that made them both so embarassed or what??
In any case another weekly dose of wholesomeness recieved successfully!
Feb 11, 1:35 AM

Apr 2017
the path is cleared, the feelings are out, and the only thing remaining is for him or her to confess and we have ourselves the relationship we were all waiting for.
Feb 11, 1:38 AM
Feb 2021
peak fiction
peakest of peaks
mt olympus
mt everest
seven firmaments
aphelion of the sun
summer solstice
apex legend
arcadia resplendent
aurora
crown jewel of all tales
diamond in the sky
end all be all of anime
peerless in its radiance
heavenly gift bequeathed upon us lowly mortals
banger forreal

in the timeless words of our elucidated sage JJK Panda,

Feb 11, 1:46 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Theredapple1
Swiss_Bohemian said:
Excellent episode as always. I especially liked how the girls gathered around Ichikawa and Sekine playing with his hairstyle.

However, there were a couple of added lines which were absent from the manga, and I didn't like those lines. It was the last exchange between Yamada and Nanpai. In the manga, he never said the last line (about him calling her later thanks to getting her phone number from Ichikawa) and Yamada never answered to that. I don't get the director's choice here. Was it really necessary to make Nanpai again a "unmoral" guy right after his quasi redemption? Totally unnecessary, imho.

I can understand what you mean but if you think about it from like an 8th graders pov they just confessed and person they just confessed to said they liked someone else many 8th grades would act in that way being angry.
@Theredapple1 i think the line was to further confirm that he is done with yamada, and for us to feel ensured that he is done dealing with yamada in any way that could put ichikawa in a difficult situation like his future relationship with yamada, it also works as a green light for ichikawa to be his self with yamada without feeling like there is someone else in the race though its clear nanjou has no chance after what yamada said anyways it helped set the record straight for ichikawa to confess and be certain that he will not be rejected.
Feb 11, 1:53 AM
Jul 2022
It is nice to to see Ichikawa become more confident to the point he can deliver speeches, Anna's face when she left the Nurse's office was hilarious, something definitely happened in there.
Feb 11, 1:54 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Stink_Bug
Ok so what was that bit at the very end where they were both all squiggly eyed and ran in opposite directions? Were they supposed to be embarrassed? Angry? Cliffhanger I presume but very confused as to what kind of emotion that was supposed to be?
@Stink_Bug because they both know they love each other, and being in the same room is a lot to handle considering they're both on the doorway to a romantic relationship and they are both very underprepared for any sort of confession or declaration of love at that exact moment, so they both parted ways to breathe and sort out their feelings, i haven't read the manga but i know for sure that a confession is very near atp, they both know they love each other, there is nothing in their way.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.