Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 10, 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
His level of confidence, I loved it!!

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Feb 10, 5:46 PM

Sep 2018
Gosh, the manga art looks trash. If there's something positive to say about this show, it's the nice production. I'm already not looking forward to the cheap drama that will follow all this.
Feb 10, 6:04 PM
Dec 2023
This is a good use of romance. Now this better still be good after this episode.
Feb 10, 6:10 PM

Jul 2021
This is so sweet. It burns!

TheColonel76 said:
I definitely look forward to the moments between them as a couple going forward, that is if the focus doesn’t completely shift to the other characters now that this happened.

I would also really like the show to go in this direction, instead of introducing more characters and more drama. I haven't watched a lot of romance anime, so I don't know if this is an unreasonable ask...
Feb 10, 6:21 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Episode was really well adapted and I have been waiting for this moment ๐Ÿ˜Œ can’t wait for next weeks episode
Feb 10, 6:35 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This show is absolutely beautiful. My heart man ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Upping my score to 9/10
Feb 10, 7:41 PM

Dec 2022
So much progress and we are only half way through the anime. Can't wait to see what will happen next, I smell some drama coming soon.
Feb 10, 8:19 PM

Nov 2014
Always gives me a good vibe when the show moves the progression along with time to spare

Hopefully they tie things up with Oushi as well, man ain't bad. I mean I've done worse when emotions go rampant...
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 10, 9:39 PM

Oct 2022
I love how supportive they are about Yuki and Itsuomi-kun, and also the fact that Yuki doesn't have any inferiority complex about her hearing problem. A female lead ain't lying about her feelings and a male lead getting straight to the facts.

Feb 10, 9:42 PM
Dec 2022
Itsuomi can get the words thru to Yuki even with sign language. Somehow he made it seems so easy. Yuki is more than ready to receive it so it helps. Itsuomi and Yuki now need to navigates the next step.

Poor Oushi be left out by the wayside despite his clear 'enthusiasm' to protect Yuki. His message comes a bit too late it seems.

So now left Kyouka and Rin. They should get a move on. Lol
Feb 10, 10:37 PM

Sep 2016
Shojo is so much better than shounen romcom for beta males
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 10, 10:48 PM
Feb 2015
Nice episode, we got to see Kyoya and Rin view of Itsuomi. He such an unreadable guy Itsuomi. So they officially dating now. Oshi, i wonder his reaction to this. They don't get to see each other for a month and give each other hug for now. and that kabedon uwu
Feb 10, 10:49 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to GangsterCat
Shojo is so much better than shounen romcom for beta males
@GangsterCat I agree! ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Feb 10, 10:56 PM
Jul 2023
Does anyone know what the sign Itsoumi was doing when he says "Yuki, I want you to..." and Yuki looked surprised and was thinking "Does he realize what he is saying with that sign?"

What does that both palms face up with circular motions mean?
Feb 10, 11:07 PM
Mar 2023
The episode is really wonderful, I did not feel the passage of time, and the episode contains a wonderful energy of love.
Feb 10, 11:47 PM

Nov 2021
with this anime and boku yaba.. my heart cant take it in one day
Feb 11, 12:46 AM
May 2021
Such a cute episode!
Feb 11, 1:12 AM
Feb 11, 1:18 AM

Feb 2020
I DIDNT EXPECT A CPNFESSION SO FAST SKXKENBEBWIJD IM GIGGLING SO MUCH

I HOPE RIN GETS HIM TOO IM ROOTING FOR YOU GIRL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2:37 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to perseii

TheColonel76 said:
I definitely look forward to the moments between them as a couple going forward, that is if the focus doesn’t completely shift to the other characters now that this happened.

I would also really like the show to go in this direction, instead of introducing more characters and more drama. I haven't watched a lot of romance anime, so I don't know if this is an unreasonable ask...
@perseii
Definitely not an unreasonable ask, it’s just something I think is a possibility lol, I do like the other characters in this show but I would definitely prefer the focus not shift.
Feb 11, 3:04 AM
Mar 2018
A perfect episode! I didn't expect so much, so quick; I'm excited to see where this takes us!

Poor Oushi, though. :'(
Feb 11, 3:11 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
......NEW, UNCHARTED WORLDS??!!!

Since half of Yuki's waking hours are spent with her fantasizing about Itsuomi and swooning over every detail of his mannerisms and body down to the way he breathes, boy I can't imagine her mind NOT overloading and shutting down when they get it on.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 11, 3:16 AM
Sep 2009
Itsuomi is so frank that I constantly get second-hand embarrassment whenever he speaks. This is actually the kind of romance story that is not up my alley (the first of this kind I encountered was Sailor Moon where I hated the romance aspect of the story), but Yuki is very cute, so I don't mind as much. And Itsuomi is starting to grow on me.
Feb 11, 3:56 AM
May 2022
Best episode so far:)
Feb 11, 4:24 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to perseii

TheColonel76 said:

@perseii what? There is no new characters.
Well actually there some other characters too but they didn't really appear that much.
The one that the anime already introduced is the only characters that will involved in the drama.
(Shin,kyoya,Rin,Emma,oushi)
There is Izumi and oushi friends but im sure they're not going to have that much screen time.
Oh,there isn't that much drama going on.
But oushi tho...(sigh)๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜Œ

Anyways,A sign of affection has more wholesomeness and sweetness than the drama.
I know cause I read the manga.
This is a lighthearted romance.
The drama is not that heavy or will make you feel really frustrated.
It's just nice.
The story mostly focus on itsuomi and Yuki relationship.
The story main focus is the romance between itsuomi and Yuki.
Understand?
kisaragi_ekiFeb 11, 5:01 AM
Feb 11, 4:28 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to TheColonel76
@perseii
Definitely not an unreasonable ask, it’s just something I think is a possibility lol, I do like the other characters in this show but I would definitely prefer the focus not shift.
@TheColonel76 Don't worry the main focus is itsuomi and Yuki relationship.
Feb 11, 4:36 AM
Dec 2017
Was an amazing pure love... My heart it's going crazy <3
Feb 11, 5:46 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to GargletheRat
Does anyone know what the sign Itsoumi was doing when he says "Yuki, I want you to..." and Yuki looked surprised and was thinking "Does he realize what he is saying with that sign?"

What does that both palms face up with circular motions mean?
@GargletheRat "ใŠไป˜ใๅˆใ„" (in this context it means: to go out/go out together/to become a couple)

Itsuomi used the signs of "Yuki/้›ช/snow" "ore/ไฟบ//I" and "otsukiai/ใŠไป˜ใๅˆใ„/go out together-relationship")

took me a bit to find a video for it but here it is (this one also has the sign of "ใŠ้ก˜ใ„/please" at the end)

NemuriNezumiFeb 11, 5:50 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Feb 11, 7:40 AM

Jul 2022
This episode melted my heart. I didn't expect a confession so early, but I am quite happy. The unusual way it was executed using sign language was beautiful.

Rin and Kyouya totally represent me upon finding out that Yuki and Itsuomi are dating.

Although Itsuomi doesn't show it on his face, he seems happy about the confession. Now, I am eager to see Yuki get her passport and travel abroad with Itsuomi.
Feb 11, 8:18 AM

Jun 2008
Lovely episode, Itsuomi sure moves fast.

Strange that Yuki's childhood friend didn't have her number. We'll see how he react towards their relationship.
Feb 11, 10:27 AM
May 2021
About sign language before itsuomi confess to yuki. what the meaning of the last sign? maybe someone know and can explain. because in manga, nor were they told what it meant.
Feb 11, 10:41 AM
Nov 2022
LOVE WON!!!!!

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THIS is how it's done, don't go on for 100 chapters for nothing, this is romance, damn it ๐Ÿšฌ...
Feb 11, 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
Reply to quintopia
As nice as it is to see them happy about their official coupledom, I am feeling bereft that the only plot that has been set up going forward is melodrama with the childhood friend, whom I, and I can't stress this enough, do not give a shit about.
This is kind of my feeling at this stage. I'm happy to have a confession this early in rather than dragging it out for perpetuity, but I'm really not looking forward to the inevitable melodrama with the childhood friend. Hopefully this series is good enough to find other ways to develop the central relationship, but I'll need to see it to believe it given how many times similar anime have burned me in the past.
Feb 11, 1:09 PM

Sep 2018
A romance anime where the couple actually starts dating before the last episode?! Now this is a bigger plus than the flag of Switzerland.

This show is such a heart-throbbing experience! It's easy to symphatize with Yuki's feelings. Oushi getting Yuki's contact information second-hand through her mom is kind of creepy though. I also get the feeling she doesn't quite know her daughter. Didn't even bother to learn a little sign language for her sake either...
Feb 11, 1:23 PM

Apr 2015
Huh I certainly didn't expect Yuki and Itsuomi to already start dating this episode. I'm a huge slow-burn fan so the two getting together didn't really make me feel anything, but the entire episode was pretty cute and I'm certainly interested in seeing how their dynamic will be going forward now that they're dating. The chibi forms of the characters are so adorable haha. I'm just glad Oushi didn't randomly show up in front of the two this episode, that would've made me hate this anime. It's a bit weird that he doesn't even have Yuki's phone number, but I stand by my stance that I think he's over-hated and I wish him happiness. I'm not really sure what to expect from this show going forward other than fluff and potential drama with Oushi/Emma and some side characters romance, but as long as there's not much love triangle drama I think this show will continue to be a top contender for my favorite anime of the season.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 11, 1:38 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to kisaragi_eki
@perseii what? There is no new characters.
Well actually there some other characters too but they didn't really appear that much.
The one that the anime already introduced is the only characters that will involved in the drama.
(Shin,kyoya,Rin,Emma,oushi)
There is Izumi and oushi friends but im sure they're not going to have that much screen time.
Oh,there isn't that much drama going on.
But oushi tho...(sigh)๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜Œ

Anyways,A sign of affection has more wholesomeness and sweetness than the drama.
I know cause I read the manga.
This is a lighthearted romance.
The drama is not that heavy or will make you feel really frustrated.
It's just nice.
The story mostly focus on itsuomi and Yuki relationship.
The story main focus is the romance between itsuomi and Yuki.
Understand?
@kisaragi_eki Thanks for the heads-up. By the way you don't need to convince me, I like what they're doing here LOL.
Feb 11, 1:46 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to NemuriNezumi
@GargletheRat "ใŠไป˜ใๅˆใ„" (in this context it means: to go out/go out together/to become a couple)

Itsuomi used the signs of "Yuki/้›ช/snow" "ore/ไฟบ//I" and "otsukiai/ใŠไป˜ใๅˆใ„/go out together-relationship")

took me a bit to find a video for it but here it is (this one also has the sign of "ใŠ้ก˜ใ„/please" at the end)

@NemuriNezumi Thanks for the explanation.

Also, it's really cool that he signs "snow" when talking about Yuki, because that's what her name means (I'm assuming, because his hand motion looked like snowflakes floating down). I never thought you could call someone's name that way, and it's only possible through signing (and maybe emojis).
Feb 11, 2:45 PM
Jan 2024
ABSOLUTE PEAK I AM BAWLING
Feb 11, 3:55 PM
Sensei

Sep 2012
When Itsuomi put down the whiteboard... He's so cute about Yuki.
Feb 11, 6:11 PM

Jul 2016
I swear I can't get the appeal of this romance. I was waiting for Itsuomi's reason for liking Yuki and it ended up being your standard "you're so pure/transparent" shoujo reason.
Well... at least production values were stellar this episode.
Feb 11, 7:02 PM

Aug 2011
LMAO I love the "Bro's down mad" comment Oushi! This was a pretty interesting ep, and refreshing to see this modern shoujo so I'm looking forward to the rest of it!
desu desu binches
Feb 11, 8:31 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow so many things happened this episode, but it was adorable. Hoping that Itsuomi will not hurt Yuki though.

People were surprised that Oushi never got her number til now but I feel like he’d rather die than directly ask her for her phone number. If he did, it would be in a very aggressive way.

Looking forward to seeing the progression between Kyouya and Rin; they looked like protective parents this ep haha.

Poor Shin, hope he finds happiness with someone. Probably with Emma tho
Feb 11, 8:54 PM
Jun 2014
This show makes me so happy. I grin from ear to ear like an absolute idiot every episode but this one just absolutely captured my heart. I can't wait for next week!
Feb 11, 9:19 PM

Feb 2010
This episode has blown me away with all the emotions. I just love how cozy and warm the confession was, it melted my heart.
Feb 11, 9:25 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Gosh, the manga art looks trash. If there's something positive to say about this show, it's the nice production. I'm already not looking forward to the cheap drama that will follow all this.
@GakutoDeathGlare Why do you think the manga art/art style looks trash?
Is there something wrong with your eyes?
Does this looks like trash to you?
๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

kisaragi_ekiFeb 12, 4:10 AM
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Mar 2011
Actually this episode was so cute, wholesome, warm, cozy and perfect I don't want to say much. Just that I'm really pleasantly surprised with this anime and its characters. That's all. I'm so happy Itsu and Yuki are a couple now and I can't wait for more sweet moments with them <3

Also I just love how Kyoya and Rin are the best of friends for them and I'm really shipping them too! :3
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Feb 11, 10:04 PM

May 2018
Reply to SouthRzVa
I swear I can't get the appeal of this romance. I was waiting for Itsuomi's reason for liking Yuki and it ended up being your standard "you're so pure/transparent" shoujo reason.
Well... at least production values were stellar this episode.
@SouthRzVa ditto, it's lacking a believable (or at least genuine) love story
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Feb 11, 10:21 PM
Mar 2022
@SouthRzVa
it ended up being your standard "you're so pure/transparent" shoujo reason.

Noelle43 said:
@SouthRzVa ditto, it's lacking a believable (or at least genuine) love story

But itsuomi said "but,now"
before that itsuomi said what he thinks of Yuki.
that's different.
Itsuomi is really in love with Yuki.
What more do you want?
๐Ÿ˜Œ

kisaragi_ekiFeb 11, 11:04 PM
Feb 11, 11:29 PM

Sep 2016
Even anime studio knows what to do in the week of Valentine's Day, lol. I'm also watching another anime named "30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii" which is a BL show. Both studios serve the audience with candy. The recent episodes of both shows made me so satisfied.

Side note, Yuki is just so cute! I don't find myself liking the heroines quite often, but Yuki is just so adorable that you can totally understand why Itsuomi would like to cherish her and made his move so soon.

There're chances that this show can become one of my favorites.
Feb 12, 1:46 AM
Sep 2021
Yuki & Itsuomi are going out & Itsuomi was the one who confessed & it was beautiful.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

127 by Phixiately »»
May 18, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

196 by Hachimitsuchan »»
May 14, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
May 11, 7:24 AM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.