Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 7, 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
Did the studio go broke? So disappointing after the waiting all we got was a clip show and some still images. I suppose him going home and then willingly returning as a pig showed how much he loved her and how even if it was only just as a pig he wanted to be with her. But narratively it made everything in the last couple episodes feel pointless because he just went back to where he was.

6/10
Feb 8, 9:27 AM
Jul 2019
hoping for a sequeal for this anime
so many question are stucked in my mind
and I just want them to be together
Feb 8, 8:42 PM
Dec 2021
amazin anime. numbers
Feb 9, 3:12 PM
Dec 2022
The whole beginning was so emotional, when they had their little fight on Mister Pig staying or not, him and Jess on their date and her telling him she loved him, and their goodbye was really heart-aching! I can't believe when Mister Pig is back in his world, we don't see his face or his real name, but what's cool is that he chronicled his adventures as a novel and that he met people who seemed to have also been reincarnated to Mesteria, and somehow had a way to go back their?? From what they were saying, the people in Mesteria must be in trouble, seeing Mister Pig back, i wonder what's gonna happen now, that is if there's another season!
Feb 9, 3:42 PM

Oct 2010
There is not much to say about the show: budget went brrrrrrrr.
But the story finale itself is so poorly done:
— "Hello, I am a king that keeps monopoly on magic. I will take your GF and continue raising magical girls like cattle. BB HF."
— "Hello, I am back as a pig."
Feb 10, 6:12 PM

Feb 2014
lol wtf... let´s get back to where everything started...

It was as if you restarted a game at the 1st checkpoint but with some of the quests already completed, same itens and knowing the map xD
At least Jess is already in the Capital.

I don´t know... I was expecting a lot that the King could transform him back to human in that world. And sincerely, it was my driving force to keep hooked on in this anime, but in the end my expectations weren´t met at all and that really did hurt my enjoyment/satisfaction with this ending.

At least he -magically- managed to get back to that world and will probably see Jess again and vice-versa. If at least he somehow was back as human that would have paid off.

The show is not bad though cause the story is actually interesting and the characters are likeable and unexpectedly realistic (to an extent I gues), but unfornutely the production value was low.

TechOtakuFeb 10, 7:33 PM
Feb 10, 8:10 PM
May 2018
Just out of curiousity, is one of the other otakus from 12th episode voiced by Sugita?
Feb 11, 5:33 AM

Mar 2016
A simply superior isekai anime with rather good story that shitted so hard by major production issues from animated staffs and studio.

6-7/10

Feb 13, 12:39 AM
Feb 2020
I almost dropped it after the first episode,but I'm glad I didn't because overall, it's been a fun journey with Jess and the Pig. The ending is beautiful and emotional 👍
Feb 13, 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
IDK I'm really disappointed it's yet again a cliffhanger for an anime sequel that may never come instead of a real ending...
Feb 18, 8:09 PM

Feb 2015
Bro what

I was really hoping/expecting something spectacular to happen to one of the main two that would keep them from being separated but I was totally not expecting that he'd actually go back. That said, the people who contacted him to say they also came back from Mesteria was an interesting twist, I thought it would be Jess or a publishing company wanting to print his story or something. And the method they decided to go back is ridiculous to be honest; these people are nuts.

The story is really good in my opinion but the animation quality turned a lot of people off I think. The anime was definitely being carried by the voice performance but damn what great emotional performance it was. I actually want to read the novel now so I can see how the full story comes together, so to that end I guess the anime did it's job.
Feb 21, 6:17 PM
Apr 2022
Meh time waster TBH
Feb 21, 7:49 PM

Oct 2008
That was mostly a slide show at the end, barely any animation at all. The parting was kind of sad. Glad they at least got all of their feelings out. Though, I couldn't get much into the emotional stuff. While they were busy crying about their parting I was too busy thinking how they could have killed the king and reset this world because it was complete shit.

Overall, didn't like this one at all, too dark and depressing for my taste. Things kept getting worse and worse, and it didn't help that the mc was a useless pig.
Feb 25, 1:04 PM
Feb 2018
One of the most boring anime I have ever watched. It's ugly, the animation is meh, MC has no charisma, the rest of the characters are not much different. I don't even care for story, but this one is just terrible. Poor worldbuilding, all characters look plain. Def the worst of the season. It lacks everything. The anime starts bad and it just keeps getting worse.

1/10.
Feb 25, 11:03 PM
Jan 2021
Bruh why they give us an emotional goodbye between the pig and Jess but he actually goes back to Mesteria lol

Anyways, it may not have been the best show but at least it was decent. Was fun seeing something different in an isekai and not the usual OP skill shit.

It’s a 7/10 for me.
Mar 8, 1:36 PM

Mar 2013
Nice world building and all, but there is a serious big flaw, the whole society is build around killing Ysma and not caring / looking away, all to filter the one that are strong (despite being negated magic) and get a good protector that go against society, but after getting to the kingdom they just breed her and let the kingdom send his daughter to the same death sentence ? sure buddy
Mar 12, 3:37 PM

Nov 2016
a great anime if you want something bad for a rainy day...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Mar 23, 2:28 AM
Jul 2021
not bad for me but if i can say something the animation is so low
Mar 31, 10:26 AM

Aug 2022
Buta-san finally returned to his human form.
Then will he really return to the world where Jess is? Unfortunately it doesn't have an answer at this time. Really wondering if this story will continue.

Regardless of whether this is a dream or not, I admit that Buta-san and Jess' journey in another world was extraordinary. They went through ups and downs together, enemies and problems. But they make it to the kingdom and Jess is finally free. WONDERFUL STORY.

Apr 7, 1:35 AM

May 2018
Well, I must say that's one interesting isekai right here. Not the typical overpowered one, but rather an interesting show that gives you an idea about the discrimination and the history of Yethma without overkilling every character at the show.

Hoping they will make a sequel, interested to see if they will be able to get back in Misteria.

Apr 21, 1:40 AM

Mar 2020
It was good but we need more cheater characters xD
Apr 21, 3:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Penteano
The ending was the only that made sense and kept the door open for a continuation that also made sense.
Solid 8/10 show. Good and refreshing writting, not the usual kid stuff in almost every show.
Penteano said:
The ending was the only that made sense and kept the door open for a continuation that also made sense.
Solid 8/10 show. Good and refreshing writting, not the usual kid stuff in almost every show.

I also agree, to me this was a solid show, that grab me attention since the start, at first because I love Jess design and she is someone you feel pity on, then there was this mystery increasing, I never really came to dislike the MC either, if anything I ended up getting a bit more respect of him with time.

Kinda wanted to write on the forums sooner, but I ended finishing the anime in less than two days, it was a very pleasant binge, I expected a worst ending, with no answers to the mystery going on, but we had it all IMO.
So I can say the ending was okay, but it really needs a sequel, I m very interested in seeing this series to its end, and the LN is only at the start of volume 3, and it seems the writer ended the series with 9 volumes, for a thread on the LN forums for this.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series/p03pl86/buta-no-liver-wa-kanetsu-shiro
Dunno if this should be trusted, but it says it adapted till volume 4.

Many people hating this show due their insecurities I feel, the protagonist is OKAY, you are either all snowflakes, or don't really have a D between your legs, sorry but MOST males will at least have some kind of lewd thoughts about a female as attractive as Jess, I respected the MC even more as he was able to respect her and not go for the romance route directly, rather being mature about it and understanding what is supposedly being the best for Jess.

Props for the writing of the series, there is nothing too surreal going on, or the usual tropes, but those hecktrpons or whatever were always fucking creepy and I knew something was wrong with them!!

Nothing too fancy but grounded and memorable airing this was, I m glad I waited till everything was out, waiting would have made me enjoy it less.
It was sad to "Brace" meet that end and I wanted to see more of Noros.

A final word on Jess, her development was well done and it culminated on this final scene with both having an heart on heart with one another, I was invested on that scene (the pig got some nice reward with that bath scene lol).
The reveal of the mystery itself wasn't completely a surprise but was well-handed, I just wish the MC had shared his real name with us, so Jess did not have to call Mister Pig all the time...

8.0/10 = 8
We really need a S2 for this, and for all haters, go have a life, or actually give this show a try with an open mind, it is much better than 6.3 rating it has.

Stuntdrath said:
1 full month to draw 500 still images.

It did notice that after ep8 and with ep9, all the action was very cringy to watch, it is not something good to see, but at least the premise of the show is not action, so I was mostly fine with it, when the plot and characters had me interested.
PlaycoolApr 21, 4:03 AM
May 2, 5:24 PM
Jun 2013
This was one of the absolute worse animes ever made, and the fact that it has anything above 2/10 is an awful standard for all anime
May 22, 10:58 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Kast2
I didn't have high expectations, but in the end it was a pleasant journey.
I'm not optimistic about a second season, which is a shame because in the end the story interests me and unfortunately translations of the source are not available. The manga is blocked from the end of 2022 to like the second/third episode of the anime, for the Light Novel I haven't found any official translations. Too bad.
@Kast2 I found the LN
May 22, 1:50 PM

Sep 2022
iMrJoel said:
@Kast2 I found the LN

? (character limit).

May 31, 8:51 AM

Nov 2019
Honestly very disappointing ending no resolution and felt rushed right at the end. pig manages to go back to modern world but after writing a novel he gets a lot of traction and others who want to visit the other world.

I was expecting a nice wholesome ending where Jess eats half cooked fried chicken katsu and reincarnates into modern Japan. Or something of the sort but it just turned out to be a waste of time to give us this...
Jun 4, 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
This show is so disturbing, it's silent and empty, it seems like there's no life in it. People only stay inside the cities, and anything outside is those ugly monsters and evil hunters, the rest of the people don't travel, like there are no normal people doing normal things like animals. Eerie af, there is nothing but uncertainty and anguish. I felt sick watching this.
Even the music is absent for most of the episodes, there are so many agonizing scenes in a nonchalant way. Everything is so strange and nothing feels right.
Some buildings or inns there is no one inside nor do the owners of the place appear sometimes wtf.
Like Jess household, she lives alone or what, there's no one besides her in a big noble house, ayo I don't think I've seen anything more uncomfortable than this.;
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

43 by ST63LTH »»
May 31, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

32 by ST63LTH »»
May 31, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2023

52 by ST63LTH »»
May 31, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

42 by ST63LTH »»
May 31, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

22 by ST63LTH »»
May 31, 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.