Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 1:45 AM

Jul 2017
Yamada presenting one of her movie tickets to Ichikawa, and him being given a push to watch with her, it's the heart and manga that he's read to make him perform the way he is. And a takoyaki store, which they coincidentally are being seen as an after-school date by Kana who's still improving at her takoyaki craft, Yamada...is still being herself. And her invitation for him to see her model work, she REALLY wants him to feed her unapologetically. But with the movie for Yamada to improve on her acting, he just has to get awakened by her on an awkwardly long kiss scene. Still though, she is still hearty about acting, and Ichikawa wants to keep knowing her better.

Ichikawa being invited to see Yamada's professional work from a distance, it just feels all too wrong. As much as he bought a cake for her, thinking that he'd have a better choice than choosing her, he still chooses to remain alongside her, though that death stare from her manager, everyone gets the misunderstanding that he's her partner. Her manager picking up on Ichikawa's inferiority complex that could hinder her work, Ichikawa makes his boundaries clear.

Still though, who can't resist being close to an actress as refined as Yamada?
Feb 4, 1:56 AM
Sep 2021
Ichikawa is learning about yamada's work, her daily life & they also go on a date. They both have feelings for each other, hope they confess soon & ichikawa is trying his best to stand up to yamada in equal terms.
Feb 4, 3:10 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Dedicating most of this episode to basically a date between Yamada and Ichikawa was the bees knees, and Kana pretty much getting a front row seat for it was great lol, and I totally though the guy lecturing her was her boss until the end of this bit where it was revealed he was a trainee lol. The date didn’t stop there tho, gotta have the movie in there too, and I know Ichikawa mentioned he falls asleep during movies but I figured sitting next to Yamada would keep him wired but that wasn’t enough, waking up during a kissing scene is nice for sure tho lol.

And the last bit focusing on Yamada’s work was really interesting, I don’t think we’ve gotten much on that until now so it is quite the spectacle seeing Yamada being serious and working a job, I get why Ichikawa would get shaken by this. But thankfully these two are so far along now that this wasn’t enough to rattle them too much, really liked how Ichikawa practically dragged Yamada back lol. And in the process we met some new characters including other models/actresses as well as Yamada’s manager who is a bit spooky, but if Yamada is so trusting in him he can’t be that bad. And that last scene on the train was a great place to end on, I think Ichikawa got best shot of the whole shoot lol.
Feb 4, 3:38 AM
Feb 2022
For now it's been the best novel for me, at least in the last few novels we've had. Yamada is also an excellent character, beautiful, does and says what she thinks, likes to eat and her charisma too, the voice actress suits the character a lot.
Feb 4, 3:58 AM

Nov 2010
  • Tall, small face, long and slim limbs and fingers; such person looks adult even she is still young. So, the top model girl thought Yamada cool, and vice versa.
  • The episode ends with embarrassing tone as usual, and then the ED with Ichikawa's sister's happy and sweet face comes. I like the moment.

Feb 4, 4:11 AM

May 2015
NICE! TRAIN SCENE WAS NICE!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 4, 5:04 AM
Oct 2023
Mainstream romance storytelling
Feb 4, 5:43 AM
May 2021
My boy Kyoutarou with the unintentional rizz dropping that line at the end🥰
Feb 4, 5:46 AM

Jun 2016
I love the how the sister gives Kyoutaro shit for wearing his uniform.
Feb 4, 5:59 AM

Jul 2021
once again i'm healed. nothing beats watching this materpiece at the end of a long fuckign week.

i'm so proud of ichikawa for building up the courage to do the things he wants to. slowly but surely he his getting over is inferiroity complex. he already realises what's the issue and is trying to understand and overcome it. i won't lie i completely understood why ichikawa was feeling what he was when he saw anna working with all those people. he was pretty courageous to still face them and sit with them. i think he understood that what matters is that anna wanted him there and nothing else matter.

also the manager didn't miss lol, they ARE ALREADY DATING bruh they just don't know yet haha

makes me so happy to see how much their relationship has progresses and how much ichikawa has grown thanks to everything that has happened. plus he's so considerate and thoughtful about yamada too :)

the "shiritai" part was so good too but like how have they not realised that they both like each other is beyond me. well anime haha but i'm sure it will be all worth it at the end.

looking forward to next episode!

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 4, 6:20 AM
Feb 2021
Weekly dose of peak indeed
Did he ever get to give her that sweet bun?
also the way she lights up when he complimented her, and how he is in turn inspired by her to be better 🥺🥺🥺😍😍😍
Feb 4, 8:18 AM
May 2020
two dates in this episodes, quite the dub
Feb 4, 9:04 AM
Aug 2023
hmm, every time I watch this anime I can't help but think about my first love, the main and I are quite similar emotionally, I'm very self-conscious about my appearance and also often overthink it which makes me very shy when contact with them, but after watching this series I was somewhat enlightened, I regret that that girl is not like the main character I can't express my feelings for her, this anime is very good when it does I reflect on my life a lot and from there there are many lessons for me, I cherish this series, thank Ichikawa for not making the same mistakes as me in the past and bringing happiness to yamada.
Feb 4, 11:06 AM

Feb 2007

I believe that is all I need to say.
Feb 4, 2:15 PM

Feb 2011
when he complimented yamada so non chalantly i shouted LETS GOOOO!!!!

wholesome episode, she's so cute making him hold her hand in front of the staff

cutest pair of the season

Feb 4, 4:16 PM
Jan 2022
wonder if ichikawa is gonna get a job to try and get himself more into "the adult world" he feels like an outsider to.
Feb 4, 4:38 PM

Nov 2013
-fun episode as usual
- there was a date, we got hand holding, we got him feeding her, we saw his sister working, we saw Yamada working
- her manager even knows about him lol
- oh yeah we also saw Anna in another movie (in mc's phone) and he also took a picture of her and called her pretty, nice :p
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 4, 5:02 PM

Sep 2023
Such an amazing episode with so many cute moments! When Yamada made Kyo ask her to go see the movie together, when she switched seats so she could see his face better, when he grabbed her hand to run back to the shoot because he love everything about her, when she strongly grasped his hand in front of the manager, etc etc.

Where did that cake disappear though? Why would they take time to show him buy it and agonizing over it not to mention it ever again...
Feb 4, 6:51 PM
Oct 2019
I seriously can't with Imaginary Kyoutaro flying outside the train LMAO

On theater scene, why there is a mf seating on the very front row seat when there is so many empty seats available?
That person must be a psychopath right?
RIGHT?

Serious question though where is the cake that he bought?
He didn't even give it to her at the end.
WTF
Feb 4, 7:18 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to davidyodo24
I seriously can't with Imaginary Kyoutaro flying outside the train LMAO

On theater scene, why there is a mf seating on the very front row seat when there is so many empty seats available?
That person must be a psychopath right?
RIGHT?

Serious question though where is the cake that he bought?
He didn't even give it to her at the end.
WTF
@davidyodo24 the anime skipped it probably due to runtime limit but here's the answer from the manga

Feb 4, 8:41 PM

Oct 2022
I love how ichikawa is slowly but surely growing through that annoying self-deprecating thought process, one step at a time tho, Yamada still best girl.
Feb 4, 9:14 PM
Jul 2021
Another adorable episode. Ichikawa getting so doubtful of himself can get tiring sometimes but it also makes him so damn relatable.
Feb 4, 10:23 PM

Nov 2022
That manager's eyes looks like he saw some crazy shit in the industry lmao.
Feb 4, 11:54 PM
Apr 2021
I cant with this show man it’s too cute man I caught myself smiling at the end when Ichikawa complimented her nonchalantly without a single thought about it I simply smiled at my boy making progress with himself🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

Kana is such a gem in this show man I love every moment that includes her bc she’s so funny, and her imagining herself being an Oil Tycoon was funny but she looked hot asf tho cant lie👀😮‍💨

Yamada is so cute and adorable with the way she talks her voice actor does such an amazing job acting as Yamada, her mannerisms are so cute to me🥰
Feb 5, 2:02 AM

Oct 2022
Loved seeing a wild Kana show up today & we see her getting scolded by her own trainee lol. That was great.
Feb 5, 2:50 AM
Dec 2023
The episode is a great injection and the feelings of love between Yamada and Ichikawa are getting more and more
Feb 5, 3:48 AM

May 2015
What I love about this romance is the fact the two protagonist really wants to know each other.
Feb 5, 3:52 AM
Feb 2019
"You're her Pride and Joy."
Feb 5, 4:50 AM

Dec 2022
Ichikawa slowly becoming more vocal

This is great progress.
Feb 5, 8:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The date was really cute, especially MC going to see her during her work ahah
Feb 5, 10:36 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to AnimeNerd99
"We're not dating" he says in an episode where they went on a date, to the movies, and to her work.
@AnimeNerd99 because it wasn't official yet
Feb 5, 3:41 PM

Oct 2022
I love seeing Ichikawa become more and more confident. Its not a switch being flipped on. Its a constant uphill battle. He has minor setbacks, but he keeps overcoming them. All of his honesty and taking risks is paying off. I love how every time Ichikawa meets someone that is a part of Yamada's life, they know exactly who he is, the instant they hear his name. "She talks about you all the time." The two of them have been dating for awhile now. They just haven't made it official yet.

Feb 5, 7:02 PM

Oct 2023
Holy Cow, One of the romcom that I love it so far
Feb 5, 8:31 PM

Apr 2019
Cute date episode this week. I like how Kyoutarou is being more up front about his feelings towards Yamada and vise versa.
Feb 5, 11:11 PM

Dec 2022
This whole episode was full of sweet moments, and the best moment was when Yamada woke Ichikawa up at the moment when the kissing scene started.
Feb 7, 9:16 AM
Apr 2022
Imo, this was probably the golden episode for me even though the finale but be better then all of this.
Ichikawa is finally realizing his feeling once again and actually takes the initiative but asking Yamada out on a “date” to go out and watch a movie together.
On the way there, they stop at a Takoyaki shop, where Ichikawa’s sister works and causes even more on screen comedy and havoc haha. Ichikawa starts to question if this is a date which very much feels like so, at one point even Yamada being feed by my Boy.
They went to go watch the movie, and after it Yamada is going on about it even Apologizing to Ichikawa as he seemed bored. Ichikawa being him tho surpises Yamada but telling her “I wanna know more about you” Like thats My Boy right there >:)

The day after the date, Ichikawa got invited to Yamada work photoshoot where he realizes a lot of things once more. Ichikawa already knew Yamada lives in a different world around here, but once he gets to her job he starts to question why he is even there and what he is wearing. Ichikawa leaves to go self reflect for a moment until Yamada shows up (always looking for him :) ) they start to talk about the job until Yamada says to Ichikawa how the job was scary because they are alot of other people more fit than the job than her but she brings up what Ichikawa said about her job and she just couldn’t bring herself to give up (very cute) he just doesn’t see how much his words and influence affect Yamada.
When the Kitamura and Ichikawa start to talk about Yamada, he finds out alot. She’s been under his care for 4 years. Yamada tells him everything about her life including Ichikawa, even telling him He is Yamada’s joy and pride.
But this is one of the parts throughout the whole series besides small bits where Ichikawa really shows how well-mannered and respectful his character his. Kitamura asks him what he thinks of Yamada, he just says he really respects her and you can see on screen he really means it. Ichikawa sees her as a person of respect and you can tell he really looks up to Yamada.
The end scene was probably the cutest in the whole series, it reminded me of Dress up Darling that one scene on the train. Ichikawa shows Yamada a picture he took of her at her job. Yamada being a girl said take one better, but Ichikawa being 100% honest and in the moment with Yamada tells her she looks so pretty and doesn’t realize until after he looked at Yamada what he really said as its his true feelings.

Very cute and wholesome episode 10/10
Feb 7, 10:15 PM
Apr 2023
I hope to see the declaration of both of them this season, so that in a hypothetical 3rd and final season we will see what happens next, like the song in ??? episode of the manga and what comes after, is and will be beautiful to see animated.
Feb 8, 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
haha nice! even the sis of Ichikawa witnessed their Dayto! (date)
omg! it was a privilege for ichikawa to feed takoyaki to Yamada!
OMG! Yamada was so absorbed with that kissing scene! i wonder if she's already fantasizing doing the kiss deed to the person sitting to the right side next to her! lolz
at the work part scene! i just hope no NTR happens with that creepy eyes manager!
at the train part Ichikawa inadvertently complimented Yamada's prettiness! and both looked super excited with eath other!!
5/5.

Feb 8, 1:54 PM

Nov 2018
Ichikawa, Yamada and his sister are just best.
Slowly by slowly Ichikawa comes to know more about Anna and trying to open more to her.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Feb 8, 8:19 PM

Apr 2016
it's too peak how do they do it every week
Feb 9, 7:05 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, this episode was rather nice. First time in a while that I don't feel annoyed by Ichikawa's way of acting.
Need way more Kana screen-time tho. That sister is great.
Feb 10, 7:00 AM
Oct 2019
episode was really cool, but my god, I can't bear not seeing them dating, please get together soon!
Feb 10, 1:18 PM
Jul 2015
Cooked once again
Feb 10, 7:53 PM
Apr 2022
PEAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK MY BOY IS GROWING UP
Feb 11, 1:42 AM
Mar 2018
An episode full of cute, important moments! I've really been loving the quick progression the two lovebirds' relationship's been making; I just wish there were less of those small, easily avoidable misunderstandings.
Feb 14, 12:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That after school date was pure diabetes. The sister's reaction was awesome.

At first I thought that the guy who was the manager was going to be another nasty guy hitting on her but mercifully he's just a manager looking out for his protege. Not that he won
t be an obstacle maybe.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 15, 8:02 AM

Jan 2017
My gosh, these two are cute af
Feb 18, 5:44 AM

Dec 2012
Man.. It just keeps getting better and better

Feb 18, 11:27 AM
Jan 2022
shit is getting better ad better
Feb 27, 1:27 PM
Jan 2024
First official date with ichikawa seeing yamada working for the first time. Another deep and peak episode.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:22 AM

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

26 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

353 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

128 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.