Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 31, 5:17 AM

Jan 2009
if you want to see more eye candy action sakuga then season 2 is better than season 1
Jan 31, 6:23 AM

Feb 2023
Well, you can always start for the most absurd reasons, maybe due to a fan edit you watched, if you want to know what happens next, maybe for your favourite VA, also if you just like the animation or so.

You can always Drop it if you don't like it.
Jan 31, 6:29 AM
May 2021
ChrisBlitz said:
JJk fits everything I should be liking in a shonen but I simply don't enjoy it. I've tried many times but just can't seem to get into it. A possible reason is probably the amount of hype that is in this show. Anyway, this is not a rant, I just wanted to know if I should continue the show because I've heard season 2 has turned haters into lovers for this show.

Also please don't flame saying that "we don't know if you should still watch" or "its just not your type of show" type answers. Try to be respectful;. Again this is NOT a jjk is OVERRATED rant.

Thanks guys

Yea, My girl only watched the season 1 cause I love JJK. She got to season 2 and wanted to watch it cause she like it.
Jan 31, 6:40 AM
Aug 2022
season 2 is like a complete different anime, totally recommended
Jan 31, 7:13 AM
Dec 2023
season 2 is way better
Jan 31, 7:36 AM
Nov 2019
Definitely. Season 2 is where the plot start moving, and is mainly considered the best parts of the whole series. But if you don’t like this season though then you’ll probably won’t feel any different in the later seasons.
Jan 31, 7:37 AM
Jul 2023
season 1 was avarage for me but season 2 is a true masterpiece.if u didn't enjoy season 1,trust me watch season 2.its a little depressing but it's one of the best 23 episodes you can watch
Jan 31, 8:45 AM

Sep 2016
If you like massive massacres then watch season 2, otherwise don't.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 31, 9:37 AM
Mar 2022
Akuyatsun said:
It’s really up to you, season 2 was pretty divisive. There’s a lot of people who weren’t really satisfied with season 1, but loved season 2. And there’s also a lot of people who really liked season 1, but didn’t care for season 2.

I feel that. Story wise I felt season 1 was better, but animation and fight wise I felt season 2 was better (besides for one episode where Todo’s face was drawn all types of wrong, but that would technically be artstyle), overall I throughly enjoy Jujutsu Kaisen as a whole. I can’t wait for season 3, maybe it’ll bring the best of all worlds together, and have the best story, animation, and fights.
Jan 31, 9:54 AM

Jun 2019
I also didn’t enjoy the first season too much, I even dropped it because I didn’t like the clunky animation but that’s another topic. When season 2 started airing I saw from some clips that the animation got way better and it looked really nice and also enjoyable, so I finished season 1 and started season 2 and I have to say it’s a huge jump in quality and I binged all the episodes available and watched it weekly from that point on. It’s worth it for sure, season 2 isn’t a 10/10 for me but a good 8/10 for sure, it’s very enjoyable and has amazing animation and choreography and writing.
Jan 31, 11:06 AM
Mar 2021
ChrisBlitz said:
JJk fits everything I should be liking in a shonen but I simply don't enjoy it. I've tried many times but just can't seem to get into it. A possible reason is probably the amount of hype that is in this show. Anyway, this is not a rant, I just wanted to know if I should continue the show because I've heard season 2 has turned haters into lovers for this show.

Also please don't flame saying that "we don't know if you should still watch" or "its just not your type of show" type answers. Try to be respectful;. Again this is NOT a jjk is OVERRATED rant.

Thanks guys

honestly, yeah, I mean if you’ve seen S1 and 0 you should give S2 a shot as the content from it is better than S1. It just depends why you didn’t like it, If it was the characters or the overabundance of action, you probably won’t like S2 that much more if it all, but if you don’t like the story progression of S1 then you’ll enjoy S2 a lot more
Jan 31, 12:26 PM
Jul 2021
ForeverTraitor said:
Season 2 is where it feels like the plot finally gets going with a big status quo shake-up. It's a lot darker in tone and there's very little levity once you get into the Shibuya Incident proper, it's just non stop fights.

It's hard to talk about without spoiling but the ideal watch order is probably first 5 episodes of season 2, the movie, then the rest of season 2.

That's just the chronological order you can watch the movie whenever
Jan 31, 12:28 PM
Jul 2021
ktg said:
S2 is worse, so no, you won't like it. Worse animation, almost no story, plot holes etc.

at least try to make bait believable
Jan 31, 12:29 PM
Jul 2021
droLmuCehT said:
Akuyatsun said:

Damn dude no need to be an ass about it. Man just asked a simple question, chill out.

yeah people on this site are weirdly hostile when you say you don't like their favourite anime lol

that's everywhere lmao
Jan 31, 12:31 PM
Jul 2021
DGemu said:
I know its hard in current society, but take your eyes of social media and just watch the thing you feel like watching dude.

best advice here.
Jan 31, 1:13 PM
Jun 2021
as someone who has given season 1, a 5 out of 10. season 2 is easily a 8 or 9 out of 10.
Jan 31, 1:45 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to SuntProstMare
droLmuCehT said:
Akuyatsun said:

Damn dude no need to be an ass about it. Man just asked a simple question, chill out.

yeah people on this site are weirdly hostile when you say you don't like their favourite anime lol

no, its the question the problem
ex. i dont like sushi but I recently found this famous sushi restaurant, should i go?

now tell me, what Is wrong with the question?
Simple, why ask other ppl something that you dont enjoy? are you masochist?
@SuntProstMare bro you are taking a simple question way too personally, trust me it is not that deep. You can't ask anything nowadays without offending anyone and people turning into some complicated response. I'm simply curious and it would be cool to get your guy's input. Also, I don't have much time and it is better to get some help from others than taking a risk and wasting time. Thanks for replying tho

This site shouldn't exist if people get offended by everyone's opinions and not letting them come into certain communities.
Jan 31, 2:14 PM
Jan 2024
I’m gonna be honest,looking back i started jjk just because of the hype and gojo lol.When season 2 came out i found myself wondering…what had happened in season one.I remember enjoying it back then but it wasn’t that memorable.Anyways, i started the second season and i totally LOVED IT. For me, that’s where the real story begins.The action,the fights,the feels,everything.So even if you didn’t enjoy the first season i think the second one is gonna be a mind changer.
Jan 31, 2:45 PM

Jan 2019
squeekeez said:
ForeverTraitor said:
Season 2 is where it feels like the plot finally gets going with a big status quo shake-up. It's a lot darker in tone and there's very little levity once you get into the Shibuya Incident proper, it's just non stop fights.

It's hard to talk about without spoiling but the ideal watch order is probably first 5 episodes of season 2, the movie, then the rest of season 2.

That's just the chronological order you can watch the movie whenever

You can, but Gojo and Geto's interactions in the movie are a lot more meaningful if you watched the first 5 episodes of season 2 first.

Jan 31, 5:14 PM
Nov 2022
When i watched season 1 for the first time i thought it was overrated and overhyped and just kinda mid but i wanted to give season 2 a go because of the fact manga readers said it would be really good so i thought why not, i was blown away. It was amazing. Obviously i think in terms of writing its not like there with Vinland saga season 2 but the writing is amazing and the fight are brilliant. Then i rewatched season 1 after i finish season 2 and it gave me a whole new perspective and made me appreciate it way more. So yes i highly recommend season 2, may not be as good as like following along like an episode a week, but it is better than season 1 and has way more depth than season 1. Season 1 is kind of basic shonen but season 2 changes things.
Jan 31, 6:50 PM
Mar 2021
s1 is like an average battle shonen with great animation but s2 is actually better than 90% of shonen

also watch the movie first
Jan 31, 7:04 PM
Jan 2024
Honestly is you really didn’t like season one I do t think you should continue. I’ll admit it’s one of my favorite anime, but how season one went and how it lead to season two I’m not sure it was all that worth it. It’s a very sad and depressing anime and I know it has its upsides, but if it really didn’t click with you with the first season I wouldn’t see a point in continuing it.
Jan 31, 7:48 PM
Sep 2019
Why In The fuck would you keep watching something you dislike?
Jan 31, 8:04 PM
May 2023
Yeah sure. I dislike JJK as a whole but Season 2 had its momently, most people (myself included) enjoyed the Hidden Inventory arc which was the first 5 episodes. Granted the Shibuya Arc has no character development and the fights get boring fast, Season was quite fun to watch for the first half anyway, then things get boring after episode 12-13
Jan 31, 8:05 PM
May 2016
squeekeez said:
ktg said:
S2 is worse, so no, you won't like it. Worse animation, almost no story, plot holes etc.

at least try to make bait believable

It's believable, because it's not a bait.
The MAPPA animators themselves called it out because of its bad animation. The story is obviously non-existent, because it's almost a huge fight during the whole season. And for example Choso noticing that Itadori is his relative plot hole. He noticed it when Itadori died, but Itadori died in S1, so at this point Choso already should have known it, which makes it a plot hole.

Look, it's okay that you don't care about logic, depth and plot holes, but at least don't try to act clever.
Jan 31, 9:24 PM
Sep 2018
i think you should give it a shot, season 2 is pure hype fights, unique powers, and cool characters, its what jjk does best, s1 was basically just an introduction to the world. if you dont like s2 you can probably drop the series everything up to where the manga is now is basically just perma s2. Quality is great and it stays that way but it doesnt really get a lot deeper or interesting plot wise
Jan 31, 9:27 PM
Sep 2018
ktg said:

dafuq? i mean yeah jjks Story is not deep or anything but the Animation, choreography, style is awesome, its not as clean as s1 but it fits the Tone of s2 way more. and please Name some plotholes, the one you mentioned with choso is not one (its explained why he Noticed this time) also maybe try not to spoil something like that in a Post where someone asks if he should Start s2 lmao
Jacky08Jan 31, 9:35 PM
Jan 31, 11:40 PM
Dec 2019
It may not be a "JJK is overrated" rant, but, actually, JJK is overrated.
Jan 31, 11:42 PM
Dec 2019
Sparky6115 said:
I think season 2 is better than the first, it has more build up to its fights and better character writing(arguable). I'd say watch it at least till the tournament arc either way but it would be helpful if you expanded on why you didn't find S1 enjoyable

edit: nvm mal fucked me over op wasn't talking about mha xd

wtf? 💀💀💀💀
Feb 1, 12:39 AM
Dec 2015
Nah fam. Season 2 is far worse. Don't look at the hype. After Episode 5 it's just 20 episodes of fighting and no plot. I was thoroughly bored.
Feb 1, 7:06 AM
Dec 2018
ChrisBlitz said:

Thanks guys

Hey! There is a lot of other opinions in here, so I do not know if mine will add something to you, but let me try to cover as much as I can for you to decide.

1) The story gets better (for me at least). More significant plot twists, good script decisions, and so on.
2) Animation was a big issue for many JJK fans in S2. For me the animation was not an issue. Art DIRECTION was good, but art STYLE decreased. Again, my opinion. Atmosphere was excellent as well.
3) S2 is 5x more fast pacing than S1, it gets way more intense, thus, the probability of you getting more involved with the plot is significant.
4) Characters will surprise you. There are more character development in S2 than in S1.
5) The action will be surprisingly more constant. I personally like this for anime such as JJK. Not all fights are relevant, but they do have consequences, so, on point there.

Based on what you mentioned along the thread, I would say that you should give S2 a try. Cheers!
Feb 1, 11:12 AM
Jul 2022
ChrisBlitz said:

Thanks guys

nah man, life's too short to shit you don't like that doesn't benefit you
Feb 1, 1:46 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Gran_Air
Why In The fuck would you keep watching something you dislike?
@Gran_Air because it might get better?? Just a simple question bro, not an insult to any community or anime
Feb 1, 2:57 PM
Jan 2024
Season 1 is mostly aimed to introduce villains, main characters and allies powers, power system, etc. with a funny and more shounenic way.
Season 2 is the when the plot gets settled. We wont get any sight of slice of life moments. There'll be only pain and suffer for our characters.
Feb 1, 3:54 PM
Sep 2019
ChrisBlitz said:
@Gran_Air because it might get better?? Just a simple question bro, not an insult to any community or anime

No, I’m genuinely curious as to why anyone would keep watching… I see so many people like you that just continue a show and end up hating it. If the show it’s not then it’s not for you, it’s so fucking brain dead to just force yourself to keep watching because “it might be better later” or to know what all the hype is about.
Feb 1, 5:17 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Gran_Air
ChrisBlitz said:

No, I’m genuinely curious as to why anyone would keep watching… I see so many people like you that just continue a show and end up hating it. If the show it’s not then it’s not for you, it’s so fucking brain dead to just force yourself to keep watching because “it might be better later” or to know what all the hype is about.
@Gran_Air hey man, thanks for replying. I do this aruging over this is pretty stupid and doesn't further anything. Maybe I will hate it, but at least I gave it a shot. I don't see why you have to care if you have your own taste. Also shows do get better. for example your logic is tht I should drop steins gate in the first ten eps for being boring, and never even giving a chance to see if its gets better. Everyone watches anime differently and for me I think its perfectly okay to keep watching just to see what the hype is about or to see if it gets better, because it a free medium and its just a hobby. At the end of the day, anime is not that serious to be offended by a simple question. I watch for enjoyment, and sometimes ratings and popularity can be a factor to keep watching as a good standrd if it gets better. Thanks for replying, you seem chill man.
Feb 1, 6:31 PM

Sep 2018
I would say the first season is alright but the second season is when you start really getting into it and the action doesnt stop till the end, I felt like the episodes were 5 minutes everytime they came out I really enjoyed the fights. We gotta ignore the fact that “animation could be better” but this is what we got can’t complaint.
Feb 2, 1:18 AM
Oct 2021
The anime ends in season 1 so I don't know what you're talking about.🥲
Feb 2, 1:20 AM
Dec 2016
Season 2 is significantly better than season 1 (except in terms of animation - which is both in a different style, as well as inconsistent in quality). Watch the JJK0 movie first though.
Feb 2, 3:23 AM

Jul 2021
I slept through season one and I don't really remember it that well but I know that I didn't like it. However season two was great and I really enjoyed it.

Probably worth a shot. It's not like you can't drop it if you don't like it.
Feb 2, 3:28 AM

Jan 2021
For me it's very similar to season 1

Imo if you didn't like season 1, you won't like this too
Feb 2, 3:51 AM
Aug 2013
Yes, season 1 sucks and the first half of season 2 sucks as well. But season 2 gets good like around 8-9 episodes in and then the rest is all hype...but oh boy the first 8 episodes or so were really hard to get through, boring af and nothing really happening
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 2, 3:55 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to Kappa1504
as someone who has given season 1, a 5 out of 10. season 2 is easily a 8 or 9 out of 10.
@Kappa1504 Idk the first 8-9 episodes were pretty painful and boring to watch, was forcing myself to keep watching without dropping it because it was literally that boring and bad for the first half. Wouldn't rate it that high personally
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 2, 7:04 AM
Mar 2021
do what makes you happy.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 2, 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
If you do not like something, there is no need to force yourself, f the mass
Also, in my humble opinion, season 2 was weaker than season one - again, for me

Feb 2, 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Well I enjoyed season 1 and didn't like season 2, so maybe you'll find yourself in the opposite situation, who knows.
Feb 2, 2:54 PM
Apr 2017
I didn't like the S2... I got bored to dead watching it. And almost the same with S1 so... You can try and if not, just drop it. A little sad here because I keep it to the end waiting for something to love of it like everyone else did... Lesson learned.
WordsanFeb 2, 2:58 PM
Feb 2, 8:06 PM
Aug 2023
yeah you should watch it

Season one felt very boxed in and fairly straightforward in plot and storyline, season 2 adds a whole new layer of debt and thus adds to the value of the things that happened in season 1.

Season 2 is the main entree, while season 1 is like an appetizer, so if it doesn’t suit your liking, maybe the entree will.
Feb 2, 9:42 PM
May 2016
Reply to Jacky08
ktg said:

dafuq? i mean yeah jjks Story is not deep or anything but the Animation, choreography, style is awesome, its not as clean as s1 but it fits the Tone of s2 way more. and please Name some plotholes, the one you mentioned with choso is not one (its explained why he Noticed this time) also maybe try not to spoil something like that in a Post where someone asks if he should Start s2 lmao
@gazelle2580 The animation was relatively weak. I mean, it is not bad compared to an average show, but JJK was not an average show. So I'm comparing it to big titles and JJK fails miserably compared to them. We are talking about a show where even the animators mentioned that this is not a good animation.
Choreography was also nothing special. The problem with really powerful characters that you don't have a lot of option, because the environment does not matter in the fight. Like do you really care if they throwing mountains or buildings at each other? That's the variety you are looking for in a fight? This was already a problem with Dragon Ball during the Buu Saga and JJK did not learn from it. The best choreographed fights are usually at low power level, like Stranger (2007) or a more recent example is Thorkel vs Thorfin (+Askeladd) from Vinland Saga S1.
And the art style is worse than it was in S1. It became more goofy that definitely does not fit S2. We needed a more serious art style if they actually wanted to match the tone, but we got a more cheerful one.

Plotholes:
Feb 3, 7:46 AM
Sep 2018
ktg said:
@gazelle2580 The animation was relatively weak. I mean, it is not bad compared to an average show, but JJK was not an average show. So I'm comparing it to big titles and JJK fails miserably compared to them. We are talking about a show where even the animators mentioned that this is not a good animation.
Choreography was also nothing special. The problem with really powerful characters that you don't have a lot of option, because the environment does not matter in the fight. Like do you really care if they throwing mountains or buildings at each other? That's the variety you are looking for in a fight? This was already a problem with Dragon Ball during the Buu Saga and JJK did not learn from it. The best choreographed fights are usually at low power level, like Stranger (2007) or a more recent example is Thorkel vs Thorfin (+Askeladd) from Vinland Saga S1.
And the art style is worse than it was in S1. It became more goofy that definitely does not fit S2. We needed a more serious art style if they actually wanted to match the tone, but we got a more cheerful one.

Plotholes:

Bruh the animators just said they could have and wanted to make it even better if they had gotten more time and there were moments where you can see they had to make some quality Drops (with Details etc) because of time crunch, which happens in nearly every anime just because of the Industry. if you dont like the Animation style ok but it is animated very well, just because it doesnt look like vinland saga or demon slayer or whatever doesnt make it bad. Also dont comparing dbz fights to jjk, it makes no sense, yes 2 of the fights of jjk s2 were 'high scale' where the environment didnt play a big role but if you dont get why then I cant help you. and if you dont think the choreography of yuuji vs choso was not good then ok no point in arguing with you.
Jacky08Feb 3, 7:59 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.