Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 20, 3:50 PM

Jul 2015
This is SAO, but done right, without bullshit harem and horrendous cast of characters.

Jan 20, 4:04 PM

Sep 2014
with the difference beeing that SAO is actually sort of unique and was a trendsetter at its time. This is just an adaption following already established trends, so I guess the korean take on reverse isekai is not that common as anime yet
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 20, 4:19 PM

Oct 2021
SAO is much better than this shit my guy. And SAO is barely a 7/10 anime.
Jan 20, 4:37 PM

Nov 2023
I already knew I was done with it after the short exposition scene in the first episode where a guy explains things to another guy who already knows and volunteers information about the topic. From what little character writing I was able to see, the characters are about as flat as a pancake that has been set in the middle of a 100 book tall stack of textbooks.
Jan 20, 4:38 PM
May 2021
SAO is trash. Dont respect Sung Jin Woo , to midkito. Touch grass btw.
Jan 20, 4:50 PM
Feb 2023
Well atleast this thread is drawing all the bait accounts out
Jan 20, 4:57 PM

Apr 2022
both are mid and both have one arc each which i found decent lol but i can't even remember atm why i found the solo leveling one decent, it's been a while.
Jan 20, 5:17 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to EdgyLord666
SAO is much better than this shit my guy. And SAO is barely a 7/10 anime.
@EdgyLord666 How SAO is better than SL ??? Because it's gets divert for its main plot and the MC deside to make family ? Or because of incest and Harem ?
Jan 20, 5:20 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to Spheromancer
You see, the difference is that Solo Leveling is fun to read from beginning to end.
@Spheromancer

It's even worse than SAO, to be honest SAO does have some suspense sometimes, and more interesting secondary characters.
SL is pretty bad in almost every single things. Bad story, inexistant secondary characters, no world building, almost no tension because god edgy dark sasuke is so cool that he will change everything everytime (okay Kirito is the same, but he struggles more).

Both are kinda bad or meh, but SAO was here before the others in his own genre.
Jan 20, 5:32 PM

Sep 2016
So it's good, got it. Thanks for the insight bro.
bruh
Jan 20, 5:34 PM
Sep 2018
Your profile is very questionable, it makes me think you're troller or something.
Jan 20, 6:13 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Ionliosite2
Comparing this hot pile of trash with SAO is dumb in the first place, SAO is an absolute masterpiece in comparison to this abomination.
@Ionliosite2 I disagree the allmighty lonliosite on this take.
Jan 20, 6:42 PM
Sep 2021
kyo_1 said:
Furuhashi1 said:

SAO is the Goat STFU

i won’t even get into the incestuous ships/implications or the sexual harassment in the show. The pacing was worse than atrocious at times, the characters were generic and the overall show was just bland. At least the SL author put some thought into their writing, can’t say the same for SAO

Criticizing a show for having sexual assault is the dumbest thing ever lol
Jan 20, 6:44 PM
Sep 2021
the shows aren't similar in any way but it's extremely funny watching anime fans going hype mode for this yet say stupid shit about SAO for similar reasons, even if they're not similar

then again people's get their opinions by being sheep and regurgitating sheep-like incorrect opinions about both series so............
Jan 20, 6:50 PM
Jul 2021
Saimatsu_Fan said:
kyo_1 said:

i won’t even get into the incestuous ships/implications or the sexual harassment in the show. The pacing was worse than atrocious at times, the characters were generic and the overall show was just bland. At least the SL author put some thought into their writing, can’t say the same for SAO

Criticizing a show for having sexual assault is the dumbest thing ever lol

???? I just don’t wanna see SA when watching a show it ain’t that weird. And i’m a sheep because i like one show over the other? I like the pacing more in SL than in SAO, so that makes me a sheep? You can’t say i’m a sheep when i started reading the manhwa over 4 years ago when it wasn’t even finished
Jan 20, 7:01 PM

Aug 2011
If anything it reminds me way more of I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too and bit of wackyness from overlord.

Jan 20, 8:14 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@EdgyLord666 How SAO is better than SL ??? Because it's gets divert for its main plot and the MC deside to make family ? Or because of incest and Harem ?
@ZXEAN SAO is better in literally everything aside from one, and that's how to handle a sexual assault scene. Although SL doesn't have any SA, but that's still better than a bad execution of it.
Jan 20, 8:47 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to EdgyLord666
@ZXEAN SAO is better in literally everything aside from one, and that's how to handle a sexual assault scene. Although SL doesn't have any SA, but that's still better than a bad execution of it.
@EdgyLord666 Are you a Solo Leveling Manhwa reader ?
Jan 20, 9:30 PM
Aug 2021
Dije said:
@Thunder_lol This show it's not well written. My friend wrote to me what happens in the epilogue of the story (so after continuous events in which the protagonist becomes more and more OP in increasingly ridiculous ways). I'm putting it under spoilers so if you want to get an idea of the kind of narrative atrocities that exist

Yes, the very end I'd an aweful cop out but the actual story is better than most power fantasy.

At the end of the day, apart from the very few exceptional anime nobody watches them for their high quality stories.
Jan 21, 12:13 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@EdgyLord666 Are you a Solo Leveling Manhwa reader ?
@ZXEAN yes, only the main story tho, still not in the mood to read his kid story.
Jan 21, 12:19 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to EdgyLord666
@ZXEAN yes, only the main story tho, still not in the mood to read his kid story.
@EdgyLord666 WoW you completed the Manhwa and now watching the anime despite knowing that Solo Leveling isn't worth your time lol.
Jan 21, 12:24 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@EdgyLord666 WoW you completed the Manhwa and now watching the anime despite knowing that Solo Leveling isn't worth your time lol.
@ZXEAN when did I say "it's not worth my time"?
Jan 21, 12:43 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to EdgyLord666
@ZXEAN when did I say "it's not worth my time"?
@EdgyLord666 So you enjoy Solo Leveling ? Good to know.
Jan 21, 12:49 AM

Aug 2008
Never listen someone, watch or read yourself. He had a reason why he needed to get strong and without that he could not hold the immense power was given to him. I wont spoil you. I learn watching animes, reading mangas/light novels or nimes to never listen what xand y say... we think different.
Are a lot of manwha/ manhua with same concept, SAO is eh... but lol... each have their distinct story
The spider is watching
Jan 21, 1:06 AM
May 2020
Dije said:
@Thunder_lol This show it's not well written. My friend wrote to me what happens in the epilogue of the story (so after continuous events in which the protagonist becomes more and more OP in increasingly ridiculous ways). I'm putting it under spoilers so if you want to get an idea of the kind of narrative atrocities that exist

What's so bad abt that? it was well done
Jan 21, 1:11 AM
May 2020
Chronon said:
Dije said:

Of course it's not well written. The basic idea of levelling up was interesting though not unique. But Later on it turned into an awfully repetitive plot. The pace was inconsistent and the power-system was ridiculous. The characters were disposed of just to make SJW look strong. The epilogue was a poor attempt to patch things up a bit.

SAO comparatively had more variety in the story.

Dud it's nothing like SAO even the system was training wheels for SJW we all know he will be the strongest in the end
But what interest us is how
Battle after battle how the world thought that those other people are top tier yet he stomped on them after all that u be like he is the strongest then introduced the monarchs well shit he not that strong then u realize the same system making him stronger is not letting him get his full potential
Jan 21, 1:19 AM

Jul 2014
this is just another mediocre isekai, and before you quote me to say but it's not le isekai... yes it is, everyone knows what the vast majority of people refer to as isekai.
Jan 21, 2:43 AM

Mar 2023
This bait thread is very successful.
Jan 21, 3:09 AM

May 2018
Other than having this game system, which any isekai has nowadays, it has nothing to do with SAO.
Comparing this to SAO is offensive. Not even the protagonists are similar, Kirito may be strong, but he is not an invincible OP. He loses and fails a lot and is full of trauma.
SL is just a power fantasy with a cool OP protagonist
Jan 21, 3:12 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@EdgyLord666 So you enjoy Solo Leveling ? Good to know.
@ZXEAN there are many ways to enjoy a bad series.
Jan 21, 3:31 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah, after three episodes it is nothing like SAO.
MC is not a soulless Gary Stu, who makes every female wet, is initially weak and struggles, his growth in strength is properly explained, he has motivations to carry on etc.

Jan 21, 4:20 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to EdgyLord666
@ZXEAN there are many ways to enjoy a bad series.
@EdgyLord666 So Solo Leveling is a bad series and some how it end up being the highest rated manhwa on MAL. LoL!
Jan 21, 7:05 AM
Aug 2013
Dude don't scare me like that I thought this was an isekai for a moment
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 21, 7:06 AM
Aug 2013
Dude don't scare me like that I thought this was an isekai for a moment
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 21, 7:35 AM
Jun 2022
Furuhashi1 said:
kyo_1 said:

i’m fine with you not liking SL but saying SAO is better is a crime

SAO is the Goat STFU

Bro said my mind and heart 😂
Jan 21, 2:25 PM
Nov 2021
Dije said:

that make 176 chapter never excited
they are just bunch of memories
Jan 21, 3:02 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Piromysl
Yeah, after three episodes it is nothing like SAO.
MC is not a soulless Gary Stu, who makes every female wet, is initially weak and struggles, his growth in strength is properly explained, he has motivations to carry on etc.
Piromysl said:
MC is not a soulless Gary Stu

lol, lmao, he definitely is, and one even worse than Kirito can ever hope to be framed as
Jan 21, 3:43 PM
May 2020
Cool bot account you got there
Jan 21, 4:33 PM

Jul 2017
Don't know about that but both are incredibly boring. SAO's world seemed more promising but it completely rushed through everything with the start. Solo Leveling's slower and a bit more focused with building the world but it's a vacuum of charisma and fun, characters and the story feels completely soulless so far. Neither are for me.
Jan 21, 7:56 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@EdgyLord666 So Solo Leveling is a bad series and some how it end up being the highest rated manhwa on MAL. LoL!
@ZXEAN nfw you want all people to agree with MAL rating.
Jan 21, 8:16 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to EdgyLord666
@ZXEAN nfw you want all people to agree with MAL rating.
@EdgyLord666 No but I will take 270,000+ users opinion more serious than yours.
Jan 21, 8:56 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@EdgyLord666 No but I will take 270,000+ users opinion more serious than yours.
@ZXEAN that's totally cool, whether you follow the majority taste or have your own, nothing wrong about that.
Jan 21, 9:27 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to EdgyLord666
@ZXEAN that's totally cool, whether you follow the majority taste or have your own, nothing wrong about that.
@EdgyLord666 I have my own opinion but my point is that I will take MAL's rating over any random's opinion. I find 100s of people on Twitter like you trash talking about SL and any other mainstream anime everyday, I am kinda use to it.
Jan 21, 11:30 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@EdgyLord666 I have my own opinion but my point is that I will take MAL's rating over any random's opinion. I find 100s of people on Twitter like you trash talking about SL and any other mainstream anime everyday, I am kinda use to it.
@ZXEAN cool, to me, MAL rating is as trustworthy as any random's opinion.
Jan 22, 12:37 AM

Jul 2020
agreed, in episode 3 it's become apparent this is just another SAO ripoff
not saying it's good or bad but denying the obvious similarities is meaningless at this point
Jan 22, 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Thunder_lol
You can say this is SAO if it's well written
@Thunder_lol I'm afraid this phrase is used so often in relation to MMO anime that you could soon create its own sub-genre of "SAO clones done well".
Jan 22, 10:23 AM
Mar 2023
kyo_1 said:
Dije said:

i agree with some things, other things not as much. First of all, never compare this show to SAO. The only reason your saying this is because both shows have a similar nature to one another and your friend told u that the manhwa is bad. How about reading it before you make a decision or don’t comment on things you have no clue about. And about that thing under the spoiler tag:

Lastly, this is talking about the reasons he got stronger and why they aren’t dumb at all

finally someone who I can agree to in here
Jan 22, 10:23 AM
Mar 2023
kyo_1 said:
Dije said:

i agree with some things, other things not as much. First of all, never compare this show to SAO. The only reason your saying this is because both shows have a similar nature to one another and your friend told u that the manhwa is bad. How about reading it before you make a decision or don’t comment on things you have no clue about. And about that thing under the spoiler tag:

Lastly, this is talking about the reasons he got stronger and why they aren’t dumb at all

finally someone who I can agree to in here
Jan 22, 4:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
just realized that they're both by A-1 pictures

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 31, 2:57 AM

Sep 2016
Agreed, it's just as mediocre and overhyped as SAO was back then.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

28 by OroficB06 »»
Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.