Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 20, 4:42 PM

Jan 2023
"I... want to be... her boyfriend."

ICHIKAWA EEEEEEE THE FEELINGS ARE CHANGING
Jan 20, 5:27 PM

Sep 2020
This was peak, it can only go down from here
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Jan 20, 5:28 PM

Apr 2022
get moeko off the screen jeez. so yamada's dad is benimaru, had the red glare in his eye and everything.
Jan 20, 5:35 PM

Nov 2011
Kyou's sister has been pretty important throughout this series so far but this episode really showcased how important she is for Kyou's development. It also showed how good siblings they are since he can Confide in her.

I think the anime did a great job expressing it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 20, 5:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And I thought the last house visit was the house visit to end them all, turns out there was a hidden boss lol. Man this was such a good one, here we ended up getting a true introduction to Yamada’s family than just teases, it was funny how her mom was interested in the fake relationship Moeko and Ichikawa briefly had, and Yamada’s dad being a gamer was a wholesome reveal, I had a feeling that was the case when I noticed the shirt he was wearing had the PlayStation buttons with the correct colors even. But hey, a gamer dad means Ichikawa is already in with him on that basis alone, I kinda wish we got to see more of that but perhaps we will in the future, and it was also hilarious how Moeko was struck at how hot he was when the bangs were out of the way lol.

And Ichikawa is still getting life coaching from his imaginary handsome lad, we also got that visual of Ichikawa with a pregnant Yamada which caught me off guard lol. And that totally secret chocolate exchange behind the curtain was very cute, I do wonder if anyone saw that. And the final scene between Ichikawa and his sister Kana was the cherry on top of this absolute cake of an episode, we got that visual of Ichikawa with a harem thanks to Kana lol, and she ended up being the one to get Ichikawa to vent his feelings out about Yamada, a big moment for sure, now I just wonder how I’m going to continue to be wowed by what this show keeps dishing out because this is looking to be another 10/10 season so far!
Jan 20, 6:01 PM

Nov 2013
- visiting Yamada's house, this time without hiding
- Moeka sure was having fun pretending to be his girlfriend lmao good thing it was cleared up
- his father is scary, but i guess he just wanted to play games
- Kyo is already known as Yamada, no need to change name after marriage LOL
- Kyo is sure about his feelings for Anna, so time to at least try to enjoy his time with her while he can
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 20, 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
TOO MUCH PRECIOUS, I CAN'T HANDLE HOW CUTE THEY ARE!!!!

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Jan 20, 6:31 PM

Jun 2023
This is what happened after I watched the episode

Jan 20, 6:56 PM

Sep 2023
I love this soo much, I wish I could give it 6*!

Why is Yamada papa such a creep? Probably because he's a gamer -> anime logic xD he even has a playstation shirt... It sure is convenient for our MC that she got used to gloomy creeps!

Kyo-chan even got the confidence at the end to tell Anna not to give chocolate to the other boys, ara ara!
Jan 20, 7:06 PM

Jul 2016
The amount of second-hand embarrassment this episode made me feel... those last 5 or so minutes kinda saved the episode tho.

And no shit. Yamada's dad is Benimaru from Fire Force lol.

Pregnant Yamada frame was cursed for sure.
Jan 20, 7:52 PM

Oct 2022
The side character girl friends are such good wing women for Ichikawa and Yamada .
Jan 20, 8:07 PM

Dec 2022
This arc is dope. The dad, the lies, the sexual tension... So intense.
Jan 20, 8:19 PM

Nov 2010
• "Are you having fun?  Having funnn?"   it's scary~. 
• It was a nice episode that is full of Yamada's mom. 
Jan 20, 8:24 PM
Apr 2023
I love this episode. The reaction for Anna Father is too funny. And for our CHAD Kyotaro, this part is best.
Jan 20, 8:24 PM

May 2021
Am starting to dislike this show. First season, them being so awkward to each other was kind of cute and expected. But a sizable amount of time has passed and people are still incapable of forming complete sentences. It's getting old and annoying.
Jan 20, 8:29 PM

Oct 2022
Kobayashi is so lost, she can never read the room. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Jan 20, 8:51 PM

Nov 2022
Ichikawa's reactions this episode were hilarious. Namely Moeko telling him that Yamada's mom was strict, and when his sister teased him about Yamada and he spit out his drink calling it a "stereotypical reaction."

Honestly, the look that Yamada's mother gave Ichikawa would have sent chills down my spine. I'm surprised Ichikawa stayed that long and then decided to come back after contemplating on leaving.
Jan 20, 9:12 PM

Jul 2021
absolutely loved this episode. nothing beats watching bokuyabai at the end of the week.

it was so nice to see ichikawa having confidence in himself and it was so cute how he didn't want to lie to anna's mom about how he wasn't actually going out with moeko. bro has started to believe he has a chance, he just needs to act a bit more and find out how he always had it.

the sibling convo was just lol. he admitted it to himself yaay

loved the last part where ichikawa didn't want anna to give chocolates to any other guys. man they've already progressed so much like it is so apparent that they both have feelings for each other. but well it is always the ones who like each other that are unable to pick up if the other one likes them or not even if the signs are there i mean fear of rejection and the fear of ruining what they already have is more than enough to not want to confess. i hope they get over all this and we get a confession soon as you won't get anywhere unless you are vulnerable like that. no close relationships are born unless the people involved in that relationship are ready to be vulnerable around each other.

10/10 episode as usual. can't wait to watch next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 20, 9:17 PM
May 2021
love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 20, 9:25 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to MeanEYE
Am starting to dislike this show. First season, them being so awkward to each other was kind of cute and expected. But a sizable amount of time has passed and people are still incapable of forming complete sentences. It's getting old and annoying.
@MeanEYE Yamada and Ichikawa talk all the time. They're just willfully ignoring the very obvious signs that they like each other.
Jan 20, 9:41 PM

Oct 2022
My man is finally getting the confidence to go after his girl, I feel like a proud dad watching my kid grow.

Jan 20, 9:45 PM

Dec 2022
They're surprisingly mature for being in middle school.
Jan 20, 10:05 PM

Mar 2008
The grin is real, My face hurts!
Jan 20, 10:28 PM

Oct 2022
Ichikawa's growth is very evident and I like his character for that, not like the other mc's that takes foerever to figure out what they want.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 20, 10:31 PM

Dec 2022
Yamada's dad and Ichikawa already have a special bond hahaha... He'll definitely be accepted once he confessed to Anna soon. I'm happy at the end that Ichikawa is starting to speak out his mind and tell her that she's his alone.
Jan 20, 10:37 PM

Jul 2008
This story is SO lovely… ^//w//^
My candies:
Jan 20, 10:38 PM
Jul 2015
Proud of him for speaking his feelings
Jan 20, 11:31 PM

Oct 2022
Yamadad is one big boi. Dude had to duck down to walk through a normal-sized doorway!

The progression in this series is really good. Ichikawa is finally accepting his own feelings; I sense great things to come.
Jan 20, 11:33 PM

Jul 2014
I’ve been really down lately, life is hard but watching this anime really takes me away from that feeling even only for a short moment. The dangers in my heart is something really special. Outside of the hot model like beauty that is Yamada falling for the gloomy not so special Ichikawa aside, everything feels so natural. A very sweet not over the top coming of age romcom that we don't really see so much nowadays.

Well now we know how Yamada towers almost everyone in her year, girl’s dad genes go crazy. Episode had a lot of great and fun moments but the highlight for me was the whole Ichikawa playing games with YamaDad and Anna with her mom joining in.

I love the natural development of their relationship. Ichikawa slowly gaining confidence and Yamada pushing in more and more. I haven’t read the manga and Im glad I haven’t yet. I know the manga is still on-going and its a little early but I hope we get a full adaptation of this down the road.
Jan 20, 11:48 PM

Dec 2022
Feels like Yamada's Dad is just the adult version of Ichikawa.

I am sure Yamada got extra chocolates so he wouldn't be digging into the ones for the actual making, the girl knows her habits afterall.

Jan 21, 12:00 AM

Nov 2022
Sekine best girl and wingwoman. Felt bad for Anna though.

Never expected her dad to be a gangsta gamer lmao. Dude already sees Ichikawa as his son-in-law too. Actual chad.

That last scene was so adorable too.
Jan 21, 12:15 AM

Sep 2018
I dunno, there's just something about this duo that I just really enjoy watching, they might be my favourite ship since Takagi and Nishikata. It strikes the perfect balance between groundedness and extravagance for me, the comedy and wholesome/romantic moments between the pair are wonderful, the development is ever-increasing, the chemistry between the cast is excellent, I really look forward to Sundays episode every week.

Probably going to be my Winter 24 AOTS
GakutoDeathGlareJan 21, 12:18 AM
Jan 21, 12:17 AM

Apr 2023
Know what! Ya'll can watch SL (Solo leveling) I'm good here

Jan 21, 12:49 AM
Jan 2024
great episode. anna's dad seems cool!
Jan 21, 12:57 AM

Jul 2011
MeanEYE said:

For me even 1st season got annoying after couple of eps.
Using the same jokes/situations/tropes/etc over and over again from episode to episode and with barely any progress gets boring/annoying at the end.
If creator has not much to tell better make it a short story instead of stretching to 100+ volumes of manga or couple of anime seasons imo
But then again, it's Japan, where people love to make everything to the extreme regardless how good, bad, weird or boring it is ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
Jan 21, 1:03 AM

Oct 2022
Yamada’s mom definitely knows what’s up between Anna and Ichikawa.
Jan 21, 1:10 AM

Dec 2022
I love Ichikawa and his sister's relationship. Nothing weird, just two normal people that are siblings.
Jan 21, 3:04 AM
Jun 2020
nick_el_son said:
MeanEYE said:

For me even 1st season got annoying after couple of eps.
Using the same jokes/situations/tropes/etc over and over again from episode to episode and with barely any progress gets boring/annoying at the end.
If creator has not much to tell better make it a short story instead of stretching to 100+ volumes of manga or couple of anime seasons imo
But then again, it's Japan, where people love to make everything to the extreme regardless how good, bad, weird or boring it is ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯

clearly you haven't read the manga
Jan 21, 3:04 AM

Jul 2019
That shot of the Yamadas and Kyoutarou in the couch made me feel happy.

Yamada's mom is crazy hot btw.
Jan 21, 3:05 AM
Jun 2020
MeanEYE said:

just don't watch it then, it's that easy ๐Ÿคท
Jan 21, 3:10 AM
Apr 2022
COME ON ICHIKAWAAAAA DATE HER ALREADY ENOUGH OF THIS LOVE ROMANTIC SCENE AHHHH IM SICK ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Jan 21, 3:19 AM
Jul 2020
I knew her Dad would like him! I wonder what will happen when he find out about the gym clothes tho. Also is it just me or was Yamada's mom being hostile to ichikawa because she was thinking that he wanted yamada, but she knew her daughter wanted the son of that mother she spoke with (Ichikawas mother). When she found out he was Ichikawa she started being friendly to him. Also it was really sweet when they were on the couch playing the game.

Jan 21, 3:25 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to coreynj
Damn Anna's dad is Toji from JJK
@coreynj Now that i think about it they seem kinda similar (physically), also i think if we saw toji with his family the moments would feel the same as well. Also first time i see somebody with more watch time then me.

Jan 21, 4:48 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was just godly, the moment when yoshida snaped because moeko was taking it too far and was making yamada upset. God tier friend. The family also finally met Ichikawa and the father was just heartwarming wanting to just play games with ichikawa, the scene where he wanted to ask his gamer tag was just adorable. And not to mention where ichikawas's sister was god tier imouto giving ichikawa love lessons where then ichikawa reponds that he will always like yamada. The final scene was heartwarming af where ichikawa just asks yamada if she could avoid giving the choclates to the other guys
Jan 21, 5:37 AM

Jul 2022
Valentine's Day is approaching, and Ichikawa ends up going to Yamada's house again, but this time to make chocolates with Yamada's other friends.

Poor Ichikawa becomes suspicious to Yamada's mother, but Moeko resolves it by saying that Ichikawa and she are dating. Although Yamada doesn't like this, the atmosphere changes significantly. Unfortunately, Kobayashi doesn't seem to notice, and it's a bit pitiful as everyone is growing up, and she remains the only one still acting like a child.

Ichikawa decides to tell Yamada's mother the truth, that he and Moeko are not actually a couple. However, this doesn't end here, and Yamada's father makes an appearance. Despite appearing intimidating, he turns out to be just a gamer, so there isn't much of a problem. In fact, he even wants to play video games with Ichikawa.

In the end, everything goes well, and Yamada's parents have a good impression of Ichikawa. Now, we'll have to see if there's a possible confession since Ichikawa admitted he wants to be Yamada's boyfriend. I'm very excited.
Jan 21, 5:48 AM
Oct 2018
Finally get to know Yamada's father a little bit.. He looks chill :D
Jan 21, 5:50 AM

Oct 2011
love the conversation with his sister at the end...
nice, for a change, to see a MC in a slice of life sincerely talk about his feelings with his sister, instead of blush and negate any insinuation that he likes the girl he likes
Jan 21, 6:08 AM
Apr 2023
Yamada-s Dad VA is Reiner, so hes still a titan in this series

Yamada is doing the same thing her mom did, get with the loner gamer guy, so she understands too
Jan 21, 6:10 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to fathandz
Yamada’s mom definitely knows what’s up between Anna and Ichikawa.
@fathandz the mom got with the loner gamer type so the daughter is doing the same thing
Jan 21, 6:39 AM
Feb 2021
Anna's dad is on fire, is simpley my fevorite characters of the series
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
Today, 8:22 AM

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

26 by Gator »»
Today, 8:19 AM

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
Today, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

353 by Gator »»
Today, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

128 by Gator »»
Today, 7:31 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.