Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2023 3:52 PM
Jul 2021
This three OVA's felt super flat, boring meh. I hope this is not a sign of things to come in S3. But we already know that Rimuru is not going to be the main focus of next season, for whom is going to be the real MC we only need to see at the poster for S3 to see who's the "real MC".

Goodbye Rimuru you had a good run, but this is 2023/2024 and it's all about yeeeessss quuuueeeeennnn slay that Dragon qqqquuuuueeeeennnn! Bleh!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 9, 2023 2:41 AM

Sep 2012
who was that frozen chick that Valentine was looking at?
Dec 9, 2023 2:42 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Dawizz
This three OVA's felt super flat, boring meh. I hope this is not a sign of things to come in S3. But we already know that Rimuru is not going to be the main focus of next season, for whom is going to be the real MC we only need to see at the poster for S3 to see who's the "real MC".

Goodbye Rimuru you had a good run, but this is 2023/2024 and it's all about yeeeessss quuuueeeeennnn slay that Dragon qqqquuuuueeeeennnn! Bleh!
@Dawizz season 3 will be good again, side stories are often like that
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 PM

Dec 2020
So it takes place after the first set of OVAs and before S2 while the second the last scene mentioned events during S2 and then the ending scene is things to come with some sort of future sight thing?

It was fun and enjoyable but fast and short. With Valentine appearing alongside those others it feels like it was a lil teaser of what happens next.
Dec 12, 2023 6:43 PM

Feb 2018
Sheesh an appearance of a primordial demon? Rimuru just barely missed the show lol. Wonder what Luminous's situation is with that sleeping girl.

Damn, looks like Violet is cooking something at the end. Randomly showing some other primordial guys too lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Dec 15, 2023 1:31 PM
Apr 2022
slime isekai is MY GOAT anime if you havent watched the show plz watch it its has a great story for every one great cast of characters
Dec 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Jul 2013
Good thing this is on Netflix else I wouldn't have known about it

Jan 4, 7:01 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, so Paul was pretty much set up by Rimuru to become the "Monkey King" (or suppose to be, but dude sucked...)

And we get to see more of Violet (before the movie at least), she seems to be a lot more "evil" here. I wonder what happened to have her "settle down" later.

And Valentine... LOL, so feisty.

Also... the Princess apparently wanted to try courting Rimuru, LOL

But we all know Rimuru would probably reject it anyways, since as a Slime, Rimuru doesn't really have "romantic feelings" Especially since he's "genderless" and can't "get excited up" like a regular dude when they see a "sexy girl"
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 23, 5:42 PM

Apr 2021
very good. Himuru's attitude caused the demon lords to surface. I expected more of a battle, it was so quick. 7/10
Feb 5, 6:24 PM

May 2022
It is impressionnant how Tensura's OVAs, different from other animes, doesn't appeal to fanservice like beach episodes or something like this. Those three episodes worked as a connection to the movie, expanding the world, showing more of the Demon Lord Valentine and the Primordial Demon Violet.
Feb 29, 10:44 PM

Mar 2010
Was a fun binge. I am ready for the next season now. Interesting to see some of the archdemons in action.
Mar 16, 11:27 AM

Aug 2019
vampire lady is good looking. thats all i can say on this ova.

look at benimarus face
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 9:53 AM
Dec 2023
it was intresting to see that there are still some character who are as strong as or stronger then the MC
Mar 26, 9:15 AM

Sep 2018
Hang on, did they really just copy the plot for the movie and re-use it here? Rimuru goes to a new kingdom that'll likely never turn up again, where he finds out strange things are going down. He finds a female member of the royal family who's bedridden from illness, and decides to give her "symptomatic treatment" by feeding her honey, which temporarily cures her. As it turns out, the doctor was the incredibly obvious villain all along, and it was all a plot to help Violet incarnate in a physical body. Alas, the villain screwed up his plan, so Violet kills him and goes back to hanging out wherever she was before. It's shocking how lazy this was.
Mar 29, 1:07 PM
Mar 2021
Rimuru's Satoru "Personality" is too good 😂
Apr 3, 5:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Here at the end already, three episodes isn’t much lol. This last episode was probably the best one, having all the action and the climax of this plot, and of course I enjoyed seeing Luminous appear in person and actually fight, that definitely pleased me since I have been interested in her since the end of Season 2, no idea who that girl frozen in ice is tho. And things happened rather quickly after a decent paced first two episodes, I guess when you only have three episodes for a story arc it’s bound to happen but I definitely would have liked to see more on the feud between the brothers, as well as things happening with the villains behind the scenes. And of course the fights were rather short lived too which is a shame but I guess when you’re up against Rimuru or anyone affiliated with him you aren’t gonna be fighting for long lol. And speaking of Rimuru it was cool seeing him use a form akin to his look before he reincarnated, I really liked that.

And the connection to the movie finally happened with the appearance of Violet and even a tease of Towa and Hiiro at the very end, and with Violet’s appearance it occurred to me how similar this plot is to the movie, I saw somewhere that this was actually supposed to be the movie but I’m not sure how true that is, I’m glad we got this in some form tho as I did enjoy it. And one more thing in regards to Violet, she sure keeps fucking up in regards to her lackeys, in both this and the movie they misunderstood her intentions and paid for it, maybe one day she’ll have a competent enough lackey lol. Also I guess this makes the movie canon huh, or at least anime canon, maybe we’ll see Violet appear in the main show or perhaps they’ll continue her story in more OVAs or another movie, but I guess for now I wait for Season 3 which comes very soon. And lastly, man it is a shame that OP and ED was just for 3 episodes, I liked them both a lot lol.
TheColonel76Apr 3, 5:19 PM
Apr 4, 9:02 AM
Aug 2021
just some slimely adventures, good but too short
Apr 8, 2:50 AM
Oct 2019
Good climax for the OVA.

Paulo was very lucky indeed lol

That after credits scene, now i understand why they releasing it after the movie.

7/10

Now I'm ready for Season 3.
Apr 10, 12:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright thats it i guess. Reply already said enough with this ova. Personally i like this even though its obvious to reuse the movie plot, but more or less still nice to see the future important character having quite a good amount of screen time here, yet that might be not so much....

Question about the girl in frozen still unanswered. Valentine motive pretty much clear enough even though return to the first line, what kind of promise she did to the frozen girl, still unanswered. Violet ofc just want to have a fun, until Diablo stop it at the Scarlet Bond movie. Paulo have a good remarks here, hopefully his character still have a role for the future season....

Overall, really looking forward to see the season 3.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 17, 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
I'll never get why they have to make these mediocre serious filler arcs instead of just some nice SoL comedy specials. Tensura Nikki was much better than this.
Apr 21, 5:50 PM
Jul 2015
what I don't get is the vampire gang at the end of the episode, that really catched my interest
Apr 22, 6:56 AM

May 2015
This was a pretty satisfying end of the OVAs. I think it's great how Rimuru got assisted by another powerful being without even being aware of it. His luck is definitely his strongest boon. So much for his phantom thief disguise, he got found out instantly.

Some more lore and strong forces got hinted at the very end, I'm interested to see what'll be revealed!
Apr 27, 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
Reply to OweynLupton
Hang on, did they really just copy the plot for the movie and re-use it here? Rimuru goes to a new kingdom that'll likely never turn up again, where he finds out strange things are going down. He finds a female member of the royal family who's bedridden from illness, and decides to give her "symptomatic treatment" by feeding her honey, which temporarily cures her. As it turns out, the doctor was the incredibly obvious villain all along, and it was all a plot to help Violet incarnate in a physical body. Alas, the villain screwed up his plan, so Violet kills him and goes back to hanging out wherever she was before. It's shocking how lazy this was.
@OweynLupton Both the movie and this OVA series is based on the same short story. That's why they feel so similar. The only difference is that the OVA is a faithful adaptation, while the movie isn't.
May 7, 12:35 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to MegamiRem
Was the most interesting episode of the ovas. A nice conclusion to this side story and the last part connects to the movie. Would be nice if they included these characters in the main story at some point or even just show them. Maybe Zenobia meeting Shion and Shuna lol, the catfight would be funny.
@MegamiRem agreed would love it. Only thing that got me was was the when Zenobia said she can't marry Rimuru.

Did Zenobia not realize that what her brothers were actually telling her when they mentioned Rimuru becoming a demon lord was "girl go get yourself some demon lord", it's not like they would suddenly be isolated from the world if she married Rimuru multiple human countries have diplomatic relations with Jura Tempest.

It's not like she is the sole remaining royal so everything should be fine, an awakened demon lord makes for a pretty good husband and brother-in-law.
FallanxMay 7, 12:39 PM
May 24, 11:20 AM

May 2019
I didn't know that going into this mini series that it was tied to the movie but since I'm following the timeline by date of release I just watched the movie so the ending scenes made more sense (although it implies that the events here took place before the movie).

There were some unanswered questions such as who was the girl frozen in ice that Valentine was looking at and if the king was being influenced by someone else or if he summoned the archdemons of his own accord. Perhaps this will be revisited sometime down the road but regardless I thought this mini series was good although I still prefer the main series. 7/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 2 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

24 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 23, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 1 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

34 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 22, 10:35 AM

» So does the ending makes movie canon?

GEAR_1 - Nov 2, 2023

19 by Cybertron713 »»
Jan 31, 12:17 PM

» Timeline and Power Scaling

Ghostfeint - Nov 1, 2023

12 by arish504 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:59 PM

» Question about the ending

Embient - Nov 2, 2023

6 by NiaAlexandria »»
Nov 2, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.