Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Returner's Magic Should be Special
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 13, 2023 9:23 PM

Dec 2022
What a slow first episode. We get it, he returned to his past. Get to the action!
Oct 14, 2023 4:41 AM
Nov 2013
this anime has some really good ost. especially the melancholic ost near the end
Oct 14, 2023 10:12 PM
Apr 2016
Read the novel. Absolutely love it
Oct 15, 2023 4:14 AM

Jun 2015
Now that is a banger of an opening
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 16, 2023 9:46 AM
Nov 2017
they murdered the adatation
Oct 17, 2023 10:07 PM
Oct 2018
Nice Prolog - I think this anime can be good.
Oct 25, 2023 2:03 PM
Mar 2023
Desir had it quite difficult for the sake of the plot, not only did he lose Romantica on his journey, who seems to have been the main love interest of the protagonist, but also, in the end, although they won the battle against the dragon, they ended up losing the war. Let's see how she uses the opportunity and if she is going to go for the option of repeating the story to change the ending, or if she will directly change everything taking advantage of her current knowledge.
Oct 25, 2023 7:13 PM
Oct 2019
hmm, obviously nothing overly unique about what happened. mc gets sent back in time, will probably attempt to save his friends (and as many people as he can) by righting wrongs from the past. but what i thought made this a little better than those standard "sent back in time" anime was how he's thrown into this world where, in his "present" life, the biggest obstacle for him isn't really "fixing the past", but dealing with the alpha/beta class and anti-commoner discrimination. THAT intrigues me. how they can incorporate that into his "fix the past" arc. i also found mc's mentor and her hatred of the water mage to be of interest, and how there is some sort of surprise awaiting this entrance exam

i watched the dub. and some of the heroes' voices weren't great haha. but i thought the mc's va did a good job at making the mc sound both "gritty", but also like he is someone who's experienced quite a lot of "loss" in his life. that said, i want to watch the next 2 episodes, so i'll switch to sub and see how it goes
Dec 13, 2023 10:29 PM
Jan 2018
solid episode, hair was a bit wired, dragon looked mid.
Dec 23, 2023 7:56 AM
Dec 2022
Color me impressed. Who would've thought that a regression manhwa would be getting a 2nd season? I'm truly impressed. But seriously though, did the Japanese find it that captivating?
Dec 23, 2023 5:56 PM

Mar 2020
I think what we're not told in this story is that, they put oil on the characters hair is it!!!? 😂🤣🤣
Jan 1, 3:32 PM
Aug 2020
destroyed a good manhwa, I hope they don't do the same with solo leveling
Jan 7, 11:33 PM

Mar 2015
Dragon looks bad, but the story looks promising. Animation quality might be off, but the directing seems decent, I liked the soundtrack they played during key moments. Hoping the animation somewhat improves.
Apr 15, 3:07 AM

Jul 2023
The world is being plaqued by the shadow world, slowly but surely being contaminated in an unhabitable darkness. To stop the spread and save the world 150 million mages sought to clear the shadow world, after a 10 hard fought battle only 6 mages remain to face the worlds boss, a dragon named Brohmier Napolitan. The mages ends up victorious killing the dragon, they reflect on their fallen comrades and think of their future, unfortunately its revealed the dragons heart will self detonate in a powerful explosion, The mages reluctantly accept their fate as they are disintegrated from the blast.|
Desir Arman, One of those fallen heros, is confused and distressed as he finds himself back at his Academy Entrance Ceremony 13 years in the past where The entrance exam is announced to clear an artifical shadow world. Desir is whats known as a "commoner", and at Hebrion Academy such people gets discriminated and unlike nobles, are given a worst education in whats known as the "beta class", whenether or not they do good on the test. He Relives this day as he remeets familiar faces like his mentor Radoria a fire mage (and decent noble), and at the entrance exams desperately looking for someone, when he finds out his previously deceased lover, romantica is now alive, he vows to change the history that enfolded last time.

Adapted from a manhwa, A captivating intro, and a decent animated fight. Consider me interested
RefridgeraterApr 15, 3:18 AM
Apr 16, 1:07 AM
May 2020
Animation quality does not do this story justice, terrible pacing and connection of the manhwa panels. Overall most scenes just felt out of place.
May 12, 11:30 PM
Oct 2020
everyone is talking about how good the background sound track is but where can I find the full version of it, I think it starts at around 9:00 to 11:00 in episode one where the heroes die from the explosion, really liked the cinematic themed music but I cannot find the full version or any version of it, could someone help out?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

57 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 29, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

30 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

25 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

28 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

39 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 5:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.