New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 15, 2023 6:30 PM
Aug 2022
I wouldn't want to miss the hashira meeting
Sep 15, 2023 6:42 PM
May 2023
igurnur said:
So I've been thinking to watch Demon Slayer but feel like starting straight with Season 2 and skipping full Season 1. I know it's kinda stupidity but pls lemme will it affect my watching experience, what will I miss, what should I keep in mind while watching S2 and what should I know before watching S2? Just don't hate. Thanks!

Season 1 is only World Building, skip.
Sep 15, 2023 6:56 PM

Apr 2022
well, s1 wasn't good but you do need to understand a few things. might as well skip it bruh you seem uninterested as hell lol.
Sep 15, 2023 7:00 PM
Jun 2022
igurnur said:
So I've been thinking to watch Demon Slayer but feel like starting straight with Season 2 and skipping full Season 1. I know it's kinda stupidity but pls lemme will it affect my watching experience, what will I miss, what should I keep in mind while watching S2 and what should I know before watching S2? Just don't hate. Thanks!

doesn't matter. demon slayer is not some detective psychological anime where you need to watch all episodes to grasp further episodes. watch from any point because it's not that much complex anime. even if you start watching from middle of season 2 it won't affect that much.
Sep 15, 2023 9:45 PM
Jul 2023
Actually, season 1 is the only season that I can give 8/10 but other 2nd and 3rd seasons are not that good.
Sep 15, 2023 11:36 PM
Jul 2022
igurnur said:

Skippin a whole fucking season, especially when it's the first one is the worst thing you could possibly do. If you just want to watch awesome fight them just watch some clips in youtube.
You literally expect someone to have you understand 24 episodes worth of content through a comment and no visual story?

Mod edit: Removed Insult
FluffygreygrassSep 24, 2023 5:24 AM
Sep 15, 2023 11:37 PM
Jul 2022
mr_simp2000 said:
igurnur said:

doesn't matter. demon slayer is not some detective psychological anime where you need to watch all episodes to grasp further episodes. watch from any point because it's not that much complex anime. even if you start watching from middle of season 2 it won't affect that much.

it won't effect too much except the fact he won't enjoy a shit.
Sep 15, 2023 11:45 PM
Jun 2021
igurnur said:

this is the way I see it; season 1 is a good hype started and it explains everything you need to know. It does a good job at portraying the plot while also providing the necessary information to know how the world functions. By the time you get to season 2 its so hype because season 1 leaves you wanting to know and watch more. If you start season 2 off the bat you'll have a hard time liking it.
Sep 16, 2023 1:23 AM
May 2021
why do u want to skip it tho??
Sep 16, 2023 1:37 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to Fovexes71125
kushakashi said:
tell me one relevant thing that you couldn't learn by reading a 1 paragraph summary of the first season. something that would force you to watch it otherwise the second season wouldn't make any sense.

I'll sum up everything op needs to know about ds and you tell me if he'll get confused watching a random episode of a random season just by knowing these. (yes even starting in the middle of a fight)
tanjiro: generic shonen protag.
nezuko: demon, but good demon cuz shonen. also, tanjiros sister cuz r34.
muzan: final boss/bad guy.
demon slayer core: good guys. (I don't even know if that's their name, it might as well be 9 court guard squads and nothing would change)
hashira: good guys that we care about who each have a quirk.
breathing style: generic unexplained shonen power system.
demon blood art: even more bullshit shonen power system.
story: tanjiro has to beat muzan so he can turn nezuko back to human.

Do you even like anime? Genuine question, not trying to hate.

the first 3 things i though when I saw this:
1-troll
2-not old enough to be here (10-)
3-way too old to be here (60+)

and yes. i do like anime, I think animation as a whole is one of (if not) the most powerful forms of storytelling there is. and anime (at this point in time) is definitely the biggest and most successful subtype of animation.
but that doesn't mean I have to like literally EVERY anime ever made. case and point, this nothing burger of a story that gets the label of "good" exclusively by people who don't know what that means in this context. (and also, not all anime is battle shonen. hell, top of your list is full of good anime . . . mostly)
Sep 16, 2023 1:58 AM
Jan 2020
igurnur said:

Bros really asking if skipping a whole cannon season will affect his watching experience 💀
Sep 16, 2023 2:32 AM
Dec 2021
I wouldn't recommend doing this. Skipping any part of a show, especially an entire season of it, will mess with you and your experience a lot. You'll miss out on both world and character building, not to mention you'll be confused as hell watching. If you still don't want to watch season 1, I would recommend reading the manga corresponding to that part. It'll be quicker than watching an entire season, and you won't miss out on the important stuff (that is, if you pay attention while reading).
Sep 16, 2023 3:50 AM
Jan 2020
JUST WATCH SEASON 1 FIRST
( no hate )
Sep 16, 2023 4:22 AM
Jun 2022
DexterDrubo said:
mr_simp2000 said:

it won't effect too much except the fact he won't enjoy a shit.

let him not enjoy.
Sep 16, 2023 4:23 AM
Sep 2023
igurnur said:

I am hoping you aren't mad or something like bro seriously? Have you ever slipped s1 of any series?And with Demin slayer it's specially made for genz and events keep on happening regularly and not even 1 ep of season 1 was boring
Sep 16, 2023 4:34 AM
Apr 2023
igurnur said:

you won't really miss out on much. just search up some basic stuff to know about the story. but season 1 ain't that bad is pretty average. but season 2 holy, straight 8.5/10 at least based on action. and s3 is like 4/10 so yeah you can just watch s2
Sep 16, 2023 4:55 AM
Apr 2023
buddy if you don't care for spoilers fine but season 1 is informative
Sep 16, 2023 5:04 AM

Jan 2021
I commend you for your self awareness and honesty, what a stupid! stupid!! question.
Sep 16, 2023 5:05 AM
Jul 2023
im not watching demon slayer. leave me alone. peace out.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
-DxP-Sep 17, 2023 6:16 AM
Sep 16, 2023 8:28 AM
May 2023
Seasons 2 and 3 are the length of season one, so you are skipping nearly half the show. Consider how much you’d miss if you skipped the first half of any other anime
Sep 16, 2023 9:48 AM
Jun 2023
igurnur said:
im not watching demon slayer. leave me alone. peace out.

You ask for others to leave you alone but you create a stupid thread so ofc there'll be hate along with other comments so just bear with it and if you cant you can always close the notifications

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
-DxP-Sep 17, 2023 6:16 AM
Sep 16, 2023 11:13 AM

Apr 2018
Skipping a season of an anime despite how bad it is... is not good.

let me explain why : enjoyment and comprehension.

You will not appreciate season 2 as much as if you watch season 1.

--
And to remember : season 1 : there is a huge great cast. ( for example the scene where you see all the captain ) . You will miss that part. Seeing other characters etc is something that hype you in the first place.

Season 1 is very important for Demon Slayer. Specially when you know how fast the plot is.

--

Enjoy the show. Why skipping ? Idk why people want to jump into something and have instant dopamine or instant result.
Take your time : appreciate what you are watching.
satchoffSep 16, 2023 11:23 AM
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 16, 2023 11:19 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to kushakashi
tell me one relevant thing that you couldn't learn by reading a 1 paragraph summary of the first season. something that would force you to watch it otherwise the second season wouldn't make any sense.

I'll sum up everything op needs to know about ds and you tell me if he'll get confused watching a random episode of a random season just by knowing these. (yes even starting in the middle of a fight)
demon slayer core: good guys. (I don't even know if that's their name, it might as well be 9 court guard squads and nothing would change)
@kushakashi

If you think like that, then every Battle shonen is like that.
Even love triangle, slice of life/romance is somehow generic...

I like when there is not too much fuked up plot twist. ( watch Nanatsu no taizai ) : last season is a mess...

AoT, Black Clover... everything has a fuked up situation.

It's not because the plot is "simple" that the story is bad... Yes Demon Slayer seems to be very simple and maybe overrated due to the animation but the story isn't bad and the enjoyment is here.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 16, 2023 11:20 AM
Aug 2023
kushakashi said:

I can tell just by reading your comment that you haven't watched a single episode of Demon Slayer, we spend multiple episodes learning about breathing styles and why they work and the same with blood demon arts.
Then there's your "argument" about nezuko being good "just because" which isn't true in the slightest, we're told and shown multiple times how she was basically hypnotized by urokodaki to be good, and even after that there's a whole other reason she's a good demon which you would know if you actually did your research.
Then there's the problem of demon slayer Corp and the hashira. first off there are nine of them because the Japanese word for "pillar" take nine stokes, and when they are first introduced we meet giyu who immediately tries to kill Nezuko and then in the hashira meeting episode most of the hashira are talking about how they want to murder Nezuko and Tanjiro before Sanemi stabs her.
And as for their "quirks" I think you're referring to the traits they've each picked up from their childhoods and backstories. Each of them has a specific reason the act the way they do. From Rengokus cheerful energy caused by him trying to live every day to the fullest not knowing when he could die, to shinobu who acts all nice with a scary undertone after her sister died and she smiled to keep her happy in her final moments, to Sanemi who had to kill his own mother after she got turned into a demon and then was yelled at by his only surviving family that his mother didn't kill blaming him for her death calling him a murderer. What about Obanai (someone who attacked Tanjiro), who was locked in a cage for his whole life by a demon while his while family served them happily keeping him in the cage before slicing his mouth open (which is why he has his bandages on his mouth) only for him to escape from his cage ending with everyone in his family dying to the demon as a former Hashira saves him bringing him into the demon slayer Corp.
Oh and you completely forgot to even mention Tamayo and Yushiro, 2 very important characters that add even more complexity to the plot as they make Tanjiro question whether demons can be saved.
Oh, and while we're talking about tanjiro, he's not generic, if he were generic then when he fights the mother spider he would have let her live after seeing her surrender, but he doesn't, he knows that she was remorseful but he still kills her because he knew she had killed people, while other protagonists like Naruto would have let her live. He's a caring person because he was raised as an older brother who learned to act as a 3rd parent since his father died, which is why he's so caring because he remains the kind person he is.
oh, and you didn't even mention zenitsu and inosuke.
Sep 16, 2023 12:51 PM
Jan 2016
Worst way to watch the show. Start from the beginning.
Sep 16, 2023 1:38 PM

Jun 2021
youre right, it is a stupid question
Sep 16, 2023 1:48 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to satchoff
@kushakashi

If you think like that, then every Battle shonen is like that.
Even love triangle, slice of life/romance is somehow generic...

I like when there is not too much fuked up plot twist. ( watch Nanatsu no taizai ) : last season is a mess...

AoT, Black Clover... everything has a fuked up situation.

It's not because the plot is "simple" that the story is bad... Yes Demon Slayer seems to be very simple and maybe overrated due to the animation but the story isn't bad and the enjoyment is here.
quote me saying ds is bad cuz it's simple. you can't. because I never did so.
i never said simple = bad, I just stated that ds is simple. that's it.

my problem with ds isn't that it fails at what it tries, on the contrary, it's very successful at it. it's that it doesn't try for much and people pretend otherwise. i promise you, the same people aren't gonna remember ds 5 years after it ends. it just hasn't done anything worth remembering. basically, the problem isn't the show it is the fandom.

side note: unlike ds, sds (even the names are similar jeez) actually tries its hand at a seemingly good story . . . and fails due to poor world building, horrible judgment on how to approach character progression, and god awful animation. (especially toward the end)
Sep 16, 2023 2:17 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Rhxnni
kushakashi said:

I can tell just by reading your comment that you haven't watched a single episode of Demon Slayer, we spend multiple episodes learning about breathing styles and why they work and the same with blood demon arts.
Then there's your "argument" about nezuko being good "just because" which isn't true in the slightest, we're told and shown multiple times how she was basically hypnotized by urokodaki to be good, and even after that there's a whole other reason she's a good demon which you would know if you actually did your research.
Then there's the problem of demon slayer Corp and the hashira. first off there are nine of them because the Japanese word for "pillar" take nine stokes, and when they are first introduced we meet giyu who immediately tries to kill Nezuko and then in the hashira meeting episode most of the hashira are talking about how they want to murder Nezuko and Tanjiro before Sanemi stabs her.
And as for their "quirks" I think you're referring to the traits they've each picked up from their childhoods and backstories. Each of them has a specific reason the act the way they do. From Rengokus cheerful energy caused by him trying to live every day to the fullest not knowing when he could die, to shinobu who acts all nice with a scary undertone after her sister died and she smiled to keep her happy in her final moments, to Sanemi who had to kill his own mother after she got turned into a demon and then was yelled at by his only surviving family that his mother didn't kill blaming him for her death calling him a murderer. What about Obanai (someone who attacked Tanjiro), who was locked in a cage for his whole life by a demon while his while family served them happily keeping him in the cage before slicing his mouth open (which is why he has his bandages on his mouth) only for him to escape from his cage ending with everyone in his family dying to the demon as a former Hashira saves him bringing him into the demon slayer Corp.
Oh and you completely forgot to even mention Tamayo and Yushiro, 2 very important characters that add even more complexity to the plot as they make Tanjiro question whether demons can be saved.
Oh, and while we're talking about tanjiro, he's not generic, if he were generic then when he fights the mother spider he would have let her live after seeing her surrender, but he doesn't, he knows that she was remorseful but he still kills her because he knew she had killed people, while other protagonists like Naruto would have let her live. He's a caring person because he was raised as an older brother who learned to act as a 3rd parent since his father died, which is why he's so caring because he remains the kind person he is.
oh, and you didn't even mention zenitsu and inosuke.
@Rhxnni
i hate how they got rid of the quote system . . . im just gonna artificially quote you if thats ok.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can tell just by reading your comment that you haven't watched a single episode of Demon Slayer, we spend multiple episodes learning about breathing styles and why they work and the same with blood demon arts."

so what? we get multiple episodes of how chakra works too, doesn't make it any less generic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Then there's your "argument" about nezuko being good "just because" which isn't true in the slightest, we're told and shown multiple times how she was basically hypnotized by urokodaki to be good, and even after that there's a whole other reason she's a good demon which you would know if you actually did your research."

here's how i knew you haven't seen much before i looked at your list. you dont understand the basics of shonen tropes. come back when you've reached 100 day minimum.
"Then there's the problem of demon slayer Corp and the hashira. first off there are nine of them because the Japanese word for "pillar" take nine stokes"

monogatari much?
"and when they are first introduced we meet giyu who immediately tries to kill Nezuko and then in the hashira meeting episode most of the hashira are talking about how they want to murder Nezuko and Tanjiro before Sanemi stabs her.
Oh and you completely forgot to even mention Tamayo and Yushiro, 2 very important characters that add even more complexity to the plot as they make Tanjiro question whether demons can be saved."

you're right. this whole thing, i didn't remember 90% of it. so what? i don't need any of that info going into season 2 which is what this whole conversation was about. what part of that is plot breaking if left out?
btw, vaguely detailed and somewhat related backstories aren't anything special. if anything, its overdone at this point. watch madoka magica before you accuse me of not doing my research. (it came out in 20(god damn)11 and it's still more than 2011 times better than ds)
"Oh, and while we're talking about tanjiro, he's not generic, if he were generic then when he fights the mother spider he would have let her live after seeing her surrender, but he doesn't, he knows that she was remorseful but he still kills her because he knew she had killed people, while other protagonists like Naruto would have let her live. He's a caring person because he was raised as an older brother who learned to act as a 3rd parent since his father died, which is why he's so caring because he remains the kind person he is."

again, watch more shows. you know where i first saw this exact situation? harlock saga. fucking 1999! thats before i was born. so dont go around pretending this is somehow elevating the genre. cuz its not.
"oh, and you didn't even mention zenitsu and inosuke."

because they are genuinely that unimportant. one of them is just a gag and the other one is insufferable. delete them entirely and the show will still work just as well with minor adjustments.
Sep 16, 2023 2:22 PM

Mar 2015
Skipping ahead just go for it, the show will probably fill you in on the details
Sep 16, 2023 2:33 PM
Jul 2020
If u watching it just for sakuga then watch up to episode 19 then skip the rest, some plot stuff but it doesn’t really matter
Sep 16, 2023 3:48 PM

Nov 2020
Bro what just watch season 1 it’s peak.
Sep 16, 2023 3:48 PM

Nov 2020
Please man just watch season one, the movie, then season 2 and 3 you will not regret it
Sep 16, 2023 6:43 PM

Nov 2019
Better you skip the whole show in general it's bad
Sep 16, 2023 8:12 PM

Mar 2023
Some things might not make sense, leading you to be confused or not understand or not care about the plot.
Some characters might not make sense, leading you to be confused or not understand or not care about the characters.
Those are the bigger downsides.

But do whatever you want I guess, not like anyone skipped s1 to be able to accurately describe the experience
Sep 16, 2023 8:24 PM

Jul 2021
an episode or two, maybeee, but a whole season?

Sep 16, 2023 9:40 PM
Jul 2023
how do i delete this post bruh lmao 😭😭
Sep 17, 2023 5:05 AM
Jul 2023
guys ive already started watchin S1 !!
Sep 17, 2023 7:07 AM

Jan 2022
Just watch recap on YouTube or Full Story of Demon Slayer. No need to watch any season and any anime.
Sep 17, 2023 8:18 PM

Apr 2020
Sure...but why stop there?

Just start at the 3 Season.
Sep 17, 2023 8:27 PM
Aug 2023
I guess ur skipping almost all the info on the series
Sep 17, 2023 9:49 PM
Apr 2020
If you’re gonna skip the first season, at least skim the manga up until Mugen Train. The biggest reason people skip S1 from what I’ve seen is Zentisu, but I’ve heard he’s way more tolerable in the manga lol.
Sep 18, 2023 11:43 AM
Nov 2018
igurnur said:

ngl in core, its still just about demon slaying

there will be mountains of reference you wont understand

but if youre a veteran youll be able to guess season one and watch s2 as if you watch s1
Sep 20, 2023 12:39 AM
Apr 2020
Would you perhaps be the kind of person to skip to JoJo part 5?
Sep 24, 2023 12:08 AM
Nov 2016
Dude no offense but your question is really stupid and yeah, it will affect your watching experience, I mean, you already know your question is pretty stupid yourself.

No hate, but stupid questions deserve stupid answers.
Sep 24, 2023 12:13 AM
Jul 2023
xZabuzax said:
Dude no offense but your question is really stupid and yeah, it will affect your watching experience, I mean, you already know your question is pretty stupid yourself.

No hate, but stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

chill out.
i already completed S1 and S2, on the way to S3 and totally loving it.
Sep 24, 2023 2:34 PM
Jun 2020
igurnur said:

watch season 2 but you can skip season 3. barely anything of substance happens in season 3 and you can understand the little that happens through conversations and flashbacks in later arcs. season 3 is by far the weakest season.
Sep 25, 2023 8:38 AM
Jan 2022
just skip the whole show, it's annoying, boring and uninspired.
Sep 25, 2023 8:40 AM
Jul 2023
Yonatankuper said:
just skip the whole show, it's annoying, boring and uninspired.

no bro. i didn't skip S1. the show, its amazing.
S2 is peak.
Nov 14, 2023 7:03 AM
Jun 2023
Average JEEtard trying to cover his backlog
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Bad animation? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - May 11

61 by Kyubey89 »»
Yesterday, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2019

200 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

198 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

235 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

274 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.